3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

jasmine721 07-03-2008 11:10 AM

New here - not sure how many calories a day to start out with...

Screen name: Jasmine721

Age/Age Range:55

Family Life:married 16 years (this time around)

Hobbies and Interests: quilting, crocheting, cross stitch, needle punch, reading

Favorite Music: light rock

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking/toning

What are your fitness/health goals? decrease pain on joints, lower BP

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? trying to find clothes that fit and looked good

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? to not stress eat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to be more consistent, push myself a little more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? no one

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? clothes that I don't have to hem because I didn't have to buy such a larger size!

slowmo runner 07-03-2008 12:29 PM

Screen Name: slowmo runner (though you can call me slowmo or SR for short)

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: I have lived with my boyfriend for the past 12 years. We have three cats. Two sisters who live in the same city, amazing parents who live four hour drive away. Two cute nieces and one brand new nephew.

Hobbies and Interests: Playing the banjo, running, traveling, goiing to plays, reading, going to concerts

Favorite Music: folk, but I listen to all kinds of music

Favorite Color(s): green and brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running

What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight and fun faster

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just slowly getting heavier over the years, but the trigger was the realization that I will only become a faster runner if I can take off some of this weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am great at the exercise part and not at all great at the food part. That is why I am going to start counting calories.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) get on a more consistent schedule for eating despite my crazy work 2) push myself harder with the running...it is too easy for me to coast for miles slowly and I need to learn to leave everything that I have behind on the course instead of reserving my energy 3) cut the fried and the sweet stuff down to a reasonable level

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Every stick figure person who ever passed me in a race.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? regular running type shorts (I cannot wear them now or my thighs rub something fierce, so I wear longer compression type things which are a: fugly and b: almost never have pockets)

Rain Dancer 07-05-2008 01:41 PM

Screen Name:

Rain Dancer.

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:

Married 19 years. One son, 19. :hug:

Mad housewife. :D

Hobbies and Interests:

Reading, knitting, crocheting, decorating, playing on my 'puter. :comp:

Favorite Music:

Rock, some pop, 80's, ABBA, classical.

Favorite Color(s):

Blue, red, pink.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

Walking. In home walking.

What are your fitness/health goals?

To reach a healthy normal weight for my height, build and lifestyle. I don't need to be a size 2. But an 8 might be nice... :carrot:

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Lots of things. Bursting out of a size 5X... Not being able to get out of the car without help, being too fatigued to even take care of my home and family, the knowledge that I was killing myself.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

The urge to binge. I am an emotional eater and have used food as a drug and anesthesia for decades. It is a real biotch getting my mindset to change. My inner dialog is horrid. I am terrible to myself. And it causes me pain and makes me want to binge and numb out and make it stop.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?

***snort*** What don't I need to improve? :lol: I am beginning to get a handle on things. But I have a lot of work to do. I did just get through a major holiday and stayed on track. A huge accomplishment, for me.

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) :

Every little chippy who ever looked at me in the supermarket, ran into another isle and burst into hysterical laughter. :club:

Hey, :censored:, I'm fat... Not unable to hear.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?

A great pair of jeans, a silk cami and high, high heels. :angel:

MalibuBeachBound 07-07-2008 08:02 PM

Hello everyone. Glad to be part of this forum

Screen Name: MalibuBeachBound

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Married - June 4, 2005 to my wonderful husband

Occupation: Dental student - Graduating in 2011 (Future Dentist)

Hobbies and Interests: Running, rollerblading, tennis, painting, guitar, keyboard, relic hunting

Favorite Music: Country, pop/rock

Favorite Color(s): Lime green and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: RUNNING!!! 3-4 miles

What are your fitness/health goals? Reduce thigh size, lose 30 lbs. I'm fairly content with everything above my hips and below mid thigh.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have always wanted this. Struggle since I was 12

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I gain much easier than I lose

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, cut down on wine

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? As good as Jennifer Aniston... I think she has the PERFECT build

Size 6 bikini (currently size 10 tankini with shorts :p )

sm177 07-08-2008 12:34 AM

Screen Name: sm177

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Single, live with my dad

Hobbies and Interests: science, tv, movies, running, biking

Favorite Music: metal, indie, pop,

Favorite Color(s): grey, brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running or biking

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 10-15 pounds, lose my belly fat. Run a half marathon

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had a bad break which caused me to lose weight and loved the way I looked, after gaining it back I decided I wanted to be smaller again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I deprive myself then binge, I have no self control.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Scarlett Johansson

size 4 mini skirt without my gut hanging over

ashley916 07-08-2008 01:25 AM

Screen Name: ashley916

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: single, live with my dad and his girlfriend on school breaks, otherwise live in dorm at college

Hobbies and Interests: concerts

Favorite Music: All Time Low

Favorite Color(s): blue & green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: turbo jam

What are your fitness/health goals? get back to my pre-college weight and lose these love handles

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? going to the doctor and realizing just how much i had gained

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating healthily since i don't really like a lot of fruits or vegetables

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating better, becoming more coordinated with the moves, not binging

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : haha i dont even know...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old jeans! i will have so many more items of clothing to wear!

JodyJane 07-09-2008 10:25 AM

Screen Name:JodyJane

Age/Age Range:42

Family Life:married with 2 DSs

Hobbies and Interests:Scrapbooking, reading Dean Koontz & Janet Evanovich, anything crafty

Favorite Music:COUNTRY all the way

Favorite Color(s):Blue & Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, swimming, using my Glider

What are your fitness/health goals?Get off meds for Diabetes

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Being told I need to go on Insulin

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Life in general and stress

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating, exercising & taking time for myself to plan

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My niece! LOL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?anything in a size 12

MarleysMama 07-11-2008 12:21 PM

Screen Name: MarleysMama

Age/Age Range:22

Family Life:Married and have two beautiful children

Hobbies and Interests: Playing with my children, swimming, training my dog, scrapbooking, etc

Favorite Music: top 40, and classic rock

Favorite Color(s): definately a 3 way tie between orange, yellow and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love swimming and my elliptical, and Slim in 6, although it is rough. lol

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to be within a healthy BMI, know how to eat correctly, so that my children never struggle with thier weight like I have...and stay this way for the rest of my life

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I've been trying for a long time and I want to try the old fashioned way since every other way doesnt seem to be perminent

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? just not finding a plan that I can realistically stick to

1. I need ot get my behind moving again
2. I need to learn portion control
3. I need to stop eating when I'm bored

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
LOL!!! I really dont have anyone...I just want to look great for me and my hubby :)
a bikini! (typical answer but SO true!)

I am so excited to have joined this board and I cannot wait to jump in a make a lifestyle change, learn new info, and make some great friends along the way :)

Zima 07-11-2008 10:58 PM

Screen Name: Zima

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: I live with my husband and our kitty cat!

Hobbies and Interests: I'm obsessed with losing weight and getting fit, so that's my main interest at the moment. That includes keeping my calorie-counting and exercise journal up to date every time I do anything, going to the gym every day, going bike riding, walking, rollerblading, dancing. I love hanging out with my husband, who is my best friend, and with other friends. I love being online; especially on myspace and on AIM. I love goth clothing and makeup and goth/rock clubs.

Favorite Music: Rock bands with chick singers. Eyes Set To Kill, In This Moment, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Avril Lavigne, Leaves' Eyes, Stolen Babies...and on and on.

Favorite Color(s): Orange, Black, Red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love workout classes! They are my number 1 motivator, and I am so glad that my gym has plenty of them every day!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be 115 lbs with no flab anywhere!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My clothes no longer fitting and looking fat in everything I tried on.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Family gatherings with lots of yummy food that I have to avoid!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I actually think I am doing an amazing job so far. I am eating right, exercising every day, keeping a journal, coming to this site and others... if I fall off the wagon, I'll let you all know hehe.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone! I don't know, I think that skinny chicks are so cute and pretty. I want to be cute and pretty :(

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I can't wait till I can wear thigh-high fishnets properly without worrying about my legs looking like fat sausages.

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 10:41 AM

Screen Name: WantsSkinnyJeansBack

Age/Age Range: 32 !

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend Brian, my two girlfriends and my dog Buster and two cats Lily and Iris! Busy house!

Occupation: I am a freelance photographer and a server at a restaurant

Hobbies and Interests: photography, gardening, shopping, reading, writing, socializing

Favorite Music: Oh, I love it all!

Favorite Color(s): Blue and Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like the elliptical machine and lower body exercises.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want a strong heart and body. A flat belly is the ultimate goal.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Being self conscious. Its affecting my confidence seeking new jobs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The scale! Drinking beer is a downfall of mine, too.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Late night snacking, carb intake and making it to the gym everyday

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My roommate, Lauren! Gosh that's awful!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny Jeans and form fitting top

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:13 PM

You Go, Holly!
I love your spirit and drive!

