3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

Chemgirl22 09-02-2008 08:42 AM

Screen Name: Chemgirl22

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Single and I live alone. Rest of my immediate family is in MI and I live in FL. On my mother's side of the family all the women are severely overweight except my mom and grandmother.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, shopping, trying new restaurants with my dinner group, visiting museums, travelling.

Favorite Music: Hip-hop, R&B, Neo-soul

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The Firm dvd's, yoga, interval training on the treadmill.

What are your fitness/health goals? My short-term goal is to make it to 199, which is a 15 pound loss. My long-term goal is to get to 140-145.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Last year I got fed up and went to WW that same night. I did well on the program and lost 20 pounds, but then I left and gained it all back. What got me really fed up this last time is the fact that I know what to do, how to eat and exercise, but I've just been lazy, so I have no one to blame but myself. So now I'm putting all the things I've learned into practice.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting motivated and getting into a routine. The first few days are always the hardest, especially when it comes to exercise, but once I get in a routine I'm good.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Avoiding unhealthy foods at work, more exercise, and portion control when it comes to eating out.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My grad school friends! A lot of them haven't seen me in a while, and I want to be smaller than the last time they saw me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A two-piece swim suit! I've never worn one, even when I was 130 pounds, cause even back then I thought I was too big!

AngelMae 09-02-2008 01:21 PM

Screen Name: AngelMae

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Live with my Bf of 4 years and our 2 yr old son. And my pitbull Kitana.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, shopping, being outside.

Favorite Music: Rock

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The biggest loser workout, walking outside.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a good example for my son and be healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realizing that after I lost 36 lbs on WW that I had gained 48 back!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting into a routine and putting myself first for an hour a day.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not eating out as much, avoiding sweets and drinking more water.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? A "friend"!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts

Shannon in ATL 09-02-2008 02:26 PM

Been here almost two months and never did an intro profile...

Screen Name: Shannon in ATL, real name Shannon :)
Family Life: Married almost two years, 3 year old stepson
Hobbies & Interest: Reading, sci-fi & fantasy, lately, exercise
Favorite Music: I like a lot of different music - right now I'm listening to the Broadway Soundtracks playlist on my iPod, I also have metal, jazz, classical, 80's, country (I like the older stuff - Hank Sr., Gene Pitney, some of the more lyrical new stuff), hairband, and alternative playlists - so I'm a melting pot of music.
Favorite Color: I have no idea... Red I guess?
Favorite Exercise/Workout: Elliptical trainer, yoga - I like it, but it doesn't like me all the time.
What was the trigger incident that told me I needed to lose weight and get fit?: Out of breath carrying my laptop bag up the short flight of stairs to my office. Also, I competitive and my SIL went on a diet...
What do I struggle with the most?: 1) my OCD tendency to obsess about a specific topic until I beat it to death and give up 2) That same OCD tendency cutting my calories too low on a given day 3) not having a brownie, apple pie or onion rings every day when I go downstairs for lunch... (My office is upstairs in one of our restaurants... It is getting easier every day though...)
(Evil Motivation) Who do I want to look better than?: The previously mentioned SIL... Who is absolutely beautiful, by the way, so I'm not holding a lot of hope there... :dizzy:
What can I not wait to wear when I am at goal weight or size?: cute tops, bathing suit, the dress DH bought me for my birthday...

Shannon in ATL 09-02-2008 02:31 PM

Forgot one, well actually, combined two...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise I need to improve:
1) sodium intake
2) varying the exercises I do so I don't get accustomed to them
3) varying my meals - I eat the same thing most all the time - easier to control that way, but somewhat boring...

its4me 09-04-2008 07:38 PM

Screen Name: its4me

Age/Age Range: 49

Family Life: Married/empty nester

Hobbies and Interests:

Favorite Music: Blues, Jazz, Pop

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight and become more active and feel better.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I am a new empty nester and it is time that I start taking better care of myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Putting myself first
Drinking more Water
Control portion

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Heels
Sundress

MonteCristo 09-08-2008 12:04 PM

Screen Name: MonteCristo

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Single, living with parents and 8 younger siblings

Hobbies and Interests: Crochet, Movies, Running

Favorite Music: Oldies, Country & Western (the real stuff)

Favorite Color(s): IDK, most anything dark (fall colors)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? To pass the FBI fitness exam with flying colors, plus be able to wear whatever I want

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I decided to apply for a Special Agent position in the FBI

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I really dislike sweating, so exercise was something I avoided at all cost.

More Vegetables
Added strength training

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Who looks better than me??? :D

Hmm, I'll just have to wait and see......

Kelly46 09-08-2008 05:49 PM

Hi
I've been bouncing around this site for months. I finally started my diet today. Better late then never right? Anyway, I've looked at most of the diets and came to the conclusion that cals and exercise count. Eat less move more = wt loss. So here I am.

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly46 09-10-2008 09:54 PM

Screen Name:

Kelly46 or just Kelly

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:

single with two grown children and one grandchild.

Hobbies and Interests:

Photography, yard work, reading

Favorite Music:

Rock/blues/jazz

Favorite Color(s):

Yellow/black/brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

exercise with jackie. It's a one on one weight video. Once a day. Treadmill an hour a day.

What are your fitness/health goals?

Lose 30-40 lbs and just feel "good" again.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Trying to get a new pair of jeans. Then the weigh in at the Docs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

I get rushed. I want it to move along faster then I get bored. Also sugars.

Diet:Learn to eat healthy /exercise make time for myself and just do it/

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

My coworker (bad me)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size

My thin jeans size 7's.

rainbowstripe 09-11-2008 02:32 AM

Better late than never...

Screen Name: rainbowstripe

Age/Age Range:
coming up 22!

Family Life:
Live with my parents, sister, her fiancee on occasion and sometimes my lovely boyfriend.

Part-time retail, part-time art-student, full-time artist and dreamer

Hobbies and Interests:
art of course, film, music, gaming, reading, spending time with friends and family

Favorite Music:
anything good! indie, pop, rock.. i have varying tastes

Favorite Color(s):purple, pink, green and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:mini-trampoline work-out! :trampo:

What are your fitness/health goals? To be generally more fit, definitely to lose weight and get smaller - I'm already short, I'd like to be truely petite!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Realising I'd put on nearly 20kg (40ish pounds) without even noticing. Noticing my jeans get tighter and tighter. Knowing that I want to be able to walk around Italy when I go and not get overly tired!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating good foods - my family is constantly living on takeaways, so it's hard to change my eating habits around them, particularly when there isn't always fresh food to cook.
My weakness for french fries is also troubling :o

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?Probably working out for longer each day, not eating empty calories, and not weighing myself so often!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : This is extremelyevil - but my sister. She said she do it with me and she hasn't made even an inch of effort to change her eating habits or exercise even half of the amount I am. I want to prove to her that I'm not doing it all for nothing!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?Sexy lingerie - be proud to be half naked! Also just something as simple as jeans and a tshirt and feel comfortable in them.

flabbyblue 09-15-2008 08:45 AM

Screen Name: Flabbyblue

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Living with SO, no kids, one psychotic cat.

Hobbies and Interests: Public speaking, reading,

Favorite Music:I'm a country girl :D

Favorite Color(s):Green, yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Elliptical and long long long walks

What are your fitness/health goals?A healthy bmi, a loss of 100 pounds, and to have the energy level a 23 year old should.

It was really a normal day...it just hit me. Finally. Just because you look somewhat good for a "fat girl" doesn't mean you should keep on that way.

Motivation to exercise. It hurts my bewbs :(

I needed more veggies. I absolutely love fruits, but I was limited largely to peas, corn, and broccoli in the way of vegetables I enjoyed. I also (still) need to stop reaching for takeout menus on nights that Im tired.

