3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

LadyCregga 12-30-2005 03:01 PM

Screen Name: LADYCREGGA

Age/Age Range: 32.5

Family Life: MARRIED WITH PETS

Hobbies and Interests: SEWING, GARDENING, PHOTOGRAPHY,FISHING, CANOEING

Favorite Music: 80'S HAIR BANDS, JIMMY BUFFETT, MOTLEY CRUE, ALTERNATIVE, LORENNA MCKINNITT

Favorite Color(s): BLACK, JEWEL TONES

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: BELLY DANCE, YOGA

What are your fitness/health goals? TO LOSE WEIGHT TO FEEL BETTER

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? WHEN I WENT SHOPPING AND I COULDN'T FIND ANY THING TO FIT ME

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? MY HUBBY

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? EAT LESS, EXCERSISE MORE, GET OFF MY *** AND MOVE

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : CAN'T SAY

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? CLOTHES THAT ARE TIGHT ON PURPOSE!!!!

kittiebabyh 12-30-2005 09:27 PM

Screen Name:kittiebabyh

Age/Age Range:26 going on 27

Family Life:have a hubby and a 5 year old son

Hobbies and Interests:going out and having fun

Favorite Music:rock and country

Favorite Color(s):green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:leslie sansone and denise austin

What are your fitness/health goals?to be healthier and weigh 120 to 130

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? just saw myself in a picture and decided to lose weight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?to fight the urge to eat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? excercise more, eat healthier, just take it day by day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : nobody just better than I do now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a nice dress suit

DebraAnn1955 01-02-2006 08:37 PM

My Intro

Screen Name: DebraAnn1955

Age/Age Range: 50

Family Life: Married

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, internet, make-up.

Favorite Music: Oldies from the 60's, 70's.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose 50 pounds this year.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I started a new job that requires more physical activity. I am also tired of being over weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise and planning meals.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Better planning and just taking the time to exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one really, I just want to be my best self.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Real jeans (zipper instead of elastic waist) and a pretty pair of boots with them.

JustJuneBug 01-03-2006 12:21 PM

Screen Name: JustJuneBug

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: Single

Occupation: Software Division of Fortune 500 company; been here for 18 years

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, reading, movies, running

Favorite Music: any music at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love LOVE music :carrot:

Favorite Color(s): pink; lavender

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running 4-5 miles every other day; 2 miles and circuit training other days, with 1 day off a week

What are your fitness/health goals? I only want to lose about 4 lbs to be honest, or at least to wear my 6's are baggy even after a day of not watching what I eat.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have struggled with weight off and on all my life. up till July of 2004 I had no issues though. Then I gained about 10 lbs in a month. Diagnosis after about 6 months of not eating and exercising to death: hypothyroid. Now I am getting better but I cant seem to lose anymore at all. Time for another dr appt.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I feel healthy already. I guess that I cant accept that at 42 I cant be like I use to be.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Well I guess there arent any. I have already quit drinking for the most part (after my skiing vacation starting tomorrow) and I am trying to quit smoking.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Not better than anyone, but I would like to just be the "old me" again.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini again

flowergirl2005 01-03-2006 07:40 PM

Screen Name: marielenrdz

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: married 13 years, son-8yrs old, daughter-6yrs old

Hobbies and Interests: I'm pretty boring...not many hobbies or interests besides kids, husband, home and work. I play Nintendo games with my son a lot! My daughter and I do our hair together and color a lot!

Favorite Music: Pretty much anything....love rock music (Staind, 3 Doors Down, Nickleback, Third Eye Blind, etc)....love soft rock oldies (Bread, Commodores, Bee Gees, anything seventies) I'll pretty much listen to any type of music

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Purple, Light Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Giliad, kickboxing, anything that doesn't involve a lot of fancy footwork...I have two left feet!

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 60 pounds and be able to feel good, healthy, and fit.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My whole life since the birth of my children has been full of ignored "triggers". I finally lost 40 pounds a year ago but still have sixty pounds to go. I hit a wall last March when my brother in law died of cancer and haven't gotten back on track since. My latest trigger was the ringing in of the new year. I plan to really do it this time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Will Power and Motivation to excercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to drink more water, excercise regularly, and stop snacking on convenient junk food.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The other ladies I work with...and my sister who has always gotten all the attention as the supposed prettiest one of us!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny jeans!

cat19lover85 01-04-2006 04:23 PM

Screen Name: Cat19lover85

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Engaged and have 4 kids(3 cats and 1 dog!;) )

Hobbies and Interests:Anything artistic, and cooking

Favorite Music:Pop, rock, Rap , anything basically

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Black, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dunno yet just started

What are your fitness/health goals? to become healthier and to lose this weight that is dragging me down.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I realized was barley able to fit into my size 18 jeans and the fact that i used to "Do Things " alittle better 2 years ago with my fiance and now we have NO sex life...:(

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Balancing Work , working out, and home life. Also everyday i struggle with the fact if i don't lose this weight i may lose the ability to have children and It is killing me. The depression is also very difficult to get through. I have no one towork out with and this has been my excuse for years! I am just plain fed up!!!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, Motivation and I am a Picky Eater!!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Angilina Jolie

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts, Tank tops, Skirts Anything tight fitting, AND I WANT TO WEAR A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DRESS AT MY WEDDING!!!

SillyFluff 01-04-2006 10:42 PM

Screen Name:Silly Fluff

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life: Live-in boyfriend of 2.5yrs and 4 cats

Occupation:Instructor at a parent/child developmental play center

Hobbies and Interests: Crafts (ALL KINDS)

Favorite Music: DMB, Norah Jones, Shakira, John Mayer (don't know what music type that is)

Favorite Color(s):Any kind of blue...especially like an aqua or a tourquiose (Man did I murder that or WHAT)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walk. Me and my boyfriend walk daily. Its our US time. I also like that Carmen Electra Strip tease video...

What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight and tone up

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My boyfriend's uncle made a remark about it at dinner one evening. Thing is, what he said wasnt really true. I don't eat. Its not that I eat ALOT, its that I don't eat the right things.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating the right things in the right portion at the right times

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Walking daily again like we used to, eating right like i was starting to, and not look down if i can only do so much

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Those skanky girls i see on tv with a paper-thin waist

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Short skirts. Actually, to be honest I just cant wait to get into normal size clothes that I can get in any regular ladies department. I'm tired of shopping in the PLUS size department.

Donophanf 01-08-2006 01:58 PM

Screen Name: Donophanf

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Married, 4 years, with a cat.

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Books, Cooking

Favorite Music: Openminded - I'll listen to anything good!

Favorite Color(s): Rust, Gold, Neutral Tones

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Back down to my pre-college weight, with a personal diet that I can stick with for a long time.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My rapidly shrinking wardrobe!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Time, Time, Time! I drive 130 miles a day round-trip to work, throught the 4th worst traffic in the country, and I work 10-12 hours! I do not have time to work out, cook healthy meals, and still sleep! I leave my house at 5:30 am and do not return home til 8pm.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Intelligent meals on the go (see above schedule)!
Any exercise that I can stick with - again in my schedule.
Knowledge about the problem - whats really healthy, and whats just hype?

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : EVERYONE!! (Im a terribly competitive person :o)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini with confidence!!

spagirl 01-12-2006 10:25 PM

Screen Name:Spagirl

Age/Age Range:35

Family Life:Married 16 yrs, 3 beautiful children.

Hobbies and Interests:reading,aerobics

Favorite Music:Pop,christian

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:running, boxing

What are your fitness/health goals?I am aiming for a healthier lifestyle with healthier food choices and increased daily exercise. I want a healthy heart and more energy to enjoy life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? a co-worker told me "dont eat that dessert..you need to eat something healthier"...i took this personally since she just lost 15lbs herself. It really hurt my feelings yet woke me up!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being consistent everyday with diet and exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
choosing healthier food choices...especially in the sweets category! being patient regarding my strength level....I try to push myself too hard exercising especially running( which I now have a hurt knee!)....to not be shy infront of others exercising...I worry people will laugh at me because I am very uncoordinated.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : a really good friend of mine...and only because she is always saying how beautiful she is. It is really annoying sometimes.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?form fitting tops!

Lilin 01-13-2006 08:29 AM

Screen Name: Lilin

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Husband,1 dog, and 3 cats

Hobbies and Interests: Pixel art/Dolling, collecting faeries,movies,concerts

Favorite Music: Metal,80's,70's/80's metal ,rock, and punkrock

Favorite Color(s): black,purple, and blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: hahaha! are you kidding? i just started. i walk a lot now(when my back will permit)
What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight and feel better physically

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? all the current problems health problems i am having and that if i dont i would never be able to try to have another child

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? i will probably struggle with everything at first

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? i havent started yet

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : me 3 yrs ago when i was in a size 12..i miss those clothes they are in the closet collecting dust with hopes of being worn again....i have some sizes 8's in there for motivation that i look at everyday

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? anything cute! i wear pajamas most of the time becasue i only have one pair of jeans i can wear and 2 concert tshirts.

Siena1383 01-15-2006 10:43 AM

Screen Name: Siena1383

Age/Age Range: 46

Family Life: single

Hobbies and Interests: reading, day hiking, um... lotsa things I have no time to do, like crafts, historic preservation, genealogy, book discussion groups

Favorite Music: classic rock

Favorite Color(s): pink, lavender, scarlet, neon blue, ice blue, moss green, silver

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, am trying to get back into yoga and t'ai chi, am exploring qi gong

What are your fitness/health goals?
Weight: The first goal is just to lose 15 pounds, to fit into some clothes one size down. The ultimate goal for now is 120 pounds, which I'll adjust up or down once I'm somewhere near there and can see how I look and feel.

Health: In medical tests for unrelated symptoms, the doctors found a mass of fat either next to my heart or wrapped around it. My heart is fine, but this sounds pretty scary to me. I'd like to get that outta there! Losing weight will also relieve some medical problems that aren't otherwise treatable. I'd like to get to where doctors don't have to see past the weight to see what's actually wrong, and if losing the weight will resolve any of those things, so much the better!

Fitness: My energy level is terrible. I used to be able to walk miles every day without thinking about it. I've built back up to where I can do 3 miles, but then I have to nap for 3 hours afterward. At work, I'm sluggish a lot. I've always been weak in the arms. I've never been fast or well coordinated.

So my plan is to do gentle workouts until some weight is off, then add exercises and power up gradually. Walking 20 minutes a day during my lunch hour, weightlifting with my 3 lb. dumbbells at home, basic yoga stretches and my qi gong DVD to start. I have free passes to Curves and Ballys. The Ballys is for NOW, before I'm really ready for a gym, but if I can find some workout clothes I may go just to use their equipment. I just want to avoid strenuous cardio until I've lost a chunk of weight.

Ultimate fitness goals are to be up to 10 lb. freeweights, to be able to run 2 miles, to become limber and balanced enough for an intermediate yoga class, to have the stamina to make it through the day alert and energetic.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
No special thing. Health concerns, the fact that my appearance affects how my boss and coworkers relate to me at work (and that this affects my prospects re job security), the lack of a social life...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Are you kidding? My neverending appetite! It's not a matter of filling up on veggies, though that helps. I have no willpower at all.

1. willpower/mindset
2. following my meal plans.
3. doing my workouts

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself, now. I don't know that I have the potential to ever look better than someone gorgeous, but I have a vision in my mind of an ideal me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
clothes made of real materials with no stretch stuff in them.

fruitster 01-15-2006 07:32 PM

Screen Name: fruitster

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: married for almost 10 yrs (april 2006). we have one cat who is 6 yrs old

Hobbies and Interests: travel, reading, writing, volunteering

Favorite Music: mostly alternative music, but will listen to just about anything

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to swim, but am too afraid to put on a bathing suit these days. I joined Curves last week and I'm really enjoying it.

What are your fitness/health goals? If it's possible, I'd like to get to 135. I'll be thrilled if I can get to 140.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My 39th birthday last month. I see being 40 years old as my mid-life point, and I don't want to go into that era being unhealthy. I know the likelihood of health problems due to being overweight only increase as I age, so I really want to change my habits.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food! I love all kinds, which is both a benefit and a disadvantage. I love all things that are good for me, like fruits and vegetables. But I also love all the nasty things like pizza, fast-food and treats.

1. Try not to be obsessive. I've only just started, but I worry about getting discouraged if I have a bad day, or freaking out if we go out to dinner.
2. I need to change my attitude about exercise, from "I've got to do it" to "I want to do it."
3. Stop weighing myself every day!

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self! There's no one in my life, or in the media, with whom I compare my body.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? All clothes!

Robsia 01-16-2006 08:34 AM

Screen Name: Robsia

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: In a LTR with one daughter aged 4. Oh, and 2 cats.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Star Trek, Anne McCaffrey, Terry Pratchett, writing.

Favorite Music: Anything after about 1750.

Favorite Color(s): Red, Maroon, Purple, Lilac

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I used to go weight-training and would like to go back when I lose a bit of weight. Also do some gentle swimming and cycling with my daughter. Right now I'm doing an ancient Lydia Campbell video about 3 times a week. I've also just bought a DVD called "Exotic Dancing for the Every Day Woman" which should be a fun alternative, but I haven't tried it yet.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be a British size 12, that size 10 in the US. I was a 12 for a whole summer in 1997 and I'd like to get back there and stay there!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Icky Christmas 'fat' pics

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I tend to snack a lot in the evenings so, rather than deprive myself, I've allocated myself a couple hundred evening calories so I can have healthy snacks like fruit and yoghurts.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, eat less, drink less alcohol. I haven't actually drunk at all since I started my diet but I probably had a bit too much than was good for me before. I rather like Amaretto!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister, but she's a size 8 so it'll never happen!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sexy short dress!

LynneA 01-16-2006 10:19 AM

Screen Name: LynneA

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: married, no children but am "mum" to 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 goats and approx. 20 chickens.

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, computers, computer gaming (I'm a geek at heart!), reading, collecting china, chickens!

Favorite Music: I love love love 80's music, big rock fan also. Fave bands Faith No More (fave band of all time probably), Guns n Roses, U2, Madonna, lordy I could go on. My husband calls me an audiophile and I'll listen to pretty much anything, well other than boy bands and for some reason Journey.

Favorite Color(s): Purple, Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, lunges, swimming.

What are your fitness/health goals? To get my BMI down to "normal" (currently at "obese"). To lose 40 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got married three years ago, moved to the USA from England and spent my first year at home as a housewife. During that time I put on a heck of a lot of weight, was cooking for myself and husband so could cook what I wanted and frequently did! I knew I was putting weight on but felt ok with it. Then I decided one day to get weighed and when the scales said 208 lbs I almost died. It was then, 2 years ago that I decided I had to lose weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Will Power and Motivation to excercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to see results in order to keep on with my plan. When I stop losing weight I think why am I bothering? and immediately fall off the wagon. I had a plateau last year that lasted 4 months. FOUR! It shattered me and I just gave up going to the gym, convinced I wouldn't lose any more weight. Exercising does not come naturally to me so I really need to push myself every time I go to the gym. I also need to drink water more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousin who is also my best friend omgosh I can't believe I am so wicked lol. Seriously, she started losing weight at the same time as me and so far has lost more. Therefore I need to keep up!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny hipster jeans!

daizyduke 01-17-2006 09:24 AM

Laurs Intro

Screen Name: daizyduke
Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: boyfriend of 5 yrs, 1 furson (Biloxi, my 1 yr old hurricane katrina evaucuee papillon mix)

Occupation: just graduated from nursing school, about to take the NCLEX, then hopefully work in an eating disorders unit

Hobbies and Interests: working out, magazines, movies, being with my friends (now that I graduated and am 1000 miles away from all my friends, this is hard to do),

Favorite Music: country, rock

Favorite Color(s): yellow, pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, the firm super cardio, walk away the lbs 4 mile walk,

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 20 lbs, to wear a size 8 loosely

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? it's been ongoing

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? binging on carbs

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eat less carbs, eat less at night, workout 5x a week

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my former self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size: a bathing suit, and be comfortable

grapecoffee 01-17-2006 11:39 AM

Screen Name:Grapecoffee

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: husband and 2 children ages (7) and (5)

Hobbies and Interests:knitting, sewing, reading, tv

Favorite Music: anything really, I am not a music-y person. Something I can dance to.

Favorite Color(s):yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like the Crunch Dance Party, and my treadmill. Pop in a movie and I will walk until it's over.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get back to my pre baby weight at least. I don't want to shop at Lane Bryant (even though I LOVE their style)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not one thing in particular, I just decided I don't want to be fat anymore. I have a few friends who are bigger than me who say I am not fat. How far into the obese side of the scale do you have to be to be fat? :lol:

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I want chocolate. That's it. I can handle anything else, but I want chocolate.

Drink more water, eat more veggies and walk a little faster on the treadmill

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I want to look better than high school ME. I was 135 in high school, and if I can be better than that, I would love it.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to wear a slinky knit top and not have a big roll in it!

BetterDays 01-17-2006 02:19 PM

I'm HERE ! ! !

Screen Name: BetterDays

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: Commited relationship for 9 years and 2 bad cats

Occupation: IT Professional (computers stink, but it pays the bills)

Hobbies and Interests: rethinking this....long story

Favorite Music: after looking in my iPod, I believe I will have to answer I like allot of allot.

Favorite Color(s): Kentucky Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'll get back to you on this one.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to hike the Grand Canyon and ride cross country on a bike

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My dad (75) died last August of a heart attack. His brother and father also died of cardiac failure, my uncle when he was 43 and my grandfather when we was 65.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Potatoes

Drink more water, eat more veggies and walk a little faster on the treadmill

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Anyone else who shows up for our 25th high school reunion

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sleeveless shirt

RandomChaos 01-17-2006 04:38 PM

Screen Name: Random Chaos; real name-Michelle

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life: married with a 3 year old and a 1 year old

Hobbies and Interests: playing online, playing games online with my husband, hanging out with friends

Favorite Music: 80's and all types of Rock

Favorite Color(s): Blue and purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: ellipitical and bowflex, pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? Feel and look healthier

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? looking at old pictures

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? emotional eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I enjoy exercising once I actually do it, it is the doing it that gets me

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All the skinny little single girls my husband works with :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sexy little shorts and tank tops-at home only ;)

grapecoffee 01-17-2006 10:21 PM

LOL betterdays you so stole my answer! Good Luck to you, maybe we can have a contest to see who can better meet the goals!

bella25 01-18-2006 01:41 PM

Screen Name: bella25; real name: Isabella

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: married with 2 boys - 7 & 4.

Hobbies and Interests: No time for hobbies (does working out count? LOL!). Interests include: interior design, sewing (ok...so this is a hobby, too, right?)

Favorite Music: new wave from the 80's (I'm showing my age now!) is my all time fave but I'm open to pretty much anything.

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cardio - spinning & elliptical. I also like weight training.

What are your fitness/health goals? Be healthier and look better at 40 than I was at 30 (and pre-kids)!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? gaining 50lbs after the birth of my 2nd baby.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating/portion control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? most definitely food choices and portion sizes.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone else my age!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm *almost* at goal...another 10lbs to go...I can't wait to wear my low rise jeans without any love handles. I swear the last 10 lbs are 100% in my love handles!

bobbidipity 01-19-2006 05:39 PM

Screen Name: bobbidipity

Family Life: married with a three-year-old

Occupation: part-time print production coordinator and graphic designer, part-time SAHM

Hobbies and Interests: the visual arts, home decorating

Favorite Music: rock, alternative, classical -- lots of stuff

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running on the beach or hiking in the woods, but 99% of the time that's a non-option

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 20 lbs. and maintain that weight for good, make exercise a permanent part of my life

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My parents' health problems, plus refusing to buy myself larger pants again

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? refraining from stress/comfort eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? pay attention to what I am eating, exercise regularly, stop using food as a stress reliever

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : I just want to look like my "former self" and not like a washed-up mom

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? cute summer clothes (maybe even my old bikini but we'll see)

coco_chanell 01-21-2006 01:16 PM

Screen Name: coco_chanell

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: commited relationship for 1 year, no children (yet)

Hobbies and Interests: reading

Favorite Music: r & B

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging on my treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? to stay healthy and get a bikini body

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realized I've been on a diet for most of my adult life and have never attained my goal. I'm tired of the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" excuse. This time I'm making choices not excuses once and for all.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? portion control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? be more aware of portion sizes, exercise at least 6 times per week, and stay within my calorie allowance of 1200-1500 calories per day.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: The fat me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/165/194/.png

DoingItForMyBoys 01-21-2006 02:31 PM

Screen Name: DoingItForMyBoys

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married 6 years, two children ages 2 and 3

Hobbies and Interests: walking, scrapbooking, taking care of my houseplants, spending time with my hubby, my kids, and my dogs. :D

Favorite Music: i like a little bit of everything

Favorite Color(s): orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: tae bo crunch, sweatin' to the oldies 1 and 2, walking is my fave

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 89 more lbs, 111 in total

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? realizing how hard it is to play with my kids

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not getting discouraged by looking at how "far away" my goal is.

drinking enough water, getting cardio every day, staying on track on gloomy winter days

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? high school friends i haven't seen in years

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? i just want to put on regular clothes and feel comfortable, and not look frumpy

Paulina 01-22-2006 08:08 PM

A Morro Bay Hello

Screen Name: Paulina

Age/Age Range: 40 something, it's funny, but I have to count every time I'm asked this question!

Family Life: Married for 18 years. Divorced 3 years ago. Now I'm in a Serious relationship with a supportive man, we live together with my 11 year old daughter.

Hobbies and Interests: My love is Baja, Mexico. We spend every school holiday in Baja. I love to fish, explore, be outside and have fun with my family. I used to be involved with horses, I've had 3 horse-children in my life. Now I'm just loving them from afar. I love my animals, English Bulldog, Boxer-pit and African Grey parrot and a goose.

Favorite Music: A toughie for me. Jimmy Buffet is fun, so is Cuban influenced music. The stations in my truck are set to KPIG which is an alternative folk type station and to Radio Lazer, a Mexican music station.

Favorite Color(s): White

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I hate exercising. I used to be a Jazercise junkie in college. That was a loooong time ago. I also used to ride my horses. Now I walk.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to learn how to eat properly and maintain a healthy weight without gaining it all back AGAIN.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I hate the way my belly skirts over my lap when I sit down. I don't like the way I look in photos. I have only two "uniforms" that fit. A pair of grey sweat pants and my overalls. I call them my uniforms as that's all I can wear right now.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love to drink beer. A cold rum and diet Coke on Friday night after 12 hours of work used to taste so good. I'm not a big snacker, but the empty calories of beer tasted just fine.

1. Drinking more water and less diet soda
2. Eat when I'm hungry and not when I feel like it.
3. Get my butt moving!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : For me it's more like showing my family and friends that I can take control over my life and be fit. It's so I can hold my head up high and be proud of myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?

My blue jeans. Three years ago I had to roll them at the waist to keep them from falling down. Now they won't even pull up over my big butt.

cookiemonster27 01-25-2006 11:43 AM

New Calorie Counter here....

Introduce Yourself!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: cookiemonster27

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life:Married to Jerod for almost 8 years and mom to 4 kids, Miranda-10½, Adrianna-8½, Gabrielle-6½, and Jacob-5

Hobbies and Interests: Scrapbooking, reading culinary mysteries and Stephen King, drawing, writing poetry, spending time with my family

Favorite Music: Classic rock, oldies

Favorite Color(s): black, blue and yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like Billy Blanks boot camp alot

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 60lbs, be in shape, and have healthier eating habits

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I finally hit a size in clothes I didn't want to be EVER!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Changing my eating habits

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? drink more water, exercise more, and choose healthier foods

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I don't think there is anyone I want to look better than. I would just like to have a the body of Sandra Bullock.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans that my fat belly doesn't roll over....LOL. Cute shirts

Heather

Kimberlylynne1405 01-26-2006 07:32 PM

About me

Screen Name: Kimberlylynne1405

Age/Age Range:38

Family Life: Married with children ages 4,5,18 and grandson almost a year

Hobbies and Interests: cooking

Favorite Music: all kinds from heavy metal to country

Favorite Color(s): every color in fall

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: step and kick boxing

What are your fitness/health goals? health goal is to loose 35 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm always trying to lose weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle with emotional eating. I can eat for any reason, at all. My whole life has revolved eating and cooking.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise more. Right now it is hard because I hurt my back. But if I ever get better I am going to start working out again.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Wow, your mom's hot!

I have been on my Low fat, low calorie diet for 7 days. I was doing low fat vegetarian but I have decided that is just not for me. I felt bad on it. Then I decided I was going to do the special K challenge but with other cereals then I thought why don't I just keep it normal low calorie with low fat. That is what I am doing now. I have lost 10 pounds so far. I am going home to visit my family I haven't seen in a year and I am hopping to get down to 160 by then. I weigh 175 right now.
Guess that's all.
Kimberly

lovedaname 01-27-2006 11:07 AM

Hello!!!

Screen Name: Loveddaname (call me Angie)

Age/Age Range:26 (27 April 12 06)

Family Life: Single - 5 year old daughter - *2 sons:my black cats Anubis and Teal'C*

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, Pogo.com,

Favorite Music: Alternative, Oldies, Rock

Favorite Color(s): Purple and Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stair Climber (only thing I can commit to LOVE IT)

What are your fitness/health goals? Want to slim down from 233 to 150 - eat heathier, beable to keep up with an active 5 yr old - be comfortable with looking at myself in the mirror...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well combination of things - I tired of tring on jeans (my fav clothing) and having to "go up a size" in a size 20 at present. Not having the energy of doing stuff with my daughter. Want to dress like a women - current style Jeans, t-shirt, gym shoes & a hoodie to hide the lbs

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love food - mostly food that is "bad" for you.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Be careful of what I eat, motivate myself to get off the couch, stop the eating just to eat

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ANNA NICOLE SMITH - SURE SHE DIDNT HAVE SURGERY!!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have my little cousin wedding in Sept 06 and I want to wear a dress (dont were anything that shows off me... Here is a picture of the dress..

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../5f3996a_3.jpg

SweetTreat 01-29-2006 04:49 PM

New here!!

Hey all..I'm new here, so I figured the "Introduce yourself" section would be the first appropriate section to visit.

Screen Name: SweetTreat

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single, no kids, but one bratty cat!

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Travel, Nature.

Favorite Music: Pop/Rock

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Pink, Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Crunches..beleive it or not lol

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy, I am type 2 diabetic, and I need to get it in control.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My father died when I was 8 of a massive heartattack. I was sitting back one day and thought "wow..when he died he was 55lbs LIGHTER than me" it scared the crap out of me to think that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sweet Tooth. Grrrr..I love my sweets..and carbs are my enemy.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Self control and a constant committment.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I want my "Britney Body". LOL I have an ex who always wanted me to work out because he thought I had "potential"...exactly why he's an ex LOL However when I get my "Britney Body", I'm gonna meet him for coffee to rub in his facec what he lost. Yes..it's evil..but you asked!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A BIKINI!!! On the BEACH! In public! LOL

Fat Melanie 01-30-2006 06:14 PM

Screen Name: Fat Melanie
Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Parents are divorced, currently live with mom and 16 year old brother. I've got a 17 year old sister as well.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, reading, weightloss and dieting (lol),

Favorite Music: Indie rock, alternative rock, grungerock, some metal, rap and r&B

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I prefer walking, step aerobics, and light dumbbell training. Only when I can be bothered to do it.

What are your fitness/health goals? I'm around 190-200lbs (not quite sure as I've not weighed my self in awhile) and I'm 5'7.5, so I'm trying to get down to 140, at least.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I was in a longterm relationship (where we lived together) and he started getting annoyed because I was afraid to get naked in the light. Even before that, though, I've been wanting to lose weight. I just didn't get motivated until that incident.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting motivated enough to exercise. I'm sooo extremely lazy and sometimes keep saying I'm going to do it but never do.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? being committed to it, keeping up with it, and staying focused.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My friends, some family members, other girls I know of, Tyra lol.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? This little dress that I have.

LadyFirelyght 01-31-2006 03:45 PM

Screen Name: LadyFirelyght

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: Living with my parents and a brother who is 16-months older than me. I have three sisters who currently live in the Seattle, WA area.

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, playing piano, digital artistry, web design/coding, writing, poetry, music, animals, nature, movies

Favorite Music: I love power metal, country, and classical, but I'm willing to give just about anything a try.

Favorite Color(s): Dark green and red (yay for christmas colors!)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stair stepping, brisk walks, low weight lifting, dancing like nobody's watching

What are your fitness/health goals? To reduce my risk for disease and illness by getting to a healthy weight range. Cancer, diabetes, and heart problems run in the family and want to keep as far away from them as I can. I also want to get strong and shed all this fat in order to better do everything I love to do, especially hanging out with my two growing nephews.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Back in November of last year, something in me snapped. I don't know what, but I just suddenly realized that I needed a change. January 1st I decided that in one year I want to reach my goal weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising. I'm great with changing my diet, but it's SO hard to get up to exercising.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more vegetables, exercising more and exercising harder

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex-best friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A BIKINI!!!!!!

sssparkles 02-01-2006 05:54 PM

Screen Name: sssparkles

Family Life: married, three month old baby

Hobbies and Interests: painting, shopping, drinking coffee with good friends!

Favorite Music: latin hip hop, regge

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: dance baby dance video's that i can do with my son

What are your fitness/health goals? i want to keep up with my son when he starts moving, fit into normal size outfits, have more energy...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? i just had a baby, and when i went in for my 6 week post natal check up i was 235lbs. i had not lost a pound since giving birth. the weight stayed on until jan, when i was disgusted with myself. i am breast feeding, and decided that i would eat anything i wanted, because the weight was sure to come off. when i got pregnant, i weighed 215lbs. i was comfortable being fat. i haven't weighed 150 since middle school. i know if i don't change now, i will keep going up and up and up...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? exercizing, getting complaciant and lazy, just not wanting to look at myself for what and who i am.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. i need to commit to an exercize program, and follow through 2. preplanning meals, so i am prepared 3. drinking more water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : i guess i really don't want to end up like my mom

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a little black dress, and high heels, that don't cause my feet to hurt under 200+lbs of weight!

laceysmom 02-02-2006 03:25 PM

Introduce myself

Screen Name: laceysmom

Age/Age Range: (almost)43

Family Life: Married 1 son left at home (17)

Occupation: I work in the pipeline industry. Mostly computer work

Hobbies and Interests: Camping, dancing.. my dogs

Favorite Music: Classic Rock, Alternative

Favorite Color(s): Blue & Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Grrr None

What are your fitness/health goals? To tone up & lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just cant stand myself anymore. Nothing fits. This is absolutly insane to continue on teh same path that I am on.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? stress makes me emotionally eat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? get off the couch, be more aware of what I am eating, Get off the couch

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Not better than anyone.. but to feel sexy again

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? short shorts ;)

sunnybunny120 02-02-2006 11:23 PM

howdy everyone

Screen Name: sunnybunny120
Family Life: Married /2year old/ 5 month old
Occupation: nurse/teacher/chef/CPA/housekeeper..oops I mean Stay at Home Mom
Hobbies and Interests: reading, dancing, exercising- my family
Favorite Music: Anything with a good beat
Favorite Color(s): Black
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jogging/running
What are your fitness/health goals? Overall good health
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? No trigger really-just losing (or trying) to lose some baby weight
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Finding the right balance between what I am eating and what's eating me
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Watch my sugar intake x times 3
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Britney Spears Pre baby weight
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A tube top (a la the 70's)

FeistyRoo 02-03-2006 09:28 PM

FeistyRoo

Screen Name: FeistyRoo

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Mother died battling cancer, Dad is living and I am single no kids never married.

Hobbies and Interests: walking, working with weights, light aerobics, Love animals I have two dogs and have own horses in the past. I like to do allot of research on different things that peak my interest, like health and beauty and family background. I like to play billard games and video games, watch my favoirte shows which I depend on Tivo to catch so I can watch them anytime I want to which gives me time to do other active things. Love roller blading but need to lose weight to enjoy that once again

Favorite Music: 80s 90s pop rock and 80 90s metal rock

Favorite Color(s): Pink, blue, and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking is number one, follow by weights and aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals? Eat healthy and in portion and walk every day, tone up.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When one day I figure out I couldn't do half of the activities that I could use to do, did not feel good about myself, and my back was killing me with the amount of weight I gain.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional Eatting

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? reconizing portions, what is more fulfilling, and a different type excersie on a rainy day.

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : Just about anyone on my dads side of the family

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? low rise jeans to show off my tattoo on my lower back and a nice blouse to go with it.

Stephanie Osborne 02-06-2006 01:42 PM

Screen Name: stephiewilliams

Family Life: I am married, no kids just a yuppy with a puppy.

Hobbies and Interests: Photography is my life, I also love movies, music, theater, working out....eating <--- gets me into trouble.

Favorite Music: 80s, oldies, new stuff, girl bands

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Eliptical, Treadmill, Spinning, Free Weights, and trying Yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? Get Healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My husband found out he may be diabetic and we saw our eating habits for what they really are.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating out

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Making working out a priority, eating for nutrition and not satisfaction, and learning to eat veggies.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I know its a stretch but eva longoria...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have this pair of low rise jeans that I used to look killer in.

Liliann 02-07-2006 06:15 PM

Screen Name: Liliann

Age/Age Range:39

Family Life: Am single living with mother,2 sisters and 1 brother

Hobbies and Interests:Word search puzzles,listen to music, walking of using a step counter,being on the net and making friends.

Favorite Music:Anything but no rap.

Favorite Color(s):Red, blue, black,pink,like all colors.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? To have energy and feel comfortable.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Hmmm, just wanted to get in shape..an ongoing struggle for me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binge eating/snacking on sweets/breads..

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1.get active 2. stay on track with my plan 3.Journaling

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Oh, Jeans!! Never wore in my life and that is the 1st wardrobe am planning on getting..

MandiMarie 02-07-2006 08:33 PM

Screen Name: MandiMarie

Age/Age Range: 16

Family Life: I live with my parents and my 14-year old brother.

Hobbies and Interests: Dancing, Volleyball, hanging out with friends, music, reading, knitting

Favorite Music: Classic rock, as well as acoustic/rock stuff...I'm not really sure what to call it, but artists like John Mellencamp and James Taylor.

Favorite Color(s): Purple, blue, and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The weight lifting class at Bally's (Powerflex :) ), Step aerobics, Running, various sports.

What are your fitness/health goals? Become healthy, lean, and toned, and I especially want to lower my risk of diabetes, my grandmother has it and it's an awful disease.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realized that my clothes kept looking worse on me, and when someone commented on my weight for the first time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking to a diet and not snacking/binging/saying "screw it" after a binge and declaring the whole day shot.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eat healthier foods (and less food in general), improve cardiovascular endurance, be more motivated.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : My friend that everyone thinks is super hot :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skimpy swimsuits!

Altari 02-08-2006 10:41 PM

Screen Name: Altari

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: 1 Husband, 3 Daughters (Shannon - 3.5yrs, Lain - 16 months, Sarah - 2 months), 1 Mother, 1 Father, 1 Grandmother, 2 Dogs (Rottweiler and American Eskimo), and 5 Cats. *phew*

Hobbies and Interests: Languages - I'll be transferring to a university to major in linguistics once hubby is out of collegee.
Baking - My downfall. I'd probably be thin if it weren't for this. I'm considering getting my Associates in Culinary so I won't have to work retail for the next three years!
DDR - It's so much fun.
Anime - It's so much fun.

Favorite Music: Nine Inch Nails (before this album)

Favorite Color(s): Black and red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: DDR

What are your fitness/health goals? Not being fat. :(

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Becoming fat. Actually, I realized I was a manatee one day, seriously. I saw myself in the mirror and I wasn't the weight "I was in highschool"...this was a few months after graduation.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food, because I bake too damn much of it. I also eat unconsciously. My husband consistently slaps my hand and says "Stop it! You don't know you're eating that!"

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not eating so much unconsciously, not picking at what I'm making.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : A girl that my husband used to have a crush on. (I don't think it will ever happen)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans.

Cassie501107 02-10-2006 09:08 AM

Screen Name: Cassie501107

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Married with 2 beautiful children

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, music

Favorite Music:Love Metallica! Other than that, R&B and Rap/Hip-Hop

Favorite Color(s):Blue, pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking...I haven't yet been cleared for others.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to have a lower body fat percentage, and lose 139 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I began having heart palpitations, and I looked at my babies...I realized that if I don't do something, I might not be around to see them grow up.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? So far, it has been okay! I don't feel deprived or anything, but I will say that I miss my fast food! I was a total addict!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to develop a good workout plan for when I do get cleared for exercise. I need to drink more water, and I need to not be so hard on myself when I go a little over my calories for the day.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Mickie! Hahaha! She is a friend of mine, and we are very competitive! She is currently pregnant with her 4th child, so she can't lose now! HA!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans! I have been living in sweats for the past 6 years now!

Meg2Bthin 02-14-2006 10:04 PM

* This is only my second post on this site. I am new (today).

Screen Name: Meg2Bthin

Age/Age Range: turned 28 in Jan. '06

Family Life: Married for 5.5 years (together almost 11), 4 children, mother-in-law, 3 birds, 1 cat and getting a puppy soon (maybe a fish or frog or something too).

Hobbies and Interests: fitness, movies, music, my children and family...

Favorite Music: anything that gets me moving

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: tred-mill, walking, crunches....

What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight, lose inches, get fit, feel good!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing the scale move up instead of down!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking to "it".

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat less, drink more water and make wise choices.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All the girls at the gym (he he he)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A hot looking swim suit