Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat -- March 13 & 14

Good morning, all! Are you ready for a wonderful, relaxing weekend? Okay, how 'bout a busy, but enjoyable weekend? C'mon. You have to pick one!

I did my relaxing yesterday, so I'll have to go with the busy one. Today is library day, the girls each have a make-up dance class, and I'm getting groceries. Then, of course, there's the ever present laundry issue. Right ladies?

If you don't mind, please pray for my baby sister and her baby daughter. Her DH (not dear!) admitted this week that he's been cheating on her for quite awhile. She's taking it pretty well because of her faith, but I worry about her.

Okay, everyone check in today! Let's get this thread moving along this weekend.

Love you all,
Christy
Old 03-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  
Searching

Morning Christy-

This is my quick check-in before I am off to wake people up to go to meeting this morning I want to have a relaxing finish my step work weekend

Angi- No I would not think I FP that ends up eating the house would be funny to me, but I don't think naked women are either and my BIL keeps sending them. I simply pause, see if it's a real e-mail and then delete, because what they are really trying to do is reach out in whatever limited capacity they have.

I am with Christy check-in everyone! :gouphug:
See ya'll later!
Miss Chris
Old 03-13-2004, 07:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Christy. I'm so very sorry about your sweet sister. What JERKS some men are! I will definitely keep them in my prayers.
Are you going to join the South Beach forum, or just do the diet? When are you starting? You're NOT 100 pounds overweight! You can't be! You don't sound fat at all!

Oh... Happy Anniversary, Christy and DH!!

Chris, are you okay, sweetie? I'm sorry... I couldn't help blowing off at that idiot in your journal. I tried to hold back. Really I did. I just love you so much, and I will NOT allow anyone to hurt you like that.
I've been saying prayers for you re: the job. If it's right for you, you will get it. Don't stress about it, hon.

Kat, have a wonderful weekend with your DH!! (Kat has no kids! Yet. Imagine the freedom! )

Katrina, I'm so sorry you've been sick. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Did you lose any weight?

Yes, Jennelle, it's spring break!! Have a wonderful week, dear girl!
What a good teacher you are... getting that boy tested and exploring all the possibilities.
We've just had the "week from h*ll" with our little 8 year old. He hasn't had great marks this year, and his report card this week was mostly C's with a couple of B's and D's. DH went to the parent-teacher interview the other night (I was too stressed to go), and was told that he's in danger of failing his year!? waaaaaaah! I was SO upset! I sent a letter to his teacher the next morning expressing my own concerns, and she very kindly called me immediately, and said that his failing is just a possibility, and that she doesn't feel it's in his best interests to hold him back. We're really concerned that he may have social anxieties (she said that in class, it's as though he'd rather throw up than have to read aloud to her, which is exactly what I was like!), and she's going to get him extra help plus line him up for testing. I was so grateful to her for reassuring me, Jennelle! She said she didn't want me to go through the March break being worried. Good teachers are worth everything.

Re: that email... no. I wouldn't have the guts, either, Angi. Just ignore it. How are you doing, hon? How's your little love?

Well, apart from losing my temper with ignorant people lately (not my family), I'm not doing TOO badly.
Our tenant has moved in, and she's a real dear.
Our daughter had several friends over last night... they're all such good kids. I love having them hang out here.
Yesterday a friend took me out for a birthday lunch, and the meal was DIVINE! We had black forest ham with brie, green apple, sweet chutney, etc on homemade herb bread with a pecan spinach salad with warm honey-mustard dressing. And then a banana/peanut butter/chocolate cake and a lemon/white chocolate tart. Oh... it was marvelous.
Yes, I'm starting with my trainer next week. Don't beat me.

Have a wonderful day, dear girls!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Christy - I hope your sister and her husband get things worked out.

Ellis - I'm glad your son's teacher called. Third grade (I'm assuming he's in 3rd grade) can be a tough year. They're learning so many new concepts. In our state, passing the third grade state test is a benchmark for whether or not they allow you to advance to the fourth grade.

Chris - I rarely read journals here, but I will go read yours. Hang in there.

Angi - I responded on the other thread, but I will here, too. I'd just ignore the email. Normal eaters just don't understand.

I am balking at calling my sponsor. She wants to talk about starting on my fourth step. I am not in any hurry to dredge up the past or realize what an awful person I have been at times in my life. I need to, though, because my abstinence has been sloppy and I know that my fear of facing this step is why. I haven't binged or eaten anything on my abstinence list, but I just haven't been as diligent with my meals as I should be.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #5  

Ellis -- I don't sound fat! Please tell me...do I sound like I'm six feet tall and about 140 pounds? I've always wanted to be super tall! Trust me, dear, 100 pounds it is. Sigh...

I'll probably just remain a lurker over on the SBD forum. I'm really a VERY shy person and it took all the courage I could muster to start posting here. Hubby and I are starting tomorrow. Wish us luck!

Sorry that your son is having school trouble. Sounds like you and DH and teacher have some good communication going on, though!

Chris -- How were your meetings? What a terrible thing to happen in your journal! Sorry your feelings were trampled on like that. We know, love, and respect you and that matters more than a fly-by flame!

Angi -- I'd let the email slide, too. Jennelle is right; they just wouldn't understand and trying to explain would only make you feel bad and vulnerable. We can appreciate the inappropriateness of it with you. ((hugs))

Jennelle -- I hope my sister and husband can work things out, too. She's being pressured by a lot of people to kick him to the curb and leave him, but she's not sure that's best for her and her DD. I told her I wouldn't dream of telling her what to do, having never been there, but I'll help her out in any otehr way I can. It hurts me to see her hurting so badly...if that makes sense.

I'm going to relax a bit with book before I get back into work mode around here. Enjoy your day!

Christy
Old 03-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #6  
Searching

Red face What a DAY!

Evening gals! Almost goodnight

My meetings were good. I was topic leader at the second meeting and I spoke about "Abstinence". Don't ask me what I really said, I was just talking and crying, and then I was done and people were clapping and I just felt like I spilled all my guts on the ground. I came home and called a friend and she reminded me that feeling was a gift from God and that I needed to acknowledge his part in helping me. And you know I had, right after the meeting, but then let HP just slip my mind as I felt so needy. Like I wanted that extra reassurance that "exposing" myself was okay. This is my long sigh.

Christy- Tell me if you need some yummy sugar free recipes for breakfast. Korean Skirt Steak is awesome and I love to make stir-frys. I still want to know what your eating daily

Getting over someone cheating is hard, but possible I went through that with my DH and I am no myself. Kicking him to the curb is the easy thing to do. But I will tell you if ever again I rather be alone. In fact my SIL was telling me about this really cool nunnery out on the East Coast last night

Jenelle- Ewww that 4th step is nasty, can't you wait till summer vacation when you have time to spend the day in the PJ's if you need to. I did a 4th step breakdown of 1 experience from my childhood and it ripped my guts out, in a good way of course It like you got to quit nursing this nasty infection you and start cleaning the wound out and its the only way its going to get better, but the first day you put disinffectant on there you want it to end. I heard something really good today about addiction, when the disease is killing you, you actually still think you have a choice

Ellis- I love you girlie, just remember I can stand up for myself if I want to KIDS! My son and the grades Then I bust him cold looking at less than appropriate material on the internet, BUSTED COLD and he still tried to lie to me. I think God makes them ours so we will love them more than we want to strangle them! Keep your birthday lunches to yourself

Okay waiting for Sarah, Angi, and Katrina!

I love ya'll!
Miss Chris
Old 03-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle
I am not in any hurry to dredge up the past or realize what an awful person I have been at times in my life.
Oh, Jennelle... It's okay, sweetie. We all have crap in our pasts, but the thing to remember is that there's good stuff in there, too, and all of it... the good AND the bad... has made you the person you are today. A good, strong, thoughtful woman. Beautiful on the inside and outside. Hang in there... you can do this.
(my son just turned eight, by the way. He's in grade two)

Chris, I know you can stand up for yourself. I'm really sorry... I was out of line responding like that. That's the second time I've blown off like that this week. I think it's my meds still not working. I used to have a FIERCE temper, and it's rearing its ugly head again. Forgive me, dear girl.

Christy, good luck on South Beach today! Let me know if you need any tips.
Seriously, I did really well on it last summer. I lost about 15 pounds before Thanksgiving/Christmas/etc hit.

I'm going to have coffee with my sweet Dad and Mom. Thank God for my therapy... I'm (very) gradually repairing my relationship with my Mom. She doesn't know there's anything wrong with it, so I'm going it alone.

Love and hugs to all...
Old 03-14-2004, 07:35 AM   #8  

Chris -- I'd love some sugar-free and stir fry recipes! You can post them here or email me, if you'd like. Actually, this plan looks pretty similar to how you began your abstinence...no fruit or sugar or flour stuff for the first two weeks and then add a little back in gradually. Anyway, the book sounds so much like me because I am more of an apple shape than a pear. Maybe this will be the kick start I need to actually begin shedding some pounds.

But if I start to sound obsessed, somebody let me know! Fast! I promise I won't get my knickers in a knot. Heck, I'm not even sure what knickers are; maybe I don't have any.

Ellis -- Dahling, I'd love any tips you can give me. Make a thread over at SBD titled "Helpful Hints for South Beach Lurkers" and I'm sure I'll find them.

I can relate to the whole Mom thing. My mom thinks she was mother of the millenium.

I'm off to get ready for church. I really must be more productive today. Yesterday my short break with my library book went waaaay longer than I intended. (Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews...a very fun read!) Thus, a lot of the laundry is still waving to me from the laundry room. Come do it for me? Please?

Have a great day!

Christy
Old 03-14-2004, 01:13 PM   #9  
Searching

Quick Check-in, we are having comapany for lunch today. I bought this gorgeous rump roast I hope it tastes as good as it looked.

Christy- I will try to e-mail some recipes this afternoon. I think the KISS method for food is always a nice way to start, but doesn't work for everyone they start feeling deprived. Someone please deprive me of obesity

Ellis- I always love you and everything is okay. Yeah often we are working on relationships and we might be the only ones know it

Much love to all!
Miss Chris
Old 03-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #10  

Default Hey ladies!

Hi! DH and I had a wonderful time in Kernville. It was so beautiful (the Kern river, rolling green hills, mountains, blue sky, etc...).

Christy: So sorry to hear about your sister. You sound like a thoughtful sister. And good luck starting your new food plan.

Jennelle: I am on step 4 now. It's really not the beast we all initially fear it is. And don't worry about finishing it in one day. I've been working on mine since November and have a feeling I still will be working on it this coming November. If you have any questions or need any step 4 support, you can always PM me!

Chris: Sounds like you gave a great share! Wish I was there.

Ellis: It was a great weekend! We plan to travel with our kids, too. It'll be tougher but I can't wait (our weekend trips we drive - CA is so great with all of the various places to visit).

Katrina, Angi, Sarah:
Closed Thread