3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Calorie Counters

Old 02-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #166

S/C/G: 244/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Fri
It helped to get really hungry yesterday, although I overcompensated and felt stuffed after dinner.

B shake/coffee
S HB egg, cucumber
L salad, chicken breast
S fettucine with ground turkey, broccoli
D Panda Express Kung Pao chicken & steamed vegs,
S chicken, hot choc

Calories ~1800

Last edited by Sundove; 02-03-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #167

Monday
Two days of overeating and having carbs. Not great for weight loss but good in other ways. When I limit carbs without a break, my eyes get very dry & I develop issues staying asleep. I guess that carbs are essential precursors to chemicals my body makes to lubricate my eyes & keep me asleep. So the breaks from diet are useful--as long as they are infrequent and as long as I get back on track. So far so good.

B shake/coffee
S HB egg, cucumber
L salad with vegs, MCT oil, chicken
S clementine orange
D pasta marinara with ground turkey, broccoli
S hot choc, extra chicken

Last edited by Sundove; 02-06-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #168

Fri
Busy week with some big slips, and getting back to the plan. I forgot that when I eat the things I like in the quantities I like, my senses are dulled and I lose my optimism. i'm working on some tweaks to help with the unpleasant hungry feeling I get in the morning. It's a narrow line to walk--if I eat more than a little low carb breakfast, I feel starved all day.
B cheese steak pasta protein packet with cabbage. Shake and coffee
L salad with chicken, MCT oil & coco aminos
S cucumber and carrot sticks
D 1/2 roasted chicken
S ?

1252 calories

Old 02-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #169

Sat
B shake, coffee, HB egg, cabbage
L rotisserie chicken from Costco, salad with vegs, MCT oil, coco aminos (no sampling at Costco)
D bar that came with NashuaNutrition order, coffee with splash of shake
S chicken, hot chocolate

I have not been drinking 2L water for the last few days.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-11-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #170

Sun
Weight up, still shedding the past week's fun eating. Today's challenge is grocery shopping. GOAL: get my salad fixings without a stop at the hot bar. The prepared omelets call out to me. They aren't the worst thing for my plan, but they set me up for a day of off plan eating.PLAN Eat something beforehand; detour around the hot bar without looking at it and get nothing but lettuce, salad vegs, MCT oil if on sale.

RESULTS Some things are hard for me to resist and it is best to figure out a way to avoid them altogether. While steering around the hot bar, a fresh-out-of-the-oven pizza with topping I like came into my line of sight. I bought a slice and ate only the topping, 2 bites of crust. The things I like to add to my salads are julienne raw carrots and beets, paper-thin sliced red onion. To get these things requires a trip past the prepared food bar. This is always an ordeal and lately I don't tolerate the feeling of deprivation very well.

I will try spiralizing my salad vegs in order to totally skip the dangerous part of the grocery store. For today, I will balance out the pizza by having a light dinner and limit my snacks. I really want to get into my clothes!

B shake/coffee, a few bites of chicken
L salad with vegs, chicken, coco aminos & evoo. Pizza topping, 2 bites of crust.
D chicken, dark & light meat, 0-cal BBQ sauce, broccoli & carrots braised in chicken drippings
S Hot choc

2 L fluids

Last edited by Sundove; 02-11-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #171

Monday
-.2 coming down gradually. A nice surprise, even though the scale doesn't reflect it, is that I had to go to the next tighter row of bra fasteners.

Today's challenge is to move more. I usually get at least 2 miles in at work. I'm going to add extra steps wherever possible today. Also some floor & upper body exercise.

B protein shake, coffee, HB egg
L salad, vegs,chicken, MCT oil & coco aminos
D chicken soup, broccoli, carrots
S cucumber & carrot sticks, chicken, hot choc

2L

Last edited by Sundove; 02-13-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #172

Tuesday
Yesterday went well except for pre-bedtime grazing on chicken. Going to bed hungry makes for poor sleep. I sat too much this wknd and my back muscles are tight. Yesterday and today are stretching days and Alleve. If better, will hit it tomorrow with the increased movement. Goal for today is see if I will tolerate a little hunger before bedtime, and what effect on sleep.

B shake, coffee, HB egg, pickle
L salad, vegs, chicken, dressing of coco aminos and MCT oil--this is better than any ready-made dressing I have used.
D chicken soup with broccoli, carrots
S hot choc, cucumber & carrot sticks

Old 02-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #173

Wed
Tuesday went ok except I did not tolerate hunger before bedtime, rather ate a lot of chicken. Still low carb, not low cal. My shape is slimming subtly. Although I am tempted to hurry the process, I seem to be unwilling to experience the feelings of hunger & deprivation that accompany it.

Wednesday was a difficult day. It started off with going to the one store that sells the protein shake I use. I also bought 2 Quest bars & 3 bags of Quest chips to try--research. I ate them all! There are stores I need to avoid for the time being, and this is one. From now on I'll order the shakes online, even though I prefer to support my local brick & mortar stores.

The day did not improve. V-Day is a bad anniversary for me. A long time ago, I experienced a home invasion in which I was raped at gunpoint. At the time, V-Day was a non event, just a kid's holiday. After it became an adult holiday, I couldn't help feeling badly on the day because of what happened to me. This year I decided to take back the day from the negativity and make it a different kind of anniversary. Well I did accomplish that, but not in the way I intended. I rear ended someone. Fortunately it was a just a fender bender, except that my car's hood is jammed so will require a more complicated repair. I will heretoforth remember Valentine's Day as the collision day. That's an improvement.

Calories turned out to be about 1500 as the rest of the day's eating was on track.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-15-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #174

S/C/G: 289/148.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Sundove:
Old 02-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #175

Thanks IPN!

Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #176

Thursday
I'm happy to be on the other side of February, marching into spring and daylight.

B protein shake, coffee, vegs

Old 02-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #177

S/C/G: 289/148.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Iím happy for you- I know the winter/lack of daylight causes problems
Old 02-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #178
There's always tomorrow!

S/C/G: 196/172.0/145

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Sundove I am sending you prayers of healing and joy. May the angels surround you with love! You are a beautiful person, and Iím so glad you are here! You are a bright spot in my life. I always look forward to reading your posts. I, too, am so glad the days are getting longer. Good things are coming our way!

Last edited by magistra17; 02-17-2018 at 02:11 PM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I’m happy for you- I know the winter/lack of daylight causes problems
IPN It sure does! I hope you are doing well, and also enjoying the longer daylight.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistra17 View Post
Sundove I am sending you prayers of healing and joy. May the angels surround you with love! You are a beautiful person, and I’m so glad you are here! You are a bright spot in my life. I always look forward to reading your posts. I, too, am so glad the days are getting longer. Good things are coming our way!
Thank-you and back atcha 100% Magistra. Same here re reading posts-I check for yours daily, first thing.

I'm so touched to get back on here and find these lovely, supportive comments. Thank-you!

I'm in a waffling kind of state. 2 days on, 2 days off plan. Thurs & Fri were off. I know why but I haven't managed to overcome the issue: me at work feeling usual in-the-moment stress of being there, coming into the break room and an unexpected temptation catches me off guard. One day it was a treat that I felt I would regret not sampling--something flown in from out-of-state, the next day it was junk. I need to come up with a mantra for workplace surprises.

Yesterday I was back on plan. Also I was out the sunshine and doing door-to-door volunteering for a political campaign. Some of the anxiety about this fueled my off plan eating the day before. It entailed a long drive, meeting and talking to strangers, and some other things that disrupted my hibernation mode. I would rather have stayed in bed on the computer catching up on news. I had such a good time and being outside on a sunny day was a bonus.

Today is all mine. Food will be the usual. The more I limit variety, the easier it is say NO to off plan food. I am continuing to see my stomach flatten, pants loosening a bit. It's time to have a run of on plan days now and get out of the bigger sizes.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-18-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #180

B protein shake, HB eggs, salad with MCT oil & coco aminos dressing.
L HB eggs, MCT oil, mustard
S hot choc
D broccoli cheese soup

cals ~1200, net carbs below 50 g

Last edited by Sundove; 02-18-2018 at 10:23 PM.