My 8th grade self! Even when I was "skinny" I was skinny fat. I want to be toned this time :D

Skirts for work! I'm so tired of wearing dress slacks. I want the legs to wear cute work clothes, and cute weekend clothes.

meakulpa 09-15-2008 07:41 PM

Screen Name: meakulpa

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: married, 4 kids (12, 11, 9 and 6), and 2 pugs

Hobbies and Interests: reading, sweepstakes, video games, travel

Favorite Music: everything but rap

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to live a "normal" life without feeling tired or dragged down by my excess weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing my sister, who went from being a size 26 to a size 6!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Dealing with those inevitable small weight gains that come from time to time. It always throws me and makes me feel like binging.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Need to no longer binge eat, be aware of what I am eating, and exercise regularly.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Some really sexy lingerie!

cartp 09-17-2008 01:31 PM

Screen Name:

Cartp

Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
married , 2 grown kids, 2 grandkids

bank processor

Hobbies and Interests:
sewing, tv, laziness

Favorite Music:
Oldies (from the 70's and 80's)

Favorite Color(s):
Pink

walking

be strong / learn race walking

I saw myself in the mirror ,sitting on the edge of the guest bed...and thought ,Oh My God ,when did that happen ?

compulsive eating

desire,strength,willingness

My ex's new wife,my husbands ex wife!

Tight jeans and a tiny shirt

scalewatcher 09-19-2008 01:51 PM

Screen Name: Scalewatcher

Age/Age Range: 51

Family Life: Married, 1 son, 3 daughters, 6 grandsons, 4 granddaughters

Hobbies and Interests: Camping, walking, biking, exploring, relaxing by the pool

Favorite Music: Bluegrass Gospel

Favorite Color(s): Red, Maroon, earthtones

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthier and I want to be able to walk forever instead of being in a wheelchair.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have always had weight problems. I have lost alot of weight on various diets over the last 30 years. Now I just want to be healthy and I know that loosing weight will help.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am an emotional eater. I have PTSD and Severe Anxiety Attacks which doesn't help if you are an emotional eater.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat Breakfast,which I hate.
I need to make an effort to go for walks by myself not just when I have someone with me (PSTD).
I need to focus on moving my body and getting healthy and stop worrying about everyone else so much.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My husband's old girlfriend.

I can't wait to wear clothes that are not plus sizes. I would love to wear a size 10-12 again.

Thelmissa 09-19-2008 10:35 PM

Screen Name: Thelmissa, it's my friend's nickname for me, my actual name is Thelma.

Age/Age Range: I'm 18

Family Life: Single, live at home, college student. Hopefully live away from home college student next year. :p

Hobbies and Interests: I'm currently a politics nerd, but that's useless here I see lol, I love music of almost any kind, looove reading, occasionally I get involved in a good cross-stitch pattern.

Favorite Music: Pop, hip-hop, rap, r&b, rock, country, etc. etc.

Favorite Color(s): Red and blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking/attempting to jog

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to walk long distances/play sports without being winded.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When a doctor told me I was borderline diabetic, definitely scared me. lol

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My entire family are overweight, and have a strong emphasis on food-related get-togethers. >_<

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat more vegetables and fruits, and I need to start doing more exercise in general.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Oooo hmmm. I can't think of anyone I want to look better than, but I want to look as good as my mom did when she was my age. She was GORGEOUS, sadly she struggled with keeping her weight down so she always thought she looked horrible. Everyone says we're carbon copies of each other though so I hope it's possible.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts! And cute summer dresses.

ellieflorida 09-20-2008 12:14 PM

*Screen Name: ellieflorida

*Age/Age Range: 16

*Family Life:
live at home with both of my parents, and my little sister

student in highschool

*Hobbies and Interests:
art, photography, music, journaling, reading, painting

*Favorite Music:
I really dig bands like Death Cab for Cutie, Tegan and Sara, Copeland, Dashboard Confessional, Brighten etc

*Favorite Color(s): blue, purple, greens, yellows, oranges

*Favorite Exercise/Workouts: weight regime (triceps, biceps, quads, obliques, calves), and running/jogging/walking

*What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to be able to run 3miles or more without getting exhausted. I want to HAVE to buy new clothes, and I'd like to loose a lot of body fat, replaced with lean muscle tissue

*What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I just remember growing up and my mom was constantly on diets, slim fast, south beach, nutrisystem, atkins, you name it, she's probably tried it. i always heard her look in the mirror and say my thighs are fat, my stomach's fat i wish this i wish that, and i remember looking in the mirror and mimicking that, and i started believing it. as a child i was a little chubby, and i remember after i moved to a new city ,riding my bike around, (there are these nice trails where i live), and i was probably 12 or 13, and some kid ran alongside me on the street when i was on the trail, calling me fat, over and over again. needless to say, i cried and cried. i went through eating disorders, yo-yoing up and down on my weight, i'm here now to not do this quickly, but to do this right and adopt good eating habits

*What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
not going to the gym! or skipping meals

*What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
-go to the gym as often as i can!
-no skipping meals
-no snack junk foods

*(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
hmm i want to look better than this friend of mine! wow that does sound evil ;)

*What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
shorts, tank tops, A BIKINI

momof4boys 09-22-2008 02:33 PM

Hi Everyone,
I've been reading and decided to introduce myself. I am a mother of 4 boys.
I've been calorie counting since August 1 and have been pretty successful with a loss of 21 pounds. I have 50 more to go... but off to a good start.

Every night when I am tempted to eat more I read this forum instead!

So thank you all for great reading and encouragement.

clewles81 09-22-2008 06:19 PM

*Screen Name: clewles81

*Age/Age Range: 27

*Family Life: I have a husband and a soon to be three year old boy

*Occupation: I work part-time in the ER 3rd shift every other weekend

*Hobbies and Interests: I love decorating my home and researching things on the internet.

*Favorite Music: I love all kinds of music pop, rap, dance, techno, country,
80s...all of it!

*Favorite Color(s): red

*Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I really dont' have a favorite exercise but I walk on the treadmill and do a taebo video

*What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to stay active with my little boy.

*What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I guess it was when the doctor told my mom that she was a diabetic and that she could try and control it with exercise and diet but the damaged was done and one day she WILL have to take medicine to control it no matter how healthy she will be. I don't want to cause damage like that to my body and want to try and get healthy before its to late.

*What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle with exercise routine and staying on diet

*What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Control, Self Esteem, Will Power

*(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : A co-worker

*What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything thats not in the "plus size" department

healtheeme 09-23-2008 02:15 PM

Screen Name: healtheeme

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: Married with 3 young kids.

Occupation: Work at home Mom; own my own business (commercial and technical writing)

Hobbies and Interests: reading, journaling, hiking (pre-kids, haven't done it much since having them!)

Favorite Music:classic rock

Favorite Color(s): purple

The Firm DVDs - I do a 12 week rotation using the DVDs

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose the last 22 pounds leftover from having kids; To become strong, fit and healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? For exercise, it was just one day where I couldn't stand the jiggling feeling of my body anymore. For weight loss, it's just being so darned tired of having clothes that are too tight, and finally having to admit to myself that exercise alone is not helping me lose weight.

Eating/snacking too much. I don't deal well at all with feeling even the slightest bit hungry.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not eating empty calories, not eating whenever food is within eyesight, and eating fewer sweets!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? ????

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans - and having them be loose and comfortable.

mandy cat 09-24-2008 04:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: mandy cat

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Husband, Cheney; daughter, Rowan (4); 3 kitties and 1 dog!

Occupation: Office Manager of a veterinary clinic, cosmetologist, medical transcriptionist (looking for a job doing that from home!)

Hobbies and Interests: I love to read, start art projects I rarely finish, and spend time with my family.

Favorite Music: Punk, hip hop, rock, cheesy stuff.

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I go to Curves, and love to ride bikes with my husband (my daughter is still a little slow on her bike! :D ). I do the occasional Denise Austin video, as well.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds--I have gained about 5 pounds in the last 2 months, and haven't really lost any body fat, although I have lost inches. This has all started since I rejoined Curves in June. This does concern me greatly! :mad:

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? After I hit 27, it all went downhill!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I absolutely love to eat! It used to be a harmless hobby, until recently!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to control my portions, and stop the constant grazing!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself, at this moment! I want to get back to the way I was....

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Nothing! :o

RangerChic 10-06-2008 02:01 PM

Screen Name: RangerChic

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: single, with 3 birdies

Hobbies and Interests: writing, photography, reading, working out

Favorite Music: rock & pop mostly

Favorite Color(s): blue & black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, biking, BL workout videos

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight and be healthier, eat cleaner

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? seeing myself in a photo from last month, yicks!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating within my calorie limits and making sure I workout 5 days a week

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more variety in my eating, more protein, working out more often

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : than me right now! :)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? "skinny" jeans - I have a pair of jeans that I wore for like one summer when I was 150 and I want to wear them again

-Shannon

pittypatty 10-12-2008 10:02 AM

Screen Name: pittypatty

Family Life: Married, 1 grown son (24), 2 beautiful grandbabies, 5 & 2 and the cutest little yorkie in the world - Maggie

Hobbies & Interests: I'm always on my computer !! lol

Fav Music: Country, southern rock, oldies, I have a very wide range really

Fav Color: pink

Fav Exercise workouts: Leslie Sansone hands down and I also love the George Foreman walking ones

Fitness Goals: I started at 195.8 and I'de like to be 130 by May. 120 would be awesome !! I'm at 175.8 as of Oct 12, 2008

The trigger : A few things actually. I got to the point that when I went to bed at night I was having trouble breathing. Scary. Also my sister inlaw had the lapband procedure done in June. (Thats a story in itsself and it would probably sound petty of me to get into it. lol) Then at church a few months back, a friend of mine gave me a picture she had took of me while at a church function. Wow, talk about an awakening !!! I cried and cried over that pic.

Struggle with: Cheating when I know I shouldn't and exercising like I should.

3 Improvements: Not cheating as much, exercising more and not being so obsessed with the scale

Evil Motivation: Looking better than my sister inlaw who had the lap band !!

What can I not wait to wear: Cute "little" dresses

Msmia 10-14-2008 10:14 AM

My Introduction

Screen Name: MsMia

Age/Age Range: mid 30s

Family Life: Engaged, 2 toddlers

Hobbies and Interests: Weightloss, Fitness, Nutrition, Crafting, Reading, Cooking

Favorite Music: R&B, Gospel, Christian, Disney Songs

Favorite Color(s): Purple (all variations)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dance Cardio

What are your fitness/health goals? To get down to 120s, be a better role model for my kids and get them to eat better and love to exercise

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Standing on the scale and seeing that I weigh as much as I did when I was nine months pregnant and my mom being diagnose with diabetes a couple of months ago

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating right and finding time to workout

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, sweets, and liquid candy

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : I just want to look so good that everyone will not believe that is me and be an example for my daughter and a sexy vixen for my man

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My wedding dress

eilla05 10-18-2008 09:51 PM

Screen Name:
eilla but call me Allie
Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
SAHM to one 15month old son
SAHM
Hobbies and Interests:
Scrapbooking, reading, playing with my son
Favorite Music:
Anything but gospel/christian
Favorite Color(s):
Green
treadmill and weights
To loose 50lbs and be in overall better shape inside and out
My son, I want to be able to enjoy his childhood
following through, im the type of person who will do something hard core for a few months and then just stop out of boredom.
Portion size, intensity of workouts,eating more veggies
a few of my friends
smaller jeans and a smaller bra :)

inspired by you 10-19-2008 10:01 PM

Screen Name:Inspired by you

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: married, 3 grown step kids one 4 yo son mine and dh

Hobbies and Interests: television, i love it, bad i know; reading, crime stories and stephen king; and my new hobbie, exercise, i love it!

Favorite Music:rock, alternative, classic rock

Favorite Color(s):green, black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: everything at Curves for Women. the whole routine is mindless. I can do it and not feel like a lost idiot.

What are your fitness/health goals? i would love to go to a regular gym and not feel like an idiot. i want more than what i think Curves can offer, but time will tell. I would also like to run a marathon, if only a half thats better than nothing.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I believe I owe it all to my skinny young neighbor. We both recently moved across the street from each other (she moved in 4 days after I did). we met through our kids, at the park. we started hanging out together and she asked if i wanted to go to curves with her and at first i said i couldnt afford it. I went home that night and told DH about the conversation and he asked why I couldnt afford it. I didnt have an answer. I'm just use to saying that (another one of those habits that are hard to break)...lol...so i joined curves with her and i felt great and wanted to see results from all the hard work i was doing so i started trying to eat better ( i say trying cause i'm still not sure what i'm doing and whats good and whats not). now the pounds are coming off. I just started September 22 so my first official measure and weigh is wednesday so we'll see but so far its looking good. (that was long, i'm sorry)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? still certain foods that i get a whiff of and crave. Not sure if i'm eating enough or of the right amounts of everything.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? i need to learn how to eat properly and how to count calories. I'm doing better but still have no idea what i'm doing.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : never really thought about it. but maybe my young skinny neighbor with a body fat of 13.6. hahaha...maybe not...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? all the cute tops that are out there...they seem to make all the tops fitted these days and i sure cant wear those, so big t shirts and sweat shirts it is

plumpnursy 10-22-2008 04:52 PM

Family: I have an awesome husband with three step kids.
Hobbies and interest: I love to read and clean.
Music: This is changing. I am starting to really like country.
Favorite color: pink and purple.
Favorite exercise: I really don't have one.
Health/ fitness goals: To not get out of breath so easily
What was the "trigger" to making me decide to lose weight? My brothers upcoming wedding.
(evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Fergie & the cute girls I work with!
What can you not wait to wear when you are at your goal weight or size?
Anything not in the plus size. I want to look great as a bridesmade!!!

cinlo 10-27-2008 09:04 PM

Screen Name:cinlo

Age/Age Range:41

Family Life:Married with 2 boys (2 1/2 & 15 mos.)

Hobbies and Interests:Shopping, Reading, Cooking (not good for weight loss), Gardening

Favorite Music:I like lots of different varieties but have no ear for identifying artists or songs. DH always makes fun of me.

Favorite Color(s):Green & Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking

What are your fitness/health goals?To jog 2 miles easily, get toned

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well, it happens almost daily when I see someone smaller than me or I see older pics of myself or I see my skinny clothes in my closet. I just haven't been able to commit to long term weight loss/fitness.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Commitment! Snacking

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drinking more water, exercising 5x each week regardless of circumstances, cutting out sugar

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one in particular, just more like my old self

Sarahkatt 10-28-2008 03:50 PM

Hey

Screen Name: Sarahkatt

Family Life: Married have kiddies!

Hobbies and Interests: Music. online gaming. Reading. Working out.

Favorite Music: Rock

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: 30 day shed!!!

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose 70 pounds in a bout 13 months.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I stopped smoking and want to be fit for myself and my family. I can doet!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? FOOD. I love it!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Watching my snacks at night. Soda. Not enough water.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I would like to look as good as christina Agrulara

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sexy clothes of any kind!

KRy172 10-29-2008 05:02 PM

Screen Name: Kdog172

Family Life: Married w/three fur kids

Hobbies and Interests: Music, working out, spending time with my family

Favorite Music: A wide variety

Favorite Color(s): Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cycling classes

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose seven more pounds to make it a total weight loss of 30 pounds. And I want to keep it off!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? An overall feeling of dissatisfaction with myself.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating at night, being around food in places other than my house

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Balancing my food groups and doing more weight training.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Julianne Hough

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini on my Mexican vacation.

thinkerbell 10-31-2008 06:17 PM

Screen Name: Thinkerbell

Age/Age Range: 40's...the new 30!

Family Life: married with child x 2

Hobbies and Interests: Artist's Way..writing....reading....LOA

Favorite Music: All

Favorite Color(s):All...working with 2nd chakra orange at the moment

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking in a near-by park, zumba, dancing with my i-pod, yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 1.5 lbs/week 'til 155!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Artist's Way morning pages

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? stick-to-it-ness

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? awareness, awareness, awareness

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ah, we are all Be-You-To-Full

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my black never worn ballroom dancing dress!

Blinky963 11-07-2008 01:23 AM

Screen Name:Blinky963

Age/Age Range:34

Family Life:living with my boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests:creating things/ Knitting, art, reading, photography, cooking..

Favorite Music:These days it's either mellow modern folk or heavy club/ dance

Favorite Color(s):fire/ fall colors... really I like them all, even the weird ones.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, dance, yoga, cardio DVDs

What are your fitness/health goals?To get healthy, maybe even get down to 145 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My back hurt all the time and i was moving into a size 24, after that even the "plus size" stores can't help you. I was just miserable and disappointed in myself.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Temptation; to sleep in instead of work out, to eat some of my boyfriends cookies, to not journal for a day then I realize it's been 4 days since I've written in my journal.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. I need to get back into my routine. 2. I need to be better about my journal (cal/fat book) 3. I need to give myself credit for the good work I've done. I have lost 77 pounds in the last 10 months

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Me- last year!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I just can't wait to shop in the regular size store- I'm on the edge right now.

Sarah C0nn0r 11-15-2008 11:39 PM

Screen Name: Sarah C0nn0r

Age/Age Range: 40's

Family Life: Married, 2 sons, 2 cats, 2 big thighs.

Hobbies and Interests: Home Improvement / Furniture Refinishing

Favorite Music: I love it all but lately I'm obsessed with Immogen Heap

Favorite Color(s): Reds, purples

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To get back down to my previous weight loss weight from a few years ago.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm finally in the right mental state to do this. My coworkers have been dieting all around me off and on for the past year, but I just was not ready yet. I had lost my father to a horrible battle with cancer, I just started a new job, and my marriage wasn't as stable as I would have liked. These 3 major life stresses kept me from being able to commit to a weight loss journey.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have a great deal of pain in my hips and thighs this time around. It's arthritis. Yay. If I get too much exercise, I find myself in a great deal of pain for days on end. So I need to find that happy medium - enough to lose weight steadily, but not so much as to cause such pain.

Portion control. Exercise (see above) sticking to the journey and maintaining after

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I just want to look and feel my best for the age I am

I have the coolest pair of black dress pants with a paisly material.
And I also really miss my Black Leather Trench Coat.

pippy90505 11-16-2008 12:20 AM

Screen Name: pippy90505

Age/Age Range: 36

Family Life: take care of my 5 year old daughter and rainbow my cat and also hubby jerome

Hobbies and Interests: golfing and want to learn how to knit again

Favorite Music: almost everything except for rap

Favorite Color(s): metalic grey

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: swimming, running on treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? 1st loose the 35 pounds and stay active and healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my arthritis is hurting and I know if I loose the weight it will help not hurt so much

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? just need to eat right and get up and exercise and do it.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eat more vegetables and just get active.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my friend here in ca.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini haven't worn one since I was like 16 years old, and I'm 36 right now.:carrot:
__________________[/QUOTE]

southerngrl 11-17-2008 08:01 PM

Hi,

I've been a member for awhile, but never did the proper introductions :)

Screen Name: southerngrl

Call me Andrea

Family Life/Occupation: SAHM to 1 child

Goal: To feel healthier and be able to wear whatever I want (mostly).

Struggles: portions, exercise

Evil Motovation: To be in a closer weight range to my 2 closest friends.

jamiemarie922 11-18-2008 11:09 PM

My name is Jamie

Screen Name:jamiemarie922

Age/Age Range: I am 28 and I'm from GA

Family Life: Right now I am currently dating someone in the army. I live close to my parents and my younger sister.

Occupation: I am a full-time grad student entering my final semester for my Master of Education Degree. I currently have a job as an assistant at one of the departments here. I work for three evil ladies.

Hobbies and Interests: Not much time for them but I like to read, watch documentaries and the food network.

Favorite Music: Pretty much will listen to anything:carrot:

Favorite Color(s): I like red!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like walking or I will hop on an elliptical and go to town

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy. Diabetes runs in my family. I also want a sense of self-worth and control back. There are some days after being talked down to at work, where I kind of feel worthless:(

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well I have lost and gained so much however, this time, I am gaining past 230's again which is something I said I would never do.:(

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have digestive issues. There are alot of things I can't tolerate such as wheat. My stomach also growls all the time so it's hard to tell if I am hungry or if it's just irritated.

Better calorie control, an exercise routine, my attitude towards food

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to lose weight so that I know I will look better than the three mean old women I work for. Heh heh!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

diamond_girl 11-19-2008 08:22 AM

Screen Name: Diamond_Girl

Age/Age Range: egad, I'm going to be 40 in 6 months

Family Life: married with two boys

Hobbies and Interests: horse back riding

Favorite Music: alternative

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I don't do structured workouts, I like to walk and do hiking, I have to have something to look at, LOL

What are your fitness/health goals? I lost my weight back in 2005, but I regained that stubborn 10 pounds which I am trying to lose before we go to florida.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? OMG... when I sat on the toilet and my stomach was resting on the tops of my thighs

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Because all but one of my co-workers are overweight (or obsese) and I want to show them that losing weight can be done.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm already at my goal size (4), but they are a little to tight, so would like them to fit better.

When I started here, I was at 184, I lost that weight and got down to 142, I am up to 155, and I would like to get back to 145.

Angela

Piiper33 11-19-2008 08:29 AM

Screen Name: Piiper33

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Living with Boyfriend of 7 yrs

Hobbies and Interests: video games, singing

Favorite Music: pretty much anything

Favorite Color(s): red, pink and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: riding my bike

What are your fitness/health goals? Get back down to what I was back in May - 165.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My boyfriend and I were at a Christmas party for his work and someone took our picture... I about fell out of my chair. I just never saw how fat I was, I mean, I'm not delusional - I knew I was fat - just not THAT fat. I decided then and there to do something about it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? portion size.. I always take more than I need to. And if the food tastes good I just dont want to stop eating even when I'm full.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I hate exercising! But if I can sit and watch TV while doing it.. I will. Which is why my bike works.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one really...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My wedding dress - even though it will have to be taken in now, and I don't know if we will ever get married - but I still look forward to looking beautiful in it.

taro 11-23-2008 01:19 PM

Screen Name: Taro

Age/Age Range: Mid 20's

Hobbies and Interests: Hanging out with boyfriend, just picked up crocheting

Favorite Music: I like almost any type of music but I really love classic rock

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Pilates, Yoga, Wii Fit

What are your fitness/health goals? To minimize the size of my mid section! I really want to be healthy and avoid some of the weight related health problems some of my extended family members have developed.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Whew. It seems like there have been quite a few recently, but one of the most profound incidents (albeit superficial) occurred about a year and a half ago. I won't get into specifics, but I saw an old boyfriend and the look on his face really affected me. While not trying to be hurtful, he made a comment about how different I looked, and I knew exactly what he meant.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I tend to "reward" myself too much. If I eat well for a few days I want to give myself a treat. I need to not do this too often.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I would love to incorporate a cardio exercise into my routine.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Honestly, I would like to look better than myself in the last couple of pictures I have taken.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A smaller bra size would be fantastic!!!!

negrita75 11-25-2008 03:48 PM

Introduction - Hello there

Screen Name: negrita75

Age/Age Range: 29 - 38

Family Life: Living with a partner no kids

Hobbies and Interests: hiking, travelling and films

Favorite Music: all types

Favorite Color(s): red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: when I have time aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 30 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my clothes getting too small and not feeling confident with my body

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? the sweet things

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating a balance meal.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my hair dresser

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

CassyCat 11-29-2008 08:40 PM

Screen Name: CassyCat, but you can call me Cassy

Age/Age Range: 20 =)

Family Life: I live with both my parents.

Hobbies and Interests: Anything computer related (hence my laziness) I love animals, and meeting people.

Favorite Music: Anything industrial, and i love techno.

Favorite Color(s): Pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Eh, None really. but if i had to choose something, it would be my wii fit.

What are your fitness/health goals? 130 here i come!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm always wanting to lose weight, but i figure, now is THE time damnit.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle with being afraid I still wont like myself when i reach my goal.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I would like to improve my motivation factor for exercising. I'd like to also be able to happily eat healthy food without feeling deprived. And i cant think of anything else lol

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister. I never have, but I will. =)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Size 6!

dmc2009 11-29-2008 09:54 PM

Hi, I guess I should intro myself huh? ;-)

Screen Name: dmc2009

Age/Age Range: 48

Family Life: single, one DD age 9

Hobbies and Interests: hiking, gym, golf

Favorite Music: mellow

Favorite Color(s): black and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Gym Class

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 20 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My tummy is getting out of control and I don't feel cute and sexy anymore!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating way too much at night.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop the out of control hoover!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone my age at work!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A little black evening dress