Old 07-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Eating more and exercising less

Just for today! (I don't know what that monkey is doing but he's working his mojo here).

My stupid scale has been stuck, despite "eating less and exercising more."

So, today I said screw it. I'm having a fat and lazy day since that is what the scale thinks I'm doing anyway.

I had 2100 calories, up from my usual 1700. (I made an amazingly yummy little bbq chicken pizza and had some wine with it.) And am way to full to do yoga, and it's too rainy to go walking.

So, I'm declaring today slug day and thumbing my nose at the scale.

Tomorrow, I have a 2 hour yoga back-bend workshop and will be working my tail off (as I lean over backwards trying to see my tail) but tonight I am a slug. And loving it.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/146.4/122

Height: 5'1"

I did the exact same thing today. It will be interesting to see if I see any movement on the scale as a result -- either direction. Especially since I have been stuck on a plateau for weeks (despite eating less, then eating more, and working out non-stop)!
mkmlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

LOL. I was in exactly the same mindset yesterday. I've been on the same plateau for a month no matter how much more I step up my game, so finally said screw it, and blew off exercise (it was too hot here) and had a few extra calories (s'mores anyone?)

At this point I dont care if that makes it go up a lil, at least it'd be moving and maybe I could kick it back down a little. I swear the scale is literally stuck!
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

For your sake I hope you change your attitude in the future. After you reach your goal you will never be a successful maintainer unless you change your attitude. Dieting is more than just changing the foods you eat but changing your mindset. I know it sucks and some days you feel lazy but you can't give in. It's too easy to fall off the wagon and stay off.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #5  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
For your sake I hope you change your attitude in the future. After you reach your goal you will never be a successful maintainer unless you change your attitude. Dieting is more than just changing the foods you eat but changing your mindset. I know it sucks and some days you feel lazy but you can't give in. It's too easy to fall off the wagon and stay off.
There is a difference between falling off the wagon, and taking a day off. Taking a day off now and then is good for you mentally and I do believe it's good for keeping your metabolism guessing.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #6  

I'll check in with the scale on Friday. I did measure my waist, and it's down 1.5 inches from the beginning of June. I will be doing my measurements once a month.

Like I said, back to normal eating and working out today. Let's carry on, folks!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #7  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

The breaks are important for our body. It is a great way to refuel our muscles and help get our hormones back into place.

I think a lot of people diet too hard and forget to take the breaks.

The plan I'm following right now is 12 weeks of dieting and then I will take a two week break. During the break I will exercise less and eat at maintenance. It will refuel my body, heal my muscles, and level out my hormones...then I'll be ready to take on the next 12 weeks (when I'll hopefully be done dieting and on to permanent maintenance.)

I'm having one day a week right now where my calories are high and exercise low, though I've had a deficit every day (those are just smaller deficits.) It's working well for me.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I think having a break day from it all can help and I wish you the best
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #9  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

I don't know.. in my opinion, I think all of our scales are in cahoots and not moving for us on purpose!! LOL!! Good for you for having a *YOU* day! I had one the other day, and felt better about life afterwards! lol!! Now i'm back to it, and have actually lost a lb...

Hoping I can kick start my weight loss again.. it's sooo annoying when you bust your @ss and the scale won't show you some lovin'! lol!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
There is a difference between falling off the wagon, and taking a day off. Taking a day off now and then is good for you mentally and I do believe it's good for keeping your metabolism guessing.
Not really. Its too easy to say "oh I'll take the day off". Next thing you know you will be taking another day and then another day and finally your off the wagon. I've never taken a day off in 7 years, no you don't need to take days off.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #11  

Oh my.Talk about an all or nothing attitude.Which unfortunately can lead to disordered eating.
Seagirl-all is NOT lost.Every reasonable person takes a day off....a meal off...or just a snack off.YOU ARE NORMAL!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #12  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moralia View Post

Hoping I can kick start my weight loss again.. it's sooo annoying when you bust your @ss and the scale won't show you some lovin'! lol!
No KIDDING!!!

And I'm sorry, but I think taking a "mental health" day break from time to time is beneficial. Good for anyone that can maintain that focus every single day, but me... I'd go insane... and I've already got one foot in that door
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #13  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Uhm aren't you the one that said you loved to eat 900 calories of dominoes fried dough and cheese? .

She didn't say she sat around with her face in a bucket of fried chicken and waffles. I calorie cycle and that's my "lifestyle". I've consistently lost weight like that... it's not falling off the wagon.

OP, there's nothing wrong with your attitude and I hope the scale does some movin' in the right direction for you soon!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #14  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Not really. Its too easy to say "oh I'll take the day off". Next thing you know you will be taking another day and then another day and finally your off the wagon. I've never taken a day off in 7 years, no you don't need to take days off.
Okay maybe that works for YOU but the all or nothing attitude would certainly have the opposite effect for a lot of people.

Last edited by ValRock; 07-23-2009 at 01:13 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #15  

Ah, the scale moved!

So after my slug day, I had day that I had signed up for a two hour yoga workshop of back bends and back bend foundation work [which means abs], and inversions and other fun stuff. (which turned into 2.5 hours. Lord have mercy!) What a rush.

And this morning the scale was finally down by a pound. And it may be water, although I was drinking water through out the work shop, but even if it is, I earned every one of those sweat drops that left my body, and know that some fat is on it's way out too, to make room for all that muscle I was building.

And because of the scheduling of the workshop (6:30-9) I only ended up eating about 1100 calories yesterday so I will guess that my metabolism got a nice shock and will now continue to cooperate as I move on.