Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #106  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundahthighs View Post
Death to muffins, and slow-cooker pork. That's all I have to say about that.

Me too...death to cheese dip and nacho's then cookies...ARG

i have no comment on the matter
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 300/292/170

Height: 5'7"

I just joined this site few days ago, and decided to be a calorie counter so my goal is to give up the sugar and the snack foods..ugh
Chrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Morning everyone!

farn00a57: We are going to a place in Illinois...don't know where, the bf said it was an amazing resort place and it will be fun. I like going on business trips with him, we stay an extra night and have a lil vacation. I'm excited. The last trip I went with him, we go every year to the other side of Michigan on the water and it's beautiful, it was the first business trip in well...probably over 4 years...since i've lost weight and felt comfortable to be social, and you could tell he enjoyed it too That's why I want to really look good because I'm finially down to where he first met me 4 and half year ago....about the calorie thing, man I'm still trying to recooperate from TOM, I used to have a system so I have to get back on track with that. And contgrats on your exams. School is so hard and so time consuming but we can make it through it! Good luck

Lori: I'm so sorry your feeling like that. I know your scared and I'm here for you if you need anything. In the mean time I'll keep praying for you and give you one big virtual hug

KDM: again i'm with you chuggin the water! I'm finially done with TOM and hand a little swoosh, but not so much because I was really eating a crap load this past week, but today is a new day and new week. I hope the scale gives you better results

misspriss: keep up the awesome workouts! Death to sugar and high starchy food for me...that seems to really be getting to me and thowing me off course.

jigglefree: AMAZING! congrats on getting into 18w...you will for sure get to 18. That's a huge accomplishment and we are all very proud of you. Keep up the good work!

nightangel: good luck on your weighin, you can do it!

MyJourney2Slim: I hope you find a good calorie limit. originally I did 250-300 bkfst, 300-400 lunch, 350 dinner, then 2 100cal snacks around 1250 when i wasn't working out, but for working out my dinner would be around 400-500 and around 1500-1800 total depending on my workout. I need to get back on track again and find a happy balance. Wish you well!

cfmama: You will get to ONEderland...Good Luck!

happymama4: welcome! everyone is very friendly and supportive here. Good luck on your challenge!

Katy05: nice job passing up the bread, and if you can make good choices like that when you go out you will overcome so much in the future. Awesome job!

thundah: You know I luv yaI hope all is well. I need to get back on the workout wagon, so I'll join ya soon.

Chrys: Welcome . Giving up sugar and snack foods is hard but you can do it and we can help you with it. Wish you well.

If I missed anyone I'm sorry, I'll get to you later.

Today I woke up and saw 121.6, better than the 122.8 a few days ago from TOM, I know i've been way over calories and not exercising. I know most of you think i'm crazy for worrying about the 120's, and it's been a long journey and I just want to finish what I started. the highest I saw before was 160, that I know of, to be honest I wouldn't be suprised if it was 170 before that, so the last 5-6lbs are really irritaing me. Plus now i'm trying to lose some of the excess skin and "left-overs" around my midsection. I'm going to try and watch my sugar and starch intake later at night, that's what seems to get me and I then snack and snack and snack.
Today we are moving our friends so i'll get some exercise there. I wish everyone well and i'll post more later.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default grr...

eh my weigh in doesn't put me any lower.... bummer. Gonna be a challenge afterall!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #110  
keep on truckin' momma

I did the power yoga dvd, it was really fun...i was shaking with some of those poses. Ive never done a bow pose and holy smokes, there are three in a row! I was stronger than i thought. funny thing is that when i was up and was trying to figure out how i was going to get down.

Welcome to everyone new!! Your in the right place if your looking for support and encouragement!! Good Luck to EVERYONE!!

ok, off to get some stuff done around the house...have a great weekend!

Last edited by misspriss78; 02-20-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #111  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I lost 3 lbs in 5 days, I'm getting closer to the weight I want to be. 2lbs to go! Then I'm going to try to maintain, which is nearly impossible for me.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #112  
In the desert...

Sheesh, so much posting! You guys are chatty in this challenge - but that's great, I think it motivates and commiserates and helps. I can't keep up or catch up on four pages of posts, so I'll just move right along.

I had a "doesn't count" day yesterday - I've been doing that about once a month, where I just don't count calories, and I've found that any cravings I get for not-so-good-for-me foods can be postponed with the thought that on my "doesn't count" day, I can have them. That doesn't mean I eat 5,000 calories though - but if I'm having a real craving for something, I enjoy it. So yesterday I had a burger and fries for lunch - but my breakfast was my normal 280 calories or so, and dinner was soup (I wasn't hungry after that huge lunch!). So I would guess my day was around 2,000 or so, which really isn't bad. And then the scale this morning - instrument of evil - was DOWN. Oy. Anyway - having a good week, even though I am currently at work and last week was a 68 hour week. At least my butt is shrinking!!!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

I am the same way, I just can't keep up, but that is such a good thing.

I want to say WELCOME to all the newbies and keep working to all the regulars. It's wonderful to see so much activity on the thread. I really can't get in until the weekend now a days. It's so superbusy at work.

Things are going OK. I am down to 198.5 this morning, which is cool. I have been going crazy trying to get into Onederland and stay there. I have been back and forth, but mentally I keep telling myself, I made it and nothing can take that away. Weight loss has been really slow last month and this one. But a pound is a pound is a pound. As long as I am moving in the right direction I can't complain.

My Disney 5k is in 2 weeks. I am starting to get really excited about it. I will be out of town from 3/4 to 3/9. Because this is a trip based around my running I hope to keep my eating well in control. Vacation is a scary time for me, because I always seem to lose focus and have trouble getting back into routine when I return. I hope to do much better this time.

Hang it there everyone!

Last edited by Jae165; 02-20-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #114  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I haven't been on here today because my friend gave me her California King Platform Bed and my husband and I moved that monster today. It was extremely heavy. We moved it down two flights of stairs in pieces from her house and up two flights of stairs at our house. The headboard weighed about 150 and we had to pack it in two cars to get to our house. It took 5 hours to get that bad boy moved. Which means I didn't do a organized workout but that bed should count for two days of workouts. Everything on me aches.

Didn't eat but about 1300 calories on all that activity and I don't have energy for anything. I'm barely typing. Just wanted to update you all on my progress.

Last edited by jigglefree; 02-20-2010 at 10:26 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #115  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

OK GOTTA GET THIS OFF MY CHEST!
Just on for a quick post... Took a half an iron pill today~had read that sometimes you can get upset stomach when First starting to take them(so I started with a half one to be safe)...I instanly noticed a difference in my skin color..I got more red...More alive looking I guess.Cause I am very pale....And I had red spots But they looked normal..Just like a normal flesh color reddish white tone...I am bad at describing this LOL!
Anyways~Felt great within an hour or 2 but got an extreme headache And was having problems with blood pressure possibly....Everytime I would stand up I felt like all the blood rushed to my head and that My head was gonna explode from pulsating so much....then....If I walked to far in the house I was still short of breath...But I laid in bed most of the whole day And the iron pill seemed to make me feel more awake or whatever as long as I laid in there.
ughhhhh~LONG DAY! Guess I will know for sure if it's helping with in next few days. I am gonna go to my doctor Monday if possible ~he is really good about getting you in the day u call but he is only there on Mondays & thursdays....I HATE MY "TOM"! Every stupid time it gets worse & worse!!
I have been to gynocologist(however u spell it~sorry Can't think right) And same thing~Everything looks fine! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
8 years of problems~Diagnosed with anxiety disorder & asthma & now emphysema....It aint no wonder I have anxiety attacks I feel like crap so much it scares me into having the attacks! Sometimes when I first get on my period I have hot flashes and I can walk out in the cold for a minute or 2 and breath fine...But only for awhile...then I start having problems again... I have never to my knowledge Ever wheezed and I have never coyghed from astham or emphysema issues...Which would definetly be a part of it I would think...But every time they do those breathing test in the tubes in there office I fail them horribly.Anyways I think all my symptoms are to do with my "TOM" 1 year after I had my tubal my health went to crap! I can breath really great sometimes when I am on it ~Like All my breathing problems just went away for awhile...
I had a period of 2 months for my first year after my tubal then it switched back to once a month after one year And ever since then ~I have been nothing but a wreck!
OK I AM DONE~I had to get all that out!
I get so depressed over it and talking about it helps sometimes
I hope someone Like doctor house ~Hugh Laurie(yes I know that is a fake t.v. show & I am just being silly) Reads this & knows what my problem is!

