Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #151  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

So I weighed in this mornin and i 2 wks I've lost 1 lb. Its not alot but I'm happy to see it go down. Better than a gain. This wk I start Jillian's new dvd Extreme shed and shred. Then I weigh in again on Jan 1st. Hope I get a 2 lb or more lost that day with it being a new year.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey chickies! Looks like we're making some great progress as yet another challenge quickly comes to an end!
Sorry no personals today.

Today I completed w7d1 of c25k. It was a bit brutal, but I paced myself and got through it. It doesn't help that this week is getting into TOM week, so my joints are generally a little sore and I tire out easier.
Otherwise, I weighed in on Sunday at 150.8!! I'm quite excited! I haven't seen this weight in almost 5 years! That also means I'm about 10-15lbs from my goal of 135-140!!

Keep up the great work!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #153  

tdiprincess: Congratulations on being so close to goal! That's fantastic.

I lost 0.8 this week. So I am down 1 pound since I started the challenge. That's great progress for me since I'm such a slow loser.

Sore throat and dry cough are keeping me from exercise this week so I will be keeping a close eye on calories to hopefully offset being a couch potato.

Keep up the good work everyone!
ThinkinThin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #154  

Default The Christmas Challenge

The natural life in each of us is something self-centered, something that wants to be petted and admired, to take advantage of other lives, to exploit the whole universe. And especially it wants to be left to itself: to keep well away from anything better or stronger or higher than it, anything that might make it feel small. It is afraid of the light and air of the spiritual world. ...It knows that if the spiritual life gets hold of it, all its self-centeredness and self will are going to be killed and it is ready to fight tooth and nail to avoid it.
We are ready to fight tooth and nail to keep secret all the things we don't want Jesus to root out. But, he must. And...
...the business of becoming a son of God, of being turned from a created thing into a begotten thing, of passing over from the temporary biological life into a timeless "spiritual" life has been done for us [through Jesus].
Lewis goes on to say that we must get close to him and as we do "we shall catch it," catch the "infection" of salvation and grace. The challenge of Christmas is to get close enough to wonder in the incarnation and not mistaken it as trite.
marytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #155  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Jm: congrats on the loss! And you're right, every loss is a victory

Tdi: 150.8 is awesome!! Yay!

Thinkin: sounds like you're making good progress! It's great that you know your own body so well. Hope you feel better too...this crud is hard to shake.

As for me: Ended up kind of high yesterday (1650 cals) due to caving into some homemade goodies that were available at work. I did do my exercise, 30 minutes of elliptical. Hoping to keep my cals lower today and also getting my 2nd strength training/yoga night in for the week. I don't know if I will lose the 1.2 lbs this week I need to get to my goal (losing a lb/week has been about my max lately)...I'm hoping it will be close...but I have to stay focused. Eating crap at work will get my nowhere fast!!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 12-20-2011 at 11:29 AM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #156  
Calorie Countin' Fool

Hmmmm....pretty quiet around here! Hope everyone is busy with good things

Anyhoo, just checking in. Yesterday I did do a little better...right at the top of my range (1550), but at least in it. Also did my weights/yoga as scheduled. Tonight I'm thinking wii zumba and hoping I can keep my calories under 1500 for once! I really doubt I will make my goal at this point, but hopefully I will see some sort of loss.

Today is my "Friday" and we're off for winter break until January. YAY!! This day cannot go fast enough

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 12-21-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #157  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm doin my wrkout after lunch 2day. It will be my first day of Jillian's new dvd Extreme shed and shred. I'm getting back into eating rite. Its so hard round holidays. I'm shooting for 1200 cals a day but I'm not sure if thats to low for me. So it will prob be 1200-1400 a day. Since I wrkout 5xs a wk.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Checking in real quick - been hovering at 209/210 this past week with a few jumps to 211/212. This morning was at 210.2 so I am anticipatin 209 tomorrow. 4 more pounds to my halfway goal!!!

This week I am doing cardio everyday to offset any "bad" calories. I had 6 of my homemade cookies today, so the cardio will come in handy! I am hoping to get down to 208 by christmas day.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

im 270.8 right now so i have 5.8lbs to go before my 265 mini goal. i wont make my original goal i know that now, the alcohol must have got to me, i think i drank a half bottle of jager, and i dont mean the small bottles, like..i think i drank a litre of jager in 2 days, plus other drinks besides, but im glad ive lost some weight. im hoping to lose a few more lbs before my january 2nd holiday challenge end date lol thats when i will see how well i did. hopefully ill only be a couple lbs away from my original goal when i started. but at least ive lost some. 120lbs to go, seems like a lifetime away
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #160  

It's almost Christmas!
I did stay on plan last week and dropped another pound.

Best wishes to all this Holiday Season!

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

186.5 this morning. I am happy with that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #162  
Calorie Countin' Fool

Holy crap! I lost 2 lbs this week! I haven't lost 2 lbs in a week for MONTHS. And I didn't even do that great...who knows. Apparently the weight loss gods are smiling on me this Christmas, because I reached my goal!! 169.1!! You guys have NO idea how long I've been in the 170's. This is a major breakthrough for me

Anyhoo...I'm going to be on a bit of a hiatus from 3FC until around New Years, but I wish each and every one of you the best of luck reaching or making progress toward your goals, and more importantly, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! See you in the next challenge!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 12-23-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!
I can’t believe Christmas is just a couple days away! I’m not sure if I’ll make my goal or not, but I’m close and I’ll be happy even if I don’t I’m getting back into an exercise groove and I’ve been walking most days this week. I was busy and missed Wednesday, so I walked for an hour yesterday and today to make up for it.

My mom and brother are both sick (he has bronchitis and she has pre-bronchitis), so I’m really hoping I don’t catch anything. I hate being sick on Christmas, plus I’ve got some big boxing day shopping plans. Almost all of my clothes are getting laughably large, so I need to stock up!
Hope everyone had a wonderful week!

Northern: Congratulations! What a great Christmas present! Merry Christmas + Happy New Year to you! And have a wonderful break!
Too: Congrats! Way to go!
Jolina: Best wishes to you as well!
Charlaine: Sounds like you’re doing great, even with the alcohol! Good job!
Kat: Homemade cookies are always so hard to resist (and who really wants to resist all that deliciousness?), so kudos to you for doing cardio to offset the cookies!
Jm: Hmm, it really depends on the person but 1200 calories might be low since you exercise so often. This website has a suggestion of how many calories to eat and I’ve found it useful: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #164  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

With Christmas here tomorrow, I'm officially calling my challenge over. I managed to maintain at 170 because, frankly, I wasn't giving losing my best effort. I know, come the new year, I will totally reach 160.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #165  
Calorie Countin' Fool

Thanks Sparkle, hope you find some good sales!

Chick: maintaining this time of year is no easy feat! Yay on not gaining!

Everyone else: again, happy holidays to you all! I thought I'd check in one more time before getting on with the holiday festivities. Hope everyone enjoys this time with their friends and family. See you again soon!