Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #151  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey there ladies, just have to share that I made oatmeal raisin cookies for my family and ate about 7 cookies worth of cookie dough. I had been doing so well and feel like I just kind of blew it on the weekend. Today was better, but I made a Mexican Bean and Steak Casserole for Cinco de Mayo that I had more than I needed of. I have to agree with Marisue that at least this isn't as bad some other things I have binged on (and Marisue I have to confess that the only reason I didn't purge tonight is the fact that I live in a small cabin and DH, DD and DS were all here and would have heard/seen). I just feel so frustrated with myself, it is only food! Why does it have this control over me? At least this time I have made progress. I no longer binge uncontrollably and I have actually lost weight. I can do this. It is a slow process, but at least every day that we say is "day 1 of a binge free life", we are trying and you know what, one of these "days" it will be!

Last edited by mamatoni; 05-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #152  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I've added an 'extra' 200 calories to my allowance these past two days and as a result my weight has been fluctuating like a bouncy castle. I'm trying soo hard to do more exercise or tell myself I can eat less the next day, but for some reason I'm just tempted to consume more. Arrrgh!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #153  
On my way back to goal!

S/C/G: 218/201.5/140

Height: 5' 2"

mamatoni -
As you know, I can totally relate to everything you said - from the guilt of eating the cookies and then too much casserole, to purging vs. not purging and the guilt that goes along with that.

Starting on Sunday, I've been back OP. And that's what you have to do! The only thing at this point that any of us can do is get back up, brush off the crumbs, and start again!

I know you will get back on track - and maybe the next time you make cookies, tell yourself you can have 2 when they are done, that way, you can eat the 2 and not feel guilty about having them! One of my friends and I were talking about something similar to this -but with birthday cake and ice cream at a party. I said I'm always the one who skips out on both, but then a day or two later - it's binge city! Just once, I think I'll see what happens if I tell myself ahead of time to enjoy a small piece w/ a small bit of ice cream - perhaps letting myself have it will help with not feeling deprived, and I'll be a part of the group, and not binge later because I missed out.

Course, the next party isn't for a couple of weeks yet...thank goodness!

In any event - don't give up! Only a setback, not a failure!

MariSue

Last edited by MariSue; 05-07-2008 at 10:24 AM.
MariSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

The past two evenings I've had mini-binges. I call them "mini" because I've stuffed my face with those stupid 100-calorie packs, lol. I'm doing WW, and I've been doing well. On Tuesday, however, I ate a very small breakfast, so when I went home for lunch - I ate a huge lunch. That is rather off-plan for me, when I got home from work, I only had a few points left and I just went nuts!

Yesterday, we had an unexpected lunch with co-workers and we'd planned to go to Ruby Tuesdays -- I'd already looked everything up online & knew what I was getting. But...the stupid place wasn't open for lunch! So we ended up going to some random place and I have no idea how many points I had. I got a veggie burger, which at home would only be 6 points or so, but out at restaurants, who knows? The one at Ruby Tuesdays was 23 points...

So I got home from work again, estimating that I had 6 points left, but feeling uneasy about it. So what did I do? I ate a ton of those 100-calorie packs.

Today I feel bloated and nasty - I stepped on the scale and I was up a pound and I officially weigh-in on Saturday.

I'm fine when I stay on plan and give myself 10 points or so after work, but when I deviate from it, I fall apart. ARG!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I am so happy that I have found this thread (and this website!). I have been a binge eater for about 3 years. It began when I was pregnant and very low income. Food was very scarce, so I would eat all that I could at my waitressing job because I knew I wouldn't be eating much after I went home. Of course, I gained weight, but I pretty much stayed in the recommended weight gain range.

After I had my baby, I didn't lose weight. I got a higher paying job in a kitchen. Food is always available, and lots of it. At the same time, motherhood, college, and work is exhausting. I frequently find myself eating just to help me stay awake. I am certain that I eat at least a full day's worth of calories by the time I come home from work in the early afternoon.

My daily binge begins when I get home. Cereal, sandwiches, cookies, whatever is available. I literally stuff myself until dinner. Then I have dinner, then often a glass or two of wine. Even then, sometimes I keep on eating.

I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant. I frequently feel sick and lethargic. I am aware of binging while I am doing it, but I feel powerless to stop. I have tried planning things in the afternoons so that I don't have the free time to binge, but I always come back to it. I have mastered the art of taking small amounts of everything in the kitchen so that my binge will remain undetected by my husband.

I believe I often exceed 5000 calories in a day. Sometimes in one sitting. Ugh, the horror. The shame.

Tomorrow, I will try not to binge.
ezra2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:06 AM   #156  
Burning it away

Ezra I totally relate with the getting home and eating absolutely everything. You're aware of what you're doing and thats a really good step. You need to be aware of WHY you are binging, try writing down why you're eating what you're eating, ask yourself 'do i really want this?' and record how you feel after eating.

Also you say it's a secret from your husband. Maybe you should work something out with him, like everytime you feel the need to binge only allow yourself to do it once you've gone to him and explained why it's so important that you do it.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #157  
On my way back to goal!

Unhappy Entering the confessional...

