Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:40 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - January 10 & 11

Good Morning

Watcha all doing this weekend, its to cold here to go out so its another cleaning, TV weekend

Anyone cooking this weekend, whatcha have on the menu?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning All!

Not too much on the schedule for this weekend, except for one very important thing. My dh and I have actually scheduled a date! We are desperately trying to rekindle something before it's too late. The past two years of me studying all the time and working full time really took its toll on our marrige, but we're just tooooooo hooked on each other to risk losing what we've got!! So, off we go to romance, wine, and dine and talk ourselves silly. I love falling in love again!

The house can go to pot for all I care. I'm just too happy about having time with my hubby again!

Haven't even weighed yet this morning, so I'll update stats later in the day...

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.....
Old 01-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

OOOOHHHH Spedmom......that sounds devine!! Have a wonderful date with hubby!!! Nothing like some canoodling and cuddling.....LOVE THOSE kind of dates. Light some candles and have a nice romantic bubble bath for two.....that always does it for me....**blush**

Today is a mad rush about town. Dh is only off today until next Friday (he is out of town sunday -thursday night) and we have a heck of alot to do. Design and make 3 pinewood derby cars.....attend a school fair for ds's middles school for august enrollment....groceries......confirm and book a bday party somewhere...ANYWHERE for youngest sons bday (6yo) and ...and...and.....the list is endless. Just finished a nice fryup so my belly is nice and full. Other than that oh yeah....today is a wash my hair day. UGH....HATE washing my hair. I have so much of it and so thick hair that with my carpal tunnel it takes almost 1 hour to wash and dry it. I try to only wash it once or twice a week. Thank goodness it still looks good a week later!!! I don't know how you girls can wash your hair every day. How do you do it?? so thats my wonderful action packed weekend. Stay on plan and ENJOY!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Hi, Leens!

Spedmom: Have a great time on your date. It sounds so fun!

Angel-eyes: Sounds like you'll be busy! I have to wash my hair everyday because it gets so oily if I don't. I'd be a complete greaseball if I only washed it once a week! I have thick hair, too, and it does take forever to dry!

I'm looking for a new apartment today -- yuck! I hate moving, but this apartment complex has been nothing but trouble. Everything from not having W/D connections when we moved in (even though they said the apartment included them) to never answering their emergency maintenance pager. They claim they don't get pages because of sun flares??? Anyway, I'm fed up and ready to find somewhere better.

Other than that, I'll be watching football. I love sports. I'm such a tomboy, in some ways.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning Chickadees!!!

Well today I am just doing running arounds to get ready for the boys B-day party tomorrow. We are having it at Papa's Pizza, they have a huge indoor playroom!! Gotta get a cake and party favors. Wow I can't believe my babies are 4 and 2 yrs. OOOH they aren't babies anymore. The ice is finally melting!! Yippeeee I actually got to the grocery store yesterday! And I stopped by the new LC resturant and got a menu..... AND I tried the new LC burger at Carl's Jr. Except I got the new burger with NO KETCHUP! Why the heck would they put ketchup on it, plus I don't trust a 16 yr old to measure out something with as many carbs as ketchup, and I don't even want to get started eating ketchup again! I have a severe ketchup addiction! Best just to stay away from it. Another thing I don't understand about it is....they put sweet pickles on it??? Why when dill has little to no carbs?? EVEN though the sweet pickles tasted great!! They tasted bread and butter so maybe they got the low carb kind?? Well that is enough about Carl's JR.

Leens: Good to hear form you have fun cleaning and TV watching!!!

Sped: OOOOOO girl, have fun on your date...DH and I are in dire need of one!! We are going out next weekend!

Angel: Good luck on finishing all of our duties today....don't forget to take some time for yourself girl!! Oh I guess that would be your hairwashing time....duh! I mean fun time!!! My hair is short so it is easy to wash, I used to have a friend who had hair like Crystal Gayle and it took her 3 hours to wash and dry!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Jina, you snuck in on me girl!!!
Good luck finding a new apartment of our dreams!!! and hope all your teams win today!! I am sucha tom boy but not a sportsfan!! How does that work?? Horses...thats how! I only like to watch equestrian, gymnastics and ice skating for sports!!! HEE HEE HEE
Old 01-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hello everyone! Thanks for starting us up, Leens.

Have a lovely date, Spedmom!

Angel - I have to wash mine at least every other day, otherwise it gets greasy and obvious that I didn't wash it. Although I find I prefer my hair at least half a day after I wash it...I guess the oil gives it a bit more body, or something. But my hair is short, so easy to handle.

Good luck finding a new place to live, Jina!

Glad your ice is melting, Theo. For us, the radio weathermen yesterday were saying, "And the weather will be starting to warm up this weekend, with a high of -20 on Saturday". That made me want to laugh. Or cry. Not sure which!

Birthday party to attend this evening covers the social part of my weekend. I'm going to prepare for my tutorial that I have to give next weekend and do some other work. And hopefully clean my room. I looked under the bed today and I think things are growing down there! Yikes!

Catch you all later, Julie.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Theo's girl......the most exciting news for me is I found bread and butter pickles by Mt. Olive (NC company) that uses Splenda!!! Most times when I'm craving a sweet something...I nosh on a couple of these pickles!!! I mega wedge is less than 1 carb, 100mg sodium and 0 sugar. I can rinse away the sodium with my mega water I drink so I'm not really worried about that. This has been a little lifesaver for me. Just had to add my 2 cents worth when I read about your burger adventure. Carl burgers....gonna have to remember that one. I just saw a commercial for Subway and they now have Atkins approved fajita style wraps for 11 carbs. Not too bad if you eat mostly 0 carb selections. Nice to know if you have to go out for lunch or something. Good luck on the bday parties tommorow. Sounds like (chaos) FUN!!! LOL

Jina. Good luck apt hunting. Moving is definitely not a fun thing to be doing, but the decorating of a new one is!!! Think of how happy you will be in your new place without all the hassle of the old apt.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:24 PM   #9  

Mornin' Y'all!

WOW..it's COLD here! You couldn't drag me out of the house today! Most of the snow here has all melted into ice, so the boys are staying inside too. After reading this morning's posts here, well, y'all have worn me out just reading them! I made breakfast and cleaned......now the rest of the day is mine...alllllllllll mine *LOL* I'm looking forward to watching the low carb cooking show on the food channel at 5 tonight.

Down here we have Hardee's which is the same as Carl's. I tried the low carb burger, too. It was good, but the lettuce leaf wrap idea was good in theory, but in reality is just a big ol' mess! I ended up eating mine with a fork *LOL*

I'm still on my first week of induction, but looking forward to trying new things soon!

Well, until next time..........y'all stay WARM and happy :smile:
Old 01-11-2004, 12:05 AM   #10  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good evening everyone! I just had to let you know that my date with hubby was fabulous. We had an early dinner at TGI Fridays (which now has an Atkins menu!), and then spent 3 hours listening to jazz at a small club then browsing to our hearts content at Borders. When we came home (1/2 hour ago), I booked the babysitter for every other weekend! Even if we just grab a bite at Whataburger and do our grocery shopping together at Walmart, it's just the time together that matters. We tried to think of the last time we had gone out "solo" (without our dd), and couldn't seem to remember the year.

All's well with the world and I'm going to bed feeling at peace and on track. Love ya'll!!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:35 AM   #11  

Theo's Girl- where is the lo-carb restaurant in Portland? I'm in southwest... need options!

I'm headed over to Border's tomorrow to look for Atkins or lo-carb cookbooks. My girls will want to get out of the house- they've been goofing around with the EasyBake oven today (how will I be able to say NO to tiny cakes from my babies?) so I want to keep them out of the kitchen for a day.

My DH is working OT all weekend since we were iced in 3 days this week. He's about worn out... actually went to bed at 9:30!

One of my best friends is doing Atkins now... says she's amazed at how much she gets to eat! We noticed that Safeway had these huge packs of bacon (7.5 lbs.) on sale for $9.99, so we decided to buy 2 and freeze them in portions to get ready for D-Day... only I can't decide when that should be.

Everytime I cook or eat something, I'm looking at it in a new way- yes or no for the Atkins plan. I can't wait to look at some recipes!

SpyGirl
Old 01-11-2004, 01:37 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

OOOh Spy Girl, there are a bunch of us from Portland on here, Yes Uncle Butchy's low carb creations is on 37th and NE Sandy.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:17 AM   #13  

Thanks for the info Theo'sGirl... I'm also going to go by the Lo Carb Market in Lake Grove and see what they've got. I really think we're gonna do this, and get started in the next couple of weeks. They say not to start when you're in the middle of a lot of changes- I'm waiting to hear about a new job- so I think we'll target a start date once that's in the can. Thanks again...

SpyGirl
Old 01-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I've already gone food shopping, I was there at 7:15 am just to beat the old fart, mom's w/a billion kids running around croud pheeeeew! I stocked up on LOTS of veggies, frozen and can, the sales were pretty good. Its a shame that fresh is so expensive, I did get fresh cauliflower for 1.50 a head last week they were at 3.99 a head? guess they are trying to get rid of them b/4 they go bad. I'm going to increase my carbs by veggies and decrease my calories to about 1400 (well I'm going to try), the prob is I'm so hungry esp at night and I'm filling up on cheeses and meats, yes they are atkins friendly but the calories were hitting 2000+ and I won't lose weight that way, so I figured, if I increased my carbs and filled up on veggies, but at the same time decrease calories by filling up on veggies, how bad can that be ???

I gained 3 lbs during chrismas so I need to get that off quickly and get to my weight b/4 I started eating cookies lol.

Okay off my soapbox lololol.

I didn't do anything yesterday, I thought I would clean HAAAAAA what joke, I stayed in my jamies and relaxed so today I must get my cleaning and laundry done.

Off to make some deviled eggs and some chicken for the week. I'm also going to bring to work some stir fry

Its very cold here, some towns hit below 0 yesterday burrrr!!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone
Old 01-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy SICK FROUFY CHECKING IN!

What a wild, wacky and yucky weekend!

Started out on Friday with a bit of a sore tummy when I left work - but as we had plans for the evenving (dinner and live band at a downtown club) I put on a "happy face".....

Had a glass of white wine...some ceasar salad (no croutons) and the veal piccata (veal in lemon & white wine)...with pepppers and baked fennel on the side -.....shortly after this I was "summoned" to the washroom by my protesting tummy (runs....sorry to be so graphic )...this happened a couple more times in the evening. Needless to say I was not feeling too good...and even my loose jeans were feeling uncomfortable.

Had a few more bathroom runs once I got home (pun intended)...then found the Imodium...which DID NOT WORK by the way.

Barely ate anything yesterday - yes I did have some chicken and rice soup (I know I should not have had any rice - but hoping it would do some "binding" for me!).....Felt better in the afternoon, so was able to go to hairdresser.

Eldest ds offered to babysit last night - ended up going to a movie - (sat on the aisle just in case! )...had some diet pepsi - and loading up on water today as I am feeling very thirsty.

My tummy is very rumbly/grumbly this morning - sounds like a volcano about to erupt in there - lots of gas.....scared to eat anything, but I think I am HUNGRY! I think it's something i ate that is causing this - not a stomach bug - at least I"m not puking (which I hate by the way

Of course - scale is reading VERY LOW - but I'm sure this will change once the eating gets back to normal.....I've lost like 5 lbs since Friday - no joke!

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there and having a fun weekend! I need to get out today to get some groceries, but just looked out the window and it's like major snowing out there - which means it's probably warmed up but still.....don't need buckets of snow to shovel...UGH!

DH going in to work today so I'm on my own even tho I'm still feeling a bit crappy - trying to catch up on the laundry. DD having friends over this pm - nothing like trying to control a group of giggly 12 yr olds......hope I can manage and rest at the same time.

I need to find something "safe" to eat......I am feeling weak and hungry...and thirsty....

Star - hope you are doing okay!

A special welcome to Spychick and BizzyLizzy - glad to see you hear!

Later ladies!

Froufy
Closed Thread