Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #76  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

kdm~lol~i Agree!

Farn~Weight can go up & down Sometimes ~but I always claim the lowest weight I see cause usually within a week I see it on the scale again~cause salt intake ~More water than usual Or different foods /Can make our weight different So Do not worry yourself. Just keep on plan & you will see that number again in no time

Misspriss
~ Just Saw The New Avatar & It Is~totally Adorable!!!!!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-18-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #77  
Oh buddy, it's on!

Good morning everyone! It's almost Friday! My week has just flown by. I hope everyone is doing well. I felt pretty crappy this morning. Not sure why but I felt really bloated this morning and I was up a couple of lbs from yesterday. Boo. I've been on OP with my food and with exercise so I'm not going to let it get me down. Monday weigh-ins only count in my book.

I'll have to respond to everyone a little bit later... gotta get working!

Here's to another OP and fabulous day for all of us!!
Katy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #78  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

hating my scale this morning...stupid scale! Must have been the peanut butter. That stuff is evil for CC's I had the calories for it but it always messes with weigh in. If the family didn't love it I would ban it from my house.

Lori- do you still have hair with the kids being home from school so much? My dd doesn't get anymore holidays until spring break the end of march...Wonder if you all will get one with all the snow days ?

katy05- Can't wait until friday either. I need to catch up on some much needed sleep. If you've added more fruits and veggies in your diet that could be why your bloated...or TOM I suppose will do that too
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

jigglefree: You're doing awesome with the workouts keep it up! About the calorie range...I'm trying to do the same...1250-1300 on no workout days and 1400-1500 on workout days but lately i've been taking in like 2000 ...it's my TOM but still! Do you have a good meal plan that helps you stay on track? Oh and I'm very excited you are so close to fitting in your dress.

MyJourney2Slim: That's a great goal and I wish you well with it.

Katy05: thanks for warm wishes. Yes my TOM is killing me! I can't stop eating. I finially lost a lb this morning from the 2lbs i've gain so far from this. ehhhh! I had my program due last night at 11:59pm. 2 more months of this and i'm done for good! I hope you feel better today and have a very OP day.

farn00a57: I'm just getting back to everyone's posts so about the sugar in the fruit drink....If it's natural sugar it's not bad for you in moderation. 50g is alot for one drink, but....if you took in that much sugar eating the whole fruit that's digested differently because of the fiber and the pure vitamins you get from the whole fruit. Still great job on the drink choice because it's way better than the processed juices.

MrsLovett: I'm the same as Lori, I'm apple shape so my size changes depending on the store. I wish you well in your size quest and keep up the good work! 4 is an amazing size

Sorry guys, I will have to post more to everyone later...too many ppl! lol which is a great thing and I"m happy for you all.

This week has been horrible for calories. Seriously TOM is killing me! I gained 2.6lbs and just lost 1lb so far. I can't stop eating! Today the bf surprised me and is on vacation today and tomorrow which makes me super happy. We got to go get coffee and bkfst this morning together...ahhh so nice. I haven't worked out this week, I don't know why I'm just drained and don't feel like working out, but I know I have to. The bf has a business trip the first weekend of March and I get to go! So I want to look good

I'll post more later, I'm starting to have an anxiety attack....

have a great day everyone
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #80  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!! Looking forward to a great day!! How's about we make it a FABULOUS ON PLAN DAY!!

jdonato - I'm not on a specific plan just counting calories. I eat pretty much the same thing everyday to stay in my range. I have a strawberry protein smoothie for breakfast ( 140 cals), yogurt for morning snack (100 cals), a veggie burger on a sandwich thin with lettuce and tomatoes for lunch (245 cals), plain cheerios for afternoon snack (100 cals), which leaves me with enough calories to eat dinner with my family (550 cals) and 100 calorie mini bag of OR popcorn for evening snack. On days I work out I will have something like veggies and granola bar if I go after I get off work. If I workout before I go to work then I don't normally eat anything extra or I will pack a larger lunch. Those are the days I'm uberhyper so I try not to workout before work too often since I need to be at my desk and I can't sit still. Not sure why it does me like that early in the morning. Some days I work out twice a day because I want walk with my husband and daughter in the evening.

Last edited by jigglefree; 02-18-2010 at 04:42 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Hi everyone!

Sorry you've been feeling so bad Lori Hope you feel better soon!

As for me, I've been feeling extremely run-down lately. Not sure why. Especially the past three days. Right from the get-go, when I wake up... makes it difficult to workout in the morning, but I'm still doing it. Only for an hour or so though. Not my usual 120 mins. Grr... I feel so lazy. On the plus side, TOM is over, and I'm down to 112.4 lbs.! I had gotten down to 112.8 lbs. and then gained 3 lbs. due to TOM about a week ago, then I just kinda deflated I suppose! Where did it all go? Three pounds in a week!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Since last night was my first official weigh-in since the challenge started(I go to a group meeting once a week), I can report that I weighed exactly the same as I did last week-168. I am having a medical procedure tomorrow and can't eat today, so that should help me a little bit this week.

Losing4another, I am trying not to eat peanut butter during this challenge. For several weeks I have been having 2T of peanut butter with a banana for a snack almost everyday. To me it was just so tasty and satisfying, but I have reached a plateau on my weight loss and the peanut butter is the only thing that I am eating that is real high-calorie, so I am just going to have to give it up for now.

To you American Idol fans, I haven't watched any American Idol this season, so I don't know who the contestants are, and I admit that I am missing it. I had vowed not to watch because I really don't like change and with Paula gone and Simon leaving after this season, I just thought I would go ahead and wean myself off early. But just hearing people talk about makes me kind of want to get back into it! Is there anyone as dramatic as Adam this time? I really liked him on the show(although not so much now).

Make it another good day, everyone!
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #83  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello Challengers!!

Thunda-I will check out that yoga instructor...good luck on your new work schedule..im sure you will be fine!

emile-Good luck on your medical procedure..i hope its nothing serious!

MrsLovett-Good job on losing that TOM weight..it always sneaks up on us! 1hr a day in workouts are great!!!

Jigglefree-Im with ya...lets make today a good one!!

JD-Enjoy your time with your BF! Im sure you will be back on track in no time!! I went through a week like your going through last week...just totally BLAH on everything..will get through it!

Losing-yes,pb is evil...put tasty i havent' had a taste for it in a while though..and thats very weird for me Maybe its because im eating pistachio's?

Katy-Thats a great way of thinking about it..i try not to let my 'during the week sneak peeks at the scale' bother me too much, my sunday weigh ins are what count!

Lori-Thanks, my avator pic was taken sunday. I hope you feel better soon...are you still taking those vitamins?

Farn-Have a good workout today! Im sure body is just holding onto water from your workouts...i can look out my window and gain water weight

thats all the time i have today guys...have a great day and lets keep kicking butt!!!!

Today i did a full upper body heavy weight lifting workout then some step aerobics burning a total of 573 calories in 1:20mins. My arms are fried
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy05 View Post

farn The M&M's challenged you and you won!! Haha! I'm trying to beat the homemade fudge my boss brought it today. BTW, awesome job on the weighloss thus far!
Katy05: haha yes they did! I don't know how I could handle homemade fudge though, now that's a whole different level!!

Lori: thank you for pointing that out! it makes me feel better knowing that it may just be a weight fluctuation, not that I gained a pound. I was gonna say there is no way!! haha but our body can be a mystery sometimes.

kerbear879 and Jdonato: thank you for your input! haha it makes sense now and make me happy that I can still enjoy my favorite drink! I use it actually as a meal. I am seriously a junkie for these things!! Even though they look like pool scum...
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #85  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Lori ~ Thanks Yes I know any weight loss is a good thing, I just can't wait for things to get movin lol.

JD ~ Thanks for the for the warm welcome.

Katy and Mckenz ~ I am new here too so good luck with your goals.

Everyone else hope you have a great day and keep on keeping on .
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

Lori- your little episode sounds a lot like what happens to me when I get a blood sugar crash. I tend to be a little hypoglycemic at times (hence the reason I can't eat a lot of regular sugar as my blood sugar gets all crazy!) I also have low iron levels and even with taking the darn iron supplement, it still seems to be rather low

So yesterday, the OH and I went out to dinner and I went well over my calories for the day. Then I weighed this morning, and to my surprise, I've lost 2.9 pounds since Monday..doesn't seem right but I must have been retaining water like crazy.

~Kerri~
kerbear879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #87  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Kerbear- I have hypoglycemia too! When my sugar drops I feel weak all of a sudden and have to eat something high carb (fruit helps best). Then I slowly start to feel better again. If I can't eat I get all shaky and sweaty until I can. It's really bad if I'm sick living on crackers and cold meds. It will also happen after I drink or eat something really sugary on an empty stomach.

Misspriss- Great workout I'm not a big peanut butter fan...just had a craving for a PBJS ..Went lighter calorie on dinner thinking it would be alright...big mistake no more PB...or the j either since they are only good together

emileigh- has to be the PB....Maybe replace it with some lean meat for a while...I wonder if maybe it's the salt? I will have to check the label. Fat and salt together are never a good thing..Hope everything goes okay for you tomorrow...Keep us updated

Jdon- Enjoy the BF time together...hopefully you two can do something fun while on the business trip.

Jigglefree- yummm love smoothies...are yours prepackaged or do you make your own?

Last edited by Losing4another; 02-18-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

today is going by much better. Man I don't know why but my anxiety attack came on so sudden this morning, but I'm all good now So since the bf is home today we were able to finially get his car into the shop, the guy can only take it in the mornings, he works another job at nights. It was $100, which is way less than the other guy quoted, I guess it was more to it than the simple breakline, the back breakline was busted and they had to pull the gas tank down and crap...i'm don't know alot about cars, but that's so great to save money.

On our way back home we stoped at this discount fabric store and we finally found a fabric we love and soooo cheap too! We are redoing our dinning room table. When my grandparents got married they bought the set, then when my parents got married they got the dinning set, and they just gave it to us ....Keep it in the family, so we refinished it to our style and we are re-upholstering the chairs. we can do 6 chairs for $25...yay! So since he's home tomorrow too and i'm off tomorrow we get to finish it then move on to finishing the hardwood floors too much work!

jigglefree: thanks for the advice. When i was eating the same things everyday it was easier to stay on track, and I just started to get busy and not have everything planned out like I used to. I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

misspriss: thanks, i feel less bloated today and I'm going to drink alot of water and keep calories low and hopefully fri or sat be back to normal again. I do love the pic of you and your family, your kids are adorable!

losing4another: If you saw above we finally got a cheaper deal on the car, the bf is so happy and it really saves us right now. Thanks for all your advice and your DH's help. I'm so excited for the trip, it's at some resort so he said i can have spa time while he works hehe.

Off to my next class, I'm always online becuase most of my classes i'm on a computer. I hope everyone had a great night, and thanks so much for all the support. I will get back to more of you later!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

jdonato: ooh a mini-vacation!! I love traveling! Even if it's just a small getaway. where are you going in March?!

misspriss: hahaha that is so very true!! I'm sure you are right. I have two exams today and I wouldn't be shocked if the stress/anxiety from that made me retain water. Picky body.... nice job on the weight lifting! that's one thing that I really need to start working on. I've just been doing cardio no weights. do you use free weights or machines?

kerbear: that damn water weight!!! Congrats that you lost it!! 2.9 pounds in a week is great!

emeleigh: i agree I loved Adam on the show, but not really right now. I do have to admit that I love his hair though!! I remember he recently had it green and black, that looked amazing! Well on him...hah I dont think anybody else would be able to pull that off

Mrslovett: its probably water weight! it seems that quite a few of us are dealing with that. Hopefully you feel better and not so run down!!

Losing4: haha I completely agree! I haven't touched peanut butter in months. I think i'm afraid of it!

katy05: I have to give it to you, you have strength to only look at the scale once a week! I feel like sometimes i become obsessed with that damn thing! haha

kdm: haha chinese food is amazing so I can see how you couldn't say no!!! why is it the stuff that tastes amazing is bad for you? Somebody screwed that thing up!

Lori: I hope you feel better!! I'm agreeing with kerbear with the whole low blood sugar levels. I've had a similar experience too, not as serious as your's however. Hopefully you get to the doctor soon and get well!!

Well my first exam went well today. I'm pretty sure I aced it!! Now I am busy studying for my second. Haven't exercised today, but will for sure once I get home. Staying on track with calories as well, so besides the studying today is a good day!

have a great night everybody! keep up the amazing attitudes and good work!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #90  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in for a quick second.
I was feeling a little better today but everytime its time to eat again I would get shaky and my breathig would slow down...My TOM was nearly to an end even though I just started it then I would eat and it would nearly overflow(not to be gross) My blood is red again...Not orange So far.
I have had sugar checked before with no problems ..Not sure whats going on.
I do know that Its mainly when I have my period and a few days before it starts and sometimes a day or 2 after it ends. Then I get back to feeling alot better. My period is About 2 weeks early too I think...I never get it at the middle of the month its always around the beginning...UGH!!!
Misspriss~I skipped a few vitamins just forgetting to take them but have been taking them good the last cople of days.
Weird thing is I nealr feel crazy~like I do not wanna hear any noises~see any movement~ECT. ~More or less I am very irratable which is a definete opposite of how I normally am....I am like a major smart @ss To my Hubby~And the poor guy is not even doing anything to me...UGHHHH Hopefully can get to the doctor soon. My doctor is only in on Mondays & Thrusdays and My car was stuck today still in the driveway~I may have to make a trip to the emergency room If I aint better by 2morrow or Saturday whichever day the car comes unstuck in the drive....TALK TO EVERYONE LATER ~GONNA GO TRY TO GET SOME REST.

Last edited by Lori259; 02-18-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote