Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today 1499

Fat 27%

Fiber 46 grams

I got my mile and a half walk in at lunch again today. I feel so much better on the days that I get my walk in. I really need to try harder to walk every day.

Lovemyboy~ Congrats on the 2lb loss!

Everyone have a great evening!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Calories 1455
Fiber 45%
NO WINE (2nd day!!!)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!

I'm on spring break, and a couple of days have not been good. Sunday and Monday you could say I was not OP. Did I already post about this? I can't remember, which is sad, but then the days can tend to run together on break. Anyway, Sunday was a big buffet to start, which was deadly. My calculations at end of day were around 2300, but who knows... it was likely more than that. No exercise Sunday or Monday and then Monday was another dinner out. I think my calories Monday were between 1800-2000.

So, today I'm back on track. Thank goodness.
Calories -- 1280
Fiber -- 53
Exercise -- 1 hour tennis with DH
Goal for rest of week:
Calories around 1200-1300
Drink lots of water
Eat at least 40 grams fiber per day
Exercise Wed, Thu, Fri -- at least one of these needs to be intense

I really need to watch it for the rest of break. I am not expecting a loss, but I do not want to GAIN. I do sooo much better when I have my regular routine. Also, it's a good thing I don't eat out much -- it's just so hard to resist all the good stuff and also to figure out how much to put in fitday. It's just better to stay OP and eat what I know works for me!

Theresa - terribly sorry to hear about your husband's fingers... OUCH!

Good job to all those who are having losses this week!!!

Oh, on another note, I have a car that is on its last legs and DH and I are going car shopping tomorrow. I always buy used (the frugal side of me), but I am somewhat enamored with these new little boxy type cars -- Toyota Matrix especially, but I also like the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa. We are going to test drive some tomorrow and maybe see if we can find a used one in next couple months. Do any of you have one of these cars or know anyone who knows? Thoughts, ideas, advice?? Thanks!!

Have a great Wednesday, gang. Eat healthy and be happy!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody. I just got home from work and I'm wide awake.

Let me see ... if I go to bed as soon as I finish my wine (without snacking) I'll be at 1900 and some calories. Tsk ... but that's a deficit.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi,

I just wanted to say... Watch you Fiber one boxes, inside. I eat the Fiber One Clusters. This morning I open a new box and found a coupon inside,
for a free Box of Fiber One bars. (Printed inside of the box).

Lara,
when you look at your Google tool bar. If You right click on it.On a blank spot, you will see an option to LOCK the tool bars. If you click that,
It will be much harder for it to Hide on you.

Justme,
That's great, I hope you did break your plateau. I hope its a longggg time before I hit one.

How long does it take you to break it?
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Theresa ~ I sure hope you DH isn't as big a baby as mine or you may go insane with him at home.

Claire ~ I have to have structure or I have a hard time sticking to any type of plan. I want a small car like that but I have a TrailBlazer because DH wants me to have 4 wheel drive in the winter. I actual like those little tiny cars and really want one but they look like death traps.

Zenor ~ WTG on the walking. I always feel much better went I go for walks, even a short 10 minute walk. I think it keeps the blood moving and helps clear the head.

Lovemyboy ~ on the loss.

Justme ~ I made it thru the rest of the day safely with those pants but was really careful going down the stairs.

Calories for Tuesday: 1354
I am not sure how they ended up this low but I will take it.

Well TOM is debating on starting early or it thinks it wants to. For the past few months its a little confused on what is going on. I started the change about a year ago, hormones out of wack and night sweats, but I stayed regular up till about 3 months ago. Now its all messed up, I spot, start, stop, start again and this goes one for about a week and a half. I am hoping to follow in my Mom's shoes and be done by 40.

Well I better get going and I will pop in later before I head to the dentist.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #52  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. I haven't been on line too much lately. Kids are all home from school and I have a nasty chest cold/cough/congestion/stuffy nose/headache thingy going on.

Monday's calories - about 1300
Tuesday's calories - about 1400

Have a great day ladies. And gent.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

FIBER ONE!!!! FIBER ONE!!!! FIBER ONE!!!! OK so I finally got some yesterday....came home ate a serving between breakfast and lunch (just munched on it, YUMMY!!) Had another serving at my bad munchy time of 2pm ish, and then another right before 7pm.....(I ate other stuff too!!) It actually really did help me feel full for awhile!! I was low on calories yesterday because I just wasn't hungry...Calories total 1100!!

