Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #436  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello all!!!! I'm pretty new to this Calorie Count Forum. I've tried to do other plans, but got obsessed with counting numbers, so I found something that I can actually stick to! Calorie Counting!!!
I'm really trying to eat whole foods, vegetables, fruits, lean proteins etc.
I'm so glad to have found this forum too!!! I did Fat Smash, but found that following a structured program hard to follow. I lose, then gain, then lose, then gain. So here I am. I'm trying to keep it 1400-1600 Calories per day.
Looking forward to this journey!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Dinner Last Night

Littlered~ We went up to San Luis to go to our favorite resturant (Chow Novo) and it was closed! I guess it was only open while it's sister resturant (Novo) was being retro-fitted for earthquake saftey. So we went to Novo.

I was very happy to see my favorites on the menu. We started with samosas (curried potato in wonton wrapper~FRIED~so bad, but so good.) They come with a mint-jalapeno chutney. Then we had sauteed green beans and grilled lamb chops (the little lolly pop size) with lavendar salt (sounds wierd, but it's really yummy.) Then we had a cheese plate with champagne and ginger-lemon sorbet for dessert.

I know it sounds like an enormous amount of food, but everything was a "small plate." It's a tapas resturant; everything is appetizer size and we shared. So even though I went way over on calories (I estimated up) I wasn't over stuffed, just nicely full.

It was a nice treat. I hardly ever eat red meat and the lamb was amazing, so it was worth it to me. I honestly think I enjoy food like this more when it is a rare occasion and not often. When it's a treat it's so much easier to enjoy smaller portions versus stuffing yourself because it's normal fare. We had a lot of fun!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

I'm trying to stay around 1400 today and so far so good! I'll be walking on my lunch today too. Does anyone else find it helpful to have a routine? I find when it gets disrupted that I feel so much better to get back to it. It's more relaxing for me because I know what to expect.

Tinky~ WELCOME!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon my good friends!

Mary ~ I went and had my hair done last night on a whim. It was a horrible day at work and I just needed a distraction.

Lovemyboy ~ I wish I would have gotten him out because now its raining and I won't be able to. Poor planning on my part, I got my hair done. I should have done my hair tonight and got my pony out last night. Oh well.

Theresa ~ Your DGD sure has some challenges ahead of her but it sounds like she has so much love and support she is doing fantastic. I went to the website to read a little bit about the disease because I didn't know much about it. It really is a horrible thing but like I said she has a wonderful family to help her thru. It won't be long before you are having to baby proof your house and chase her. Yes, horses and ponies can be very helpful for kids and I wish I lived close so you could bring her out. Peek-a-boo is so good with little kids. DGS is leary of the horses this year and we are working and getting him over it but not pushing him to hard. He will sit on Peek for a few minutes but then wants off. He isn't as afraid when DH takes him out because DH is as tall as the big horses and a big guy so DGS feels safer. The only one not taller than me is th pony and even then he is as tall as me when he lifts his head. HAHAHAHA!

Welcome Tiny009 and I look forward to getting to know you.

I decided on a whim last night to get my hair done. I have never had my hair professionally high lighted and I haven't had it professionally cut in 4 years. Last night DD wanted to get her hair cut so we went. I walked in and decided I wanted high lights and a cut. It turned out fantastic and I feel wonderful. I went from frizzy curly plain hair to my butt to shoulder length blonde highlights with curls. DH works out of town and will be so surprised. I told him about it but he won't see it until Friday. My coworkers are shocked but can't believe how fantastic I look. Amazing what a difference hair can make.

Some of the bloat is gone but TOM is here so will see if the rest leaves tomorrow. If it doesn't by Friday I will move my avi back up. I have the feeling I am actually going to be back where I was tomorrow despite TOM.

Still reading my new diet book. I think this is the best diet book I have ever read. It just reinforces all the things that I have learned over the years and takes my doubts away. The section I am reading is about protions, calories, who much of this or that you should have a day. The part that really woke me up when I was reading and he addresses that some people have to be very strict with their plan because of years of dieting, diabetes, thyroid, etc. Finally someone addresses this. I sometimes get flustrated when I don't lose fast but its probably from years of dieting. I did have the brush with diabetes and thyroid is slow but not enough to be concerned about at this point. LUCKY ME!

Well I better get going.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #439  

I'm behind on what everyone else is doing! Heck, I'm behind on what I'm doing!

Had an AWESOME day. Today was "Saturday" for us because my husband is off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Mike made me a delicious omelette for breakfast! Then we checked out a new park, walked around a lot. Then we came home, made fajitas, and headed back out. We went to Target and I finally bought a couple new outfits!! I knew it had the potential to be depressing (still a long way to go!) but I kept my spirits up and had a decent time. Then we came home, I worked out at Curves HARD and now the kiddies are all in bed.

I bought a pair of bermuda style shorts (hits me at the knee) and a see through patterned shirt (empire style waist) to go over my nursing tanks. I also got a knee length brown a-line skirt (kind of vintage style) and a lavendar tee to go with it. The shorts were a 16, the skirt a 14 and the shirts were a...wait for it....LARGE! Woo hoo! I also got a pair of workout capris - Mike picked them out - in aubergene.

Anyways, I still have to have dinner, so I'll post then. I think I'm going to be low today, because I missed my AM snack, but one day will be okay.

Are we going to start a May thread?
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Todays numbers.
Cal: 1390
Fat: 26%
Carbs: 44%
Fiber: 39
Protein: 30%

Not much going on today. Lots of bad weather. So I am getting off for the night.
have a good one.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories today~ 1521
Fiber~ 41

Calories are a little high, but the chocolate was calling to me! Oh, well, tomorrow is another day and I'm not that much over. I'm still aiming for between 1400 to 1500 cals, although I was hoping to go under to help compensate for last nights yumminess.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #442  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I mentioned last week wasn't so good and I did gain a pound at my TOPS weigh-in. I'm going to tighten up my calorie control and get back on track with my green tea. I believe it was a lot of sodium bloat from the pizza and subway meats.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #443  

zenor - I was really impressed with your calories on an intentional day off. I'm so glad that you kept yourself within reason, didn't stress about having a higher day, and didn't use it as an excuse to overeat - oh yeah, and enjoyed your meal! And enjoyed your chocolate.....

grammy - I'm sure that your hair looks beautiful! I'll bet that felt like a mini-makeover. I love waxing my eyebrows because I think that it gives me an instant eyelift. I hope to get a new haircut sometime. I had such thick hair when I was pregnant and now it is all falling out.

Welcome Tinky!

coolmom - I need to start drinking green tea as well. I have never drank it cold, which is what I'd need during the summer. The only hot drink I can have in the warm weather is coffee. How do you take yours?

And I was reading something today about the many benefits of hot water with lemon (1/2 - 1 lemons in about 10 oz) - do you know anything about this? ]

Okay, here were my calories for today:
Total: 1545
Fat: 70 40%
Carbs: 133 30%
Fiber: 17
Protein: 115 30%

I see that my fiber was woefully low. I have never counted fiber, but fitday calulates it so I've been paying attention. I notice that others here aim for 25g +, so I figure that I'd be in good company if I did the same.

BREAKFAST: Delicious 2 egg omelette with soysage, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and Parmesan cheese. 1/2 pice of whole wheat toast
SNACK: none
LUNCH: steak fajitas with 2 slices of avocado, lettuce, whole wheat tortillas
SNACK: 1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese and 12 cheddar bunnies
DINNER: large salad with turkey breast diced
DESSERT: 1/2 c. Splenda ice cream, 1/2 oatmeal raisin flax cookie (under 150 calories!)

Have a good night everyone (for those of you who live in North America).
Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #444  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Carrie, I bought a big box of Japanese green tea from Costco. Its a 100 ct. box. I just drink it unsweetened and hot...well, luke warm by the time I get back to it. I notice I pee a ton after drinking it, and it energizes me.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #445  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies!

Well I am stopping in a little earlier than normal today because my first sets of exams are out and I am waiting to clean them up when they get back and take the answer sheets over for grading. Such a thankless job.

Beautiful morning outside and it made it very difficult to come in. The upside is I get to do department errands which will get me out. My student wouldn’t do errands yesterday because of the rain so today she can just sit her butt here while I go do them and get out. What comes around goes around. HEHEHEHE!

Calories for Tuesday: 1435
I am not complaining and don’t really understand what is going on but all that I bloated up over the weekend is coming right back off despite TOM. This is a new concept for me since I usually gain about 5 lbs during TOM and it sticks around for a long time. Just one more pound and I will be back to where I was.

Carrie ~ The outfits sound so cute. I need to get about 3 lbs off to be where I was when I bought tons of close last year. They fit but are a little bit snug and I don’t like snug clothing. Yes, it did feel like a mini makeover for me because it has been so long since I did anything with my hair. So many compliments that it makes me realize that yes, my hair looked as bad as it felt. I went thru a faze when I lost some of my hair but I think it was from the high protein diet I was on but I could afford to lose a little. I really don’t think its all that thick anymore but according to the lady doing my hair it is. I will take it considering my Mom, sister’s and Aunt on my Dad’s side all have super thin hair. Makes me wonder if diabetes plays a factor in it since all three are diabetics. My Dad’s side of the family has really thick, course, wavy or curly hair so my Aunt’s thin hair is odd.

Zoe ~ It would be so nice if they could create pizza and subs without all the sodium. I don’t really understand why restaurants have to add so much salt to everything. Does it really make it taste that much better? Geez!

I started to use the Oil of Ola antiaging creams. I never realized how soft they make your skin. In just three days my skin is like my DGS skin. Yes, the wrinkles are still there but my skin is just so soft. The one that I use in the morning has some of that tanning stuff in it and it just adds a little glow to the skin or at least it does for me.

I am really shocked by myself lately. I am actually starting to care what I look like which is total opposite of the norm. I mean I used to care but not like I do now. I am even wanting to go to the tanner and get my nails done. I won’t have the nails done because I always break them off, which is painful, because I am to much of a tomboy and not careful with them. The tanner sounds like fun though. I think I just feel I deserve a little pampering in my life all of a sudden and I don’t see nothing wrong with it. This is all good because it is also getting me motivated to get the weight off also.

I forgot to measure with the tape measure this morning but I am going to try and remember to do it tomorrow. Even though I am up a little the pants I wore last hear and didn’t fit a month ago now fit perfectly. I must be losing inches.

I better get going. The first round of exams are getting ready to come in.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 285/270/165

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

Default Hi I'm new

I've been reading almost all of the post lately and I've been counting calories for a bit and just wanted some support. You all seem very cool and I'm happy to found this spot.
salsakym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #447  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsakym View Post
I've been reading almost all of the post lately and I've been counting calories for a bit and just wanted some support. You all seem very cool and I'm happy to found this spot.
Glad to have you here too! This is an awesome group for support. Check out the new May chat thread. The April one is so, like, Monday.