Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Good to know! Thank you! I have to drive 4 hours one way to have the test done-so thank you for the heads up!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #137  

Dee- also personal question and please dont feel like you have to answer.... But did any of the test show any answers for you? Were you able to have kids after all? I get so upset about all of this and none of my friends ever had issues so they dont understand what we are going through. I try to talk to my mom about it and she just keeps saying stay positive and it will happen but its so hard to stay positive!!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #138  

Billster,

No answers. We were about to do in vitro when I heard about someone looking for a family to adopt her newborn. So we put in vitro on hold. Though that adoption actually fell through, it changed our mind set. We wound up pursuing adoption instead. We ended up adopting a beautiful baby girl. And were able to pick her up at the hospital when she was only 48 hours old.

I know you mentioned progesterone. Both my younger sisters needed progesterone support while pregnant.

I went through all of this a while ago, so hopefully they have more answers now.

In the states, there is an infertility support group called Resolve. That helped enormously. I don't know if they have anything like that by you. Every one of the six couples in our support group wound up with a baby - some through medical intervention and some through adoption. and one through both, (an adoption initially and the second through medical intervention after they discovered why she had miscarried previously).

Meeting people who were also going through infertility really helped. Most people don't realize the emotional impact of not being able to have a baby when you want, when everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem.

If you would like support and would rather not do it on this board, private message me.

Dee
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Sorry I haven't been around lately. My middle daughter is in Australia for business and can only call me in the morning as it is night where she is. That is usually the time I spend on the computer. Anyway still chugging along here. Still no more weight loss but am cutting all sugar on Monday to hopefully lose this last 10-15 lbs by summer. Bought that swerve sugar sub so many rave about. I find it is not sweet at all and has a weird cooling effect. Guess I will continue to use a little equal each day for coffee and have to give up me tea. Can't stand artificial sweeteners in tea.

How are you both doing?

Last edited by maryshady; 03-16-2013 at 10:45 AM.
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #140  

S/C/G: H:213; WB: 188.5/180/145

Height: 5'7"

I just bought the book and was SO excited to see that there was a board about this plan. I can't wait to read all of your entries and get started. I'm still reading the book. Congratulations to all who have lost weight and I look forward to "talking" with you soon!
Tonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #141  

Has anyone gone to the trouble of creating a shopping list of WB items that you wouldn't mind sharing? ALso, I think I've read that there are some ready-made dressings, dips, etc. that can be used.

I guess I'm lazy and would love a list of know dressings, dips, condiments, etc. so I won't have to spend hours at the grocery store reading labels. THANKS.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #142  

Tonz-Welcome to the WB way of life!! I love it. I haven't created a shopping list of anything. I just make sure to buy plenty of meat, veggies, nuts, & cheese! I use ranch dressing (just make sure it has 1 carb or less), for dips I would say buy sour cream and add your own seasonings. I think most commercial ones would have sugar added. I use other condiments sparingly. You can have some ketchup just not too much. I use mustard, soy sauce, worchester sauce all in moderation. There are also a couple of wheat belly pages on facebook if you are a member. Google WB, lo-carb, or paleo recipes and you will find tons of recipes to try new things. Just sub out the sugars in the paleo recipes.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #143  

Sorry Ladies I have not been around I have been super busy! Work is crazy!

Dee- Thank you for everything!

Tonz- As for a grocery list- your going to have to start reading labels period, we all do! The main things I buy every week- eggs, almond milk, veggies, butter, coconut oil, meat, veggies and cheese.

My scale is still at a stand still! However I went shopping over the weekend for my birthday and bought shifts in an XL (was a 1X or 2X) and pants in a size 14!! (was in a 18 in January). So even though my scale is not showing it clearly my clothing is!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #144  

MaryShady and Billster, thanks so much for responding.

I promise to start reading labels but your comment about 1 carb or less helps a lot. Guess I'm a tad bit lazy and was hoping to rush through grocery store like I normally do. Listing what you typically buy helps also.

Billster, congratulations on the size loss, that is wonderful!

I really do believe in the concept of wheat and gluten free and the book really makes sense. I'm just really going to have to trust that eating full fat, nuts, not count calories, etc. is going to really work and I won't pack on more pounds.

So stay tune and I'll let you know how it goes. Please continue to post your successes as that keeps me going!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #145  

Tonz- my main key advice- get over fat! I didnt eat fat the first bit and weight went up! Started eating fat weight went down! This lifestyle goes against everything we have been taught about healthy eating! But it works but realize results are slow! The fat added keeps you feeling fuller longer! Chia seeds are amazing! I had never heard of them before but are awesome lil super foods! Read labels very carefully! Even pre packed frozen chicken breasts i have found contain wheat! If you have read some of our prior posts there is lots of great info! My husband and i are both 29 and when we started out in the big city most of our income went to rent and we ate a lot of pasta and crap because you got more for you money, now we can afford much more and are repairing the damage wheat did to our bodies! His blood pressure has dropped to normal levels he was at risk of medication 4 months ago, my cholestrol is now normal low was normal high 4 months ago. We both sleep better and over all feel better. My energy is not up yet as i was diagnosed with low iron anemia 4 months ago and that will take time to get back up there. If anything the health perks of WB out number the weight loss! Question ask us and we will help the best we can! Also the facebook WB group is amazing as well!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #146  

Welcome, Tonz!

Congrats, Billster! Down 2 sizes is wonderful! I'd much rather look a lot thinner, than weigh less but look like I hadn't lost a pound.

Tonz, I'd add flax seed to the shopping list at this point to make the cereal, though I have been mail ordering that, along with the shredded coconut.

I don't know why it seems so much easier to make the cereal than eggs, when they probably take the same amount of time to make.

I'm still plateauing. Have just ordered one of the supplements that Dr. D recommends if you're stalled. Am waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Will let you know if it helps.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #147  

Dee- what supplements are you talking about?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #148  

Billster-

Sea-iodine to help improve thyroid function. However, I would recommend going to Dr. D's blog, to see what he has to say about thyroid supplements and pregnancy, before taking anything. I have heard that eating seaweed itself cannot hurt you because the nutrients are balanced and self-limiting, that your body will get rid of whatever it doesn't need, but supplements are another matter, and you have to be very careful exactly which form you take because of toxicity.

I am also planning on trying a different brand of magnesium, that my sister's health store nutritionist recommended. It is the same brand that Dr. D mentioned for the sea-iodide in the April 8th First for Women.

My sister couldn't find the right brand of sea-iodine at her health food store, but got a different brand along with the magnesium and both her body temp and her energy were up within a day. (Her body temp is ridiculously low usually, 94.5 or so, even though her thyroid blood work comes back "normal".)

Last edited by deetermined2; 03-23-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #149  

determined-I am the same way. Have always thought I have a malfunctioning thyroid but my blood always tests in the normal range. I have very thin hair, always cold, dry skin, etc. I even got a mild case of frost bite two years ago on my toes from doing a 15 min bus duty each morning. Where can I find out about this Sea-iodide?

Tonz-Listen to Billie. Make sure to get plenty of fat or besides the weight loss problem you will be tired all the time. That was how I was a first until I upped my fat intake.
Billie-Yeah!!! Great news on the clothing size. I feel the same way. Scale is bouncing between 1-1.5 lbs for the last three weeks. i am going to start calculating the carbs I eat thinking somehow I am getting too many. Isn't it strange how different people fit in the same size. When I was in the 170's I was a size 14 (I do carry most of my weight in my belly). At 159-160, I am now a 12 in jeans & a 10 in dress pants.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #150  

Did you mean iodine?