3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

KristaNElise 12-04-2008 12:41 PM

Screen Name: KristaNElise

Age/Age Range: 27

Hobbies and Interests: Coupons and Losing Weight!!!

Favorite Music: Bon Jovi

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: 30 Day Shred!!!

What are your fitness/health goals? To Be Overall Happy and Healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was watching a show on tv about people who lost alot of weight and I said I can do that too!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercising, Find the time to Exercise, and Being Happy with myself

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) Haha. I Never thought about this one. I will have too!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A Pair of Jeans that I wore in College that Have been hanging around in my Closet for 8 Years!!!

pixie76 12-05-2008 04:45 PM

Screen Name: pixie76

Age/Age Range: 32

Occupation: Wish coordinator for children w/ life threatening illnesses

Hobbies and Interests: traditional homemaking

Favorite Music: Country/Christian

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running/walking/hiking

What are your fitness/health goals? To run another marathon

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I literally can't fit my clothes and can't afford to buy new.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? PCOS

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Controlling cravings, drinking more water, getting more sleep (so I have energy to run =)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I'd just like to get back to how I looked after baby #1...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Just comfortable, form fitting clothes.

Fawchy 12-12-2008 04:35 PM

Screen Name: Fawchy

Age/Age Range: 17

Family Life: I live with my parents

Hobbies and Interests: Music, films and writing

Favorite Music: There's a lot.. but the favourite categories are singer/songwriter, electro, hardcore and swedish pop. Favorite artists/bands are Bright Eyes, Patrick Wolf, Stars, Anna Ternheim, Blood Brothers, The Cure, Cake and others..

Favorite Color(s): Red, "copper", dark grey, gold, black, brown.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jogging, walking and poweryoga

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 20 kg (40 pounds)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Weight has always been an issue for me... I've been overweight for most of my life, except for when I struggled with anorexia/bulimia a few years ago. So being skinny AND eat without throwing up is going to be... new. And scary. And I also wanna move out of home during the next year... and I don't know, I wanna go into the next phase of my life without having to focus so much on my weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? To eat the right amounts of food. I either eat way too much or way too little. That's why I'm counting calories now - I HAVE to eat 1300 calories, no more, no less.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Controlling my food intake, getting more sleep and drink less alcohol.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Well, not look better than... but I'd like to lose weight so my mum will stop telling me I have to.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tank tops. Right now I'm not comfortable with showing my arms, so I always wear long sleeves.

justformenow1 12-12-2008 06:57 PM

I'm new here to 3FC, not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post for newbie intros? But Calorie Counting is my thing and I thought I would give it a whirl.
Screen Name: Michelle

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Married, mom of 2 boy ages 4 & 6

Hobbies and Interests: reading,camping,cooking,baking, I would love shopping too but, it's not too much fun when you are unhappy with yourself. :(

Favorite Music: Classic Rock

Favorite Color(s): black, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like to walk at the moment, 30 minutes just ballin' it around and around the block, no treadmill. LOL

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose 85 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? OMG, I started boo hooing in the Lane Bryant dressing room, that poor salesgirl. I was embarrassed, ashamed, disgusted, just very emotional to see what I let myself get to. I just couldn't stop the tears from coming, it was pretty embarrasing. :o
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm a food addict, I guess it is what a drug addict or alcoholic goes thorugh, except my vice is food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to up my excersize eventually,work on self-esteem, and healthier choices.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I really don't want to out do anyone, I just want to like myself when I look in the mirror.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Victoria Secret Underware, Bras, and teddies for my husband. He is so supportive and loving, has been through it all with me for 7 years, I love him dearly.

hippy27 12-12-2008 07:23 PM

On My Way

Screen Name: FyRe_GoDdEsS_103

Age/Age Range: 17 almost eighteen(48 days yay)

Family Life: single, off at college

Hobbies and Interests: poetry, reading, writing, drawing, soccer, swimming, bowling...it goes on:)

Favorite Music: Superchik or Classic Disney:D

Favorite Color(s): anything but pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: love biking to death, will try anything

What are your fitness/health goals? to eat based on hunger and not emotion.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? not a great reason, but I had an eating disorder and gained all of the weight back(under pressure of hospitalization) and don't like being at this weight. it makes me sad:(

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? If I'm not binging I go back to restricting, hardest thing is to keep it from going too far. And getting my nutrients while staying vegan.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1 EATING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE.
2 Exercising regularly but not compulsively
3 trying to regain the feeling of hunger I seldom know.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? any girl that thinks she's better than me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
nothing:lol:(seriously would love to accept myself naked) but have this pair of really form fitted green cargo pants. they'd fit and show off my nice *** if I were my goal weight:)

hippy27 12-12-2008 07:30 PM

me again

Family life: me, parents, 2 cats, and three older brothers. :dizzy:

JackieRn 12-12-2008 09:08 PM

Screen Name:

JackieRn

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:

Single

RN

Hobbies and Interests:

Running, volunteering, reading, and taking random classes.