GrammyL: My TOM has been a bit wacky lately and I was told this is NORMAL and I'm getting old!! (I'm only 33!!) i USED TO be like clockwork, now it comes a bit early then normal some months, just craziness!!!

littlered: For the last month my weight has been bouncing back and forth between 168 and 172 I weigh daily, sometimes more...morning and night weight..I actually like seeing the fluctuation throughout the day...and the water % on the scale...I dont freak out if I see one afternoon I "gained" 4 lbs by the afternoon...I know this is just normal....Anyways, last month its been 168-172 in the morning weighin...Yesterday it was 167!! I think I may have broke it I haven't seen the scale hit over 170.5 for a couple days (even in the afternoon)....I'll be VERY happy when I never see anything in the 170's again!! Just keep chugging on I guess....

My mom went up to NJ to take care of her mom, she'll be back in about 2 weeks...making her gone for about 2 months...NOT only do I miss her and my kids miss her...I'm curious to see if she sees a big change in my weight since she left......LOL You know how when you dont see someone for so long, you notice it...but people who see me everyday the change is gradual!! we both decided when she got back we'd go spring/summer clothes shopping together...So I'd like to get down to at least 160ish before we go (3 weeks ish)
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #54  
Lifetime Loser

1630 cal. yesterday and that included 2 drinks!!
880 deficit

I did walk my mile and an extra 15 minutes with the dog but he has to hike his leg on every tree!!! lol

Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #55  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!

Yesterday's calories... 1,224
Fiber... 51 grams
My menu was pretty much the same except for supper. DH wanted Chocolate Chip pancakes and sausage. I made them with Bisquick lite mix, only made enough for him. I didn't want to waste my calories on chocolate chips so I made myself 3 slices of cinnamon french toast and only ate 1/2 of a sausage patty. I couldn't force myself to eat the whole thing, (140 calories) besides that, it was greasy even after I patted the fat off it. Yuk!
CoolMom... Fitday's progress graph is motivating to look at but the predicted day you'll make your goal isn't reliable. Everyone loses fast to begin with and the bar's predicted goal date goes according to that. I should have made my goal long before I actually did if I went by their chart.
Quote:
I thought the bar graph was a little hard to use for specifics.

Susan... I went back to see why March's calorie averages were so low. I didn't know they did this, but they cleared out all the past months records????. I clicked in March 1 - March 31 and they only listed them starting March 8th. (3-1 thru 3-7 gone)Then I had a whole week of watching what I ate for my colonoscopy and 42 hours of no food. I averaged the days that I ate normally and it was around 1100, still too far under 1200 so this is a wake up call for me. I'm so glad you mentioned yours, or I wouldn't have paid much attention, Thanks!

Allison... I did the 10X weight and it works for me. I should be eating 1300 calories to maintain at 130 pounds and less for losing. I set my calories at 1200 and that's how I lost my weight. My age and activity level has a lot to do with it, those of you that set your calories higher are much more active than I and need that much.
JustMe...
Quote:
FIBER ONE!!!! FIBER ONE!!!! FIBER ONE!!!! OK so I finally got some yesterday....came home ate a serving between breakfast and lunch (just munched on it, YUMMY!!)
You really went out on a limb eating that much on the first day, did you lose weight this morning? It's very important that you drink at least 8 glass of water with that much fiber.

Here's the recipe I put together for the Coconut Meringue Bites.
4 Egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I left this out and put in coconut extract instead)
2/3 cup Splenda (bulky kind) Use regular sugar if you don't use splenda.
The original recipe didn't call for coconut so I didn't know how much to put in.
One ounce of unsweetened coconut has 187 calories so I only put in 1/4 of that. I was afraid the beaten peaks would dissolve after folding in the coconut but it didn't, so next time I'll add more coconut. The calories would still be next to nothing if you added the whole 1 oz. of coconut.
***Preheat oven to 250 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
***Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and extract at high speed until foamy.
***Add Splenda, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
***Spoon heaping Tablespoons onto baking sheets.
***Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off and leave overnight in oven. If they begin to brown, reduce oven temps to 225. (Mine only took about 1 hour to bake and I didn't leave them over night in oven, I saw no reason to?)
***Store in air-tight container

Theresa (49 g) ~ Zenor (46 g) ~ Allison (45 g) Claire (53 g)Way to go!
High everyone I missed, hope you all have nicer weather than we have at the moment. It's snowing again!

Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Bobbolink: I must get a lot of fiber normally through fruits, veggies, oatmeal and beans (others) because it didn't make me run for the bathroom.....LOL ALL was good!! After my third serving I was like....ohhhh maybe I shouldn't have....but all is good!!
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #57  

I have been bad about coming on regularly. I asked about the wheat bran a while back.. wondered if you got that in a health food store or just what it was. I don't know what it is about me not being able to stick to anything.. perhaps it has something to do with high stress job and watching my Alheimer's mom!!!! but I really want to commit to this and making the blueberry muffins is a start.. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning!

Yesterday's calories... 1,224
Fiber... 51 grams
My menu was pretty much the same except for supper. DH wanted Chocolate Chip pancakes and sausage. I made them with Bisquick lite mix, only made enough for him. I didn't want to waste my calories on chocolate chips so I made myself 3 slices of cinnamon french toast and only ate 1/2 of a sausage patty. I couldn't force myself to eat the whole thing, (140 calories) besides that, it was greasy even after I patted the fat off it. Yuk!
CoolMom... Fitday's progress graph is motivating to look at but the predicted day you'll make your goal isn't reliable. Everyone loses fast to begin with and the bar's predicted goal date goes according to that. I should have made my goal long before I actually did if I went by their chart.

Susan... I went back to see why March's calorie averages were so low. I didn't know they did this, but they cleared out all the past months records????. I clicked in March 1 - March 31 and they only listed them starting March 8th. (3-1 thru 3-7 gone)Then I had a whole week of watching what I ate for my colonoscopy and 42 hours of no food. I averaged the days that I ate normally and it was around 1100, still too far under 1200 so this is a wake up call for me. I'm so glad you mentioned yours, or I wouldn't have paid much attention, Thanks!

Allison... I did the 10X weight and it works for me. I should be eating 1300 calories to maintain at 130 pounds and less for losing. I set my calories at 1200 and that's how I lost my weight. My age and activity level has a lot to do with it, those of you that set your calories higher are much more active than I and need that much.
JustMe... You really went out on a limb eating that much on the first day, did you lose weight this morning? It's very important that you drink at least 8 glass of water with that much fiber.

Here's the recipe I put together for the Coconut Meringue Bites.
4 Egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I left this out and put in coconut extract instead)
2/3 cup Splenda (bulky kind) Use regular sugar if you don't use splenda.
The original recipe didn't call for coconut so I didn't know how much to put in.
One ounce of unsweetened coconut has 187 calories so I only put in 1/4 of that. I was afraid the beaten peaks would dissolve after folding in the coconut but it didn't, so next time I'll add more coconut. The calories would still be next to nothing if you added the whole 1 oz. of coconut.
***Preheat oven to 250 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
***Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and extract at high speed until foamy.
***Add Splenda, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
***Spoon heaping Tablespoons onto baking sheets.
***Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off and leave overnight in oven. If they begin to brown, reduce oven temps to 225. (Mine only took about 1 hour to bake and I didn't leave them over night in oven, I saw no reason to?)
***Store in air-tight container

Theresa (49 g) ~ Zenor (46 g) ~ Allison (45 g) Claire (53 g)Way to go!
High everyone I missed, hope you all have nicer weather than we have at the moment. It's snowing again!

Bobbi
delarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #58  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I went 150 kcal over yesterday because "dinner" was two hot dogs at the ballpark. Still, I avoided all the other crap there and I'd budgeted one of them ahead of time. Here's to a stricter today!
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #59  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

1689 calories today. They had cinnamon buns at work today too. I resisted.

I too bought some fiber one but haven't tried it yet.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #60  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm doing good and feeling great! I'm well over that hump of getting started, and now its just a matter of letting time do its thing.

about 1600 cals today.

Anyone else imagine themselves smaller than they really are? I still think of myself as a thin person, and its really shocking to see myself in the mirrored closet doors in my bedroom. LOL
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote