3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

Elenwen 01-19-2008 09:03 AM

Screen Name: Elenwen

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend. My dad and stepmom live in either Oklahoma or Texas at the moment (my dad is in the Montana ANG, he's stationed in Texas, but they have him going to Oklahoma to recruit people for his unit). My sister lives with our grandparents in Mississippi because she's a senior in high school and my parents didn't want her schooling messed up because they have to go back and forth. My stepbrothers live in Fresno, California. My mom and stepdad live in Montana, along with my half-sister and another one of my stepbrothers, and my OTHER stepbrother and stepsister live in California.

Hobbies and Interests: I like a whole bunch of random things, and can normally carry on a conversation about just about anything. I like to read and write. My favorite author is tied between J. M. Barrie and J. R. R. Tolkien. I'm trying to learn how to quilt, though it's rather hard with no materials ;). I love to scrapbook and cross-stitch. I also play the violin (badly, as I haven't practiced in like a year), the piano, and I sing.

Favorite Music: I listen to anything, really. My iTunes has music ranging from Renaissance chansons to System of a Down and Timbaland.

Favorite Color(s): Orange and red. :D

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love doing yoga, though it's difficult to do it on my own because I get bored watching the tape. I need to join another yoga class. I also like doing pilates. I ride my bike and I walk.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get to the size I was in high school. I hate being nineteen and feeling like I'm older. I want to be able to get out and run and play with my boyfriend's daughter without losing my breath five minutes in. I want to be able to go to the gym and not feel ashamed. Same with the doctor's, I've been putting off going to the doctor because I'm afraid to hear him actually say, "You're obese and need to lose weight."

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I hit size eighteen, when I had always said I would never go above a sixteen.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? SUGAR! I am SO addicted to sugar. And I have no self control, it's not like I can sit down and eat just one cookie, nope. If I have one cookie, then the entire cookie jar gets eaten.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. Portion sizes.
2. We need to eat more vegetables.
3. We need to eat less carbs and sugars.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister. She's beautiful. >.<

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Lingerie ;)

soozeebg 01-19-2008 09:59 PM

Screen Name: soozeebg

Age/Age Range: 41

Family Life: married 5yrs this Aug. total together is 7 this Aug. with 3 girls, 14, 11 & 5...we also have 3 cats.

Hobbies and Interests: family law, photography, dancing, karaoke, music, computer, internet & tv/movies.

Favorite Music: country #1 but I do like other stuff.

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none...lol. I do have a stepper so far.

What are your fitness/health goals?: loose 50 pounds if not 60.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? :

I have had enough of not being touched by my husband. That and finally getting a REAL GOOD look at myself in my new mirror on my new dresser....and the size 20 pants I have to wear. I am also so very tired of my husband going on about what I shouldnt eat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: just doing it....specially alone...I'm the only fat one in my family.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: how much I eat, what I eat & exercising.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my husband.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: 14 or even 12 in anything...lol. I havent been that size in many many years.

Soozee

pandora981 01-21-2008 01:36 AM

Screen Name: Pandora981

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: married with a three year old

Hobbies and Interests:movies, my daughter, anything to do with food

Favorite Music:everything but country

Favorite Color(s):chocolate

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I don't know any exercises or workouts!! HELP!!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be back to my size three to size 5 jeans. close to 30 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I am in a new job working for the most health concious family i have ever met

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? frustration and food

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? EVERYTHING!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sisters

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old jeans!!

lunatuna 01-21-2008 02:34 PM

Screen Name:Lunatun

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:single

Hobbies and Interests:reading, my dog, hanging out with friends

Favorite Music:all

Favorite Color(s):purple, green, red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:pilates

What are your fitness/health goals?135 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just kept gaining weight. My job is stressful and I am emotional eater, so...it was time, plus I started not fitting into clothes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not binging and regular exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? motivivation, motivation, motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? People at work and my sister :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? size 6

SoldiersWife821 01-21-2008 03:30 PM

Screen Name: SoldiersWife821

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: Married

Hobbies and Interests: Movies/Books etc.

Favorite Music: Alternative Christian

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Christian Yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight and feel great in 2008!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? no trigger

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?

cassieroll 01-21-2008 11:05 PM

Screen Name: cassieroll

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: married/kids/animals/etc

Hobbies and Interests: my family, reading, cooking

Favorite Music: Anything that makes me feel good.

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals?: To get rid of my IR/PCOS and IBS by eating a healthier diet.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Having my endocrinologist point out my family's history of diabetes and then telling me I am IR.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The key to improving my health is to lose some weight but because of the PCOS I lose weight very slowly. I get discouraged. Since I've been to see the endo though I understand the WHY on how my body is the way it is and I'm ok with a goal of 1 pound per month.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Mostly just improving my mind to remember that my very slow weight loss is just fine.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself a year ago. :)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm not motivated by size or a number on the scale. I'm motivated by health so I don't really care about wearing or not wearing something.

plslade 01-24-2008 02:22 PM

Screen Name: plslade

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: married (2 daughters)

Hobbies and Interests: art, cooking, sewing, playing with my 2 kids

Favorite Music: hippie bluegrass

Favorite Color(s): orange and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything FUN!

What are your fitness/health goals? to look and feel GREAT!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my "fat" pants got too tight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? finding fun exercises and eating late at night... bedtime snacking

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? see above :dizzy:

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the women at the beach who don't have kids!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini and tennis skirt (my butt won't allow that right now)

happykins 01-25-2008 04:46 AM

Screen Name: happykins!

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Engaged to wonderful man

Hobbies and Interests: Playing games online, crocheting, lurking forums :carrot:

Favorite Music: Everything for the most part. Blatant disrespect kind of songs are a nono for me :(

Favorite Color(s): Too many to list!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose weight and be healthier - be happy and more confident helps too

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? DF and I want a baby in the next few years

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being diagnosed with MS makes exercise a feat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? No more soda Eat more veggies. Stay away from peanut butter until I can control myself around it.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself about 5 years ago (was 180 then)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Wear lingerie for my fiance - he has stuck with me between being just overweight all the way through almost 300 lbs and back down and up. I realize looks isn't everything but its the one thing I never gave him because I was so self conscious. :(

twirlandswirl 01-26-2008 03:25 AM

Screen Name: twirlandswirl / Twirly

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Engaged

Hobbies and Interests: Archaeology, music, writing

Favorite Music: Musicals / Broadway

Favorite Color(s): Blue and very dark green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking with my fiance

What are your fitness/health goals? Improve my asthma, get to a healthy weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm getting married!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Hormones and money- good for you food is expensive!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1750 cals a day....

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini. I love showing skin, but I'm too ashamed to do it in public.

coldbrightday 01-28-2008 02:39 PM

Screen Name:coldbrightday

Age/Age Range:25

Family Life: Live with my girlfriend of 6 years, and 2 housemates, one of whom is my little sister. Plus two dogs and a cat. It's a full house!!

Occupation: Research Assistant in an Alzheimer's Disease Center. Hopefully soon to be a nursing student.

Hobbies and Interests: Knitting, hiking, playing with my pooches, gardening, cooking, reading, renovating my 84 year old house. I'm starting to like running, too, which is a huge surprise.

Favorite Music: Oh, man, everything. Lately I'm listening to Feist and Regina Spektor a lot, but I also love hiphop. Kanye West's last album didn't leave my cd player for a solid week.

Favorite Color(s): Purple and gray.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, weightlifting, hiking, yoga.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to run 5K and not be dying. I'd like to have really good muscle definition, too. 140 lbs. seems like a reasonable number to aim for, but I'll reevaluate around 150. (Currently 162.)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not sure actually. I made that decision a long time ago, but I think it was seeing this site that convinced me I could really do it, and that it would take having a specific plan, rather than just generally eating healthy, which has sometimes worked for me in the past, but often not.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Accepting when I over eat a little and not giving up on the whole day and binging.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Avoiding baked treats, alcohol in moderation, increase the distance/time I can run.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister. :)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? High boots! And sung fitting workout pants. (Not together... :))

gottagetfit 01-28-2008 03:50 PM

Screen Name: Gottagetfit

Age/Age Range: 38 this Thursday

Family Life: Married with a 19 yr old son in Army basic training and a 17 yr old daughter - sr in high school

Hobbies and Interests: Golf

Favorite Music: Various

Favorite Color(s): Red/Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: None yet!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be fit and feel better - improve overall health condition - stop mediations for BP/Chol

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Getting older, heart issues

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Lack of will power! and a 17 year old that runs 10 miles a day and needs the carbs and I dont!

Just consistency!
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I would like to look better than I did even in high school!

Cute golf outfits!__________________

emiloots 01-28-2008 06:19 PM

Screen Name: emiloots

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Married with a 14 mo old son

Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, camping, reading, music

Favorite Music: pretty diverse taste

Favorite Color(s): Green/brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: None yet!

What are your fitness/health goals? Get back to my pre-preg weight and feel confident again

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? having a baby - and then seeing pictures of myself months later - ugh!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? feeling like once I've slipped up it's an excuse to keep on slipping, I'm either really good or really bad, seem to lack that middle ground

Cardiovascular health, strength and decreasing my sugar intake

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself 2 years ago

fit into a size 4 again, sigh...

M a g g i e 01-28-2008 08:18 PM

Screen Name:M a g g i e (yeah, i'm that clever haha!)

Age/Age Range:19

Family Life: Single! in college dorms, and my roommate transferred so now I'm in a room by myself

Hobbies and Interests: oh, lots! dancing, music, tv, movies, talking, hanging out, i kind of crochet, color in coloring books!

Favorite Music: Alternative, rock, rap and r&b for dancing with friends, acoustic,

Favorite Color(s): green, blue, dark pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: dancing. My guilty pleasure of exercise is Barbie's Dance workout from the very early 90's! It's for kids and it even has jennifer love-hewitt in it when she was like 10 but it's awesomely bad fun and a great cardio workout!

What are your fitness/health goals? Have some muscle! I'm so weak. And then when spring rolls around I would love to go out for a run and actually make it more than 2 minutes due to my newly formed muscles! oh, and be awesomely (healthy) skinny and sexy!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? going to college and being surrounded by skinny girls and then being too embarrassed to wear shorts around them so i suffered through the heat in jeans for 3 months. People noticed. it was so horrible to be around people. Then I got a roommate (huge mix-up and weird thing) and started to regain the weight i had been losing and then some. Over christmas break i started to get stretch marks on my stomach. and that was it! no further!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food. i live in the dorms surrounded by unhealthy temptations. And i'm really used to late night snacking. I've calculated that I'm used to eating around (at least, probably more) 2500 calories a day so cutting back to 1500 is hard.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Fruits, veggies, and junk food/sugar (limiting obviously)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : haha! my brother's fiancee. She has been a part of our family for at least 9 years and about the time i went through my awkward teenage years, she started making fun of me which didn't help my situation. Now that i'm pretty overweight and older, i'm sick of her remarks about how ugly i am and feeling gross and inferior around her. I can't wait for the day when i walk into the room (not sure when the next time i see her but the earliest would be easter) and see the look on her face when she sees the slimmer me and realizes I'm way hotter than her! haha! :carrot: oh, and i'm her bridesmaid in october so i want to look amazing in front of all of the family friends i haven't seen in a while!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts! and in front of other skinny girls!

This is the first time I am truly counting calories. I really don't like the kind of girls my age who constantly fuss about calories and remark on how many calories everything has. I don't want to be like them so I usually try to just eat healthy, but obviously that hasn't worked for me. I really like the format of my daily plate and it's so easy and fast to use that i don't have an excuse. yesterday and today have been a HUGE wake up call for me when i realized how i much i normally eat. Today, by 1pm I only had 500 calories left! That means tonight I'm really struggling to resist snacking BUT I've worked it out that I just had some green beans and will later have some pineapple which makes my total for the day 1560! so, pretty proud of myself and i want to keep that feeling so I won't WON'T start snacking or eat anything else. I've had plenty for the day. It's just hard to resist years of bad habits! Thanks for the support!

wingsofbeauty 01-29-2008 04:58 PM

Wings_of_beauty

Screen Name: WingsofBeauty (I wanted Wings_of_beauty, but would let me use _)

Age/Age Range:28

Family Life: Husband, two dogs

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, Spending Time with Family

Favorite Music: I like Rock N Roll, Alternative, but Country at heart

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Well it use to be the Ellipitcal Machine, but lately it's been the Stability Ball

What are your fitness/health goals? to be healthy enough to have a baby

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Wanting a baby, but too overweight to have one

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Motivation and I tend to lose focus

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Maintaining Focus, Sweets, Motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Well i have these jeans I have had since college, they are a size 18, it's not my goal wait, but I refused to get rid of them just to wear them again! Yes they are still in my closet. When I am at my goal weight, I would love to wear a sexy black fitting dress.

ortal 01-30-2008 10:15 AM

Screen Name: ortal
Age/Age Range: 21
Family Life: 1 3yo daughter
Hobbies and Interests: i work a lot and spend time with the baby... dont getout much
Favorite Music:
Favorite Color(s): blue
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: love the cross trainer
What are your fitness/health goals? would like to be able to jog 4 miles like i did i high school

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? the first time around it was loseing my scum bag ex. this time it's for me..

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Idk... I love food?
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? snacking at night, eating cause its there, making excuses

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : this chick erin my friends hang out with

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a tank top

Cheryl170 01-30-2008 10:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: Cheryl170

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Married to a wonderfully supportive man, two gorgeous daughters, ages 9 and 5

Hobbies and Interests: Travel, camping, kayaking, hanging out with my family, shopping

Favorite Music: All

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, Tae Bo

What are your fitness/health goals? To get rid of my insulin resistance and high cholesterol

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The Doctor says that my insulin resistance will turn into diabetes soon if I don't get myself in shape, which scares me SOOO much! And I carry my weight in my tummy, so I'm tired of being asked when I'm due!!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Believening myself

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More consistent exercise routine, remove sugar from my diet, strength train

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I guess I'm boring, but I don't have anyone that motivates me like that. I just want to look better than my BEFORE pics. I'm tired of hiding behind people in photos!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute spring time skirts! I look like a giant cow in them now!

starbucksfreak 02-01-2008 08:48 AM

Screen Name: starbucksfreak

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: I have a sister whom I live with

Hobbies and Interests: writing, work

Favorite Music: Musicals and Scif

Favorite Color(s): pink and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? get to a healthy weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't want to be fat!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? support from family

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1200 cals

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Jen (from work)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sexy clothes

vertigoskyy 02-01-2008 09:26 AM

Screen Name: vertigoskyy

Age/Age Range: 21 [And a half :P Don't you miss being little and that half being a BIG deal? Haha.]

Family Life: Husband, 3-year-old son, a 3-year-old dog [pug], a 4-year-old cat, a 1.5-year-old snake, a 6-month-old snake, & some fish. We bought our first house in August. My husband is a Marine & returned from his first deployment in May.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, movies, reading, writing, penpalling, working out, computers, crafts, shopping, travel, teaching, learning, psychology,

Favorite Music: I love all music. My favorites at the moment are Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson, Seether, Green Day, Nickleback, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Blue October, Jack Johnson, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Clann an Drumma, & I could pretty much go on forever.

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Green, Pink, Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The elliptical & the weight circuit at the gym [Fitzone] that I go to. I also like pilaties & ball/band workouts & anything dance.

What are your fitness/health goals? My main goal is just to be happy & healthy, at whatever weight it is I choose to be, and to to be toned. My goal right now is 145.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't really think there was a trigger this time. I've been wanting to lose this baby weight for a long time. I start going to this gym when I got a free 30 day trial. I liked it so much I stuck with it and I'm still sticking with it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food. More specifically food when my friends are around. We do game nights or movie nights, and the night is always full of bad food. I've been doing well, but it's hard with all those yummy but bad things around.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion sizes, excuses, consistency

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Well, one of my friends and I joined the gym together..it's proven that working out with a friend more than doubles the chances of you sticking to it..it went really well for about a month but then she started skipping out on workouts, just not showing up, not going at all, but I kept doing it. Now she's going again, but she doesn't want to wait for me to get out of work at 4, so she goes to the gym at 3, I can't go until 4 or later. Now I hardly see her at all for other reasons. So as bad as it sounds, I'd really just like to look better than her for that reason. We were supposed to do this together and she bailed out.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A two piece bathing suit!

FB 02-06-2008 05:41 PM

Screen Name:
fatbaby

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Married for 6 years, mom to a little guy

Business owner

Hobbies and Interests:
Antiques, auctions, thrift stores, old house restoration, restoring our 122 year old Italianate home, marketing, reading, crime shows and photography!

Favorite Music:
Indie rock and some good ol' blues

Favorite Color(s):
Mmm, I mostly wear black, even when I'm a skinny mini. Does black count?

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Lovelovelove walking through the historic district with my closest friend while chattering away only to realize 3 hours have passed.

What are your fitness/health goals?
To not let myself get out of control again. I have this huge amount of weight to lose! I gained the weight very slowly, over the course of the last 8 years. If I would have just used my scale and common sense on a regular basis I wouldn't have gotten this way.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
My son bought me a hoodie for Christmas that didn't fit. I could have used it as underwear, maybe. I vow to fit into it by the holiday's '08.

Commitment, I don't lack motivation but need staying power.

To exercise regularly (my job requires a TON of desk work). To cut out candy (I love me some candy). To eat balanced meals.

Just about anyone I see. I especially want to look better than I ever have.

My old clothes. I love shopping. I love fashion and I'm out of control with great clothes! My hubby has been after me to give them away and I will prove him wrong!

Rhighlan86 02-06-2008 10:57 PM

Screen Name: Rhighlan86, but you can call me Becky ;)

Age/Age Range: 21 I will be 22 in April

Family Life: I am dating the same guy I have been with for 2 years and hopefully for a long time :)

Occupation: I am currently in my last semester at college and am looking for my first grown up job :lol: I've also applied to grad school so who knows where I will be or what I will be

Hobbies and Interests: Music...I play the flute/piccolo, reading, learning more about autism and animal assisted therapy, watching a ton of movies, etc..

Favorite Music: I will listen to anything and depending on my mood it varies greatly. If I am studying classical, if i am doing cardio high energy, if I am weight lifting rock, etc...

Favorite Color(s): Purple and Blue...although my b/f's mom swears my fav color is pink and insists on buying me pink clothes :lol:

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love lifting weights....I feel accomplished, and the rowing machine. I can really feel the work put in, the only thing I hate about it is the machine rips up my hands so I have to wear biking gloves

What are your fitness/health goals? To be strong, from 2 car wrecks I have lost a lot of strength all over and I want to be able to get that back. I am potentially going to be working with both little kids and big dogs so I need to get that strength back. Also to be able to do what I want without getting winded.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Picture from vacation :o

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Finding time and motivation to workout and not letting the scale be the deciding factor on whether I am going to do well

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More veggies, more exercise, less eating out

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Those perfect girls on the cardio machines beside me :dizzy:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A tank top and my dbf said he would buy me a pretty dress once I get to goal :)

tiggy123 02-10-2008 12:10 PM

Screen Name:tiggy123

Age/Age Range:25

Family Life: Live with 3 male housemates

Hobbies and Interests: Friends, gym, shopping.

Favorite Music: Almost anything. I really like The Doors.

Favorite Color(s): Lilac

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Crosstrainer and aerobics and weights

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to have better endurance and more defined muscles.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got stuck in a UK size 16 trousers and I had always been size 10 to 12. I've lost a lot already, but the last pounds are difficult.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Drinking and partying too much.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Avoid alcohol, exercise more, eat more fruit and veg

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Mini skirt and bikini

tinygrammy 02-10-2008 11:09 PM

screen name: tinygrammy

Family: husband of 35 years, 3 married children and 6 beautiful grandkids

Occupation: I babysit 2 of my grandkids every day, a 4 yr. old and a 4 month old

Hobbies and interests: I do all kinds of crafts, especially crochet and cross stitch, I love to read mysteries, and I love to spend time with my family.

Favorite music: Well, my age will show here, I like oldies from the seventies, also classical and christian. What a combo huh?

Favorite color: red

Favorite exercise: walking or using my exercise bike when I can't walk

Fitness/health goals: I want to walk upstairs without feeling like I'm dying, I want to be able to get on the floor to play with my grandkids without having to crawl over to a piece of furniture in order to lever myself back up, and I want to have a lot more energy without all the aches and pains.

My trigger to lose weight was a combination of several things but I suppose when my 4 yr. old granddaughter asked if I had a baby in my belly like her mommy did, I just wanted to cry.

What do I struggle with? Boredom. I'm just like a stay at home Mom, only older, and when the kids are napping, I get bored and a bit depressed. It's like my hallelujah fridge time.

What are 3 things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to quit eating so much fast food, I need to control my portions and eat healthy, and I need to make an effort to exercise more often.

(evil motivation)- My husband! In 35 years, I have NEVER weighed less than him, and by golly, that is my supreme motivation, to weight even one pound less than him!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal? Two things: Panty hose that won't roll down over my belly, and a tucked in shirt with a belt!

maggers65 02-13-2008 12:51 PM

Screen Name: Maggers65

Age/Age Range: 42

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and Crochet

Favorite Music: variety

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: WATP

What are your fitness/health goals? Workout 5 days/week and Healthing eating style

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? High blood pressure and depression

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? binging

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? doing it, sticking with it and making it a neccesity

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? lingerie

Mommywannabe 02-16-2008 07:09 PM

Screen Name: Mommywannabe

Age/Age Range: 19 (20 next month!!)

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, Reading, Gaming, Art, etc..

Favorite Music: Almost Everything

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Red, Black, White... hmm.. well, all of 'em..

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, Playing Wii Sports, Sit-ups

What are your fitness/health goals? My big goal is to one day weigh 135lbs. But my mini-goal is to lose 25lbs by my birthday.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I want to be healthy and have a good weight to have a baby, and I was also really inspired by Biggest Loser :).

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, cheat less. lol.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I won't say I want to look better than anyone, but I would really like to have the same body type as my younger sister.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Form-fitting clothes. ;)

xtrisaratops 02-17-2008 03:41 AM

Screen Name: xtrisaratops

Age/Age Range: 19, almost 20!

Family Life: Engaged

Hobbies and Interests: Painting, reading Tarot, going to shows, being with my friends

Favorite Music: indie/alternative/emo/screamo...basically, the crap my mother can't stand

Favorite Color(s): black, green, and pink...and if we're talking about clothes, I love to wear BRIGHT blue!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: WATP, resistance bands, yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? Be active, be lean, be happy with my body

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just got sick of wondering what I'd look like skinny! It's time to stop wondering and start doing!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binging, exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? MORE WATER, making exercise a habit, making this a lifestyle I love

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : Myself in old pictures!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute dresses...skinny jeans...a pretty wedding dress!

Enygirl 02-20-2008 01:47 PM

Screen Name: Enygirl

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: living with Boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: reading, crocheting, quilting, video games, walking (my newest one!)

Favorite Music: Pretty much anything with words

Favorite Color(s): Yellow, Pink, Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Yoga, Pilates, Walking, Slim in 6

What are your fitness/health goals? To for the first time in my life to be in a "healthy" weight-range. To learn how to manage cravings, not stress-eat and Maintain a healthy lifestyle.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When My boyfriend and I got together I was #241 pounds... It was a turning point in my life that made me decide that I needed to do it for myself - and that I didn't want to be the "fat mom" or die of some disease that could've have been avoided if I took care of myself. I also look at my daughter, and I NEVER want her to go through life with the issues that being overweight brings.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Stress. When I stress out I stress eat- chocolate, chips.. etc.. and I stop exercising completely trying to keep on top of the things that made me stress out in the first place.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More focus on the goal, regular schedule, STICK TO THE PLAN!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My original goal was to be smaller then my mom - and now I am. *and it felt AWESOME to box up all of my "fat-clothes" and give to her* :devil: And then my next person was to be in a smaller size then my little sister - and right now we're in the same size (but I weigh less hee hee) So now I don't have an evil motivation person.. but I'll find her - TRUST me! :)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? SKIRTS! I love short skirts (above the knee - not talking roller-derby style ;)) But I HATE my knees up!

candogirl 02-25-2008 09:17 PM

Screen Name: Candogirl

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: live alone

Hobbies and Interests: reading, tv, music, ummm...walking

Favorite Music: Just about anything

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking Would like to try tai chi (sp?)
What are your fitness/health goals? Loss weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? got tired of being overweight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? So far it hasn't been too bad
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise motivation, exercise motivation, and... ummm... exercise motivation
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My friend Ashley. I love you girl, but your turns up, I wanna be the hot one now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Gotta say lingerie

LessEveryDay 02-28-2008 03:36 PM

Really creative, witty title here.

Screen Name: LessEveryDay

Age/Age Range: 30s

Family Life: Married w/toddler and nursing baby

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, cake decorating (though I don't much care to eat it!), reading (mostly non-fiction), outdoors, sailing, camping

Favorite Music: Celtic

Favorite Color(s): Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, biking, hiking, RollerBlading, backpacking, canoeing

What are your fitness/health goals? Be healthy by eating right, not just less.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Changing a lot in my life and sick of being fat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting in enough veggies! I've never been one to binge and I really don't eat a lot of sweets. I like some ice cream and some cookies, but often these things to bad in my house! We never fry anything either. But, I ate and drank just a wee too much I guess! :)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? In theory, my "skinny" jeans, but they're probably out of style now. :( Really, I'll be happy not to have to wear muffin top camoflage!

mamac 03-01-2008 05:27 PM

Screen Name:mamac

Age/Age Range:35

Family Life: Married and mother of 4yr old girl, and 2 yr old boy

Occupation: stay at home mom, but also on-call casual at the Family Y and aslo volunteer there...(no reason not to work out righ??? :/ )

Hobbies and Interests:I love reading, writing, chatting, going for walks, and i used to be an avid cyclist...not professional...but rode everyday...havent done it for years now :(

Favorite Music: Radio rock, dance, hip hop..

Favorite Color(s): Red, orange, yellow..

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: biking, running

To get in good physical shape, strenghthening my core, and also i would love to learn to run...and eventually would love to run in a 1/2 marathon or something...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

The biggest memory for me was, i went for coffee with a friend and i had a coffee and a fudge brownie, she ordered something sweet too, and her comment was "wow...it feels like my birthday today!"...i was like "really, why?", she said "because im having this cake/treat" That was a lightbulb moment...I remember chuckling and than saying, "what?, you dont eat cake often, she said "no, only on special occasions" I was floored...I thought everyone ate what they wanted to when they wanted to...so yeah...total light bulb moment for me...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating more than i need to eat and emotional eating...treating myself...like I deserve food as treats...rather than something else...that has nothing to do with food!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Learning to cook all kinds of delicious healthy meals and snacks.
Getting myself to get in the habit and wanting to go get some excerices...rather than it being a chore or inconvenience.
Understanding my relationship with food and my body and excercise. I need to fine tune a plan that works in all these areas :)!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister...I dont want to just be thin, i want to be physically in better shape, with muscles, definition and endurance...not just a thin body....i want to be proud of my body and food choices...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to be able to wear the cutest pair of low rider jeans ( and snug as a bug) wit heels and a sexy feminine blouse...

scorpio88 03-04-2008 02:07 AM

Screen Name: scorpio88

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: Single and happy

Hobbies and Interests: Makeup Artistry, Animals, Hairstyling, Esthetics, Sports (huge Detroit fan), Shopping, Reading, Art, Travelling, etc.

Favorite Music: Rock is my favourite, like some country, pop, R&B..really anything but rap.

Favorite Color(s): Blue, pink, gold

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love swimming but can only do that in summer months, so treadmills are my preference.

What are your fitness/health goals? To drop 20-25lbs by July, and finally be happy and healthy!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I look at a photo of myself.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Trying to get my thighs thin! Those things hate me!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need more of a variety when it comes to exercise, and motivation. I end up going strong for 3 days, then I say "oh it's ok if I take a day off" which turns into 2 days, then 3, then I stop. Diet wise, definitely eating enough calories and getting at least 3 meals a day. Normally I eat 1-2 meals a day very late at night which I know is bad. I rarely get over 1000 calories/day.

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : A co-worker of mine who seems to eat anything she wants and be thin as a rail!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? There are a few dresses I would love to wear that fall above the knee. Plus I want to start wearing shorts! I own 1 pair of shorts because I hate my legs so I keep them covered and summers in Canada can get quite hot. Right now I'm a size 7, and I'd love to be a size 4.

Goldm00n 03-04-2008 01:28 PM

Screen Name: Goldm00n

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Divorced mother with teenage son at home

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, computers, Spending time with my son

Favorite Music: I love everything from 20’s jazz to nowadays stuff - I love Sinatra and the Beatles and Tom Petty

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love my treadmill, put a movie in and go!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be the healthiest ME I can be

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was at my ideal weight 3 years ago, I had quit smoking and I was working out 3 times a week – then I got into a serious relationship with someone who smoked and ate horribly – before you know it I was smoking again and eating the same horrible diet – 3 years later I had gained 60 pounds and felt horrible about myself - we broke up and I quit smoking and went on a diet the same day - now I am 18 pounds from goal!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The lure of Ice cream

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to weight lift more, I would love to beable to really enjoy running, learning and remembering no matter how good it tastes Ice cream is bad for you.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : mwaaaa I’m not tellin!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My Calvin Klein button fly jeans I have probably 10 pair,, and I fit into all of them 3 years ago!

CrazedLedZepFan 03-05-2008 10:08 PM

Screen Name: CrazedLedZepFan

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single, 1-year-old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: writing, music

Favorite Music: Led Zep

Favorite Color(s): black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: WATP, Gazelle, hiking

What are your fitness/health goals? Workout daily, eat better, lose 20!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realizing after my daughter's 1st birthday I still hadn't lost the weight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? junk food, especially soda; finding time to excercise!!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating junkfood

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I don't really think that way.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old Jimmy Page dragon jeans yay!

startanew 03-06-2008 02:00 PM

Screen Name: startanew

Age/Age Range:31

Family Life:married,3 kids

Hobbies and Interests:graphic design, photo retouching, photography, reading,gardening

Favorite Music: country

Favorite Color(s): green, brown, red-earthy colors

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none yet-I'm working on that!

What are your fitness/health goals?Eating better with whole foods, feeling better about myself,getting healthy, looking better

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have been binging a lot lately, I weighed myself a month or so ago and realized I was at my heaviest ever(275), that started the ball rolling. A couple of weeks after that, I was so stuffed, but yet I was standing at the pantry looking for something to eat- I realized something has GOT to be done, I can't live like this!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? emotional eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise- I don't

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Haven't really thought about that, I just want to feel confident when I go out, not be the heaviest in the room

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?Those cute babydoll type tops, lol, maybe I'm too old for them anyway, but right now if I wear one I get asked "when's the baby due?":o

ladybug2008 03-12-2008 12:41 PM

Introduction

Screen Name: ladybug2008

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: single mom of 4 boys, ages 15, 12, 9, 7

Hobbies and Interests: Love to read, sight seeing, love the outdoors...don't have much time for anything anymore..just try to get enough sleep!

Favorite Music: Anything I can dance to! Hip Hop, Rock, etc. many different kinds

Favorite Color(s): Uhhhh...

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds..this is the one I'm currently doing, and I like it better than any others I have tried, at least for my current fitness level...which isn't very good!

What are your fitness/health goals? To feel better about myself, be a role model for my kids, and of course...to look hot!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing pictures of myself! Went to the doctor the other day, she told me it wouldn't hurt for me to lose 50 or 60lbs. I currently don't have any health problems, so losing weight, having a better diet, will keep it that way!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Quitting! Giving up! I am trying to look at it differently this time, this is for life, not a crash diet, or fad, this is for the rest of my life!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Drinking water 2. Exercising 3. Incorporating a healthy meal for the whole family ( I have a very picky seven year old, who only believes in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!).

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one person in particular, but I want to be a better looking me!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A summer dress!

Daffy29 03-18-2008 09:23 AM

Screen name: Daffy 29

Age Range: Late 40's

Family Life: happily married to a wonderful woman (we're a same-sex couple), one adult daughter, one dog.

Hobbies and Interests: Outdoors (particularly at the cottage/future retirement home) walking, snowshoeing, kayaking. Hockey - Go Habs! Renovating.

Favorite Music: Anything but Classical and Jazz.

Favorite color: Green. And Orange.

Favorite exercise: Really and truly, I love to jog. I have not been able to in 5 years, but I am looking forward to being able to again, in about 40 lbs!

My health/fitness goals: To get my blood pressure meds dosage down, or maybe even completely gone; to have my bodyfat % back in the 'normal' range. Ultimately, I am in training for our planned active lifestyle retirement, which will include extensive renovations to our cottage, which we will do ourselves. That's going to take strength and stamina.

My 'trigger' that got me to finally decide to lose it for good: After not gaining an ounce during 2 1/2 weeks at the cottage over the holidays, I gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks, reaching my all-time high. Every time I bent over to tie up my boots, I would nearly b*rf!

What do I struggle with most: starchy carbs. I am a starchy carb addict. So, I avoid them now. I stick to whole-grain starchy carbs, and eat them sparingly.

Three things I need to improve in the diet/exercise area: 1. Eat more veggies - V8 is one of my staples! 2. Eat more veggies 3. Eat more veggies ...anyone see a theme? :lol:

Evil motivation: A family member got a little snotty when she had lost after I regained the last time. I plan on winning this little 'competition' by losing it for good. :devil:

What can not wait to wear? A long, plain, black linen dress with a slit up the side that I wore to a friend's wedding in 2003. Oh, and a black linen suit I bought for work at the same time. Same reason for both of them: I look and feel like dynamite in those items!

audreymonroe 03-23-2008 03:14 PM

Screen Name: audreymonroe

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Living with my BF - it's a wonderful life!

Hobbies and Interests: creative writing, singing, playing musical instruments, cooking, being out in the sunshine, laughing with my friends

Favorite Music: classical, showtunes, rock

Favorite Color(s): all of them =)
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: dance, tredmill in front of the tv, playing a light sport - not an exercise junkie
What are your fitness/health goals? 1) to be in the normal BMI range, 2) to have confidence about the way I look, 3) to buy clothes depending on how they look, and not if they are the only things that fit right, 4) this is the only body I'll ever have, and I want it to be as beautiful as I know it can be.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Each year I wake up on my birthday, knowing I'm a little heavier than last year, and it prevents me from wanting to really celebrate my life. That has got to stop.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Keeping a positive, fresh outlook for more than a couple of days. I'm generally a happy person, but I do need to start seeing real results.
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) cutting down on alcohol calories, 2) upping the exercise, 3) planning my menu and NOT obsessing about food the rest of the day!
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My former, bigger self!
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans that are snug on my hips and butt! I am pear shaped, and have extra weight on my hips and upper thighs. This is an area I eventually want to flaunt!

findingfawn 03-24-2008 02:53 PM

Screen Name: findingfawn

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married with 3 kids (9,3 and 2)

Hobbies and Interests: knitting, crocheting, and being with my family

Favorite Music: country

Favorite Color(s): don't really have one,

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Carmen Electra Strip Tease and because it's not family friendly Sweatin' to the Oldies

What are your fitness/health goals? 130 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My 9year old seeing a lap-band comercial and saying "Mom, that's what you need!"

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Denying temptation

Eating more fruits and veggies, avoiding processed foods, sticking with an exercise program

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself today! But I already look better than I did yesterday and tomarrow I will look better than today!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm thinking something only for hubby's eyes!

femme fatale 03-26-2008 09:11 AM

Screen Name: femme fatale

Age/Age Range: 29 (30 in September)

Family Life: In a relationship for almost 4 years

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, Xbox, friends, music

Favorite Music: hip hop, R&B, classic rock

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmills, a little weight lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? My big goal is to one day weigh 150 lbs But my mini-goal is to lose 25 lbs by summer

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My boyfriend had suggested that I had let myself go. When I thought about it, I HAD. :^:

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise & snacking

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, cheat less.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :hmmm.. myself, right now, lol.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a nice bathing suit.:tantrum:

weemissnaughty 04-01-2008 04:48 PM

Screen Name:
weemissnaughty
Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
living with parents - been with my b.f for 7months
up untill a week ago was working as a chef... now i work in greggs the bakers!
Hobbies and Interests:
going out with friends, would love to say guitar (as i spent £100 getting one the other week!) but not too good at it yet!!
Favorite Music:
mainly rock/indie/metal but pretty much anything
Favorite Color(s):
RED! pink/purple
used to be martial arts but then with working in kitchens didnt have time!
1- be in healthy BMI, 2- be able to go shopping (WHICH I LOVE DOING!) and have the choice of any clothes there rather than having to think what will disguise my lumps and bumps! 3- feeling confident about my figure when i'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt!
I lost about 60lbs when i left highschool and then went to uni for a year and started working as a chef which made me put it all back on so when i got a new job with normal hours where i could eat at regular times (as a chef i was working 12hrs with no break so was eating the quickst thing i cud - deep fried! and then comin home n having a curry!)

saying no when my parents/b.f/friends say "ohh but you can have a curry/bottle of wine/desert just today - its only one day out of the week" but i have someone saying it to me almost every day!! hmph! lol
need to exercise more, try to find veggies i actually like, eat fruit rather than chocolate (i actually love fruit but when i want a snack i go for the bad thing - i forget that i like fruit!!!)
a friend of mines, i will spend hours deciding what to wear for a night out that wont show of lumps and bumps and i'll go to hers and she'll throw on any old t-shirt and belt and look AMAZING *sniffle*
just jeans and a t-shirt and look good in it =o) - especially my size (very small) 12 ripped jeans i used to love! kept them in the hope i will fit back in them!

just keep swimming 04-02-2008 12:33 AM

Screen Name:
just keep swimming

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
single, live with parents when not at school

college student

Hobbies and Interests:
learning, dancing, reading, enjoying this lovely spring weather

Favorite Music:
anything upbeat

Favorite Color(s):
purple

arc trainer, walking, strength training

to officially be a healthy weight for the first time in i don't know how long, to improve my endurance and strength

I lost 24 pounds two summers ago and have slowly but surely managed to put 20 of them back on. I much preferred the way I looked and felt back then, so I want to get back there, and then some!

The hardest thing about counting calories is a college meal plan, where I don't even know what the heck I'm eating half the time.

I need to switch up my exercising more, so I don't get bored and not want to go to the gym. I need to become better at estimating calorie content and portion size. I need to know when I am actually hungry and when I just want to eat.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?:
Well, me, mostly, but there are plenty of others... :)

I can't wait to feel comfortable with my appearance regardless of what I am wearing. I would also like to be able to feel good in a bathing suit.