Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #121  
Ilene the Bean

Today was a hungry day for me, ugh, I hate those days... They happen a lot when I fall off plan on the weekend. I ended up eating a lot of fruit, blueberries, 2 oranges, 1 small banana, dried apricots and strawberries... The lesson is that the more fruits I eat the more I want ... will do better tomorrow... I did good the rest of the day though...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #122  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I feel you, Ilene. I'm sure dried apricots are crazy-carby I had some strawberries and blueberries yesterday, and realised blueberries were significantly lower (and I enjoy them more.)

I went to the gym yesterday but also made some bad food choices. Honey is bad, bad, bad.

I weighed in this morning with a loss, so I'm surprised and encouraged. Part of me thinks it's all just water loss, but there is still a slight amount of salt in my diet, so I don't know... I'll take it anyway.

Do you guys go to the gym? I realised afterwards that my target 'fat burning' heart rate, 55 - 75%, is actually MUCH lower than I thought.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #123  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling
Do you guys go to the gym? I realised afterwards that my target 'fat burning' heart rate, 55 - 75%, is actually MUCH lower than I thought.
Yes, I'm a gym rat, have been for 26 years now ... I go 3-4x/week and I run 3x/week also... I don't go by what the machines tell me I just do what feels good to me and when I do the machines I enjoy doing intervals ... I usually run outside anyways ...

Last edited by Ilene; 03-30-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #124  
Which round am I at now?

Haha, I should have been able to tell from your signature!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Haha! Ilene puts me to shame! Go girl!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Today was a hungry day for me, ugh, I hate those days... They happen a lot when I fall off plan on the weekend. I ended up eating a lot of fruit, blueberries, 2 oranges, 1 small banana, dried apricots and strawberries... The lesson is that the more fruits I eat the more I want ... will do better tomorrow... I did good the rest of the day though...
Glad you are back on track! We all eat too much fruit at times, and yes, it is sugary, isn't it? Great dessert though

Same story different day... and the theme is I need more sleep! I'm finishing a letter of recommendation for a student and then hitting the hay.

I vow to get my sleep in a healthier pattern over spring break... 2 more days - woot!

Hope everyone had a healthy day!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #127  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Hey everyone! I'm introducing myself here, because I'm going to do a Whole30 starting tomorrow and Claire said this was a good resource for me.

I'll start my own thread tomorrow to post my starting stats and use it as a bit of a journal and to keep me up to date.

But here's a little bit about me- I am a beacher who's had good success on that, so I know low-carb diets work for me. My name is Sandy, I've been on the weight loss rollercoaster for as long as I can remember. I'm ready to be in onederland!

I've always wanted to try Paleo and I've been listening to the Robb Wolf podcasts. I'm ready to do my Whole 30 and I can't wait to extend it to a Whole 60, 90, 120... But one month at a time, eh? One day at a time.

I've already done my grocery shopping, I've kind of already started, but the official start is tomorrow.

Thank goodness for 3Fatchicks forum- everyone here is such a great resource.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #128  
Which round am I at now?

I always find grocery shopping so exciting when i start a new eating plan.

Welcome, uscarchie I've known many who've had a lot of success with South Beach.

How are Robb's podcasts? I'm interested in getting some interesting, informative podcasts. Might as well learn while in public transit

Have a great spring break, Claire.Funny, everyone's already had them, here!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #129  
Come on ONEderland!

I think the podcasts are very interesting- with a little bit of humor. I like listening to them when I go for long runs.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #130  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome Sandy

I'd like to do a partial W30... I have a wedding reception where I really want to enjoy myself and have wine but that's it really for the month of April... Oh and maybe Easter but I really don't want to eat chocolate, it just throws me over the edge...

The 7 day challenge I'm doing presently is going well too

Today has been a good food day and I'll be going running in about 45 minutes...
Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #131  
Come on ONEderland!

Any and all who want to join the more the merrier. April's a great month because it's just before summer, it's a perfect 30 days, and Easter's all about eggs, right? The chocolate's just a distraction.

I will post my stats tomorrow and we'll start a thread going- we'll see what happens 30 days from now. What's cool is that May 1st I'm running a half marathon- so this Whole30 is going to be huge for me. I'm going to be a little leaner, a little faster, and a whole lot healthier. Granted, I run like a penguin, but I always finish!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #132  

Hi all -- Sounds great, Sandy and Ilene! I am going to finish my heavy whipping cream which I've been having in coffee and enjoy my wine on my spring break get a way, so I will officially start Wed (we'll be gone Sun - Tue night). I'll join your thread then, Sandy. Good luck tomorrow!

I listen to Robb on my long walks when I walk alone (without my exercise bud or my DH). I have learned SO much! I have made the mistake to listen to them somewhat out of order - doesn't matter as far as content, but I don't know where I am. I'd say I've listened to 40 of them or so. Good stuff, and yes, he and Andy are nerdy but in a funny way. Love when Robb cusses... oops!

Souvenir - where are you? I'm in Virginia and so in need of break it's not even funny. It's been a ROUGH year, to the point where I'm considering a career change (and I'm a 15 year veteran and last year's teacher of the year). Things are changing in education, and it's SO stressful. It is so unhealthy! I do love it though, but man, I need a BREAK.

Going to wind down.

Have a great night, ladies (still miss Bob and our other Sandy... and Miki)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Welcome Uscarchie - I'm not going in on a whole30 but I sure wish u luck with it!

My own suckitup 7 is groking along well. One of the cafeteria ladies has noticed my selections and finally said "ARE YOU DIETING OR SOMETHING???" Um, no, not really. Told her I'm just bein' healthy. She gave me that look we've all seen - you know, like you just sprouted a hand out your forehead!

Today: Bkfst: pork, small cheese omelet, 1/2 banana, small amount sweet potato, hot sauce. Lunch: taco salad - I LOVE TACO SALAD DAY - and I was brave and skipped the chips and shell options. Afternoon: Lara bar, banana, almonds. Supper: veggies with chicken, cheese, unsweet tea. Snack: decaf coffee, apple, almond butter (my favorite thing with apples!).

Missed posting yesterday - but I did count 11 servings fruit/veg yesterday! I am having a lot of munchies, and I'm just letting them run their course with grok munching.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #134  
Which round am I at now?

My personal 'suck it up!' has not been going all that well.

Yesterday I had an almost perfect day! Perfect until late in the evening, some friends decided to go to a coffee shop and I had a donut. It didn't ruin my whole day though. Donuts are also not my usual thing.

There were plans to go out tonight, but I'm not feeling top shape this morning, and I don't think 1$ beers tonight will help O.o
Old 04-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
Okay, so I just fried up a tomato mushroom 6 egg omelette using my virgin coconut oil.

Well, it tastes coconutty. Not bad, just different - strange in an omelette? Edible. Even tasty

As it melted in the pan, my mouth watered. How can you guys eat this stuff without craving sweets after???
I use Nutiva brand coconut oil and it too tastes a little coconut-y but I enjoy that flavour with a lot of the recipes I use. I despise coconut flavoured eggs - yuck! When it comes to my eggs (which I eat everyday), I keep my rendered bacon fat and use that as my oil. It makes the eggs taste sooooo delicious!!!
paleoforlupus is offline   Reply With Quote