3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Valentines Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/249622-cc-valentines-day-challenge.html)

4star 01-25-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimkovs (Post 4187563)
toobig me too :( keep away from the scale!!

when it's coming i like to weigh in at a low number, and avoid the scale until that disaster is over.

Me too! No point in letting TOM bloat affect your motivation. I have learned to ride these times out and just look at them as bizarre occurrences. I find it totally strange that I can gain 5-8 pounds in 2-3 days and lose that plus my weight for the week just a few days later...all b/c of hormones?...strange but ok, whatever.....:bubbles:

jigglefree 01-25-2012 11:47 AM

OH MY I've been missing out. I've had some rough days. I usually post while I'm at work during the week because when I get home I don't have computer time. I have toddler and hubby hours. But this week has been uber busy at work and today is the first day I have been able to really breathe. It's cycle time and boy have I been eating!!! Today I've been eating a lot of fruit and not sure if I should have done that. I probably should have waited until Saturday...:D

Susie - I LOVE kettle bells. I did that for a while and it is is a really good workout. I was wondering this morning if I should go back to that because it's a great workout in a short amount of time. P90X is at least a hour and I love it too. Decisions decisions!!

Okay everyone let's make today AWESOME!! I gotta get it together so I can have an NSV on Friday!!

mizzie 01-25-2012 05:52 PM

I had such a weird day yesterday! I tracked every bite that went in, but I was so busy and ate so low cal that I got to the end of the day and I had only eaten about 650 calories! lol Ok I'm alright with an occasional, rare, low day, say around 1000, because I know that I have the occasional high day also. But 650 is just way too low. So I got to eat some chips! :D Yes, yes, I know. It's not healthy and there are a lot of other things I could have eaten that would have provided some nutrition as well. But getting to have a "bad" snack once in a while helps me.

Now today, I was fine until about 5 minutes ago. Not the least bit hungry, just going on with my day. Then, boom, instant starvation! *sigh* And I won't get dinner for a little over an hour. I just find it funny that apparently I reached the end of my lunch energy from one second to the next.

ThinkinThin5 01-25-2012 08:27 PM

Mizzie I know just how you feel. I started a diet on Monday that a personal trainer had given me about 10 years ago. I wanted to get back on the wagon but wasn't ready to count calories (feels overwhelming). However, I did get a rough estimate of calories based on the types of meals and snacks I was allowed to have and found out that it's approximately 1400 calories. I am on Day 3 and always feel hungry but am managing. I remember when I complained to my trainer that I was always hungry and she said (pointing at herself) - If you want to look like this you will always be hungry. That was disappointing and I eventually gained the weight back because I just couldn't look at another piece of chicken. My plan this time is not to restrict my foods so much but stay within the calorie range. That "instant starvation" thing is a mystery to me. If you find out how to manage it, please let me know!

tdiprincess 01-25-2012 09:15 PM

Hey all! Looks like there's lots of us with TOM issues! HA!!

I'm doing allright. I took a rest day from exercise today since my back is a bit sore due to something "going out". Tomorrow I'm planning on hitting the gym though. I will probably take it a little easy though, we'll see.
Food has been allright today. A little high toward the end with some wine :D.
Hope everyone had a great day! :carrot:

toobig 01-26-2012 07:33 AM

WOW is it weird how many of us are on the same cycle? Or close? Its cool having people who can relate. I was raised in a house of boys.

jigglefree 01-26-2012 09:01 AM

I'm really ready for an awesome day today. I have been craving chocolate this morning. I figured I would stop by the store that I pass when I get close to work. As I was driving I decided that I was NOT going to stop and end up getting more than chocolate. The closer I got to the store the more intense the chocolate craving seemed to get. I am happy to say I kept driving and didn't stop. :carrot::carrot: It was not an easy thing to do because the chocolate :devil: was calling me very loudly!! I wouldn't even look in the direction of the store and changed lanes so I could really keep driving. It was hard but YAY ME!!!:dizzy:

Yesterday was a really good day. Everything I ate was fruit, veggies and protein. Not too much and I feel great today. I was really excited that I ate my dinner and not much of that.

stimkovs 01-26-2012 09:10 AM

so, i was OP all day. ALL DAY.
went to yoga.
got home, and prepared todays food.
got into bed at 10 pm ready for a full night of restfull sleep.

ready for this?
this my friend (who works in the bar industry) my best friend for over a decade, convinced me to go out.

SO i drank, i had mcdonalds, and got 2 hours of sleep.
now im hungover. feel like a stuffed sausage. and there isn't enough caffiene in the world.

positive though? people commented on how good i looked, and how pretty i was and etc etc, and this is a) genuine, and b) coming from people i respect.

GOOOOO TEAM PONY!!

NorthernExposure 01-26-2012 10:54 AM

Hey guys,

I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with this challenge, but I am still here. Plan wise, I'm doing OK...not great, but not terrible. I'm going to skip WI tomorrow due to TOM. (Glancing back real quick, it looks like I'm not the only one, lol.)

Anyhoo...I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post more when things settle down a bit.

stimkovs 01-26-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernExposure (Post 4189826)
Hey guys,

I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with this challenge, but I am still here. Plan wise, I'm doing OK...not great, but not terrible. I'm going to skip WI tomorrow due to TOM. (Glancing back real quick, it looks like I'm not the only one, lol.)

Anyhoo...I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post more when things settle down a bit.

im going to say we spend too much time on this forum? or is it national TOM week? haha.

i mustve missed a memo. =)

4star 01-26-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimkovs (Post 4189833)
im going to say we spend too much time on this forum? or is it national TOM week? haha.

i mustve missed a memo. =)

Yeah it's funny how much TMI gets posted about periods, peeing, pooping, etc....they all affect weight though so it's up for discussion....

I have been so hungry for the last 2 days, like seriously stomach-growling hungry. I have eaten 2100-2400 the last 2 days. I have gained 5 lbs in water weight. It's all TOM and I am careful not to let it mess with my head. It really is amazing how your appetite and water retention change with the hormone surges.:dizzy:

CocoTruffles 01-26-2012 12:52 PM

hey everyone, jumping in here before its too late I want to try and lose 5lb by valentines day. Would really like to hit that 260 mark! Lost 5lb last week and this week scale is fluctuating between 263 and 265 so would be nice if i can knock those 5lb off and get it to stick here in the next 2.5 weeks.

4star 01-26-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CocoTruffles (Post 4190087)
hey everyone, jumping in here before its too late I want to try and lose 5lb by valentines day. Would really like to hit that 260 mark! Lost 5lb last week and this week scale is fluctuating between 263 and 265 so would be nice if i can knock those 5lb off and get it to stick here in the next 2.5 weeks.

Jump right in. There's still time. :)

toobig 01-27-2012 07:22 AM

Good morning everyone

jigglefree 01-27-2012 09:38 AM

Good morning everyone. It's NSV Friday and I am looking forward to seeing what is going with everyone. I had a great day yesterday. I did an all fiber day...fruit, veggies, oatmeal, chicken and lots of water. I only had a little bit of chicken the whole day...about 8oz total. I feel great about the ending of my week. I do have another NSV. I have a pair of pants that I got from NY&Co that are low rise pants and when I got them there was a roll hanging over all around. Well the roll isn't as big and I can wear them out of the house...I actually have them on now.

I also didn't eat any chocolate at all yesterday.

Have an awesome on plan day.