HUGS TO EVERYONE~! Will type again as soon as possible

Last edited by Lori259; 02-20-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

~Lori~ I am no medical professional, but if you have emphysema you may not be oxygenating your blood properly, leaving you tired and pale. I hope you get in to see the doc on Mon.
Hang in there!
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I hate to stick this out there but..... maybe it is your doctors? After walking around barely breathing for a year and seeing a ton of doctors my vet finally figured out what was wrong with me and sent me to the right doctor.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #118  
keep on truckin' momma

Good Morning

Lori-have you ever been tested for hypoglycemia? My mom went through some of the same symptoms that your describing before she was diagnosed. She felt like she was going crazy at times Hugs, i hope you find out whats wrong soon My thoughts are with you sweetie!

Jigglefree-High fives on the new bed,its always cool to get new free stuff

Jae-Good luck on your 5K!! Have a good vacation too!

Jules-Good job on the weightloss!

Hello to everyone i missed...

Ive got a full body workout scheduled for today..its a real burner too. TOM is here for me(a wk early) so that gave me some relief as to why i was a moody, junk craving witch all week....

have a good day everyone.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default ok...

I'm remotivated now.... I've lost a little afterall! Anybody out there been discouraged this month? eh.. I'm better but I was very discouraged during my TOM... is this normal? Anyone else have that?
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone!!

jdonato: that sounds like you are going to have a blast!! I hope you reach your goal so you can really enjoy your vacay! I am very jealous I would love to have a job that allowed travel and its great that you get to go with too and you guys do the extra day. That's perfect! I'm going to school for psychology and sociology but I swear I should have gone into the travel industry or something! haha. I can relate to when you are healthier you feel better about yourself and enjoy your trip more. It just makes the whole situation more comfortable and especially with meeting new people. You don't automatically assume they are judging you based on your weight. What are you going to school for? It is hard work but hopefully soon it will be all over and it will definitely be all worth it!! Thin, healthy, college graduates!! How perfect does that sound?!

Lori: I'm glad to hear that the iron pill helped you feel better somewhat. That is scary however if you think it was giving you blood pressure issues. Stay strong and i hope you feel better soon!! I can only image how difficult it is to work on a goal while feeling miserable...you're one tough cookie!!!!

misspriss78: haha yes i can relate, my gym is only like 5 minutes away too. It's literally like 5 blocks away. It's just the whole prep time that makes me unmotivated to get up and go. haha how lazy is that?! and the thing is too i dont really like working out when there are a bunch of people there too. I dont know why but for some reason it is awkward for me...? haha odd?

katy05: OH MY GOD. I have got to give you props. I LOVE CARBS!! And the breadsticks seriously are the best things ever. when i go to olive garden I am usually full by the time my meal comes because i ate so many dang breadsticks and salad. haha. and they go right to my thighs! you have amazing will power to not even eat part of one! congrats!

thundathighs: I have to agree with you and however just state this: DEATH TO CARBS. that's my downfall right there. haha

Hello to all the people who just recently joined!!! This is a really great group of people. I was so glad when I joined. They are all VERY motivational and inspiring.

Hello to everybody else in general!! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I am down a pound today. So that's 4 so for towards my goal!! Pretty happy about that since I was seeing weight gain and no loss the last part of the week. Wish it would have been more but hey I will take what I can get. Beggars can't be choosers. haha. well i am off to work out for 45 minutes. I have been working out for an hour the last few days and i'm really proud of that. I never thought before I could work out for a hour straight for physical reasons and lack of motivation. I attribute a good portion of my motivation to the people who are in this group. thank you for inspiring me!

Sorry about the cheesiness!! have a great weekend
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote