3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Valentine Vixen Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/70820-valentine-vixen-challenge.html)

RobinW 01-22-2006 09:47 AM

Good going getting right back at it Sassy!! :cb:

Ive decided to add a carb food to my diet to help with the healing of my muscles. Recovery is too long, so I need to up my protein, and carbs a bit. So, I decided on lots more veggies, and one serving of oatmeal on weight lifting days.

Add to yesterday's food, 1 chocolate oatmeal (homemade) protein bar and a 2nd protein drink

Today's plan

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ ?? dont know
Supper~ chicken ceasar salad......have to use the last of the bacon.

Tomorrow starts some changes in eating....time to lower some of the fat, and raise some of the carbs. Baby steps :)

gonna_be_150 01-22-2006 11:36 AM

Jan 21
Lunch: Spinach salad w/egg, onion & HM dressing
Dinner: Taco salad with lettuce (of course), bl. olives, tom's, cheese & sr. cream
Snack: L/C choc. shake with 1 tbsp. nat. PB & 1 tbsp. Davinci banana syrup

Coffee: 6 cups
Water: 124 ozs

Robin - good luck with adding the carbs in & lowering the fat. I hope it helps your recovery time!!

Amber - You go girl!! You're doing great!

SherryA 01-22-2006 12:40 PM

Well my scale went backwards yesterday and today. I've been eating too many "low carb" treats. They aren't low carb when you eat too many of them. So today I need to get to the grocery store and buy some legal foods and get away from those that aren't so legal.

I'm not changing my stats, because I think this condition is just addtional water weight that will fall back off with a few days of good behaviour. If it doesn't I will adjust them then.

sassybrat25 01-22-2006 09:54 PM

Another good day!!

I have done well again today!!:) I drank all of my H20, ate all my veggies, stayed w/in my points and did some vigorous grocery shopping today!!:cb:

Also, my family has offered any financial help me and my hubby might need until I find another job. So a huge weight has been lifted.:strong: No matter what we will be okay!;) Thanks again for all the support!!! It really helps me keep at it!!:grouphug:

gonna_be_150 01-23-2006 01:15 AM

Jan. 22
Lunch: Spinach salad w/onion, egg & HM
Snack: LC Shake
Dinner: 2 slices Carb Smart Pizza

Coffee: 4 cup
Water: 144 ozs

beckamundo 01-23-2006 06:01 AM

B:1/2c. Special K LC cereal w/2T. milk
L:Salad w/eggs, cheese, olives, bacon and ranch drsg.
S:Baked Chicken w/broccoli
Water:at least 64ozs. (more like 100+ to flush out my system)
Exercise:30 reverse stomach crunches and 20 minutes on the bike.

Morgaine 01-23-2006 09:12 AM

Well - I'm depressed this morning. I hit 169 last Thursday and hung there for 3 days, which is OK because it was TOM and I figured I'd stall out for a few days. Then yesterday, I got my post-TOM "whoosh" down to 167.5. YEAY! BUT, this AM I'm back to 171. What's up with that?

Reviewed my food journal. I've been under 20 carbs for the duration (since 01/02/06). Yesterday I was at 16. I did have a packet of pumpkin seeds last night which contained a LOT of sodium, so I'm wondering if I'm retaining water.

I dunno. I won't give up - but it sure is depressing to weigh exactly the same as I did last Monday. (Monday is my weigh-in day at the Y, they are doing a special weight loss challenge over there that I'm in).

I'm going to be defiant and not change my ticker for a day or so...

iloveadam 01-23-2006 10:53 AM

Haven't posted in awhile!

I have been very bad. Not only have I not been posting here, I went on a serious binge yesterday. I was doing soo good, too. This is what happened- I was at 156 for 3-4 days so I figured that if I had a day of not worrying about carbs. I ate pizza, cookies, drank juice, ate chips...Basically...I went all out! I thought I would get my metabolism up. I dunno if I did that but I do know my confidence was shot down and my body is angry with me(tummy ache) I feel so horrible for taking advantage of this. So...here I am...back to square one. I weighed myself this morn...up 3 lbs, can you believe it...sheesh! Well, I am RE-committing myself to the challange...hoping that I can learn from this HUGE mistake. I am paying the consequences for my lack of control. I'm just gonna pick myself up and continue towards the goal. ~Becca

I have been very bad. Not only have I not been posting here, I went on a serious binge yesterday. I was doing soo good, too. This is what happened- I was at 156 for 3-4 days so I figured that if I had a day of not worrying about carbs. I ate pizza, cookies, drank juice, ate chips...Basically...I went all out! I thought I would get my metabolism up. I dunno if I did that but I do know my confidence was shot down and my body is angry with me(tummy ache) I feel so horrible for taking advantage of this. So...here I am...back to square one. I weighed myself this morn...up 3 lbs, can you believe it...sheesh! Well, I am RE-committing myself to the challange...hoping that I can learn from this HUGE mistake. I am paying the consequences for my lack of control. I'm just gonna pick myself up and continue towards the goal. ~Becca

sassybrat25 01-23-2006 08:56 PM

Morgaine- :hug: Don't give up. Stay positive.:yes: You'll start losing again!!:cb:
iloveadam- It's okay!!:hug: It happens to all of us!! Just start anew!!;)

Well, I seem to be doing well. I worked out at Curves this morning.:coffee: I ate all of my veggies and then some and I drank all of my H20!! I just have to keep it up!!:carrot:

Still don't know about my job!!:shrug:

iloveadam 01-23-2006 10:21 PM

Thanks Amber :)

Today went pretty well....

B: Egg and cheese omelet
L: nothing...i was nausaus
D: Salad

That's all I ate today....pitiful, i know...I didn't have much of an appetite.

I worked out this morning and this evening. See ya later!
~Becca

beckamundo 01-24-2006 08:58 AM

not feeling good so exercise is out and foods are gonna be limited. i have a awful cold that i've been 'hiding' for awhile and i think that w/all the stress i am under it has been given it's opp to show it's mean and ugly self.

B:something i can get down easily
L:something i can get down easily
S:same as above
Exerc.:none
Water:LOTS

beckamundo 01-24-2006 09:00 AM

oh yeah, i'm down another pound. :)

iloveadam 01-25-2006 12:03 AM

Hieee!

Hey everyone! I am so tired and sore...but I like feeling this way after work out. My husband will not let up when he's coaching me when I excercise. He's tough!:wl: But i need that. Or else I cut myself too much slack. Ok...didn't eat a whole bunch today~Gonna try my hardest to meet my 20 carbs tomorrow:crossed: Here's what I ate today:

B: Green chile sausage and cheese omelet
L: Nothing~ I forgot to eat because I wasn't hungry....It wasn't until my 3 yr old asked for a PB & J sandwich that I realized lunch was an hour or so ago!
D: Shake

And thats it. Sad, I know...but like I said...I am gonna do better tomorrow!
Take care ladies and God bless you all on your weight loss journey!
~Becca