3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Valentine Vixen Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/70820-valentine-vixen-challenge.html)

Morgaine 01-19-2006 08:55 AM

Woohoo!

I'm now down TEN pounds!!!!

B: Low Carb Shake
L: Will probably treat myself to a salad bar somewhere (I"m getting SO tired of assembling salads)
D: No clue...
Snack: Low Carb Shake
Exercise - It's Cardio day at the Y

beckamundo 01-20-2006 07:17 AM

this weekend will be rough. i have a fish fry tonight, tomorrow chinese buffet and a open house. i'm gonna do my best.

b:special k low carb cereal w/ 2T milk
l:salad
s:fish fry (no frys or rolls) and cole slaw
w:at least 64ozs. water
exercise:maybe a bike ride, but not counting on it.

SherryA 01-20-2006 01:31 PM

One more pound gone for the Valentine's challenge. 8 more to go. I was confused last night looking at my chart. The ticks on the scale just didn't add up. I couldn't remember what my Valentine's goal was, I thought it was 245, (nice round number), but when I added the ticks on the scale of the valentine vixen chart, it was coming up at 246. I couldn't figure out why I set such a weird goal. Then I realized that I didn't. There are only 10 ticks and I set my goal for 11 pounds! OH ok, that explains it. I felt kinda dumb.

RobinW 01-20-2006 03:05 PM

Today's plan

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ 1/2 can tuna & cheese
Snack~ cheese
Supper~ chicken cutlets drenched in bacon mushrooms and colbyjack :D and lots of broccoli (ended up going out for supper.....so I had a chicken ceasar salad)

sassybrat25 01-20-2006 06:28 PM

I had a VERY bad week!!!:cry: I'm either getting let go from my job next Friday or I'm getting dropped to part time due to my store closing, and i still don't know which one it is!!!!:eek: They are waiting until next week to even let us know if we have jobs or not!!!:tantrum: So, I have been very stressed!!:stress: I have not stuck to my diet at all and I haven't gotten any exercise!!:( I have kind of been moping ant eating comfort foods a lot!! I am going to try to get back on track starting tomorrow though. Wish me luck!:crossed:

gonna_be_150 01-21-2006 12:57 AM

Oh no Amber - I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to find something else quickly!!

I haven't posted my menu since the 11th, so don't think I'll play catch up with that LOL. I'll post the last couple tho....

Yesterday
B/Fast: 2 cups of coffee, flax oatmeal
Lunch: 2 more cups of coffee, an egg
Dinner: taco salad w/tomato's, shredded cheese & sour cream
Snack: sunflower seeds

Only 80 ozs water.

Today
B/Fast: 2 cups of coffee
Lunch: 1 1/2 cups beef broth
Dinner: pork loin, spinach salad w/2 eggs, onions, red peppers & HM dressing
Snack 2: 4 cups coffee , sunflower seeds

Water sucked today. Only 50 ozs. Have been really cold the last couple days (even tho it hasn't been all that cold outside) & haven't been able to warm up, despite having ceramic heaters in front of me at all times. Hard to drink cold water when I feel like I'm freezing to death. This cold feeling is usually a TOM thing for me tho so it usually only lasts a little while, but I felt like this for at least the past month. Weird! Good thing our winters haven't been the usual ice box they usually are, or I'd have to surround myself with ceramic heaters instead of just 2 :)

RobinW 01-21-2006 08:53 AM

You can do it Amber, we're here to help :)

Still doing good

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ 1/2 can tuna w/mayo and celery
Snack~ 1oz (or 2) colby jack cheese
Supper~ same as last night's plan, cuz I didnt have it last night :lol:

lady_adnerb 01-21-2006 10:34 AM

Dug this out of page 5.....looks like I've been here before!! I didn't have to change anything. Now THAT is sad!!! I gotta do better!!

Goals by 2/14/06:

1: Get rid of drinking soda/cappuccino
2: drink more water
3: try to get more exercise in
4: Lose 11 pounds (hopefully more, but being realistic).
(Scale should say: 151)scale reads 156!!! 5 more pounds to go! YAHOO!!!!

sassybrat25 01-21-2006 11:41 AM

:thanks: for the support RobinW & gonna be 150. I'm sure things will work out! Just gotta have faith. :halffull: I am determined not to let it keep me down. :wl: So far I am doing well today. I had a very healthy breakfast and I am about to go work out in a little while!! :hun: :strong:

zinawarriorforGod 01-21-2006 02:00 PM

Atkins

Are you doing Atkins? If not how do I find a thread that is doing the Atkins program? Thank you for your help.

gonna_be_150 01-21-2006 02:32 PM

Welcome Zina. You are actually in the LC Forum already :). I myself am doing Atkins and I believe many of the others are as well. I'm contemplating making the switch to South Beach, but haven't fully decided yet what my next step is :).

Amber - glad to see you aren't letting this get you down. :hug:

Sorry Brenda - it's frustrating to feel like you're not getting anywhere when you're trying so hard!!

zinawarriorforGod 01-21-2006 06:58 PM

Thank you , I did atkins for a little over a year and went from a 20W to a 14. When I went off of it I started to gain the weight back. I didnt want to gain it all back so I bought provida and I just cant seem to get into it. So I thought I am used to doing Atkins so I might do it again. I want to get down to a size 12. I am an uncomfortable 16 now. Why are you thinking about the south beach diet, what is the difference? Thanks for any help you can give me. Zina

gonna_be_150 01-21-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinawarriorforGod
Thank you , I did atkins for a little over a year and went from a 20W to a 14. When I went off of it I started to gain the weight back. I didnt want to gain it all back so I bought provida and I just cant seem to get into it. So I thought I am used to doing Atkins so I might do it again. I want to get down to a size 12. I am an uncomfortable 16 now. Why are you thinking about the south beach diet, what is the difference? Thanks for any help you can give me. Zina

Sounds like Atkins really worked great for you last time. I wish you much success with it this time as well!! Atkins really worked for me the 1st time I did it and this time it's not working as well or as quickly. South Beach is less restrictive, there are only 3 phases & there is no counting (I'm tired of weighing, measuring & counting everything I eat - feels like I've been doing it all my life, when I did low calorie, low fat, low carb LOL.). The induction phase from what I can tell is darn near identical to Atkins, it's the 2nd phase that's very different. You can add grains & pasta's & rice back into your WOE - you choose what you want to add. I want something simple & something I can live with. What I've read about South Beach so far seems to fit the bill. I haven't read the entire book yet tho, so that's why until I do, I'm sticking with induction. It's something I already know LOL. If I were losing weight as quickly as I did the 1st time around I wouldn't even consider switching, but since the weight is coming off so slowly anyway, I may as well enjoy a piece of whole grain toast for breakfast :D.

Make sure you join our weekly chat too. The gals in this forum are awesome!!

sassybrat25 01-21-2006 08:39 PM

Did very well today!!!

I ate all my veggies and then some, drank all of my H2O and then some, stayed w/in my points for WW and did 45min. of exercise!!! :strong: Yay!! I'm back on track. When you fall you just gotta get back up and start again. :tread: I hope everyone is doing well!!

bnbsmommy1 01-22-2006 09:22 AM

breakfast: 2 eggs, piece of cheese
lunch: hamburger w/veggies
supper: shake

I WILL EXERCISE TODAY!!!!