It all started when I decided I wanted peanut butter and rice cakes for lunch - something kinda light but yet w/ protein so I could make it through the rest of the day until weigh in tonight. Well, because we had none of the above at home this meant a trip to the grocery store first.
I get to the store and near the peanut butter is this jar called "Nutella". I have never had this before, although have seen it in the store and this time decided to pick some up to try it. I read the ingredients and saw it had cocoa in it, so I was kinda thinking it might be peanut buttery/chocolatey and taste like a Reese's PB cup or something.
I come home, measure out 2 Tbsp's and spread 1 each on a rice cake. WOW - not what I expected - it tasted like chocolate frosting. Fine if that had been what I was wanting, but disappointing when it wasn't. But, I ate those anyway. Then decided that because what I had really wanted was PB and rice cakes to begin with, I had 2 rice cakes w/ 2 Tbsp of PB on them also. And then, the took hold of me - and I proceeded to eat more PB and the Nutella and rice cakes-and then, because the guilt was so overwhelming - purged also!
I have been reading several books by Geneen Roth in relation to compulsive eating and following the advice in these books and doing pretty well until today.
In retrospect, I can say that I was disappointed in the scale this morning, hoping it would have been down another pound. Scared that weigh in tonight will also show a gain, disappointed in the fact that what I expected with the food I bought and what I got were not the same. Angry because I didn't walk away when I knew I was in trouble. Mad because the weather was crappy this morning and it made me feel down and depressed.
Sigh...well, no matter what - I'm still me, and I've still got a lot of "Try Again" left in me! So onward we go!
I can make the right choices from this minute forward. Even though I have no earthly idea how many calories to count for today...

Addendum: 10:17 PM - Weigh in went fine - stayed the same as last week! A small victory despite the above confession. Here's to making the next 7 days binge free - one day at a time!

Last edited by MariSue; 05-14-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Addendum:
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket84 View Post
marisue

I ate cake and ice cream and burger and potato salad and chips at a birthday party yesterday. and ya know what? It was delicious. every bite. I haven't had a piece of cake or anything sweet for that matter for 2 months. So I am taking that cake, enjoying it, not thinking badly of it, and not doing it again for another 2 months. Thats my new take on cake, like it? (and this cake wasn't a lie..)
I like your attitude!
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #159  
On my way back to goal!

Talking

[B]Quote:Originally Posted by Kriket84
marisue

I ate cake and ice cream and burger and potato salad and chips at a birthday party yesterday. and ya know what? It was delicious. every bite. I haven't had a piece of cake or anything sweet for that matter for 2 months. So I am taking that cake, enjoying it, not thinking badly of it, and not doing it again for another 2 months. Thats my new take on cake, like it? (and this cake wasn't a lie..)

ohmanda,

Thanks for that! I guess I just needed to be reminded that slips are not the end of the world...and (to quote a Maxine comic here):

"If you woke up breathing this morning, Congratulations! You get another chance!"

AMEN to that!

Here's to making the next 7 days BINGE FREE! One day at a time...
so for today - I choose not to BINGE!

MariSue

Last edited by MariSue; 05-15-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I had a binge tonight. I was already at my WW points for the day, but I went on to eat another 8 or 9 100-calorie-packs, then I ate 3 Weight Watchers ice cream bars, and then I made a huge pan of Tater Tots - I gave my husband a bowl, but then I had a big bowl, with a slice of cheese and BBQ sauce.

I now feel like crap. My first major slip-up in two months. I feel awful.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #161  
Burning it away

I ate 3/4 of a box of quality street chocolates before I realized what I was doing and shoved them to the back of the cupboard. I must have eaten about 1000 cals in those alone and I'm on 1450 cals per day so I'm not even going to try to stick to that...its impossible. So I'm just going to eat healthily for the rest of the day and not worry about it. Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #162  
Burning it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunula View Post
I had a binge tonight. I was already at my WW points for the day, but I went on to eat another 8 or 9 100-calorie-packs, then I ate 3 Weight Watchers ice cream bars, and then I made a huge pan of Tater Tots - I gave my husband a bowl, but then I had a big bowl, with a slice of cheese and BBQ sauce.

I now feel like crap. My first major slip-up in two months. I feel awful.
It's okay you just need to look to the future now and be good for a few days x
Old 06-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5' 3"

My husband & I have been having some arguments for the past 3 days and I have been binging like a pig. Today I ate:

1 carrot
1 plum
1 apple
2 bowls of rice with lamb curry
1 cheese sandwich
1 cup o noodle
1 toast
5 hershey kisses

and I haven't even had dinner yet. Someone please stop me.
needtobestrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #164  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I binged yesterday (3 servings of spaghetti, one mini bag of chips and a mini bag of cheez-its and a cup of lettuce with spray dressing, a protein shake and carrots with dressing) and made the huge mistake of making myself sick that night. I noticed my post on the 1st page; I've given up fast food since then and have maintained a 15.8 pound loss since then, but I still have ways to go.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #165  
wallstreet biker

S/C/G: 250/threw away the scale

Height: 5'11''

today was a bad day for me. during a 2 hour period i ate 2 big bowls of salad, a 1 pound bag of veggies, 4 slices of diet bread. although i kept under my WW point total , is that still considered a binge? since i feel guilty i believe it does. any thoughts appreciated. thanks matt
mattalec1 is offline   Reply With Quote