Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 07:58 AM   #16  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning All!

Khem: Welcome aboard. My two cents -- it's not only NOT a problem that most of your protein comes from fish, but it's probably preferable. Also, don't expect to see major bodily changes in the first week. My ketosis strips didn't actually lighten up until well into my second week, and I was keeping to 5 carbs a day or less.

Well, it's the dreaded long weekend...that time when one feels as though she has wasted her time if she has not involved herself in at least one lengthy household project! This weekend......the garage! Arrgggghhhhh!!

I did something very impulsive yesterday. I took dd to get fitted for her flower girl's dress for an auntie's spring wedding and there was a Sports Authority next door. We went in just to browse and I walked out with a $60.00 "60 Second Abs" gizmo! You know...as seen on TV??? Well, I actually love this thing! I have such problem doing anything for my abs on the floor because my back gives me problems. This piece of equipment is great and I was able to adjust the tension to "beginner" and actually get some ab work done. I can definitely see myself doing this in the evenings when I'm crashing in front of the t.v. and don't feel like going on the glider. Maybe impulsivity is NOT such a bad thing!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #17  
The Princess O' Pets

Happy Sunday chicks!!

Spedmom I have one of those abdomonizers (or how ever you spell it) and I love it too. I use it at home and it does help the back while working your abs, my back is not so good and it makes it so I can work the abs and not hurt the back. It is great for those of us who may need a little more back support. (I got mine at Goodwill, and I see them there alot, as every other piece of fitness equip.)

Well I am going to do alot today before DH and I go out for my birthday date!! I have to go to Costco and the gym, but I cleaned the whole house yesterday!! (I just have an endless pile of laundry to do) So I am sooooooo excited to get out with my honey and be kid free. ( I loves them more than life itself BUT sometimes you gotta be kid free) DH got me 2 cards (one from him and one from the boys) and he got me another of the dolls I collect. So that was cool, they aren't like traditional "dolls" they are kinda different.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:01 PM   #18  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angry Weekend Update!

First - a special belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEO'S GIRL - sounds like you had fun - forget the 5 lbs - they will be gone in no time - system just shocked due to change in routine and habits!

I am back from my carb fest - ooops I mean my anniversary weekend surprise!

MIL was recruited by dh to sit our youngest and we were off to a downtown hotel for fun and relaxation! ...the Westin with those heavenly beds - how comfy...we were on the 20th floor with a view of the canal and Parliament buildings - very beautiful...and snow covered of course.

We had the "romance package"...so when I opened the door I was aghast as I surveyed the champagne cooling in an ice bucket...a bouquet of red roses and a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries on the side (I love the plate they came on - the words love and swirls written in chocolate!).

Well so I did indulge - and it was marvelous!....nothng like having two glasses of champagne, some chocolate & strawberries - then going shopping with a bit of a buzz (the hotel is attached to a major downtown shopping mall).

Hungry - so we went to a very posh steakhouse downtown (Hy's)...had the chateaubriand for two (a very good low carb choice as we nixed the GORGEOUS STUFFED BAKED POTATO - I was eyeing it alot at the other tables and salivating a bit! ). Started with the caesar salad (made tableside)...then the chateaubriand with veggies: brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, broiled tomato w/cheese, asparagus, carrots and zucchini...all covered with a bearnaise sauce!!! Fabulous.

Then we decided to take in a movie! ..there is a movie theatre in the mall attached to the hotel - so back we went - dropped off coats and headed out to see Mona Lisa Smile at 10 pm.....yes dh did get some popcorn, diet pepsi (which I had)...but I did not share in his REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS! (he is such a chocoholic)....

Breakfast this am was a 3 egg omelette w/smoked salmon, ham and cheese (did not eat the toast or hash browns).....went back to the mall to wander around (had a coffee at Starbucks w/sf vanilla syrup)...and found at the health food store the much acclaimed "just the cheese' snack! Very pricey here tho but I did buy a bag to try (nacho flavor)...it was very good, but I can't afford it except on occasion.

So I am unpacked now and trying to catch up with the posts and get ready for the NEW JOB tomorrow - still have lots of stuff to haul - tomorrow I am hoping to bring in my coffee maker (I am usually the only one that drinks decaf?)...and some other supplies to keep in fridge - already made my lunch as I NEED TO RECOMMIT IN A BIG WAY as way too many non atkins foods have been entering my mouth - and my water drinking is off target as well.

I know the first few days will be really hard - but I need to get rid of those cravings which seem to be nagging at me - and it's no wonder. I am scared to weigh myself tomorrow am as I know that some damage was done - but the good news is I am planning to get back on track and face the music. I have lots more weight to lose.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Will check in when I can altho will probably be very busy at work tomorrow...and have a meeting to go to tomorrow night!

Later!

Froufy
Closed Thread