Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

How long have you guys been a succesfull maintainer? How many of you have been lost weight bofer and have gained it back over the years? Can you beat 7 years maintaing with NEVER have ever gained any weight back? If not I think I have more experience and you might want to listen to me.

Last edited by benchmarkman; 07-23-2009 at 06:23 AM.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #17  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Uhm aren't you the one that said you loved to eat 900 calories of dominoes fried dough and cheese? .
Yes but I didn't stop my diet or my excercise. I still only had 1800 calories for the day and still did my normal exercise.

According to most websites and person my age and activity level should be eating 2400 caloires a day. So whats your point of eating 900 caloires in 1 meal?

Finally I would like to add that if I make a food indulgence I work it off by staying longer at the gym. The OP pigs out litterally and then does no physical activity all day. That is a big difference than what I did above. I was still on plan.....

Last edited by benchmarkman; 07-23-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

If anyone would like to start a thread about their fantastic plan, please feel free. I'm feeling like this thread is getting hijacked, which I know isn't your intention.

Thank you.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #19  
banned

This thread hasn't been hijacked you just don't like to hear the truth of the matter. I'm trying to support the original OP by giving them a kick in the butt and let them know they are headed down a dangerous path. I'm trying to help them out because I want everyone to be a success.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #20  

I mean this gently, you are a 24 year old guy. I am a woman in my mid-30's. What worked for you and what is going to work for me are totally different. You may be the person on this site that knows the most, or has been the most successful or whatever, but I don't find your advice or your tone helpful and cannot relate to you in any way, so you might want to move on.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
How long have you guys been a succesfull maintainer? How many of you have been lost weight bofer and have gained it back over the years? Can you beat 7 years maintaing with NEVER have ever gained any weight back? If not I think I have more experience and you might want to listen to me.
I'm sorry, didn't you post a few months ago about how you'd gained some of your maintaining weight back? In the same thread where you rejected every single suggestion everyone gave you? In case you've forgotten, you can find your previous posts via the search function, so you can refresh your memory a tad.

I really dislike drama, and tend to keep my nose out of it, but I dislike high horses and holier than though attitudes more, apparently.

/tangent off

I think that sometimes our bodies need a bit of a shock to bust through a plateau, so I see nothing wrong with eating a tad more than usual or exercising less than usual to give that "shock". Glad to hear the scale moved for you, and the yoga workshop was a success!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #22  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

OP, That's so great!!!

Sometimes changing things up a little does us a world of good .

As for the drama lama on this thread. I've lost 100 lbs. I gained it back only because I got pregnant. I will lose it again and I WILL Keep it off for 50 years. 100 years! Watch me live that long . OP is losing weight in a way that works for her, in a way that's sustainable for HER. I don't understand how you losing 80 lbs in HS by starving yourself in 4 months is in any way related. I really wish you'd stop hijacking supportive threads like this, it's distracting.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #23  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Personally, I need "off" days (not total binges) to remind myself that it is not all or nothing. The idea that I have to be perfect derails me.

I started my journey last year and did great. No problems, only ate exactly what I was suppose to. Then came traumatic situations in my life I couldn't control and threw me into complete chaos. I didn't know how to cope with going off plan for a few days or maybe a week. After that I felt totally defeated and gave up until I saw the scale creep back up past my original starting weight.

Now I'm giving myself more leeway to ensure when life throws curve balls I'm better prepared mentally to deal with them, and if I don't deal with them perfectly I don't feel like a total failure.

I am by no means an expert nor have I made it anywhere near maintenance but I never would with an all or nothing attitude. Just my two cents.

Last edited by TXJess; 07-23-2009 at 11:36 AM.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #24  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Once a week I eat slightly over maintenance (on purpose) and it has worked wonders for keeping my metabolism high and my sanity intact. Do what works for you, not what works for someone else. Some people think theirs is the only way... I ignore them
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #25  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
This thread hasn't been hijacked you just don't like to hear the truth of the matter. I'm trying to support the original OP by giving them a kick in the butt and let them know they are headed down a dangerous path. I'm trying to help them out because I want everyone to be a success.
Not EVERYONE is like this however... you can't just pigeonhole everyone like this, it's not that simple. I can have a 'treat' or an 'off meal', or an 'off day' even, then move on... it doesn't lead me down a 'dangerous path'. To some, yes, it would, but definitely NOT to everyone.
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #26  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Seagirl, glad things are moving for you again!! Sometimes you just need a 'break' to recharge, then everything gets back on the right track again! You're doing awesome!!!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #27  
Workin' It

OP, I'm maintaining now too, not 7 years worth, true, but still maintaining. And I sometimes eat pizza and sometimes have a glass of wine and sometimes say "I've had a bad day so I want a frosty, heck with the consequences". Then I get up the net day and get back in the groove. I think what you did yesterday was just fine. Really, when I reread your post it didn't look like you went all crazy, either. Just that you had some pizza and wine and took a day off from exercise. 300 extra calories. Which equates to 0.085 pounds, if you don't work it off in the backbend class. Not that you planned to make it a long term habit, and you already had the next day scheduled. Sheesh.

I'm sorry, I know that you know all of that. I just felt like saying it.

Good luck honey. Don't let the scale, or anything else, get you down.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

And you know sometimes you just have to redo your plan. After 4 months of working out and eating 1500 calories and the weight loss stopping entirely I upped my calories to my BMR of 1900 and laid off the excercise for a whole week. That was actually by best week this past month. I may have to pump up my calories more on the day I excercise but for right now I'm staying at the higher calorie level
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #29  

Thanks ladies! I'm joining a friend at zumba tonight. I've never done it, but I figure what the heck. It's free at the lululemon here in down, so there are no excuses.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #30  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Thanks ladies! I'm joining a friend at zumba tonight. I've never done it, but I figure what the heck. It's free at the lululemon here in down, so there are no excuses.
I have several friends that swear by Zumba! The classes here are during the day when I have no car and 2 kids at home or I'd totally go! It looks like a blast, have fun!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote