Old 03-19-2004, 07:45 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday (YEAH!!!) 3/19

It's another day. But at least it's FRIDAY!!!!! I made the mistake of stepping on the scale. Luckily I know that TOM is coming and is the culprit!!! But I plan on going major OP the next 3 weeks to make sure it's not a definite gain!! I was enjoying being in the 140's too well!!!! I'm not as tired today. But still feel something's draining the energy. I'm hoping to get in a workout today as my youngest DD has a sore throat and is staying home today. My antler ring came in yesterday and it fits! WOOHOO!! I'll get a pic of it and post the website as soon as I find the blasted card again OH!!! The zcarb bars are WAYYYYYY better than the Atkins bars!!! You can't tell these aren't "real" candy bars!! Good thing hubby ate the other half of the bar otherwise I'd have scarfed it down instead of being "controlled" about it

You great people have an EXCELLENT Friday!!!! I'm sure I'll be online quite a lot today!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Hi, I've posted on this daily chat a time or two, but I'm just not very good at keeping up with the personal posts. Could I hang out here and just get to know you guys for a bit? I read this thread every day, but feel a little overwhelmed when it comes to posting personals for so many people. So, I'd like to say hello to everyone and that I'd really enjoy a chance to get to know you all.

I'm having a great week of eating OP. My problem is that I was taken out of my running program by the DR for a hip problem and I've not been exercising as much because of it. I even skipped last night which is usually a regularly scheduled exercise night for me. AND to top it off I'm stalled....but I would call it your normal stall, because it's not like it's been several weeks....just one.

My husband started induction yesterday. Boy was that a major struggle. He "started" a diet on monday and of course his weight fluctated and he lost 3-4 pounds in 2 days, then when it went back up he had a fit!! I just need to get rid of our scale, because I'm bad too. Anyway, he started on monday, then on wednesday he decided he wanted to do Atkins, did it all wrong, because he hates to read and refuses to read the book. Then he was ticked because he did it wrong...I tell ya!! So anyway he started over yesterday and was thrilled that he didn't even hit the 20 carbs! I hope he does good and sticks with it.

Oh, I have a question for you ladies...He is an avid diet mountain dew drinker. He has cut down this week to about 1/4 of a 20 oz (so 5 oz) per day. Do you think this will hinder his weight loss if he is drinking his water??

Ok, I think I've babbled enough. Good morning!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  
Mouth of the South

Good morning Ladies!
It's FRIDAY!!! Yeah! I am excited. They are about to do layoffs at my job at the end of the months. No one knows who is staying and who is going. The stress is HIGH! I live for the weekends! I feel thinner, but TOM is coming up, so I am hungry alot. Oh well down the water and eat that protien.

Brenda: I am proud of you being in the 140's! I haven't been 140 since I was 21!

Lori: It is really hard to post individually. I usually don't because I don't have time. I am glad you are here though Of course you can hang out here! If diet mountain dew makes your husband happy, tell him to drink it. He can wean himself off slowly. If he is miserable on this diet, he won't stick with it. You may want to tell him not to get on the scale for at least four weeks. It makes things eaiser for me.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!!!!!!

I dunno why I'm in such a great mood but I've got 2 guesses: 1. It's FRIDAY and 2. The sun is shining and we didn't get any snow this morning! Wooo Hoo! I get to see my bf today and we're taking my mum out for dinner tonight. I'm so excited! Now, if only the work day would go really really quickly.
Hope everyone is doing well! I'll write more later.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Lori: other people on here drink coffee and diet sodas. I agree with cat, if he's not happy he won't stick to it. My mom drinks diet Pepsi and is losing weight. It differs with everyone. Welcome to the daily chat and post when/if you feel comfortable And trying to keep up with everyone that posts (later in the day) gets kind of hectic and confusing

Cat:Hope you don't get layed off. Glad you're feeling great I wish I did! Bloated and crampy and moody. That's me. lol. I hate this TOM!

Shimma: Glad you're back in your spunky mood!! Hope you enjoy your time with your BF!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #6  

Mornin ladies

Well weigh in day was good again. I am down another pound. Didn't make the NYC goal but I am happy none the less. It is so funny that I am down a consistent 1 pound a week. Anyone else would think that on Atkins you would lose more. Oh well, like I said I am a happy girl. Went shopping last night and I am beginning to think I am going to skip the 12's all together and just right into the 10's. It is weird. Hard to expain but you all know what I mean.

Brenda: Glad you got your ring. Definitely post a picture. I want to try and find those zcarb bars. I don't crave chocolate but once in a while it is a nice treat. I should take a ride to my low carb store....they must have them.

Catgirl67: We have been having layoffs at my company also. I HOPE I'm on the list My husband doesn't but We just had our reviews and the raises this year sucked. But I guess any amount is a good thing.

LoriAS: Of course you can hang out with us. I know it is hard to get personal each time....sometimes we are WAY to chatty We are just glad to have you here. Sorry about being taken out of your running program, but it may be for the best. You don't want to injur yourself too much. One of the girls I work with was training to run the Boston Marathon and she hurt her knee......she thinks she will still be able to run but will not do it in the time she intended.
That's too funny about your husband. Maybe you should take him in hand and if he won't read the book then maybe you can teach him something about the plan each day and that day he HAS to follow at least that one thing just to get him started. Maybe then he will be more interested.

Well, need to get to work. Talk more later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:45 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Friday Morning

Its a beautiful winter wonderland outside this morning, we got another 4" of snow. Its beautiful because every branch on every tree is covered with snow, even though I want it to go away it was wonderful knowing that God gave me such a beautiful ride in to work today. He is Good !!

Watcha all got planned for the weekend ? Nothing here, things I suspect will be melting so it will be a wet one. I have two closets I need to rearrange so I will prob do that tomorrow and then fart around. My laundry is kept up again this week so there wont be much to do this weekend

Get this I'm eating cabbage and eggs for breakfast PFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!! Good thing I have strong cheeks

Lori, I love diet mt. dew I could drink gallons of it but I don't, I'll have an occasional one because I'm scared of that nutrasweet stuff. I know what you mean about posting to everyone. There are days I can and days I can't so don't worry.

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:53 AM   #8  

Thanks ladies!!! I must say that it gets easier with time to post to each person, but I just know I won't do well here in the beginning.

Oh, and about the DH not reading the book, what I did was read the 5-7 pages on induction to him. So, he has an idea and knows the "acceptable" list is in the book (which I left on his desk!). And I was thinking the same thing about the mt dew...if he is taking it really easy and it makes him happy it should be ok. But I did tell him...if you don't lose what you expect in the next 2 weeks I'll say it is the mt dew

As for my plans for the weekend...I am in charge of the "drinks" for my father-in-law's surprise 70th birthday party tomorrow night. So, I guess I'll be going shopping tonight. Also I found a recipe for creamed spinach that i want to try. Other than that...tonight is a family movie night and tomorrow morning my two sons have swimming lessons. Since those are at the gym I hope to get in some exercise in that 45 minutes also!

Got to get to a meeting!! Talk to you later!
Old 03-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone!

Lori, I am brand-new too. I've never registered at a site before or even posted, so it was/is all new to me. I stick to the Atkins thread because I've gotten to know the people (and liked them right away) and also because we are all doing Atkins, so it's helpful to talk to other people. Don't worry about not being able to run. Maybe you could ride a stationery bike for a while. I used to jog, but my knee started bothering me so I switched to riding a stationery bike. I get almost as good of a workout and I am keeping the strength in my legs. I figure once I get some weight off of me, I can go back to jogging. And husbands .... they are all the same. It sounds like something MY husband would do!

Jane, congrats on the continued weight loss and for staying positive at the slow pace. I know that I would be frustrated. I haven't weighed myself yet. I figure I will Sunday night. I will have been on Atkins a full week then.

Leenie, I will probably be painting my kitchen this weekend. I'm also going to school and have a break in semesters, so I get to do other things this weekend!

LoriAS, what does "eating OP" mean?

Shimma, glad you're feeling so UP!!!
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey does flexing (squeezing) your butt cheeks count on the Eq. Miles Thread ?

In that case put me down for 50 miles yesterday, I ate a LC candy bar...oy.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #11  

Leenie -

Teece - OP = "on plan" or "on program" (basically not cheating )
Old 03-19-2004, 10:18 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi ladies,
antoher busy day for me...we are having this promo at work where if the customer calls in they can get their cable installed the same day for free, so we are getting millions of calls!!! My older sis is coming over for lunch today and I am going to make her LC quiche.

Well my little flub up the other day didn't do to much I guess I am down a pound today!! YIPPPEEEEE I have been working really hard at the gym so that was a nice surprise, 2 more pounds and I will be in the 230's!!!! Yippeeee I can't believe i have gone from the 275+ to now only 2 pounds until the 230's!!! I am so happy!

Lori : I have drank diet pepsi the whole time, i won't give it up it is my coffee, but I make sure that I drink WAY more water than pepsi.

HI LEENIE!!! I am so happy to say our snow days are over for this season!

Good morning Teece! My knee bothers me on the treadmill, so I do the eleiptical machine it takes all the pressure off the knees.

YEAH jane great job on the pound!!!

Brenda, wow more rings DH must be working overtime in the ordering dept!! Did you ever get the antler ring back? I wanna see that one.

Simma have fun on your dinner date!!

Great plan Cat, hope everything is OK at work for you today!!

Happy Friday ladies!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good MOrning.. Just a quick check in as I need to get the kids off to school!

Lori - I dont always post personally! Somedays we are just too chatty! But I am glad you are here and hanging with us! Just posting helps! Trust me!

Shimma - I am so glad you are feeling so good!! I love Friday's too!

Brenda - I cant wait to see your ring!

To everyone else I will post more later!

But I have to report that I woke up at 4:30 this morning with NO Numbness in my legs.. so I went to the gym at 5! WOO HOO! Another 5 miles today for me. but I can tell you.. my legs are so sore already.. I think I over did it on the leg presses! OY!

I'll check in again later... DS is having a good friend over for a play date so I have to clean up... LOL!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #14  

Happy Friday!!!!

Brenda: Haven't tried the zcarb bars yet...but am going to try to find them this weekend. Hope you DD gets to feeling better quick! Please post a pic of that ring soon. I am really interested in seeing what it looks like. I have always been a "ring" person!

Lori: Welcome to the board..it does get a little busy here at times and hard to post to everyone! My hubby has recently started Atkins also. This was week #3 for him and he is still doing induction. The weight is falling off of him so fast. As for the Dt Mt Dew..I am addicted to Diet Pepsi. I have not given it up for this WOE yet. It has not seemed to slow down my weight loss at all. If I can keep losing at the pace I am now, I am going to keep drinking it! I just can't seem to give up that and chocolate

Cat: I will keep my fingers crossed for you about your job. Good Luck! Have a great weekend!

Shimma: So nice to see your back to your bubbly self Hope you have a great weekend with the BF and have fun out to dinner tonight!

Jane: Have FUN in NYC!!! Hope everything goes great!

Lennie: I like your attitude about the beautiful ride to work! Congrats on being caught up on laundry...wish I could say the same thing!

Teece: Wish you could send me some of that motivation to ride the stationary bike. We have one, and hubby is riding it faithfully, but I just can't seem to make myself do it. I am gonna try harder this weekend!

Well..The weekend is Finally here! And I still have one more day after today to work. My days off are Thurs and Sunday! So I gotta get through today and tomorrow! Hubby is leaving tomorrow afternoon to go on fishing trip and will be gone over night. Think me and best friend are gonna hit the mall! You all have a great Friday and I will check back later!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #15  
Mouth of the South

Brenda,
I am one of the only people I know, and my friends and family can attest to this: I seem to be in a constant state of PMS! I must say Atkins has helped alot! I am just so darn hungry today! If a cow walked past my desk right now, it would be in serious trouble!

Mrs. H: Have a blast w/out Hubby!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote