Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking alternachick chat March 19+

Phew! That last chat thread was getting huge so here is a new one...

Good freaking Friday morning chickies! TGIF!!!!

I have been feeling lousy for the last 3 days, some flu or virus thing I suspect. But I am feeling better today - just wish it was 5 p.m. already
I am going to a bellydance costuming seminar tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it

Sorry to hear that your meds are making you feel crappy ellis

Hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 03-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I hope your meds get straightened out soon Ellis!

Mauvais! I think you should go home and get some sleep, now!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Mauvais and Squeak.

Mauvais, Squeak is right... go home. You want to be in good shape for that seminar tomorrow. The heck with WORK!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:25 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Oohhh yes, spending the afternoon in bed watching soaps with a bag of cheezies - bliss
Old 03-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ok, so I am a pathetically proud aunt. But I have picture of the newest person to join the workforce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1120-2.JPG (17.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 03-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #6  

My gosh, Squeak. His hand is perfectly placed on that mouse. Isn't it AMAZING how quickly they learn to use the computer? My DS was playing Age of Empires at the age of six.
Your munchkin is SUCH a sweetie.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

What a cute kiddo!!! Squeak!!

What's everyone up too this weekend??

I have a busy weekend coming up...Tomorrow we have a performance at 8 AM for "Jump Rope for Life" for the American Heart Association. Then the street fair...then bowling...then sleep I hope! SO much for me getting my trees planted in the back yard. At least I got the living room finished!! YAY!!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:41 PM   #8  

Beautiful nephew Squeaker. He really has lots of hair. How old is he? I was going to post my nephew ,Shawns picture but never could get it to work right. Thanks for sharing. I love those little ones.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #9  
Mouth of the South

I am usually on the Atkins fourm, but I don't want to limit myself to one forum. That would be boring, besides my alternative side wants some excitement. I am going to hold my friends hand tomorrow morning while she gets pierced and tattooed again! If she doesn't stop, she will be a human lightening conductor! Oh well just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Talk with y'all later!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:20 AM   #10  

Squeak - CUTE!!!

Ellis - hope you're feeling better, hon....

well, i went to the gyno for my follow up yesterday. as soon as i get the medical clearance from my regular doctor (which will be Monday) i'll be scheduled for surgery. turns out that the ovary has to come out, along with the tube, because it's inflamed. if the left one is inflamed as well, then that will all need to come out as well. my CA 125 test came on the top end of normal, so they'll have to biopsy the mass to rule out cancer. *sighs* there's got to be a reason for all of this, though... obviously, this will either hurt or totally negate my chances for having a baby. maybe there's a kid out there somewhere that we're meant to have.... basically, i'm just trying not to think about it too hard yet.

sorry for the unload.... it seems like that's all i do on here anymore... i'm sure you guys are getting tired of listening to me *****.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:29 AM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl67
I am usually on the Atkins fourm, but I don't want to limit myself to one forum. That would be boring, besides my alternative side wants some excitement. I am going to hold my friends hand tomorrow morning while she gets pierced and tattooed again! If she doesn't stop, she will be a human lightening conductor! Oh well just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Talk with y'all later!

WELCOME, CatGirl!!!

You're in the right place!! We have a great buncha loving ladies here at Alternachicks...everyone except Ellis that is.. (RUNS FAST before Ellis boots her in the bootie!! )
Just kidding..Ellis is a sweetie too..All of em' are.

PS: I like Queensrhyte too!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:40 AM   #12  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid_fiction

sorry for the unload.... it seems like that's all i do on here anymore... i'm sure you guys are getting tired of listening to me *****.

No need to be sorry dear. That's what we're here for. Support system for us women who need it. Heck, I gripe all the time and they still let me in so I must not be tiring them all out..yet.

I went through a similar surgery in 1995. I had a tubal pregnancy and the tube blew up inside and almost killed me. They took out my tube and some other crap in there that was damaged from the tube blowing up.
The surgery part was pretty easy...They did a bikini line cut for me plus a tiny cut in my belly button for the laprascope. I think now-a-days they don't even do the bikini cut if they don't have too. Recovery was what seemed the longest--I was in the hospital for 5 days then it took me about 6 months to fully get back to normal, but I think alot of that had to do with the blood loss and damage I had internally from the blow out and the cut. I am sure you will heal much faster... Just remember to take your vitamins and drink lottsa water and when your scar starts to heal over put some cocoa butter lotion on it. Keeps it from itching like a madman and keeps it from drying/cracking.
Keep me posted!!! I'm here for ya!! And you can gripe at me anytime you want about it. I mean that.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:43 AM   #13  
fairy princess

everyone..

fluid_fiction I hope everything goes okay for you.

as for me... it's everyone's favorite week of the month! yeah, you, PMS. Today I've cried over a rat piddling on me, my browser crashing twice, and a headache. Except after the last "active" pill in this pack I'm going straight to the next one, so hopefully the days when it gets godawful will be skipped.

Someone keep me away from DH-to-be's stashes of chocolate chip cookies that he keeps in "his" cupboard along with the foods I shouldn't eat.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:22 AM   #14  

Sorry about your health problems, Fluid. These are the life moments when you need the most support...and the time when you really, really need to be allowed to vent.
So let 'er rip. We will be here to help you get through this!

Hi Catgirl. Welcome.

Ellis, I hope you feel better soon.

Navi, Sometimes a girl just has to cry. It clears the air and gets the cobwebs out! Any kind of chocolate helps my feelings on a bad day.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #15  

Hi Catgirl! Welcome!

Sweet Shel, I'm so very sorry about all this crap you're going through. Don't be sorry about dumping... we're all here for each other. I know you're not a prayer person, but I'll be saying lots of them for you. You're a very special woman... you will be alright.

Navi, I hope you have a better day today, hon.

Noodles, you have a busy weekend coming up!

Irish, how are you doing, hon? Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm getting ready to go to the gym for my first appointment with my trainer. A whole new Ellis... coming up!!
Closed Thread