Old 08-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #121  
Lifetime Loser

Hope this doesn't show twice....seem to have lost one post.

Down 1 more pound....adding the walking back in seems to help, hoping for a total loss of 2 lbs. this week.

Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #122  

Hello, v'been reading here for a while, and like what I have read... I started Counting Calories, so I thought I'd jump in. Hope you don't mind.
Anyway my first week went well, and I am enjoying the 'change' I find I am more apt 'not' eat something 'junky' 'grab and go' type thing, watching this way. It is working for me. More in tune what I am eating.
I have added TreadMilling to my daily plan..so far, so good. I count down burning 250 calories each TreadMill walk...takes me a while, but I am new at it yet
I think each day I have had calorie deficiets, according to the answer I rec'd on my post reading Calorie Deficiets.... and it feels good

Well just wanted to jump on board with you all.....
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #123  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Deficit of 810 yesterday. Did have a little treat and ate out, but worked out like a vixen so all is well...

Philosopher - you just gotta turn the day around! Just be on your best behavior and I am sure you will make up for it.

susanb - You know you still had a deficit and you did stop at one. Have you heard of whipped peanut butter? It is super good and has half the cals of normal...might be good to keep on hand for next time!

lynne - Great deficit! Just try to keep that motivation, glad your circuit training is now foolproof

phyllis - congrats on the 2 lbs...wtg.

lj - welcome to the board! You know calorie counting was what got me out of my rut. I feel so much more in control when I know how to do the math...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #124  

stephiewilliams...than you for the welcome....I believe calorie counting is getting me out of MY rut too....I am having fun with it and reveling in changing how I am choosing to eat, and I am enjoying working my spread sheet and seeing all the numbers fall into place...

I had a good day today!!

Tomorrow starts week 2 of Calorie Counting and it's Weigh In- I will let you all know how I did....
Old 08-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #125  
Ready to Be a Loser!

S/C/G: 181/177.8/160

Height: 6'0''

6 pounds down and proud. i love calorie counting. makes me feel happy about myself!
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #126  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Congrats on the loss giovanni!

I had a deficit of 800 yesterday. One more day and I will have completed my first full week in a while of recording food and calorie counting, fingers crossed I'm back in the swing of things.

Busy day today, got to get house ready for mum flying in next weekend.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #127  
Lifetime Loser

Welcome lj, what a great attitude you have.

Good deficits ladies....I'm off to get back into tracking on fitday....

Phyllis
Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #128  

Good Mornin ALL
Well my spreadsheet for my first week looked great with the numbers and deficiets, and everything else I am keeping track of on it...... and my official weigh in solidified all my hard work.....DOWN 3.6!!! Can you believe it!!

I treated myself to some 'extra credit' this morning....burned 50 calories - just because ...However, that being said I WILL do my real TreadMill walk later. I do a burned calorie count of 250...it takes me about 30-36 minutes...but well worth it....

I am so happy I found this thread of Calorie Counters....I do not want to lose my enthusiasuim and Counting Calories is and has kept me pumped. It's a fun thing to do
I don't feel crazed...actually it is keeping me more focused....thinking TWICE before I grab just anything......

Well now the start of week two....and so far so good....

Have a wonderful day out there......Ciao for now........lj
Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #129  
A Mighty Thump

LJ - I am glad you are enjoying our thread, there are some great gals and motivation here.

Deficit yesterday was 600. Not bad considering no exercise although I cleaned a lot, did laundry, grocery shopped etc.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #130  
Lifetime Loser

Finally made it back to Fitday....deficit of 1205 yesterday. Wow, that was a good day and I even did some swimming. And yes my poor old body is telling me I did some swimming....lol

Phyllis
Old 08-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #131  

Morning ALL.....just stopping for a moment.........
Hi LynneA and thanks for the welcome...Yes I have found in reading here for several weeks, before posting that this certainly was a supportive Calorie Counting group. Focusing on how your days went C.C. I love that.
That is just what I need.
I did my workout and added 15 more minutes (45mins) and 50 Cals (300)burned.....it was a great WALK!!
I still don't really get the deficiet thingy but I am plugging away counting my calories and doing what's right. What I found amazing yesterday in reading some Vitaimin bottles and fiber bottle is and rolaids, etc they actually have calories...which I probably always knew, but NEVER thought about!!

I did read "somewhere" that 2000 cal are a normal intake and to lose 1 lb to cut to 1500..(something to that affect)...that being said...when I counted WW PTs the range I was in calorie wise was 1050 to 1300?? Just curious, and just my mind working overtime

Well I am off to do my spread sheet and fill in the numbers so far....have a great, great day....
Old 08-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I agree that this is a wonderful supportive place.
The pressure of being busy and especially "too busy to eat right" is starting to get to me. I ate poorly yesterday and had kinda decided I might as well throw in the towel and take my lumps after the move is over. However ... I've been here for just a few minutes and I know I have to go fill in my fitday and perservere.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #133  
A Mighty Thump

You can do it Susan.

Oh hey, look at my ticker. 170, yeah that's right baby the scales have officially moved!!!! I knew that when I jumped up to 175 last week, at least 2 maybe 3 of those lbs was water weight. I was expecting the scales to say 173, 172 if I was lucky so imagine my delight at 170!!

I'm very pleased to say the least. Now I have to keep it up. The next couple of weeks are going to be hard. My mum and aunt are flying in on Friday as I have mentioned previously. I'll be taking that time off work. Seeing as I won't be driving an hour to work each day, I won't be visiting the gym (the gym is 10 mins from where I work). I'm going to try eat as well as I can and plan to sneak in a couple of early morning runs before everyone else wakes up.

On top of that, hubbie and I have our vow renewal/blessing on the 9th Sept so I've been stressing getting that ready. We did the courthouse thing when we got married and always said we'd have a blessing if mum ever made it over. We've got his mum coming into town too for that weekend.

I will be so happy when September is over and it hasn't even started yet!

Have a good day all.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #134  
Lifetime Loser

WoooHooo on the 170......good going. Isn't that a great surprise.

I was about even yesterday, had more carbs than normal and feel it today. Back to Fitday and being good today.

Phyllis
Old 08-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #135  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok ladies was waaaay over this weekend. Had a binge eating fest Sunday night. Need to stay on track this week to make up for it. I need to buy an actual physical journal. Logging everything online is great but on weekends I am too busy. I need to be able to get it down easily and fast!

lj - I am a planner my self, analytical and know what you mean by enjoying seeing the numbers on your sheet Hope things are going well for you. Congrats on your loss! That is amazing. The numbers are different for each of us. Try doing a google search for "calories to maintain" and it should bring up a couple calculators. You input your height, weight, activity level and sex and it pops out a number of calories you need just to stay your exact same weight. To lose 1 lb a week you need to cut 3500 calories a week or 500 per day. To lose two lbs you need to cut 7000 calories a week or 1000 per day. Although I find it more helpful and less frustrating to just try and have A DEFICIT no matter how much each day. Some days will be more than others but overall you will lose. The way you figure out how much of a deficit you had is like this...According to my calculator I need to eat 2032 calories per day to stay the same weight. I ate 1500 calories today and worked out for 30 minutes burning 100 calories...2032 - 1500 = 532 calories less than my maintenance level. 532 plus the 100 calories I worked of working out means I have a deficit of 632 for the day! Make sense?

lynnea - NICE Deficit! One week gone and done, how are you liking calorie counting? 600 is pretty good actually...Wow on the 170 YAY!

phyllis - wow great going, 1205 is awesome! Swimming is so great for your body, I am only 25 and after I play sports I can tell my body isnt as young as it used to be. Happens to all of us hehe. EVEN is better than over...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote