Old 03-27-2004, 05:23 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat March 27 & 28

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope ya'll don't mind me starting this up this morning. Today is my early day at work, so thought I would say hello before I left. Yesterday was a very long day at work, but it's all down hill from here as I am off tomorrow. Think me and best friend are gonna hit the flea markets tomorrow, since hubby will be fishing! It is supposed to be warm and sunny here this weekend. It looks like maybe spring is finally here to stay! I really hope so! I had no trouble staying OP yesterday. Seems that when I work the 12 hour days, I really don't have time to mess up. Well hope everyone has a great weekend! It's out the door to work I go. I will check back in later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Lisa

Good Morning Everyone

Not much going on here, just having my coffee watching Looney Tunes Love Saturdays.

Last night we went out for dinner and I got this dish called Chicken Roma San, it was not breaded but it was in a brown wine sauce with mushrooms, onion and sun dried tomatoes, it was WONDERFUL but I know it was over in carbs, it just had to be. It was the only thing in the restraunt that wasn't covered in bread crumbs. And they didn't have like caesars salads, nothing like that. I'll prob be dissapointed when I get on that scale tomorrow Today's another day.

Watcha all doing this weekend? anything fun?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Thougth I would pop in early today! I have been up since 5! ACK! Its Saturday!

Today I am planning to be at teh gym in a while, then this afternoon my DD has a bday party at the gymnastics place AND then at 4:30 we go rollerskating with Girls Scouts! Busy busy day!

OIff to do the bills!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:13 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone,
Hope the weekend finds you well. I've been away the past couple days, deep in homework/housing ****. But, now I have a place to live next year (my first appartment!) and though I've still got tons of work, its a little more manageable now. Last night I decided that after the horrible week I've that it was okay to go out partying with my friends. Everything went pretty well, until late in the evening when we wound up coming back to my room, where I ate a lot more cheese than I ever should have. And it was full of sugar, since it was a cranberry cinnamon chevre. This is my first real Atkins transgression, and I feel a bit guilty, but I'm not going to let it happen again. I figuire as long as I get right back on track its not a tremendous deal. I'm deffinately not up to the gym, so I think I'm going to try to go for a walk before my meeting at noon.
Hope all of your days are pleasent, whether they are busy or not.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:48 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everyone!

It's suppose to be sunny today, but so far, we still have left overs of yesterdays rain. We really need the sunshine to bring the people into the store...its been a very quiet week!

Not alot planned for the weekend...maybe a drive in the country...I always enjoy that, and a trip down to the "artsy" end of town. Not too exciting eh?

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Moring chickipies!!

I am up EARLY this morning to get to the gym right after they open at 7am, since I missed the gym yesterday because of my TOM laziness, I have to be up early to get it outta the way this am!! The kids are watching a video of The Little Rascals, I was not sure they would like it cause it is in Black and white (even though I loved them as a kid) But they do they are totally enthralled!! Today I am off to Costco to do the shopping and to Walamart for pull -ups forbid Jonah have to wear a diaper at nite.

Hey that brings up a question to all the moms. Jonah just turned 4 yrs old and most mornings he wakes up and is dry (he wears a pull-up to bed, wears underpants all day long, he has been doing that since he was 2 yrs old) What age did you start letting your kids just wear underpants to bed?? I am thinking he is ready but he still sleeps part of the night in my bed and I don't want to be woken up by piddle!!! LOL

OOOOOOO Lisa I love flea markets!!! I am a huge flea market, garage sale and thrift shopper!!! OOO buy something good for me!!

Leenie: sdon't worry about it too much, it probably won't even make a difference. I loved reading your notes on the Poll thread!!!

Abbie, as long as you jump right back on the horse you will be fine, put it behond and move on is the best way to do it.

Morning Karen you busy lady you!! Don't you just love being the child taxi service, sometimes that is how I feel! But I love em' so whattya gonna do?
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Moring Robin you snuck in on me!!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:19 AM   #8  
Mom, Queen of Everything

GOOD MORNING TO ALL YOU CHICKS!

I never thought this weekend would get here, and now that it has I'm having such trouble getting started! I'll check in later, but I just wanted to extend a big HOWDY to everyone!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:22 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Wow. A lot of early birds (*looks at clock and notices the time. OOPS! NM!)

TG: My kids didn't get fully potty trained (I mean, they had accidents during the day AND night) til they were MUCH older. Does HE want to wear undies to bed or pull ups?

Robin: A drive around sounds like fun!! You enjoy your day

Abbie: Sounds like you've got a plan for your "extra cheese" Good job getting back on track!

Karen: You've got a busy day ahead of you. The rollerskating with GS was always fun

Leenie: I love the smell of coffee but I don't like the taste. To me it's just flavored water--and not much flavoring at that. How do you drink yours? Straight/black?

Lisa: Going to flea markets sounds like fun! Enjoy yourself

I had this great big HUGE paragraph all typed up and then thought--people don't want to read all that. So the shortcut of it is- I had a Bacardi O last night. YUMMY!!! First time I've had a drink in AGES. Well, I also made some Apple-Cinnamon muffins. 2 g. carbs per muffin--I ate two. Then I felt guilty afterwards. Anyone explain why I do that? Eat something low carb (but not on induction) and then feel guilty?? Ok. Before I go off on another subject that'd take another hour for you all to read! lol. I'm taking the DD's to the store in the next town cuz I have to replace the beta fishes. Plus get some stuff to clean "ick" out of my fish tank. That's about the extent of my day today.
Hope you all enjoy yourselves today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Paula you posted as I was writing my novel. Have some coffee and perk up
Old 03-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Good day, all!

Karen: it was neat to see you mentioned in the article that you mentioned in yesterday's thread - I didn't realize that you were quite the crochet-guru!

I decided to do my work at work today. I've been working at school all week, so I showed up at work, and found that they had moved my computer. I knew they were going to do it, they just never said when. So then I had to wander around the big robotics lab to find my computer & desk. Of course, they all look the same, so I had to start up several computers before I found mine. The lab is huge ... it's one of those places with the big overhead cranes, and big robotic arms. In fact, I'm sitting right behind a big mock-up (full-size) of the Canadarm. I feel like I'm working in a big warehouse. It's a bit creepy, really. Especially since it's the weekend and I'm the only one in here. And every little noise I make, echos insanely loud.

Anyway, back to work for me. I hope you're all having a good weekend.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 03:13 PM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Brenda: I don't think jonah cares either way about the pull-ups or the undies, he would wear either, most of the time the pullup is dry in the morning when he wakes up. How old were your kids when they were potty trained at night? He rarely ever has accidents during the day. I guess I haven't really changed him from the pull ups beacuse he is a co-sleeper, and we can't get him to move to his own bed...urgh. He is just like my nephew same thing with him, the first night he slept by himself was the first night of kindergarten!!! :0
Old 03-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

TG - My kids have been wearing Undies to bed since they were 3. (Dd is 5 and Ds is 7) Both of them have only had 3 or 4 accidents each (DD might even be less than that) I havent had an accident in probably 2 years now, but I still have the rubber Matress Pads under the sheets just in case.

I am very proud of myself! Got up at 5 and posted, then did the bill, crocheted for about 1.5 hours and then had breakfast with the family. After that DD and I went off to thestore to get the b-day gift and foroceries. Got home and on the treadmill for my run then showered, changed, started laundry, wrapped 2 bday gifts, called all my daisies to remind them to wear their tunics to skating, ironed and sewed on 5 patches for my daughter and now back to the computer for a post to log my miles! WHEW! What a morning!

I just had to write all that down as I am really impressed with myself today.. Saturdays are usually very lazy!

Gotta get ready for the party now.. so I am off.. talk to you all later!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Lekker:

TG: My girls didn't seem to want to be potty trained. I swear they were still wetting themselves at 5 years old. Shoot, they STILL have accidents cuz the nuts don't know how to quit "having fun" long enough to go to the bathroom. VERY frustrating. I say, if he's not worried about it but you want to keep having him in the pullups, go for it. Shoot, my girls STILL crawl into bed w/us. lol
Old 03-27-2004, 10:40 PM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Brenda and Karen: thanks for the advice!! That helps. Jonah is finally at 4 yrs old showing an interest in moving to his own bed, we have been looking for a twin bed for him and he is very involved in the process. So I am hopefully thinking he is ready to move out, he has slept with me everyday since he was born!!! DH works nights so it was never a big deal but I am ready for his wiggly little body to move out!! Miles (he's 2) has NEVER wanted to sleep in bed with us, he slept in his bassinet and at a month old moved into his crib in the next room! so I have one of each.....I am gonna get the rubber sheets and when we move him into his own bed I will just try to stop the pull-ups at night. He does fine in his underpants all day long, I just don't want the accident at night in my bed!! hahahaha

BTW, we are going to see The Wiggles in concert in 2 weeks....WHOOPIE!!