Old 10-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #16  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLouWho View Post
I've been counting calories with success for a few months now, except for one nagging problem. As soon as I reach the second half of my cycle (the day after ovulation) my appetite goes out of whack. I just can't eat enough to be satisfied--its like a switch is flipped. As soon as my cycle begins, I'm fine again--my appetite goes back to normal and I can easily stick with the 1500-1600 calories I eat per day (I eat 4 meals per day about 400 cal per meal). Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong with me? I realize that women's appetites do increase during this time, but I feel like mine is excessive and adding an extra 100-200 cal per day just isn't enough. Has anyone figured out a successful plan to cope? I'd appreciate any help--its SO frustrating... Thanks!
my tip would be to eat what you crave! just be rational about it. ;-)
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #17  
baby steps...

S/C/G: 261.4/253.4/180

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for asking the question AmyLouWho. I've got the same issue and some months it gets the better of me!

You've got some great tips here - a few of which I'm going to try!

Ingrid
clickchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #18  

I try to be gentle with myself when I am pmsing and craving like mad. I'll have the stray candy bar or whatever and enjoy myself. Sometimes I do substitute, chocolate soy milk is a favorite of mine if I'm craving chocolate. Baked, oiled and salted green beans are a huge favorite of mine is I am craving salt or for those times when I just want to eat even though I'm not hungry.
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote