Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #1  
~ The Walker ~

S/C/G: 48yrs/265/200?

Height: 5'7"

Question Does This Look OK?

does this look like a good way to go? im doing 1500 a day... and im what they call a Boring Eater... i usually almost always eat the same things everyday... i change the Type of Sandwich and The Meat with Dinner the Veggies and The Salad Stuff... but the rest is usually always the same... and i drink like 3 or 4 quarts of water everyday... does it look OK?

BREAKFAST: Coffee - Cheerios - Banana - 1% Milk (every single morning)

SNACK: Nutri Grain Bar or 100 Calorie Pack

LUNCH: Sandwich on 12 Grain Bread (no mayo) - Fruit

SNACK: Nutri Grain Bar or 100 Calorie Pack

DINNER: Chicken or Turkey - Veggies - Rice or Potato - Salad
Girleeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hm. That doesn't look like 1500 cals to me, but then I don't know quantities and you don't say what kind of sandwich.

I would think that you could add more protein to your morning meal.

I personally would ditch the 100 cal packs and the bars for a piece of real fruit or some veggies and hummus or something like that.

And I think you could use more veggies overall, no tjust with your evening meal.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

I'm not anti-bar for snacks -- but I would go with a Protein Bar of some kind and skip the 100 calorie packs. Or have apples/carrots dipped in peanut butter or some other protein source or veggies with hummus...something like that for snack. Your morning looks really low in protein. Protein will help you maintain your lean muscle mass -- keeping your metabolism up, and it will make you feel more full and for longer.

Maybe not ALWAYS eat cheerios? Perhaps switch it up with something higher in protein like almond butter on toast, or even a sandwich in the morning instead of for lunch -- or how about yogurt with fruit and some kind of cereal in it -- even Cheerios.

And I agree with Photochick...you look like you could use a few more veggies a day.

It didn't look like 1500 calories a day to me either -- unless you are eating a large portion of those calories in big portions at dinner or a really BIG sandwich. If that is the case, I would scale back the big dinner or big lunch and spread the calories around.

Good luck!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  
~ The Walker ~

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumeany View Post
I'm not anti-bar for snacks -- but I would go with a Protein Bar of some kind
Thanks For This Info - but i looked into Protein Bars like PowerBar and they are pretty HIGH in calories --- like 250 - 350 Per Bar! isnt that kinda defeating the purpose? what would BE a Good Protein Bar with less calories?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Calories are not the enemy.

It's better to have a 250 calorie bar that has nutritional value than a 150 calorie bar that has none. Look at the nutrients on your Nutrigrain bar and you'll see that there's very little actual nutrition there for the calories.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #6  
~ The Walker ~

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Calories are not the enemy.

It's better to have a 250 calorie bar that has nutritional value than a 150 calorie bar that has none. Look at the nutrients on your Nutrigrain bar and you'll see that there's very little actual nutrition there for the calories.

Knowledge, Knowledge, Knowledge... this is EXACTLY what i need! Thank You! ( I ) would have never thought about it that way... thats exactly WHY i came here to CC!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girleeee View Post
Thanks For This Info - but i looked into Protein Bars like PowerBar and they are pretty HIGH in calories --- like 250 - 350 Per Bar! isnt that kinda defeating the purpose? what would BE a Good Protein Bar with less calories?

Also note that these protein bars are meal replacement bars, and are quite filling -- especially when you have it with a glass of water. Often times for a snack, I will cut one in half. Then you get 2 snacks for the cost of 1 bar
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote