3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Valentines Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/249622-cc-valentines-day-challenge.html)

toobig 01-19-2012 06:52 AM

Just checking in, eating is great but not so much with the exercise. Hope everyone has a great day.

stimkovs 01-19-2012 08:08 AM

hey chickies
the complementary good morning update!! good morning! i hope everybody stayed on plan last night, and that they are feeling great today! with lots of energy and a renewed determination, it is a new day after all!

as for me, last night was funny. i came home after work to have dinner, had dinner, then decided i was going to have dinner again. so i had dinner twice.
whatever, it happens.

this morning was 177.6 again, which is nice, finally cleared out all of that ben and jerrys from sunday night? it's fine not too worried.

i have a new mission for today, i want to figure out what muscle/fat replacement is and how to calculate it. i have also been slacking on measuring. i have a pretty detailed set of measurements from pre-day 1 of the challenge, i was going to measure at 15 and 30- 15 didn't work out, i might do after 20, as it's going to be this saturday and i may actually have more then 12 seconds in the morning.

4star 01-19-2012 08:12 AM

Checking in. The scale is slowly moving but I don't think I'll get the whooshes this week I saw last week. There still a few days til weigh-in but I've been at 1750-1800 with my cals so I'm only expecting to see a small loss, maybe a pound this week. After 2 whooshes 2 days in a row from last week, I can't really complain.

I will be re-evaluating where I am going wrong in my calorie counting. For some strange reason, I did my math wrong and ended up with a higher intake than I thought I would. After 2 days at 1800, one mystery day, and yet another day at 1800, I need to go a bit lighter. I can see slow progress like this but I prefer my progress to be a little quicker. So anywho, shooting for 1650 or below today and some exercise.

jigglefree 01-19-2012 09:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone.
Yesterday was another on plan day. I'm feeling good about me and what I have going on...with exception of this skin that is a little less cooperative. My arms, thighs and tummy are still jiggling. I work not to focus on them but they are very good attention getters. I think I may start incorporating more toning and less cardio. Maybe in the next challenge.

Hope everyone has an awesome day and MOVE YOUR BODY!!!

CurryMama 01-19-2012 10:34 AM

Oo..not much luck. Baked muffins last night and had more than I should have. Ooops..up a pound this morning.

SparkleBE 01-19-2012 01:32 PM

Hey everyone! Just a quick check in. I’m still fighting off my cold and I’ve pretty much lost my voice from all the coughing :( But I’m staying OP and getting in some light walking every day :) Hopefully I’ll be better soon so I can get back to my regular routine. Hope everyone’s having a great week!

susieyarb 01-19-2012 04:36 PM

Hi Challenge Chicks - I'm checking in to say that I'm still OP in all areas (Food, water, exercise, vitamins). The scale isn't moving much, but I'm seeing changes in my clothes (looser) and last night before I went to sleep I had the squishy fat - I'd forgotten about that! Do you all do that? Where all of a sudden you get extra squishy and then soon comes a whoosh?!

Anyhow, it's day 11 for me. Just another week and I should be in the habit zone!

Hope you're all having a great Thursday!

4star 01-19-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susieyarb (Post 4179791)
Do you all do that? Where all of a sudden you get extra squishy and then soon comes a whoosh?!

Anyhow, it's day 11 for me. Just another week and I should be in the habit zone!

I haven't noticed that. But I have noticed I have a day or so before I am constantly urinating. I wonder if it comes before that? I'll have to keep an eye out to see if there's any pre-pee squishy fat. LOL! :p

Congrats on the 11 days! It feels good to be back in the groove!

stimkovs 01-19-2012 10:12 PM

4star, susie i've totally noticed the peeing!!

the peeing is because your body hates you for a couple of days, and usually goes NOPE, you don't give me crap, i don't pee (aka retain water), then you do something right (in my case skip a day, or go more then 16 hours with doing/mentally preparing for the torture chamber) you pee a LOT. it's probably because your body realizes that it's not in danger of that whole deprivation thing that's so highly debated

i know if i go REALLY well for a while, my uhhh...plumbing stops working for a few days- then it's like a switch is turned on, the retention just flies out the window and WHOOOSH.

.........i might have had too much coconut water if none of that made sense aahaha

toobig 01-20-2012 07:29 AM

Good morning everyone!
Had take out twice yesterday :( Poor planning

stimkovs 01-20-2012 07:56 AM

toobig, it's okay!! back on the pony today!!

4star 01-20-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toobig (Post 4180452)
Good morning everyone!
Had take out twice yesterday :( Poor planning

Today is a brand new day! Like stimkovs said "back on the pony!"

4star 01-20-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimkovs (Post 4180217)
4star, susie i've totally noticed the peeing!!

the peeing is because your body hates you for a couple of days, and usually goes NOPE, you don't give me crap, i don't pee (aka retain water), then you do something right (in my case skip a day, or go more then 16 hours with doing/mentally preparing for the torture chamber) you pee a LOT. it's probably because your body realizes that it's not in danger of that whole deprivation thing that's so highly debated

i know if i go REALLY well for a while, my uhhh...plumbing stops working for a few days- then it's like a switch is turned on, the retention just flies out the window and WHOOOSH.

.........i might have had too much coconut water if none of that made sense aahaha

I know what you mean. I don't try to figure it out exactly but I do like to observe the changes b/c TOM bloating can be severe and if you know approximately when you naturally bloat, it can help keep up motivation. There have been times during PMS that I have been extremely thirsty for 2 days and gained like 8 lbs overnight! Tracking my bloating and water weight helped me not FREAK OUT like I wanted to. Sure enough, TOM left and so did the 8 pounds plus a little extra. Our bodies are strong but sensitive.

Speaking of sensitive, I just came down with a head cold or sinus infection of some sort. I feel totally yucky but hopefully it will pass soon.

mizzie 01-20-2012 10:58 AM

Today is my weigh day, but I'm putting off the "official" weigh in until tomorrow. As of yesterday morning I was down 2 pounds from last Friday, but then hubby brought home pizza last night for dinner. Now, I know that my calories were over my 1200-1400 range, but they were still under my BMR. So I know I didn't gain anything, but my weight this morning was the same as last Friday, 2 pounds up from yesterday.

Well, I know that's water weight from all the sodium last night, so I am hitting the water hard and avoiding salt today and I'm going to weigh tomorrow to see where I'm really at.

Oh and I have Pump Up tonight. Woo-hoo! :carrot:

NorthernExposure 01-20-2012 11:20 AM

Hey guys...been MIA this week. Doing so-so with my plan. Keeping basically within my calories, but I catch myself sneaking bites and licks here and there and not accounting for it. I did my exercise most days (blew off one day due to being so busy), but my effort has been kind of half-@$$ if I'm honest with myself.

At any rate, I am down 1.3 lbs this week...so I'm back to my original post-Christmas weigh-in weight (before I gained yet ANOTHER lb last week) and have about 2 more lbs to go to get back to my ticker weight. Glad to see things moving in the right direction again for sure, but I do need to tighten things up with my program.