Tracie

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTna (Post 803478)
Screen Name:
KTna
Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
Married, no kids yet.
Marketing
Hobbies and Interests:
Music, cars, real estate, art...
Favorite Music:
depends on the day, alternative-rap-classical...everything!
Favorite Color(s):
they all work for me
Yourself!Fitness, Dance Dance Revolution, walking
I would like to get to 150, and see where I will go from there
Lost when I got married (but not enough) gained after that, lost for a cruise, maintained after that, now losing for my friends wedding that I am in (in June) and after that I am continuing losing for my birthday
body image, I can't see the loss, and I feel that I haven't come as far as I have, I struggle with accepting the loose skin
I need to exercise more in general. I try to get up in the morning, but it's so hard!
Myself, but I would like to look like one of the female wrestlers on WWE
Bridesmaid dress in June, and look great in it!

WOW KTna! Your weight loss is very inspiring!

Any tips?
Looks like we've got about the same amount of weight to lose now!

Tracie :)

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphil (Post 794007)
*Screen Name: Aphil

*Age/Age Range: almost 30! :lol:

*Family Life:
Married with two children-Raiden is 3, Jasmine is 6

Middle Eastern dancer with Troupe Taleeba, professional seamstress and costume maker specializing in belly dance costumes and movie costume replicas, vendor for belly dance merchandise, member of the costume staff at TheForce.net

*Hobbies and Interests:
Art, dance (all kinds), music and instruments, costumes and costume design, sci-fi and fantasy movies and books, foreign culture, wine and mead, Renaissance faires, exercising, Natural health and eating practices, funky clothing, any craft-crocheting, floral design, beading, painting-you name it I do it. :lol:

*Favorite Music:
Middle Eastern, Prince, Ani Difranco, Adult alternative-folksy stuff, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, classical, Gothic-Type O Negative or Manson type stuff, Electronic Techno-Raver stuff, Bluegrass (yeah-imagine that! :lol: ) Afikan Jenbe, Native American and Middle Eastern drumming...really anything that makes unique use of instruments and musical talents. (So I actually pretty much hate pop music like Britney Spears and Hillary Duff.)

*Favorite Color(s): green, black, and any shade of brown. I like orange as well.

*Favorite Exercise/Workouts: strength training, belly dancing, walking, and yoga.

*What are your fitness/health goals?
To become stronger, more flexible, and more more aerobically fit. I would ultimately like to maintain a weight of around 140-but I am in no hurry. I concentrate the most on athletic fitness. I also concentrate on eating as much of a natural diet as possible.

*What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

After I had my first child I weighed 200 pounds. The trigger to get fit was when I saw photos of me with her during a baby pageant. It tore me up to see how fat I was. I made it to goal and maintenance, and soon became pregnant again.
I hadn't even recuperated from his birth totally yet when he became very ill with pneumonia and aspirated lungs at a few weeks of age. He was in intensive care for a while and I was doing breathing treatments and such every couple hours for a while after his hospital release. Once that was all over with-I realized how worn out and fat I was. I was 211 pounds and tired and just worn out. I couldn't wear anything but housewife sweatpants. I knew I had to start taking care of myself, if I was going to take care of my children.

*What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Binge eating/snacking

*What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
*Stop occasional binge eating/snacking
*To drink more water
*To try to push my dance experience and ability to a higher level

*(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) :
Every female on my husband's side of the family. :rofl:

*What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Shorts! (legs are my problem area)

Aphil,

I love Ani, too. To the point where I wrote paper about her lyrics in a psych class in class. She's wonderful.

I have a problem with the occasional binge eating as well.... tough stuff!! Do you have any suggestions?

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Very impressive!

Tracie

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantsSkinnyJeansBack (Post 2269273)
Aphil,

I love Ani, too. To the point where I wrote paper about her lyrics in a psych class in class. She's wonderful.

I have a problem with the occasional binge eating as well.... tough stuff!! Do you have any suggestions?

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Very impressive!

Tracie

oh goodness. sorry about all the typo's... need to slow down... this site has gotten me so excited.
(psych class in COLLEGE)

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VermontMom (Post 794614)
Screen Name: VermontMom, real name Holly

Age/Age Range: oh, over 40 (44) :D

Family Life: Married, to same guy, for 25 years. Two sons, 22 and 14. One huge furry Alaskan shepherd

Hobbies and Interests: MOTORCYCLES, working out, mostly baking but some cooking, reading, gardening, motorcycles

Favorite Music: I am hopelessly stuck in the music of late '70's and 80's, lol, but I also like the girl groups of the '50's, early Elvis.