Favorite Music:

Anything I can dance to.

Favorite Color(s):

Black and White

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

Running, Step Aerobics, Ab work

What are your fitness/health goals?

Be an efficient runner, keep weight low enough to keep as much pressure off my week right knee.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Feeling like a hypocrite when telling others to eat healthier while I was eating Oreos, ice-cream and chocolate cake, also finding out my body fat was 30%.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

Impatience when I feel like the scale is not reflecting my hard work.

Commitment to maintaining weight loss, motivation to continue when things are hard, combating self doubt and feelings of minimizing what I've already accomplished.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

My sister has always been the size 0-2 in the family and me the 8-10, I want to change that.

A bathing suit that shows of my flat tummy.

CruiseCAT 12-18-2008 09:34 AM

Screen Name:
CruiseCAT

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Happily married to Mack with one son, DIL and grandbaby that live in SC

Unemployed by choice but I do foster care for pups in need.

Hobbies and Interests:
travelling (especially cruising), GeoCaching, Hiking, Vegas (love Craps)

Favorite Music:
Every thing from Eminem to Enya is on my iPod

Favorite Color(s):
I can't say that I have one really.

At this point I HATE working out

To drop about 50-60 lbs. and be fit enough to hike the Inca Trail.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Spending time with my only grandbaby last month. He will be one in January and I am terrified that if I keep going I will miss out just like my parents did. Dad passed at 46 and Mom at 57.

Ben & Jerry's.... actually lack of motivation and the fact that I love food

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? consistency, consistency, consistency

My former self who has aged with grace.

Nice hip hugging jeans, cute top, and little healed shoes/boots.

melinda4952 12-28-2008 10:58 AM

calorie counting

Melinda4952
Family Life:
2 step kids (they both moved out)
Happily Married
2 cats and a dog

ocupation:
I run a cleaning company
and Effective Coupon company
like a Val Pac

Morning all
I was a Atkins chick fro a very long time
not really working for me and I have reasons it did not work
I love beer ...my bad
so I am going to start calorie counting lost about 5 lbs a few months ago
well it's back
wish me luck !
I am up for the #42 WL challange 5 lbs
I can do it !

Don't like it? Change it!

Lucia 12-28-2008 08:47 PM

Screen Name:
Lucia

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Married for 2 years in March.

Research Assistant in grad school.

Hobbies and Interests:
travelling

Favorite Music:
Alternative Rock

Favorite Color(s):
Burgundy

I don't exercice, although I need to hit the gym NOW.

Lose 20 pounds-the sooner, the better.

I'm freaking out at the idea that in January I have to go to work and the extra pounds I gained over the holidays will show. It was bad before holidays but now it's worse.

Eating when I'm stressed out because I'm stressed out.

not eating when i'm stressed, exercise, stop drinking Diet Pepsi

I would like to look like I did last year around this time-about 30 pounds lighter.

A nice, sexy dress..or be able to get a new Singapore Airlines costume..I used to have one and looked great on me.

zandralexia 12-29-2008 07:16 PM

Screen Name:zandralexia

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life:live with my gma soon to be with my bf in our first house.

Hobbies and Interests:Rugby, Running, Music, Dancing

Favorite Music:Rap, Pop, Country----pretty much everything

Favorite Color(s): Purple !

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Running lots and lots

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to run three miles without having to walk and proceed from there to a marathon, however with all the extra jiggle its a little rough

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been struggling with weight since I was 14, but saw pictures and was at my heaviest and so depressed...it was time

Cravings especially chinese food and ice cream

Motivation in the morning, blocking cravings(nice dream) thats really it

ha ha ha thats funny....I'd have to say I want to look just as good as my best friend who just lost a bunch of weight and looks amazing.

Shorts, I dont cause I hate my legs!

hungrybecca 12-31-2008 01:38 AM

Hi all.
I have done Weight Watchers, even worked there, Atkins, Cabbage Diet, etc...and I am back...again and now want to count calories and exercise my way to greatness.
Right now, I am 166, 5' 2", and want to get to 126. Never have I had to lose so much. I plan on eating no more than 1400 cal/day along with 30min/walk/run per day. I know how to eat, but I am a total overeater.
Wish me luck and any encouragement is appreciated!

hungrybecca 12-31-2008 01:50 AM

Sorry, messed up...here is my info...

Screen Name: hungrybecca

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: Married with 2 yummy kids

Hobbies and Interests: Walking, running, spinning, playing with my kids

Favorite Music: 80's and top 40, rock, R & B

Favorite Color(s): red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: spinning

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 40 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? This is the heaviest I have ever been. I don't even look like myself anymore!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I always feel a sense of deprivation when dieting. I miss eating whatever I want, but hey, that's what got me here.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Sticking to the program. Not deceiving myself! The diet part is hard, exercise is easy for me.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex-boyfriend's wife.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

blackbutterfly 12-31-2008 08:39 AM

Screen Name: blackbutterfly!

Age/Age Range: almost 30

Family Life: happily married with 2 kids

Hobbies and Interests: dancing, blogging, making lists, worrying, being a virgo
in general hehe. Music, makeup, fashion, reading

Favorite Music: everclear, the pixies, latin, I like to think i have very eclectic
tastes and I always falter at this question

Favorite Color(s): black, pink and red but not all together!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: strip areobics, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to get under 200 lbs by my birthday
and 175 by next year. but ultimatly I just want to be as happy on the outside
as I am inside.

I have a few. One was seeing pictures of myself and seeing the attractive
girl beneath the weight. And being called fat while pumping gas by some idiot.
I like beer ugh.
and I need to watch my portions. I come from a family that eats a
buffet every dang night. heh

1. portion control
2. Motivation, just stop being lazy and start moving.
3. stop obsessing over every little thing.

every girl my hubby has ever had a crush on

this little red dress that I still have hanging in my closet from my pre fat days.

never give up hope! lolz.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and sexy lingerie.. little frilly garters that my husband loves but I feel to self conscious in for now.

sunflowergal 12-31-2008 06:53 PM

Screen Name: sunflowergal

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: Married for 10 years... 11 in 2009

Hobbies and Interests: Photography and cooking

Favorite Music: piano instrumental

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Calorie counting, low impact aerobics/weights

What are your fitness/health goals? Reach my healthy weight between 135-165 (preferrably 135)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was tired of buying bigger clothes. Biggest size for me was size 18

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Maintenance and sticking to my exercise regimen

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, temptation, laziness

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All the women in my family hehe

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? size 6 designer jeans

Phoenix32203 01-01-2009 10:43 AM

Screen Name: Phoenix32203, but you can call me Julie :0)

Family Life: I have been divorced for three years. My gorgeous teenage daughter and I are on our own.

Occupation: I am a teacher and a student working on a 2nd Masters

Hobbies and Interests: I am an animal lover! I have two lab mixes (Chase and Muffin), a tiny terrier (Casey), a classroom bunny (Jasper), a tabby cat (Fat Louie), and a blue parakeet (Buddy the Wonder bird, who came tapping at my classroom window one cold spring day four years ago, lucky boy!) I read voraciously and love to write--it is my closet ambition to be an author one day. I also like working with colored pencil and watercolor. It helps me get out of my own head. When I can, I really enjoy hiking in beautiful places.

Favorite Music: If it's good I like it, across the spectrum. My very favorites include Patty Griffin, Tori Amos, A Fine Frenzy, Elvis Costello, The Killers, and The Beatles.

Favorite Color: All of them--I get attached to a new one every few months. Does that make me a waffler??

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, strength training; I want to try others, however. Kickboxing and spinning sound like great fun!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to develop a healthy relationship with my body and with food. I would also be deliriously happy if I lost about 120 pounds in the process, but I'm taking it slow this time.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have never been heavier, slower, stiffer, or less healthy. I feel like I am trapped in the body of a 60 or 70 year old woman because of the extra weight and the way it exacerbates my arthritis. I am done with this!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I sabotage myself. I guess my biggest task is to figure out why and knock it off!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Moving my butt--finding the motivation and time, staying organized by planning ahead and having my meals covered, and sticking to it!

mariamherrera 01-05-2009 01:32 AM

Screen Name:mariamherrera

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life: Wife

Hobbies and Interests: hair, make up, traveling, sight seeing, exploring, photography, music, dancing, art and crafts, animals, spending time with my hubby

Favorite Music: love all kinda, mostly R&B hip hop, reggaeton, salsa, cumbia, Rock, ALternitive, country, 80's.. lots! lol

Favorite Color(s):black, hunter green, and anythign that glitters or sparkles ;)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: working out on my Wii Fit, dancing, swimming, walking

What are your fitness/health goals? too get under 200lbs for sure to be some where between a size 10-14

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been pondering it off and on for the past year knowing I needed to but the icing on the cake was when I went out for a night out on the town with some gal friends and saw the pictures from that night! It was horrible! I wanted to rip them all up- I couldn't believe how bad I'd gotten

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? ugh.. ngiht time cravings, and when its "that time of the month" I want to eat sweets and sugar so bad- abstaining is the hardest! But I have and I'm proud I've exercised such great self control!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? excerise at least 30 mins a day, making sure I'm eating 4-6 small meals a day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :my current self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a two piece swim suit! and not be ashamed!

brookypooh 01-05-2009 07:46 PM

Screen Name: Brookypooh /real name Brook

Age/Age Range:25

Family Life: married with two sons

Hobbies and Interests: being out doors, spending time with family, Photography

Favorite Music: all types , rock, hard rock, country, pop pretty much anything

Favorite Color(s): blue and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: turbo jam

What are your fitness/health goals? change my diet to maintain a healthy life style and get a body back I am proud of

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? LOL well I was at kholes and litteraly broke down in tears because none of the clothes that are for my age fit or looked good on me and all the clothes for big girls were way to old looking for me. all I wanted to do was find a great pair of jeans and walked out of the store empty handed and in tears.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? CRAVING Chocolot like crazy!!!

Right now I am on track pretty well and I think things are going very well so at the moment the only thing I can think of is exersizing more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : LOL I have this "friend" that likes to make mean comments about me behing my back and talk about me and even says stuff to my face that she doesnt think is "that mean" I would LOVE to look better then her!!!

My little black dress I bought when I was 18 it is extreamly sexy and I want to fit in it so badly. but I would also really love to finaly have that great pair of jeans!

soybean 01-05-2009 11:02 PM

Screen Name: soybean

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Right now I'm single and living away from my parents

Hobbies and Interests: Eating!, spending time with my friends & family, reading, writing, and shopping of course.

Favorite Music: Classic rock, mellow alternative, and my guilty pleasure is top 40

Favorite Color(s): navy blue and purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: long walks outdoors and treadmill running... or rather the high I get from the run.

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose twenty pounds and be able to run a 5k

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The students I tutor have asked a few times I'm pregnant. Oy. I convinced myself its because I wear baby-doll shirts constantly, but one outspoken boy told me its because my stomach is huge. On a less superficial note, my chronic illness if suffering from my lack of activity and constant binges on fatty food so its time to make a change and get rid of the pain :)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Portion control! I lost 80 pounds in high school and I swear my stomach never shrank and I still have the appetite of a 240 pound 16 year old.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? First, I need to get active and view working out as a necessity rather that something only athletic people do. Second, I need to learn how to listen to my body's cues to tell me when and how much to eat. Third, I need to cut down the portions.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Anyone who I was ever jealous of or ever made fun of me in my k12 days!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini!!!!!

DirtyBird78 01-06-2009 02:53 AM

Screen Name: DirtyBird78

Age/Age Range: early 20's... I wish! I turned 30 not that long ago.

Family Life: Currently in a relationship and proud owner of 3 crazy cats.

Hobbies and Interests:I love to read, draw, listen to music, go to concerts, hang out with my friends and relax at home.

Favorite Music: Rock, baby... but I listen to pretty much everything.

Favorite Color(s): Blue, black and purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae Bo

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to walk a few blocks without being winded. I really want to get down to my goal weight and learn how maintain it so I can keep a healthy lifestyle.

I won't go into too many details because, frankly, it's graphic. We admitted a morbidly obese patient to our unit who had over 65 pounds of fat removed from her, and seeing her in that state really made me aware that if I didn't do something, like soon!, I was going to end up on that bed one day.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I work night shift and it's just really hard trying to figure out when I should eat and at what times. I never know if I should eat my dinner on my lunch break, which would be at 2 AM or should I start with breakfast instead. I can never find the right balance to this solution 'cause I always end up going home after work and pigging out instead of sticking to my plan.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, exercise, and eating healthy.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : It really isn't about me looking better than someone else. It's about me being comfortable with myself and liking what I see in the mirror every morning.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A nice pair of jeans with a dressy top that doesn't show my muffin top to everyone.

kristen10 01-07-2009 01:15 PM

Screen Name: kristen10

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: I'm single, but I'm still very close with my parents and brothers and sister.

Occupation: Web designer... anyone need a website? I love to do pro bono freelance!

Hobbies and Interests: lacrosse, knitting, reading, exploring my new city

Favorite Music: tons! kings of leon, bon iver, miles benjamin anthony robinson...

Favorite Color(s): haven't really thought about this since i was a kid. blue i guess? right now i really like purple.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, free weights. i played lacrosse in college, i miss that kind of disguised workout.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to get back to my low weight of 145. I was proud of myself for getting there, but after about a year, I let myself slip. I want to run 5 miles without stopping.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I suddenly realized that I can't fit into any of my jeans, including some that not too long ago were far too big on me. It's really incredible how I managed to see something else in the mirror the whole time I was gaining weight, and the realization just hit me like a ton of bricks. "Hmm... ALL of my jeans couldn't have shrunk... I'm not bloated... OMG I GAINED 20 POUNDS!"

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise. I know that I love the feeling I get after I've worked out, I know that I love how I feel after a week, a month, 3 months of working out... but somehow my lazy brain makes me think that exercise isn't worth it. "Tomorrow will be fine.. or maybe next week. "

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Drink more water, less diet coke. 2. GO TO THE GYM 3. Eat more fresh foods instead of frozen/canned.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Ohh this is so bad! My roommate/best friend from college. We've both always struggled and competed against each other... it was partially a good motivator, partially evil (wishing for the other's downfall, rejoicing at seeing the other eat something bad). She looks great these days. I, on the other hand...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My old jeans! The day that I can pull a pair on will be heaven.

Hyacinth 01-10-2009 12:32 PM

Intro

Screen Name: Hyacinth

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: Single female with an adult child

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, cooking, socializing and meeting new people, art, outdoor stuff.

Favorite Music: I have diverse tastes but most of my favorites are obscure.

Favorite Color(s): cranberry, purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything outside, walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose weight in a non-obsessive manner (I obsessively lost 80 pounds once, but gained it all back), to be consistent about exercise (20 minutes of walking a day is a good start).

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A series of major events have created a new world for me: moved to a new house, my child moved halfway across the nation, and I was recently laid off. Gotta start somewhere!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My tendency to obsess about weight loss, not liking exercise very much, lack of discipline due to bad habits, emotional eating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercising consistently, regulating calorie intake to have roughly the same (healthy) amount every day, staying on track.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : I would only like to look better than I do right now. I often joke that I look like a Brooke Shields who let herself go, so I guess I should say I want to give Brooke a run for her money.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? An air of self-confidence that I haven't had in quite some time ... and the boxes of clothes I have that are too small and taking up space in my spare room!

accountable 01-10-2009 11:48 PM

Screen Name:[/B] accountable

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: married with 2 kids under 3

Hobbies and Interests: scrapbooking, reading, volunteering

Favorite Music: diverse but I mostly listen to contemporary christian

Favorite Color(s): burgandy

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: cardio kickboxing, step, power classes

What are your fitness/health goals? kick these last few pounds to get to 150 and continue to maintain

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? refused to start buying size 18 clothing 3 years ago and the addition of my first daughter (I want to be a good example to her in all areas of life)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? get discourage frequently; overindulge in sweets that sets off binges

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating cleaner/less sweets in particular; changing up exercise routine periodically; avoid evening snacking

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to be able to comfortably wear size 8

Vintage Glamour 01-14-2009 11:59 AM

Screen Name: Vintage Glamour

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend of 7 years, people are always asking why we don't get married. Simple answer: we will when we are ready. :)

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, Dance, Interior Design, Movies

Favorite Music: I love everything, but I must admit I am a sucker for the 80's

Favorite Color(s): I love using color every where in my life. Each room has its own theme, my favorite color category has to be green. Olive Green is one of my faves.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing, Boot Camp

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy with food and exercise.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I realized that I don't want to look at myself in the mirror without having a nervous breakdown.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Fried Foods after a night of drinking.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Cut down on my dependency of sweets, Eat more veggies, Exercise regularly

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My highschool friends, I want my boyfriend to drool :carrot:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini, Short Mini Dress to Las Vegas, and Sleeveless clothing.

sws19 01-15-2009 03:24 PM

Screen Name: sws19

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: on my way to crazy cat lady

Occupation: public health research analyst and communications specialist

Hobbies and Interests: sleeping, eating, cooking, going out with friends

Favorite Music: lots of stuff ranging from neutral milk hotel to britney spears

Favorite Color(s): uhhh. green?

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: i run. i hate it but it's the most accessible and efficient. i like skiing and ice skating but they aren't that easy to come by.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get to a point where i don't loathe my body.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? seeing myself in pictures from friends' weddings and not being able to fit into my fat clothes anymore.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? cheesy things (mexican, pizza), binge eating, booze.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? need to stop procrastinating about working out and actually have some self discipline for a change. also i need to quit binge eating.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : oh man. i can't even answer this.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini, anything, everything

dilleight 01-17-2009 07:59 AM

Screen Name: Dilleight

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: I live with my partner and our gerbils. I went out with my mum last night though and just got off the phone to my sister!

Hobbies and Interests: Travel, food, real ale, reading, telly! How boring do I sound!

Favorite Music: Blur, Dodgy, Girls Aloud, Mr Scruff, Nouvelle Vague, Franz Ferdinand, GLC, the Killers, Pulp, New order, stuff my bf and sister advise me to listen to!

Favorite Color(s): Green and blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae bo, walking.

What are your fitness/health goals? Keep up the Tae bo.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Sales shopping!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being a**ed to exercise and not eating too many pies!

1. Keeping exercise up!
2. Not eating too much chocolate
3. Drinking too much beer!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I'd like to weigh less than my bf if that counts!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? New jeans.

Sabra 01-18-2009 04:09 PM

Screen Name: Sabra

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: Married w/2 Sons

Hobbies and Interests: POGO, Reading (Books, Magazines, Message Boards, etc.), Watching TV (Movies, Law & Order, Biggest Loser, Survivor, etc.), and most important...Spending Time w/My Family

Favorite Music: Almost anything from the 80's and Country

Favorite Color(s): Green, Purple, and Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking/Treadmill...hopefully in time that will change to Running/Treadmill

To reach and stay within my weight goal range, to stop needing blood pressure medication, to become a runner

There have been many over the past few years. I'm just ready to get healthy.

Exercise...I need to be consistent.

More Exercise
More Cooking
Stay away from chocolate and fried foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
Someone I went to high school with that was, and still is, a snob.

Sleeveless Tops and Shorts

Beemer 01-18-2009 06:31 PM

Screen Name: Beemer

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: Married with Son-12 and Daughter-11

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Computer, Showing Rabbits, Breeding Birds

Favorite Music: Christian Pop/Rock

Favorite Color(s): Pink and Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running on Treadmill(did I really say that? LOL)
Stationary Recumbent Bike and Wii Fit

What are your fitness/health goals? To eat healthy and be healthy for the rest of my life!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Turning 40 and wanting to eat like I was

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating veggies

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating veggies, running, and moving more in the day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Bathing suit that doesn't cover my thighs

FaithBW 01-21-2009 12:05 AM

Screen Name:FaithBW

Age/Age Range: mid 20's

Family Life: Married with 2 year old cat

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, computer

Favorite Music: Classical, R&B

Favorite Color(s): blue (any shade)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to a healthy weight again the right way (eating right, exercising, not starving myself) and to keep my BP low.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's kinda personal but it had something to do with the hubby.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm a perfectionist and sometimes that affects me if I happen to not exercise or eat more calories than I think I should.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I can't think of three. I do need to do more strength training. I always found that hard to do consistently.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Nobody, honestly!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a nice bustier.

Cee8ee 01-21-2009 01:02 PM

Screen Name: Cee8ee

Age/Age Range: 65

Family Life: Married with 4 cats, one pooch

Hobbies and Interests: gardening, bible study, cooking,

Favorite Music: Southern Gospel

Favorite Color(s): Whatever God created

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Wlking

What are your fitness/health goals? To drop 50+ pounds, and eat healthier.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Lots of things, but basicly having only two pairs of slacks to wear, with a full wardrobe of nice smaller sizes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not eating at church. OMG we have sensational cooks.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Staying away from the computer more and keep moving. Eating smaller portions.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : :lol Susan Lucci

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A size 12 anything.

karmakitty 01-21-2009 03:37 PM

Screen Name: Karma Kitty

Age/Age Range: 20-30

Family Life: Happily Married, mother to 1 baby and 2 cats

Hobbies and Interests: camping

Favorite Music: everything, not a huge fan for country music though.

Favorite Color(s): green and black and grey and white

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: mini trampoline, yoga, step aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals? to be able to go skiing, hiking, biking, basically whatever I want to do without having to worry "am I to big to do that? " or " will I even be able to do that without passing out from exhaustion?"

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had a baby and I didn't want to be a "fat mom"

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? keeping my calories under control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more natural foods. more veggies and fruit. less processed foods

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : me right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have always wanted to buy a pair of Lucky Jeans, now I'm getting over that a little and just want to be able to buy designer jeans instead of Old Navy. You know, the ones that are sized by waist and dont normally go past a size 32 or 34.

slowie 01-23-2009 10:59 AM

Screen Name: slowie

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Married, want to have kids soon

Hobbies and Interests: math, reading, hiking, working out, health

Favorite Music: Tokio Hotel, David Bowie, NIN, Ween

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga, body-weight exercises/strength training

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose a couple more pounds (I've almost lost 50lbs) then maintain and get stronger

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I slowly gained 5 lbs a year and hitting 170 lbs I think was the big trigger for me. Also reading The Hacker's Diet made losing weight seem possible to my meticulous, mathematical mind.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting enough vegetables and keeping up with cardio. Also resisting junk food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? See above.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My former self? Not evil enough? OK, my sister.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Swimsuit!

173to120 01-24-2009 01:06 PM

Screen Name: 173to120

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: single, living with fam and working while on a diet.

Hobbies and Interests: music, food, going out, traveling, shopping, volleyball, swimming, the beach, warm weather.... reading, fashion etc.

Favorite Music: r&b, classic oldies.

Favorite Color(s): i love all the colors of the rainbow but GREEN is #1.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running/walking, and i LOVE volleyball and swimming but i dont do it much at all anymore. shame

What are your fitness/health goals? i would love to get down to the 120s and have a body that is toned/athletic... not too slim because i like having a butt and boobs LOL... i wanna still look feminine but i want to look GOOD in clothes...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? seeing my chubby self in pictures next to my girlfriends who are much slimmer than me... but more importantly there are clothes that i would LOVE to wear but feel like i shouldnt because i dont have the body for them. and thats why i decided to change. plus i feel very out of shape... whenever i walk up a flight of stairs im out of breath, yuck!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating the wrong foods and getting enough exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating healthier instead of junk, drink more water and EXERCISE more.

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) i want to look better than myself at the point im at now... i want to be a slimmer/more toned me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini on the beach!!! no more tshirts for me :D

em30001 01-26-2009 08:07 PM

Screen Name: em30001

Age/Age Range: 24

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, dancing, going out, staying in, watching movies, working out!!!

Favorite Music: Hip hop, pop

Favorite Color: Purple!

Favorite Exercise: Walking and Richard Simmons!!! Gotta love "Sweatin to the oldies"

Fitness/Health Goals: 140 lbs in my goal!

What was the trigger or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Pain in my knees, and clothes that I love not being able to fit.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Motivation

What are 3 things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? motivation, daily exercise, cutting carbs

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Everyone!! lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at your goal weight and size? Definetly a bikini!!! For the first time in my life!

mctinez 01-31-2009 07:28 PM

Screen Name: McTinez

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life: Engaged, no kids

Hobbies and Interests: Crafting, reading, hiking, going to the beach, shopping

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tennis, elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals?: I'm trying to lose ~20lbs, tone my arms, improve my fitness and be able to run for 20 minutes.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: I have no excuse NOT to get fit! My job has good hours, I have weekends off, and I want to take care of my health NOW before it becomes a problem later. I also want to look good for my wedding on August 29.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Avoiding unhealthy snacks, my sweet tooth, getting the motivation to exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Eating more vegetables, working out regularly, increasing my strength.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I want to look as good (or better) than my sister, we are doing this together so I want her to look great too!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: I'm getting a new bathing suit for the first time in 5 years, I also want to look great in my wedding dress!

Lewisempire 02-01-2009 04:37 PM

Screen Name: Lewisempire

Age/Age Range: 35 (29 at heart)

Family Life: Happily married, dog, cat. I have Nieces and nephews whom I love dearly, but not really wanting any of my own. I guess that is weird, but I know there is a lot of time and effort put in to raising a child, not sure if I want to take on that big of a responsibility.

Hobbies and Interests: Geocaching, jet skiing, walking, sewing/quilting/scrapbooking,

Favorite Music: classic rock, country, some rap now and then is ok too. It changes with my mood

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Geocaching or jetskiing, it doesn't feel like a workout, until tomorrow!

What are your fitness/health goals? 150-155#, working out to become a daily habit for me

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I woke up one day and weighed 219 pounds. Ugh, yeah I think you can stop eating now. Never ever want to see that again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? overeating in the afternoon, evening time. And my husbands junkfood habit.

overeating in the afternoon,evening time, and my husbands junkfood habit
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Anyone in town

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size I have a pair of short shorts that I wore rollerskating with my husband on our 1st date. They are sooo cute!

shellerooskie 02-01-2009 07:17 PM

Screen Name: Shellerooskie

Age/Age Range:31

Family Life: Married, no children

Hobbies and Interests: hiking, shopping, camping, anything outside when it is warm out

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cycling class, treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals?: I am going to loose 30 pounds, I would like to increase my cardio strength.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: All of the open heart patients that I take care of at work. Also, my work offered free registration at the YMCA. I thought that I would give it a try. While I was on the elliptical for 3 min and 45 sec, I thought that I was going to die. There was an older lady next to me just booking it on the elliptical. I knew then, "Crap... She is out doing me! I need to get more fit."

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: cooking meals that my husband will eat and that is also in my eating plan.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Eating more vegetables :carrot:, increasing my cardio, to work out 3 times a week

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I want to look better than myself right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: A two piece of course. :D

8675309 02-03-2009 12:39 AM

Screen Name: 8675309

Age/Age Range: Almost 20

Family Life: Single, living away from home while going to school.

Hobbies and Interests: Listening to all kinds of music, reading and watching tv.

Favorite Music: Upbeat top 40 type songs.

Favorite Color(s): Black.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical!

What are your fitness/health goals? To lower my cholesterol (cafe food got the best of me) and to be a healthier me. My main goal is to be able to fit into "regular" sizes and not have to shop at the "fat" stores.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at pictures of myself. I hate the way I look in them, I want to change that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise! I'm very unfit so its going to take me awhile to get my fitness level up. Also, I like to see instant results. I have to learn that weight loss is not an instant thing.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Keep to my food plans that I make up, stop munching when I'm not hungry and get off my butt more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I have someone in mind, but I can't tell ;)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Something from a store that my sister can shop in.

clinkenwar 02-03-2009 02:35 PM

Screen Name: Clinkenwar

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Married , 2 daughters ( 9 and almost 15)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Photography, scrapbooking,

Favorite Music: I like it all!

Favorite Color(s): depends on the day

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running, tae bo ( at least for now)

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to feel better and lose about 40-50 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been on this journey for years but it started when I reached 300 pounds.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not being able to maintain my routine

sticking with my routine, eating smaller meals more often

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I don't really have anything in mind.

QuadLuvinGurl 02-07-2009 03:27 AM

Screen Name:quadluvingurl

Age/Age Range: 25 in a few weeks!

Family Life: My golden retriever and me =)

Hobbies and Interests: riding my fourwheeler, playing Wii, enjoying time with friends and family, cooking, watching a good movie

Favorite Music: country

Favorite Color(s): orange and blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking with my dog and taekwondo

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose a total of 60lbs and change my overall eating habits. (not so much fast food)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I became frustrated buying clothes at the store and was struggling to get into my normal size.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? staying on track...I guess lack of motivation because I am doing it solo

1. Staying on top of exercise by creating a routine and not just doing it "whenever".
2. Instead of the McDonald's hamburger, have a Boca burger.
3. Not relying on the 100 cal packs, switch to more veggies like carrot sticks.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : one girl that I work with...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A halter dress!!