Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Ready2lose, if I don't drink my water I don't lose. I really don't understand totally why but I don't lose if I don't drink enough water. Good job on your first goal. BRAVO!

Retiredone, cookies are my big down fall. I haven't met one yet that didn't want me to eat it so it could stick on my gut. LOL! I really do have a problem with cookies so I avoid them at all cost. Holidays are the hardest because DH loves them also and I can't make them without eating them. I did find a frozen kind that he likes so that helps. That is fantastic about the degrees your DS and DIL finished. Its a lot of work.

Rain that still isn't to bad for calories. I am glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope todays weigh in goes well. HUGS!

Well the weekend went well didn't lose didn't gain which I am fine with. TOM came to visit me again this month which isn't unusual now with the change. I was complaining to DH and he said its just part of the change. GRRR! At least he is being understanding.

Anyway, I lost 2 lbs last week so I am happy with that and if I keep losing 2 lbs a week by mid April I will be at goal.

Went to look at that workhorse after all and decided he wasn't for me. He was much bigger than anticipated. I couldn't get on by myself because he was way to tall and I couldn't reach the saddle horn. DH helped me on and then he wouldn't move. I was like a fly on his back. I had to turn his head to the side and kick to get him out of neutral and then he walked like a turtle. Then I couldn't keep him going and I would kick and kick. Nothing worked and I told him I will tell others about him because he is a nice horse but he is really just to big for me. He was also jerking me around when I was trying to lead him because he wanted to eat and he knew he was bigger than me. ARG!

Have to get going and I will talk to you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #107  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey all!! I am not back on plan yet, TOM is coming and on top of that I managed to slam the car door on my left thumb! OUCH!!! That was one of the worst pains I have ever felt for now atleast until I have kids. LOL! So yeah...I am wearing a splint and tomorrow will have x-rays done. It hurts so bad!

Grammy- No gain, no loss is good in my book. LOL about your horse adventure though, I guess I am only laughing because I could picture you doing that. Cookies are good, but I am thankful they are not my downfall. Though I have other naughty treats that are.

Ready- Great job at the lose!!

Rain- Glad to hear you're feeling better too!!

Retire- pasta anything is my downfall......I love it, but it loves me too much. LOL

Well I better get back to work! Have a great day!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #108  

Well, I lost a pound last week, just from being sick! Really, I had such a bad cough and sinus issue that I didn't count calories but wasn't really hungry. So for all that suffering, at least I "gained" a lost pound! I'm back to counting calories today.
healtheeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 AM   #109  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Grammy, not gaining is good. I got a kick out of hearing about the horse.

Tinky, Owww! You poor thing. That had to hurt. I hope you heal fast.

Well, in spite of eating like ****e last week, I managed to lose three pounds. I think that exercise helped. Unfortunately I won't be able to rely on that for a good while. I murdered my baby toe on my right foot, this morning. Slammed it into the shower wall and it caught in the moulding and I heard a crunch. It went numb for a while and when the feeling returned... EeeeYowch! Now it is swollen and all black and blue underneath. I can walk on it, barefoot, if I am careful. But shoes and cardio are out of the question for a while.

I thought about seeing a doc, but they would just tape it, tell me to keep it elevated and rest it and take Advil for inflammation and discomfort. Which is what I am doing.

We are enjoying a lovely Indian Summer. Cool nights and days with temps in the mid to upper seventies. Talk about gorgeous. I am taking advantage of it and washing and hanging out extra laundry like blankets, duvets, sheets, afghans and so forth. Now everything is fresh, clean and fragrant. I love it when I slip into bed and it smells like sunshine and fresh air.

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #110  

Height: 5'7"

OH RAIN- bless your heart. Your right though the dr cant do anything for it! Try to stay off it as much as possible.
Had a good day yesterday. Calories came in right on target. Water was perfect. I started jumping on the minitramp and my tooth started throbbing so guess i will have to wait until i get it fixed to exercise. I go to the dentist at noon tommorow. I need prayers as i have a PANIC disorder when it comes to the dentist.
hugs
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #111  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

dgramie, hope your trip to the dentist will be uneventful, if you get my meaning. I have to get a crown on one of mine in the near future and have several more to get done. I'm sure you'll feel much better once everything is fixed up.

to Tinky and Rain Dancer on their wounded parts. I feel your pain as I hurt my thumb 2 months ago and still have residual pain. Healtheeme, glad you're on the mend and back to counting.

GrammyL, 2 pounds is great. I don't often lose that much in a week.

I'm off to exercise now that breakfast is farther down the digestive tract. Have a good day.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #112  

Thanks retired one on the congrats. You are so close to goal it would be hard to lose that much. I am hoping to lose 2 lbs a week until the weight is off. That means I would be done with my journey mid April. It seems so far away but it didn't come on over night and it won't come off that way either. Besides, slow means I will be more likely to keep it off.

Tinky, ouch on the poor thumb. I have shut my three of my fingers in the sliding door of a van. They throbbed for a long time. We were on vacation on an island with no hospitals so I never had them checked but obviously they weren't broken. My ODD did manage to get into a nursing home and she loves it. She is working Midnights and of course you lose lots of patients on that shift and she lost her first one last week. She handled it well, I don't do well with that type of thing but she seems to be fine. Go figure, she is cold hearted. LOL!

Rain that is fantastic news about the loss but not the toe. OUCH! I have also done that a few times and no, they do nothing for any toe. I don't even bother to go when its toes. I think the toe that hurt the worse to break is the big toe. My Horse used to purposely step on my feet and twist while he walked away when he was made at me. Lets say at least twice he got me before I paid attention at all times when he was walking near me. He even broke my DH's nieces toe once. Big horse, big feet.

dgramie I feel for you and I hope they can get it fixed soon. I went for a cleaning today and told them the problems I was having with the dental work they did a few months ago and I felt like they blew me off. Got to work to see if what they did fixed the problem, nope, it didn't. So when I go in for my next filling, which I can't believe I need all these fillings, I am telling them it didn't work. I go numb in the dental chair like they are giving me laughing gas and I think its because when I was a kid they always gave it to me before the shots. I know its odd but I am odd.

Healtheme I hope you get feeling better. Seems as if there are lots of colds going around this year. Sure hope it isn't a sign of how bad the year is going to be.

Well I better get going and I will talk to you all later.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #113  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
Grammy, not gaining is good. I got a kick out of hearing about the horse.
I got a kick out of that too. Cute story. I could picture it clearly in my mind as I was reading it. LOL.

Quote:
Tinky, Owww! You poor thing. That had to hurt. I hope you heal fast.
Best wishes from me too.

Quote:
Well, in spite of eating like ****e last week, I managed to lose three pounds. I think that exercise helped.
Awesome. I bet the exercise did help.

Quote:
Unfortunately I won't be able to rely on that for a good while. I murdered my baby toe on my right foot, this morning. Slammed it into the shower wall and it caught in the moulding and I heard a crunch. It went numb for a while and when the feeling returned... EeeeYowch! Now it is swollen and all black and blue underneath. I can walk on it, barefoot, if I am careful. But shoes and cardio are out of the question for a while.
Something similiar happened to me this past summer. I stubbed my babytoe very hard on a peice of furniture and it was swollen and black and blue for a couple of weeks.
Luckily for me it was flip-flop weather outside so I could go barefoot until it healed.
I hope you get better asap.

Quote:
I thought about seeing a doc, but they would just tape it, tell me to keep it elevated and rest it and take Advil for inflammation and discomfort. Which is what I am doing.
Smart lady.

Quote:
We are enjoying a lovely Indian Summer. Cool nights and days with temps in the mid to upper seventies. Talk about gorgeous. I am taking advantage of it and washing and hanging out extra laundry like blankets, duvets, sheets, afghans and so forth. Now everything is fresh, clean and fragrant. I love it when I slip into bed and it smells like sunshine and fresh air.
I love laundry when it smells like that. Mmmmm.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #114  

Height: 5'3"

Well I saved a few calories today. I went to make a sandwich with my last two slices of gluten free bread and there were a lot of little red ants inside the bag all over the bread having a feast.
I noticed them after I had lightly buttered the bread because the ants are so tiny and my vision is not what it was.
Good thing I never made toast. LOL.

We have been plagued with these little ants all over the house this past summer. I have been spraying but I think I need some ant traps to get rid of them for good so they can carry the poison back to the queen.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #115  

Canadianwoman, another trick I have been told is cucumber peels. I guess they don't like them. I have never personally tried them before but they say if you find the place where they are getting it just lay a few at the entrance and they will leave. Yes, good thing you don't eat toast.

Tinky, have you ever tried the on plan crepes for our program. I just love them for a snack. They are easy and remind me of naughty stuff.

I was happy when I got on the scale this morning, 182. WHOHOO! I look forward to being out of the 180's possibly next week. I didn't do bad last weekend but I need to do even better this weekend if I want that to happen. Been using my bands for sculpting and I am noticing a difference in my arms already. WHOHOO! I used to hate using them but now I like them better than weights.

Crisp morning today. It was down in the mid 20's. I don't mind as long as there isn't a wind chill factor. It wakes me up and makes me feel alive. Also makes me move faster. LOL! It did seem odd to be mowing the lawn and seeing my breath while I was doing it last night but it needs done. I have to finish tonight.

Well I better get going for now and I will talk to you all later.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #116  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Girls!
I'm looking for Diva, she left the 3fc site while I was still posting on this calorie countings thread last year? I know she returned because she looked me up and we chatted. I don't see her on the Calorie Counters anymore, did she leave the site again or go to other threads on 3fc?
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #117  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

There's a Diva that was in the Red Team Biggest Loser thread. She dropped out of the challenge but pops in every now and then. Don't know if it's the same Diva.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #118  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks Isabella, it's probably the same Diva. She had a close-up picture of her over her name, very beautiful with olive colored skin. I started going thru the Red team's sign up list but gave up after 6 pages. There are 66 pages, I looked for a Diva on the 3fc's and found about 8 Diva's with different #'s or name and I can't remember what she had behind hers. Next time she pops in, please tell her to look for me over at the granny's thread.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:14 AM   #119  

Denist yesterday couldnt do anything but start antibotics. I have infection around the tooth,so they are pulling it tommorow am.They may also have to pull the tooth behind it as it has infection in the gum around it also and its a wisdom tooth. I have never lost a tooth before and it kinda makes me sad. She said these things just happen at times.
I also went to my md yesterday and he was so HAPPY with my weight loss. I have been having some IBS issues and some other colon problems so for now i am off roughage and onto starchy carbs. fun fun..if things dont improve I will have to go to liquid for a few days. Im still trying to count calories and make the best choices i can make based on carbs.LOL
My dr did say after me losing over half the weight i need to lose we might need to adjust my calories down in a few weeks after my colon settles. He was saying to go down to 1300-1400 per day which would be a decrease of 100 per day. I dont know I guess i will see how my weight is after i get the tooth fixed and the colon straight.
hugs to all
Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #120  

OH the dr also wants to talk about cutting my blood pressure meds again!!I am so pumped about that!!