Favorite Color(s): Black studded leather (sorry! :D) Black and dark deep colors, greens/burgundies.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything by Gilad. I like weight training, I love muscles, I think a muscled woman is so sexy, strong.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be a compact size 6, around 140, with definite muscle tone. I want people to be able to tell I work out. I would like enough bodyfat eliminated so I can actually see what non-fat legs and ankles look like. I do not want to see any rippling on the back of my thighs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Nothing in particular; just felt time marching on and I was unhappy, tired all the time, sick of myself, jealous of nice-looking women.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Keeping my eating under control. I got to a comfortable size 6, weight 142, but have allowed some pounds to come back, due to lax attention to portion control and being accountable.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? again, going back to realizing I FOREVER have to be vigilant; staying AWAY from white sugar/flour/cakey sweets; drinking my 64 ounces of water daily.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Anyone significantly younger than me :D

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Is this limited to only one??? Leather chaps, with just sexy panties...at a motorcycle rally :rofl: and a short denim skirt with heels.

thanks, aphil!

You Go, Holly!!

Your spirit is contagious!

Congrats on your weight loss. I hope your having a blast with the new bod!

Tracie

tater tash 07-17-2008 01:16 AM

Screen Name: dont have one, myspace.com/hernameistasha

Family Life: Boyfriend, Chihuahua, the craziest cat you'll ever meet.

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, baking, nutrition.

Favorite Music: The Beatles

Favorite Color(s): yellow!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging, running

What are your fitness/health goals? Have excellent endurance and just being healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at myself in a 3 way mirror after gaining weight while living in Europe for 3 months.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Previously, staying motivated.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?1.Find new fun/fresh foods to include in my meals.
2. Run farther
3. Think of something other than my diet!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself a year ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Nothing!:o

Timeforme 07-17-2008 09:56 AM

Hello!

Screen Name: Timeforme

Age/Age Range:Late 30s

Family Life:Married 16 years with a 6 and 7 year old.

Hobbies and Interests:PTA, planning family activities....guess I need to focus a little more on me again now that my kids will both be in school all day....hmmm, maybe a part-time time job?

Favorite Music:Nora Jones

Favorite Color(s):Earth tones...green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae-bo, walking, hiking

What are your fitness/health goals? Eat better and lose a lot of weight!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not being able to recognize myself in the mirror and the look of shock on people's faces who had not seen me since I gained so much weight. Also, planning a trip to Disney and the fear of not being able to go on rides because of my weight! Managed to lose 52 pounds before the trip, so now I need to find other motivators! I started to gain back weight as soon as the trip was over. Trying to stop myself before I gain it all back.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop emotional eating. Eat more veggies! Get more exercise!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh, so many to choose from, but I guess I would pick the moms who snub me at my kids school because I don't fit their mold!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Everything! I can't wait to shop for clothes that actually look good and don't just "fit"! I am especially looking forward to being able to go to the pool with my kids in a swimsuit and not be embarrassed.

AnaisK 07-18-2008 01:06 PM

this is me...

Screen Name: AnaisK

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: married 4 years...no children

Hobbies and Interests: yoga, nutrition, reading, movies, fashion, decorating, hanging out at the beach, writing

Favorite Music: changes all the time...right now I'm listening to a lot of female artists...Brandi Carlile, Lucinda Williams, Aimee Mann...

Favorite Color(s):aqua and all blues...

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? to become fit, flexible, and firm! Start weight training!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? seeing pictures of myself...and going from a size 2 to a size 10!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? my job. The constantly changing time zones, jet lag, having to eat out frequently... I'm often too tired to work out, plus food comforts me when i'm tired.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? workout consistency, water consistency, eating regular meals...while i'm sitting down!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? honestly...there isn't anyone that comes to mind. But I want to look AS GOOD AS...Reghan, Molly, and Julie.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

Birl 07-20-2008 11:05 PM

Screen Name:Birl

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: married 2 grown sons

Hobbies and Interests: travel, shopping, fashion

Favorite Music: a little of everything

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking

What are your fitness/health goals? to have a 32 inch waist

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? saw a picture of me

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sweets, carbs

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? cut sweets and breads incorporate strengh training

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the younger girls

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? halter dress

ShrinkingShrink 07-21-2008 06:01 PM

New "chick"

Hi there - I'm new and in desperate need of a support group! In the interest of time I didn't complete the entire questionnaire. I am excited to get to know all of you!

Screen Name: ShrinkingShrink

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married, no kids (trying)

Hobbies and Interests: hmmm. maybe if i had more of these I'd be eating less :)

Favorite Music: 80s alternative

Favorite Color(s): purple, pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: step, dancing

1) to lose 25 lbs & fit into size 8 clothes, and 2) to complete a 5k

It's a decision I've made MANY times. This time, it's that my clothes don't fit.

Social times - eating and drinking with friends often leads to eating and drinking too much!

I can't wait to feel good in a two-piece swimsuit again. I'd love to feel comfortable at the gym in a bra-top!

sprklemajik 07-23-2008 12:47 PM

Screen Name: Sprklemajik

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: married 1 year/no children

Hobbies and Interests: gardening, reading, riding on motorcycle (husband drives/I want to learn)

Favorite Music: rock

Favorite Color(s):green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:stationary bike, jogging, yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? to come into a healthy weight/size

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? clothes not fitting and being sick of being a plus size, not being able to find clothes at "regular" stores

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? changing a lifelong habit, have been overweight whole life

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? being consistent and staying on plan, staying away from overindulgent sweets, learning correct portions

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? dunno,

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts (and feel comfortable in them)

ReadytoRun 07-27-2008 04:25 PM

Hi!

Hi everyone, I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I don't officially start counting calories until tomorrow (last day of freedom!) but here goes:

Screen Name: ReadytoRun

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Single

Favorite Color(s): Orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical, weight training, and running

What are your fitness/health goals? To drop 45 pounds! And finally be able to run far again!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw some recent photographs of myself and was appalled.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Saying no to food and portion control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, mindful eating, and drinking water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: My ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute tops for going out and a bikini again!

kanne 07-27-2008 11:41 PM

Screen Name: I'm Kelsey :)

Age/Age Range: Just turned 24 this month

Family Life: I'm single and living with friends

Occupation: A student, but only for a few more months, then it's on to the "Real" world!! Yikes! I'd like to be healthy for that!

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a huge book nerd, love movies, anything outside, swimming, camping, golfing, reading a book outside is always the best

Favorite Music:Anything country, but i'm getting into artists like Damian Rice, Iron & Wine, Joshua Randin

Favorite Color(s):Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to run and play sports with my friends, i seem to be the only out of shape one so i'm always holding cell phones and sunglasses, I want to be the one playing! Also I'd like to start eating healthy, cut out most of the processed food in my diet.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Gosh darn pictures, I used to think I looked good in pictures and was ok with my weight but anymore I can't take one with out the double chin and the giant arms and big gut, I am not a happy camper.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Moving! getting up and doing something, If i have free time I like to catch up on my reading, nap, i'm not an active person and I think that makes a huge difference.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Actually exercising, not eating out so much, and trying to eat healthier.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? haha as long as I am no longer the fat friend, I'll be happy...but there is this girl that weighs just slightly less than I do that I would like to look better then, she's got the confidence that I crave and I think with a little work I can have it because I will look hotter :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Heels!! I think a huge part of me not being able to wear them is that I'm so clumsy at this weight and my legs are weak and my feet are too swollen half the time.

stacysreadytolose 07-30-2008 02:50 AM

Screen Name: stacysreadytolose

Age/Age Range: almost 27 - 3 weeks

Family Life: Single mom of 3 year old girl

Hobbies and Interests: reading, music, getting into yoga

Favorite Music: classic rock but I like everything

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga, getting ready to start Turbo Jam

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get healthy, I want to lose 150 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't feel comfortable in my clothes, I am embarrassed all the time of what/who I am, and I can't play with my daughter without getting winded.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated. I have a weakness with soda, and portion control.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion control, motivation, and just about everything

Who do you want to look better than? : A girl I knew from high school.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? nothing but a smile. lol

Redheaded I am 07-30-2008 05:38 PM

Screen Name:
Redheaded I am

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Divorced, a 10-year-old son, and engaged to an Army man

Adult Education within the Criminal Justice System

Hobbies and Interests:
Hanging out with my son, reading, nature, arts & crafts, quiet time with myself. Oh, and I'm a Harry Potter maniac and a Star Trek: Next Generation nut.

Favorite Music:
I will forever be a child of the 80's!!! Add to that Carlos Nakai, Will Clipman, the Killdares, and some 70's music (Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Stevie Nicks, etc.) Also some of what falls under the heading "Adult Contemporary".

Favorite Color(s):
Fuschia and bright blue

Walking in nature. Everything else is a chore...for right now.

I want to be able to climb/hike to Airport Mesa in Sedona without any help, and without having a heart attack. Once I'm there I'll watch the sun set. In general, I want to be able to freely hike in nature. Also, I want my feet to stop hurting.

I actually lost 94 pounds on Atkins a few years ago. It would take too long to talk about why they went back on. I've been moving this direction for a while (gave up soda...been eating whole foods for a lot of my food). Now I've decided to go all the way and lose the weight for once and for all.

Eating too much. I'm an emotional eater, but beyond that I'm a budding foodie who genuinely likes to eat and experience food.

1) I feel hunger a lot. I want to eat a lot.
2) I need to exercise more. A lot more. It's really hot and sticky right now, so that's my dumb excuse.
3) Did I mention I feel hungry?

Honestly, my worst battles are with myself. I want to look better than I do right now.

I want to easily find cute capris with all the pockets, tabs, etc. I also want to be able to shoe shop based on what I like, not based on what will fit my chunky foot.

Kayhm0711 07-31-2008 12:45 AM

Hey New here

Screen Name: Kayhm0711

Family Life: Engaged but not getting married for awhile I am in school at this time. I also have a 1 year old daughter her name is Emma.

Occupation: Bill Collector at this time. Going to school to be a Elementary School Teacher.

Hobbies and Interests: Volleyball, Softball, Working Out, Scrap Booking, Taking pictures.

Favorite Music: Anything I listen to all types

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose atleast 100lbs or more and maintain that weight once I get there.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I didn't feel comfortable in my clothes and when I went to an amusement park and fell like I could barely fit on a rollercoaster.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying away from Pizza, and sometimes binging.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Staying more commited to exercise and staying away from junk foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister in law because she thinks she is the hottest thing out there lol. Makes me sick!

__________________ Everything all clothing. I would still never wear a bikini because I had a 9 lb 11 oz baby and my belly is never going to be the same without surgery.
:carrot:

Melly30 08-05-2008 11:13 PM

Screen Name: Melly30

Age/Age Range: almost 31 on the 19th of August

Family Life: Married with kids! lol Married 14 1/2 yrs. 2 kids ages 13 & 8.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, crocheting, yoga, visiting plantations . I love history!

Favorite Music: Love all kinds of music but nothing involving teen pop.

Favorite Color(s): pink , black, orange, and browns of any shade.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Right now I just walk in the afternoon and just started yoga on Mondays.

What are your fitness/health goals? Eat better, live better, exercise more.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I quit smoking at the end of June this summer, and started putting on more weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Overeating when I feel a ciggarette craving or just when I'm bored. Nite time over eating is the worst for me.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? stop eating empty calories, eat the right foods, stop over eating the wrong foods

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :Kayla.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? fitted shirts and skinny jeans and corsets!

sarkeo 08-07-2008 09:22 PM

Screen Name: Sarkeo

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single and looking.

Hobbies and Interests: Too many to mention.

Favorite Music: Pop music, classic rock, classical

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Toned and fit

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got up and said that I am tired of being fat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising and eating right on the weekends.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more fruits and vegetables, exercising and...

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? skinnier jeans, shorts and swimming suit

egypt girl 08-12-2008 11:25 AM

Screen Name: egypt girl

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Married, 5 kids

Hobbies and Interests: reeding

Favorite Music: non

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts turbo jam

osu2k1 08-13-2008 09:18 PM

Screen Name: OSU2k1
Family Life:Hubby (30), Chandler (3) & new baby Lincoln (6 wks)
Occupation:WAHM- I work for my mom's company, in the Nautral Food Industry.
Hobbies and Interests: Knitting, Crochet, Singing, Movies, TV, playing with the bambinos, surfing the net.
Favorite Music: Aerosmith, U2, Barenaked Ladies, Kutless, Casting Crowns
Favorite Color(s): Blue & Orange
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking and lifting right now.
What are your fitness/health goals? My ultimate goal is to be at the high end of the "healthy" body fat % range. But 150 is a nice number for me, over 1/2 my weight would be gone! But short term, 250.
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had baby #2, and we are done. Plus my dad, who was my best friend, dropped dead of an apparent heart attack at 58 (2 yrs ago). He was a 6x, had high BP, and was very sedentary. So I don't want to be like him in that way, other ways, not a problem. He was awesome.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Weight is huge for me. I have accepted it a while ago that I was "meant" to be fat. But now I know I don't have to be!! I can change it. It will be tough as **** but it's worth seeing my future great grand babies! ;)
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Watching portions, getting/staying motivated, late night snacking!
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All my friends! ;) I want to be the hottie that DH deserves to be married to! He loves me no matter what, and I am already smaller than when we began dating, but I want to be a MILF!! :D
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A single digit size! I would love a bikini, but I am afraid I won't have the guts! I would love to shop anywhere, so that's a huge thing!

CaffeineIV 08-14-2008 01:43 AM

Screen Name: CaffeineIV

Age/Age Range: 30's but only admit to 28 :)

Family Life: Married 11 years now, 2 boys 7 and 4.5 years old

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, horseback riding, art, and because I have boys...trains are forced upon me.

Favorite Music: I have a wide variety of favourites. Love classical as I did ballet for 10.5 years, love some of the 80's music, oh all sorts of things.

Favorite Color(s): depends on what we are talking about. Favourite colour in shirts, paint, or what...don't really have one specific favourite.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none right now, can't really exercise as the pool at the Y is closed and I can't get a membership till Sept (10th anniversary so they should have sales galore). I can't walk or do much else because of a car crash a year ago and back pain still.

What are your fitness/health goals? Well, I'd like to be able to keep up with the boys no matter what they are doing.

I didn't really have one. I decided to go on a diet with my best friend who is morbidly obese and though I'm considered obese...I don't look it with clothes on. :) I want to lose some weight though, I'm going to England for 10 days to meet a bunch of people I only know online.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Chocolate, it knows my name and it has a very loud demanding voice. Oh, that and the inability to exercise. I love to exercise, I really do...I used to run 5 miles a day years ago but then I developed epilepsy, had 2 kids, got rear-ended by a guy speeding and not looking where he was going. You know how it goes.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Umm...I need to continue to diet, I need to start to exercise, and I need to keep exercising. How's that. :D

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I'd like to be able to stand next to my sister and not feel like I might be nearing 2 of her. She is the sort who came over to my house when I was 7 months pregnant with hypertension (swelling so bad that you could poke me and there would be a dent for hours) and for some reason felt she had to bring clothes to try on AT MY HOUSE. Then, she came out and complained that a size 4 seemed a bit big. Ugh.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'd like to wear a skirt that isn't down to my feet...or anything that shows my knees. Really, I'd mostly just like to be able to go into a store, see something I think is cute and have a chance of actually being able to wear it without getting depressed with how horrible I look.

Shawski 08-19-2008 12:11 PM

Hello.

Screen Name: Shawski

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married, no kids

Hobbies and Interests: Art, reading, Football, Swimming, LAX

Favorite Music: Little bit of everything

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Red, Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking/ Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To loose 55lbs and KEEP it off. Also - to get my metabolism moving. I went on diet pills pretty hard in college, and my metabolism ceased to do a whole lot after that.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I need to wear a wetsuit in Florida in January to go swimming with the dolphins on my belated Honeymoon.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? People at work eating like poop and dragging me down with them! Also stress - stress makes me munch a lot - and I'm working 2 jobs and starting my second Masters in a few weeks so... stress is my friend.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop munching, get up in the morning earlier to exercise before work, stop letting my husband talk me into "going off" the diet for a day or two - which always turns into like a week.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My high school self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The plethora of short plaid skirts I love and adore from high school/ college.

mrs dorson 08-22-2008 12:49 AM

it is me...ernest t!

Screen Name: mrs dorson

Age/Age Range: 46

Family Life: married, no kids, DH incarcerated

Hobbies and Interests: reading, movies, crafts, shopping, learning

Favorite Music: any and all

Favorite Color(s): PINK!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical and stepper, balance ball

What are your fitness/health goals? to be at a healthy weight/lower blood pressure

my DH asked why i didnt dress "nicer" and i said the first thing that came to mind....cause i am fat and nothing looks good anyway. needless to say i was shocked that i was so honest and my DH was speechless. he is NEVER at a loss for words.

patience and perservance

water intake
portion distortion
boring recipes

me at any adult weight

levis
sleeveless tops
heels (my feet/ankles swell badly now from sitting at work all day)
fitted sundress
snug sweater (with no pooch hanging out below the boobs)
nothing with a X in the size

CreatingANewMe 08-26-2008 02:19 PM

Screen Name: CreatingANewMe

Age/Age Range:45

Family Life:Married, 3 Kids

Hobbies and Interests:PSPing, Internet, Reading, GH, Games

Favorite Music:All Types

Favorite Color(s):Burgandy, Black,

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Curves, Wii Fit, Leslie Sansone

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Can't stand looking at myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional Eating

1. Learn to say No
2.Don't buy it or make it if it causes me to over eat
3.Stick to a plan

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex's wife

My bathing suit

GlamourGirl827 08-27-2008 08:16 PM

Just saying hi. Actually I want to see if I did the profile correct and what my posts look like. I'm not very computer savy! Here for support for wt loss. I've ALWAYS struggled with my weight. Right before I got pregnant I was on ANOTHER diet and then I ended up gaining like 60 lbs with this pregnancy!! I'm down to were I was before I got preggers (took a year) but now I need to loose that same weight that's been hanging in there for my whole life.

ChristinaGetsFit 08-30-2008 12:10 AM

Screen Name:ChristinaGetsFit

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:Single Mom

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Too much TV,Video games and anything computer related

Favorite Music:So many different types that I love, I don't do much bluegrass though.

Favorite Color(s):Purple, Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? I really want to be healthy and strong. I hate feeling weak and helpless. I want to be able to run again.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have known I needed to do this, but this past summer I really let myself go and almost hot the 400lbs mark. I was physically exhausted from doing the daily activities and I couldn't go on like that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Believing in myself that I am worth the time and effort it takes to make a difference in mine and my son's life.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drink more water, move more, stop eating so late at night.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Hmmm, my mom. I have actually surpassed her now in the weight area. It's very sad, but that will change.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Any type of dress that's cute and form fitting. Also, maybe some sleeveless shirts if I can get my arms too look good.

jyvonne27 08-31-2008 02:13 AM

Screen Name:jyvonne27

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life:single

Hobbies and Interests:reading, music, kids

Favorite Music:r&b

Favorite Color(s):pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:pilates

What are your fitness/health goals?lose about 70 lbs, tone and be a runner

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? starting over after a divorce

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? finding the right amount of calories for me

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating more protein, regular exercise and getting veggies in each day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :me now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

canadianwoman 08-31-2008 09:16 AM

Screen Name: canadianwoman

Age/Age Range: 46

Family Life: single, mom of 2 adult sons and grandmother to an 18 month old grandson

Occupation: SAHM and hoping to go to college this fall. I want to get my highschool diploma and then go into a Pharmacy Technician course.

Hobbies and Interests: reading, swimming, birdwatching, music, cooking

Favorite Music: Anything except country, rap and hip hop.

Favorite Color(s): red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: swimming and my Richard Simmons dvd

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my health is suffering due to my weight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? trying not to overeat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? drinking more water, exercising daily and making sure I have the proper foods in the house

myself when I was 19

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? cute little exercise outfits

Chele615 08-31-2008 01:12 PM

Screen Name: Chele615

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Single, still live at home with my parents. Sometimes I feel like I should be out on my own, but it's a big house, my parents have a better social life than I do (so it's sometimes like I have the house to myself), and I live 1/2 a mile away from work...so the commute is awesome! haha I have an older brother and younger sister and two nieces and a nephew who I love to spoil!! My nieces are 3.5 and 1 and my nephew is 17 days old!!

Hobbies and Interests: Watching figure skating, traveling, reading, shopping, working with kids, anything Canada related, movies, music

Favorite Music: Rascal Flatts, New Kids on the Block, Blue Rodeo, Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Jo Dee Messina, Fergie, Anna Nalick, Maroon 5, Clay Aiken, Billy Joel, Beatles....anything really!

Favorite Color(s): Purple and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, exercise bike, Sweating to the Oldies dvd's

What are your fitness/health goals? To make it out of the 200 weight range, to lower my chances of developing diabetes since it runs in my family

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The school where I work had a Biggest Loser challenge this past spring and I joined mainly because one of the teachers I work closely with was the one in charge. It really got me motivated through the weeks though once I started seeing a difference and could buy shirts in a smaller size. Now, I want to be able to be fully happy with myself and hopefully build up some self-confidence.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying on task and not letting myself get disappointed with progress or lack thereof.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More cardio, focus on healthy snacks, eating out

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? LOL....a friend of mine who is also going through her own weight-loss journey. Is that bad? LOL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute sleeveless dresses, and a lululemon hooded sweatshirt....that is my goal prize! haha They only go up to a size 12 (that runs small), and I have always wanted one, but obviously can't fit into it yet! haha

LakeEffectKid 09-02-2008 05:43 AM

Screen Name: LakeEffectKid (Hi, I'm Amber)

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life:
Living like a mooch with my dad.

Hobbies and Interests:
Music! reading, writing, Photoshop, dancing, painting, sculpting, and coffee. Coffee is a hobby.

Favorite Music: Almost anything except any country recorded after the 60's. Most synthetic pop is pretty irritating too. I'm a big punk, pogo, prog, industrial, and folk fan.

Favorite Color(s): Purples, blues, rich mahoganies, anything decadent.

Dancing. Oh yea.

I don't want to feel like I am 40 (an unfit 40!) while I'm in my early twenties. That has got to stop.

I wouldn't say it was a specific epiphany, but I came home to California from Louisiana and I realized that my friends weren't familiar with me being 'that sweet, chubby girl who does the paperwork'. I don't want them to get familiar with me like this.

Snacking and I have trouble accepting that liquid calories are still calories.

I need to be more mindful of what I drink.
I need to remember that sore muscles are not a punishment, but a reward.
I need to stop eating in front of the television!

Evilly? A certain hussie that enjoys distracting the boy toy.
Not Evilly? Scarlett Johansen.

Any of the 2 dozen pairs of jeans I came home to (which promptly looked at me is disbelief and said, 'Nuh-uh').