Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #241  
Keep the energy up!

Screen Name: Kinney

Age/Age Range: almost 27

Family Life: I have a cat?

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Movies, my ipod, the gym (trying, trying, trying), and now to truly lose weight

Favorite Music: rock, dance, some pop

Favorite Color(s): glow-in-the-dark, black, brown, pink (as of late)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, bike, weight machines, watching tv (if only that WAS an exercise)

What are your fitness/health goals? to walk up two flights of stairs and have my breathing not change

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? not being able to find clothes that fit at any normal store. I don't want to be this person.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating right, not doing the "emotional" eating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eat more veggies/fruits, east less pasta, eat less in general

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I actually can't think of anyone, but I would like to not look WORSE than my coworkers (who are very thin and still complain about their weight)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? jeans
Old 08-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: tolose85

Age/Age Range:30

Family Life:husband, 1 year old son, dog

Hobbies and Interests: playing with my son, spending quality time with family and losing weight! (It is a hobby you know!)

Favorite Music:ANYTHING 80's

Favorite Color(s): I love color so any will do

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: WAWP 3 mile

What are your fitness/health goals? To be fit, active , healthy and reach ideal weight for me.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I did it before I got pregnant, gained it all back during pregnancy (+25 more). I had to get my new family life adjusted before I could dedicate time to me. I am an all or nothin' kind of gal.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting enough water!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More water, more exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself the first time!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? All the clothes I have packed away from before!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #243  

Hopefully this will count as an introduction.
I am Sol_lasciva (as you can see next to this post), and I am a 36 year old soon-to-be-divorced mother to one child, who turned nine this past year. I am attending college to get my teaching degree, and I work at McDonald's to pay for everything that I can with it, and for the rest I depend on my extra-ordinarily patient parents, who are supporting me. My hobbies tend to be home-and-craft types of things - I knit, sew, crochet, embroider, cross stitch, cook (lord help me!), and a variety of other things that don't happen to get my fanny in gear and moving, which contributes to why I am here.
I am a diabetic, and have had several health scares in the past. I have been trying, mostly on my own, to control my weight, with limited success. Ten years ago, I weighed in at something over 300 pounds. Today, I weigh in at 248 pounds. I was "stuck" at 265 to 270 pounds for a very long time, until I left my husband.
My main fitness goals include just being healthier, ideally to put my diabetes into remission. The lowest weight I have ever been at as an adult is 198. I am supposed to shoot for something between 130 and 140.
Rather than regarding this as having an "end", I hope to just maintain goals such as exercising as much as that old surgeon general suggests (and, you know, they never look like THEY exercise 60 or 90 minutes a day, do they?), eating foods in the quantities that my doctor suggests, and taking my medications on time, every time. If I don't actually lose weight while doing that, I have decided that I don't care. I made that decision after I let a broken scale ruin a whole month for me.
I know this got chatty, but I saw all the posts with lists on them, and I just didn't feel up to filling in the blanks.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #244  

Height: 5'7''

Edited

Last edited by IceQueen61400; 09-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #245  
love my new muscles!

S/C/G: 231/182/165

Height: 5'7

Screen Name: Luv_losin

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: Married, one son age 4, and a dog

Hobbies and Interests: I like to do a lot but mosltly end up just wanting to them. I love to scrapbook, paint, crochet, exercise at the gym, and hang out at my sons many activities like swimming, soccer, and karate (after soccer).

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Light Green and Light Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, Ellitipitical, and weights.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be healthy and more importantly I would like to pass on healthy eating habits on to my son who has been fast catching on to my bad habits.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My son had a huge weight gain between the age of 3 and 4. It opened my eyes to the bad habits I have been passing on to him.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising. I like to do it when I get there but it is so hard to find the time.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to stop sitting in front of the TV so much and get up and move. I need to eat more fiber, I need to make the time to exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh know that would not be using my positive thinking skills. I just want to look good!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything that is not in the womans section of the store. I honesly do not ever remember buying anything that was regular in size even as a child.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #246  
Searching for balance

S/C/G: 247/241.2/150

Height: 5'6 - Female

Screen Name: Irishowl, my name is Shannon

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: I live with my partner Shelley, our 2 dogs and cats. Babies to follow in a few years......

Occupation: Cardiac monitor technician and pre nursing student.

Hobbies and Interests: Scrapbooking, cooking, reading, movies.

Favorite Music: A little bit of everything.

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking in the park

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd just like to be healthier and have more energy.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The day I stepped on the scale and saw 272. I realized I was alot closer to 300 pounds than I was to 200 pounds and that scared me to death because I could really see my weight continuing to climb if I didn't do something.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating when I'm bored.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating out of boredom, getting enough exercise, stress eating

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My partner's evil ex....

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I just can't wait to shop in regular stores.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #247  

As I've been posting, I ought to introduce myself:

Screen Name: Luvmypup

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: Single, dog... spiders and crickets the size of small pets in the basement!

Hobbies and Interests: Dog training, reading

Favorite Music: I'm kinda out of touch lately...

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to be able to be as active in real life as my image of myself is

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Several: I fell several times last year, that scared and embarrassed me; then I was sitting around a bar with some pretty good acquaintances, and they were really pushing the weight loss surgery because my life "must be just miserable" (well, it wasn't... and they each have some huge problems--addictions, bankruptcy, miserable marriages--yet they were more than willing for me to risk my otherwise healthy life to be thin... it was sort of a wierd moment that got me motivated for some reason I haven't figured out); then there's the fact that I was in constant pain (old ankle injury...), that's a motivator!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating; being surrounded by junk; not exercising consistently

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Emotional eating; dealing with being surrounded by junk; exercising consistently...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: Maybe someday I'll feel physically stable/confident enough to wear high heels again... we'll see.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #248  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Jasmine31

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Recently married w/ 5 kids (from my previous marriage)

Hobbies and Interests: blogging, boards, exercise, healthy living, spending time w. hubby and kids,

Favorite Music: Heavy Metal, Rock, Hip Hop

Favorite Color(s): pink and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I mainly walk right now, between 50 - 100 minutes a day, I would like to start some strength training or aerobics or something soon too!

April 2006 (24th ~ 31st) 220 minutes total

May 2006 760 minutes total

June 2006 1060 minutes total

July 2006 1730 minutes total

August 2006 1185 minutes total

September 2006 1695 total!!!

What are your fitness/health goals? My primary goal is to be healthy and to teach my kids and hubby good eating habits. I have no current health problems other than my BP is a little more than it should be. I want to look better, feel better, have more energy.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Finding a man that made me feel beautiful. I wanted to see what he sees. I want what I see in the mirror to reflect what I see in his eyes. I do not want to get sick and die young like my parents did. (see intro spill below)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Probably watching my portions and telling myself that I can't have too many bad days. I have recently been working in earnest on this hurdle and am doing very well now that I am counting calories. It makes me more accountable and I see on paper that it makes a difference as well as on the scale.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I would like to start aerobic and/ or strength training. I would like to get rid of the extra weight around my belly.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My best friend. She went and did the surgery last year and went down from 300 to currently 150. There is no way in heck I would trade her shoes though. Undergoing surgery is very dramatic and she is still having lots of trouble because of it. I am very proud of her but I know I need to get down to that weight too.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A blue jean miniskirt with a bit of a ruffle on the bottom.

Well I found this place last nite and joined today. I am 31, married with kids. I hit an all time high last year in June of around 280. (I had gained 30 pounds rapidly in a year going thru a divorce and two parents dying on me 4 months apart.)After watching my mom die the previous December(2004) at a young age of 52 from serious health complications(cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, diabetes, kidney failure, etc) and my dad die that April (2005), a diabetic and pass on from a heart attack during a surgery to amputate a foot. I woke up! I realized a big part of their health problems were from living an unhealthy gluttonous lifestyle. I told myself I had to change things, NOW!
I have been researching extensively online and finding out just how bad being overweight is. No more for me! It is not just a cosmetuc issue. It is a matter of life and death! Anyhow I started walking and changing some eating habits. I got down to 250 by last x~mas. Jan ~ April I wound up dealing with the death of yet someone else very close to me and my walking was seriously put on hold. I lost some muscle, but maintained at 250. The end of April I kicked myself in the butt and got back up again, working toward my goal. I gained my muscle back again and some muscle weight.
Anyhow I am currently 230 and moving toward getting down to 150. I know I could of lost alot more than what I have in the amount of time (it has been a little over a year, end of June, 2005)but I am doing this my way. I eat out once a week. I have red meat twice a week. I have potatos once a week. Until this last month I am excellent on doing exercise(50 - 100 minutes a day, except for my 4 month respite at the beginning of the year) but I was still struggling with food portions. I have now limited myself to 1500-1600 on most days and that really seems to be helping.
My long term goal is 150 by May 28, 2007, my short term goal is 200 by X~MAs. I know I can do it! I look forward to meeting you all!!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #249  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Irishowl I just noticed we both live in Ca and have similiar weights. We can do this!!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #250  
Sunshine Southern Belle

S/C/G: 156/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Screen Name: DanceFloorDiva

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: I'm engaged and I live with my fiance` and our Chihuahua, Izzie.

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, Acting, Dancing, Shopping, Watching Grey's Anatomy

Favorite Music: Some of my favorite artists are: Carrie Underwood, John Mayer, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Maroon 5, Lisa Loeb, Rob Thomas, Jessica Simpson, Keith Urban, Royksopp, Little Big Town, and The Fray

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like spinning and just going for a nice, long walk outdoors

What are your fitness/health goals? I'm looking to lose almost 30 pounds. I want my body to be more toned and I want to look good in a swimsuit.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was unhappy with my weight gain ever since it happened. I would look at the clothes I didn't fit into anymore and just cry. Finally, I had to do something about it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting myself to not over-eat and to get out and do some exercise, even when I'm feeling lazy.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Over-eating, exercising, and staying positive

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousin

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I can't wait to be able to put on my old jeans and have look perfect on me. I also can't wait to wear tank tops and not worry about whether or not my arms look too chunky.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #251  

Arrow Hey!!

Screen Name:
Mych

Age/Age Range:
ooh... Gaining on 40 very quickly...

Family Life:
Married (although uncertain about the future of it), 5 kids.

Right now, a waitress, but I really want to go back to school to go to nursing school.

Hobbies and Interests:
I like crossword puzzles, talking to my teenagers on the computer, movies...

Favorite Music:
Christian alternative rock.

Favorite Color(s):
Yellow!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Pilates, and working out at the gym.

What are your fitness/health goals?
To lose weight, get toned, and be allover healthy! I want to be able to give up eating meat and dairy too.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I see what I look like in the mirror and photographs... Plus, I can feel how unhealthy I am. Such a big difference from 7 years ago when I was in excellent shape. How could I let this happen?

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Willpower. I used to have such awesome willpower.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. My food choices.
2. Actually getting to the gym.
3. Getting off my lazy bootie and doing my Pilates DVD.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
I don't know...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
"Wow, you look amazing!"
Old 10-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #252  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Default Ally

Screen Name:
Allycatisfat

Age/Age Range:
Late 20's

Family Life:
Come December, I will be married. We have one cat and one fish.

I work in property management.

Hobbies and Interests:
I love medieval and ancient cultural studies, ecclectic music, & role-playing video games such as Final Fantasy. I also enjoy Japanese animation, photo shop, and curling up on the couch with my dear darling and watching CSI.

Favorite Music:
New age? Enchanting voices that mix with cultural back grounds such as Loreena McKennitt and Azam Ali. But, I like all music from country western to Metallica.

Favorite Color(s):
Red, white, black, rich greens and blues.

Belly dancing.

What are your fitness/health goals?
To lose weight, of course. I'm pretty heavy and just feeling awful about it. I have been struggling with binge addictions for a long time and have continually gone back and forth from Atkins/ketogenic eating with mild success. I tend to give up on it because of the expense. Atkins plan and whole/fresh is pricey.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Well, I've been dabbling in weight loss for like a year. You know, trying to get motivated and such but unable to really face the truth and give into my binging habits and my love for McDonalds. Then I went to the Doctor a month ago and my blood pressure had steadily increased to 149 over 90-ish. Scary! And I'm only 27. My mother died young and I don't want to share the same fate.

Laziness. I get frustrated with counting everything and even with these message boards sometimes. I hate having to cook all the damn time, but hey..it's the only way to get healthy food.

I really should excersise more than I do. I also need to learn how to become stronger than my carb/no-no food addictions.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Err...myself? A slimmer healthier me would so look better than the me now. How is that evil?

"I'm so inspired by your success that I think I can do it to!"

And on that note: I can't WAIT to get into my jeans that I used to wear!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #253  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Screen Name: LookingForHope16 ( Erika Leigh)

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: 'Engaged' to Amanda

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, and Computers

Favorite Music: Anything!

Favorite Color(s): Pink and Blue!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking and WATP

What are your fitness/health goals? I wanna be 253 by December 25th. But over all I wannabe200 ( FitDay name!)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I wouldn't allow myself to get to 300 pounds! ( Decided to change my life at 293!)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Working out more!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating better, eating more often, and Working out more!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I guess myself now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My Dream Wedding Dress!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: OnePerDecade

Age/Age Range: 42 for 2 more days

Family Life:
Happily married (only took me til my 3rd spouse to get it right!),mom of a Marine, a tween & an autistic toddler

SAHM - formerly a coffee barista,Senior Corporate Trainer, sales exec, retail manager, graduate assistant, high school Theatre & journalism teacher, off-Broadway stage manager, on-air radio personality, cable TV host, Nutri/Systems sales, publicity director, Burger King counter chick, babysitter...I've done everything except rodeo clown & NASCAR pit crew

Hobbies and Interests: Autism education & research, gifted education, reality TV, current events, sports, working out/dieting, music, reading, the internet, American Idol (I am the admin of an AI message board too)

Favorite Music: Classic rock, acoustic, country...pretty much anything but rap, teeny bopper stuff or contemporary Christian

Favorite Color(s): green, purple, maroon

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Favorite workout is an hour on the elliptical w/my iPod - I also love doing stretches/squats/plies/lunges in the pool with my daughters & WATP with the Mute button on. I walk about 6x a week, anywhere from 15-45 minutes at a good rate & I chase my toddler who is frighteningly fast. We live in downtown St Paul, where all of the buildings are connected by a skyway system -- so even in the worst winter weather, I can walk indoors without a jacket on.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a healthy weight, to lower my risks of health issues, to run or do jumping jacks & not have stuff bouncing around!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? 1. A picture my daughter took of me that caught me unaware (it is posted in the mini-goals album) 2. My youngest daughter's autism - I recognized the signs about 8 months ago & realized that I need to be healthy and alive for her as long as I can be

Boredom, complacency, beer

1. I need to get back to my exercise routine of 5x a week aerobic & 3x/week toning/weight training. With Fiona's therapy schedule, that has trailed off in the past month 2. I need to add variety to my exercise regiment 3. I need to find more exercise I can do here at home with the baby so I have no excuses when I can't make it to the gym (which, like the pool, is located in my own apartment building...how pathetic is that?)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister & Angelina Jolie *tee hee*

I have a sundress that my mother bought for me when I was 18. It's a size 11 but not a vanity 11 -- it's a 1981 size 11. That dress is still hanging in my closet after all these years & a hundred address changes to inspire me & remind me of her.

Last edited by OnePerDecade; 11-05-2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: forgot stuff
Old 11-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #255  
IR:0, Valarie:1

Default Getting to know ME!

Screen Name: Valarie250

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Married for 2.5 years, 2 dogs

Hobbies and Interests: Judo, working out, scrapbooking, home improvement

Favorite Music: Everything other than Rap & Country

Favorite Color(s): Black/Red

Eliptical, free weights

What are your fitness/health goals? Lower body fat, more muscle

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I woke up one day and realized that none of my clothes fit! I got up to a 24, and am down to a baggy 22... stilla ways to go!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have a hard time eating healthily when my husband and our roommate bring junk into the house... my will is weak!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat less processed food, workout harder, and get more water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than I can even imagine I don't really have a person I'm "gunning for..." I would like to look like Angella Bassett though- she's my role model.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I can't wait to wear a form-fitting pencil skirt, and tighter athletic clothes at the gym.
Closed Thread