Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Theresa. Unfortunately, we leave for vacation this weekend. I probably shouldn't have changed that ... just yet.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi, everyone.

its such a quit night here tonight. Hubby went back to work today.
So I have the evening at home without him. Its been a long evening.

I did much better today. Ate my 1600 cal. Only 34 fiber. but... I got 10 glasses of water. and 30 oz. herbal tea. (No sugar.)

It amazes me how much water I can drink, If its half frozen. don't like it warm! Yuk.

I just realized its been 6 weeks since I had a coke! I tasted Hubbys...It did not taste good. My one addiction besides Sweets.

Carbs high as usuall. but I have lots of fruit and veggies in there too.

I am trying to get my 1600 cal. of healthy foods for the next week.
( Last months average was 1480 calories. )
To see If I needed more calories to get a better weight loss.

I know I seem impatient... I am.

We all try so hard, It does seem like a lot of work for such a small loss.

Went to Curves and Did 1 mile today.
Got 3 miles yesterday!
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories today~ 1431

Fat~ 25%

Fiber~ 35 grams

I need to start getting my walks in again. I think I need to find an alternate route around the house for days when I'm not able to walk at work (on my lunch.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #214  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

My big night out with friends was canceled, but some family watched the kids while hubby and I went to a movie. After the movie, we stopped for a drink and shared a chicken strip/fry meal.

Total cals about 2500.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #215  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette View Post
Thanks so much for the advice, Rockinrobin. I am on my way to the grocery store in just a minute with my mind on "veggies". I would love to graze on fruits and yoghurt during the day, but I'm diabetic, so I can't. It kicks my sugars up really high. For example, to eat a banana and not have my bloodsugar go way up, I'd have to cut it in half...eat one half...wait an hour.. eat the other half. :P it's really really frustrating. Of course, if I exercised every time I ate a piece of fruit, that might well do the trick.
I was talking to my mom, a long time calorie counter, who also suggested that I put down the crackers and move on to something like raw broccoli and carrots...something crunchy and heathier. So, I'm thinking you are all on to something here. I will try this over the weekend and see if I can handle it.
I think you're doing a fabulous job.. absolutely inspiring.

-Miette
Hi Miette. I wasn't aware thaat you are diabetic. I'm sure that adds lovely, just lovely complications to your weightloss (I hope you caught the sarcasam). I am not diabetic, but sugar bothers me greatly. I eat very, very little fruits, although I just started eating apples again. And I do eat strawberries. Bananas are a rare treat for me. I have about 1/2 a month. I still find I get the most volume calorie wise from veggies. Green beans are great. Low in calories and sugar. I eat them when I am munched. I spray a aluminum foiled baking sheet (easy clean up) with cooking spray and add the green beans and lots of garlic powder and then spray again with the cooking spray and roast them in the oven till they start to get brownish. They are delicious. A great snack. Cauliflower is another staple for me. I eat about 3 cups of it a day. I cook it in about an inch of water seasoned with a little consome. It's also very low in calories, high in fiber - very filling and satisfying.

Friday's calories - about 1200. I walked tons and tons yesterday as well. Knees are a bit tired today. Will have to take it a bit easy today.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone. Make it a good one.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I haven't checked in lately (just lurking because I've been so busy at work). Weight is up again.....back to 140 this morning. I've really got to get a grip on that! I'm going out of town to a conference next week and don't know what to expect in the way of food, but it is usually light due to it being a women's conference.

Weird thing happened with me the other day. I've been eating fat free Fage plain yogurt for some months now (I love it with a frozen banana mashed into it). Well, Thursday I was in a bit of a hurry and grabbed one of DH's Yoplait fat free yogurts to go with my lunch. YUCK! It was so super-sweet I almost gagged! Amazing how your taste buds get accustomed to one way of eating! But then again......chocolate never does this to me LOL!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #217  
Pudgy Mommy

S/C/G: 234/209/140lbs.

Height: 5ft.2inches

Default Rockinrobin

That is a really great idea about the green beans! I am definately going to try that. I have this weird aversion to califlower, but I can eat it if I really set my mind to it and I think I should give it a try. I'm a horrible cook, but I can manage to steam a head of califlower, I think.

Tonight will be a big challenge for me. DH is a fabulous cook and is making a homemade pizza from scratch. I have the fixings for a nice salad so I'm going to try really hard to eat as much salad as I can and just have a slice or so of the pizza, but I love pizza, it will be hard to resist more!

Sorry you're knees are hurting you...I have walked too much myself the past couple of days. I recently had a hysterectomy and I'm kinda pushing myself a little too hard. It's time to rest and let my body heal a bit. Take good care and have a lovely weekend!

-Miette
Miette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #218  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
Wed's fiber... 64 grams
Thur's ... 64 g
Fri's ... 77 g
My calories were low all three days, under 1200. NoNo!
I haven't taken the time to post either, I'm trying to finish up a winter project. (Large Quilt)
Welcome to the newbies, Jayjay (Joanne), Abbyin, Michelle and Miette (from across the pond) It's always nice to have new imput and meet new people.
Zenor... How's the meds working for you?
Quote:
He prescribed me 10mg of Lexapro daily. This is supposed to have the least amount of side effects. I've taken everything else in the past and have had major side effect issues. We'll see how this goes. I did not want to take meds, but I need to function. So I'm trying it and hoping for the best.
I see you like fish, my hubby picked up a box of individually frozen Tilapia and I thawed out two of them for supper. Then I recorded the nutritional information on Fitday and noticed they were "Farm Raised" Yuck, Icky, blah! I'm so mad I didn't notice it before I broke the seal and thawed out two. Darn, I hate farm raised fish. All I can imagine is the pellets they feed them and what's in the pellets. I'll have to choke them down, it's a huge box.

Love... Congrats on the 3.6 pound loss,
Lara... Our daughter has mild depression and I told her about the SAM-e you take. What exactly is it? I was going to look it up but forgot to. Is it a herb of some sort?
Theresa.... I never heard how much snow we got but most of it is gone today. We had 50's temps yesterday and it's going to get warmer today. Hope that's the last of it!
Susan... Funny story about your 4'9" grandmother and her teeth. I'm so glad that dentistry has advanced and teeth are no longer pulled. I remember my grandfather eating peas with a knife. He ate everything with a knife! They always poured their coffee into the saucer and drank it out of that. Another great advance, the mug!
I'm baking DH a spice cake and it smells heavenly, the timers just about to go off, catch ya tomorrow.
Hello to everyone I didn't have time to gab to, Bye
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #219  

I have an awesome recipe to share! We had it on Easter and I've modified it a bit to make this morning (with what I had in the fridge.) Yummy!

Crustless Smoked Salmon Quiche

1 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream I used yogurt this morning
1 t Dijon mustard
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
1/2 cup shredded Gouda I used light Feta this morning
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped smoked salmon I used mushrooms this morning and doubled the amount
2T fresh dill or 2t dry I used a pasta seasoning
1/2t black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine first 5 ingredients and whisk until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a 9-inch pie pan that has been sprayed with no stick spray.
Bake 35 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
~Makes 8 servings
~Per serving: 95 calories/3g fat/7.5g carbs/8.8g protein

It's yummy with the original ingredients and the "experiment" is in the oven right now.

Bobbi~ The medicine thing isn't going to well. I ended up with a side effect that only hits 5% of people. It make me feel like I had the flu (but with out the runny nose and sore throat.) I was achy and I was shivering without being cold. The doctor pulled me off of it. This was the only medication that I haven't tried before and they all had bad side effects that were worse than the problem. I think I must metabolize these meds in a strange way. I did more research on the fish oil and that should only take a month to kick in, so I may just take that and see how it goes. I'm also thinking of finding a Tai Chi or Yoga class to take, I thought that might help with the stress factor.

I think that all the Tilapia I have seen in the stores is farmed. Tilapia is one of the few fish that the Monterey Aquarium Seafood Watch says is okay to eat farmed. I've never thought about the pellets that they feed them; now I will have that imagine in my head for awhile.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Things are still crazy here BUT I actually took time yesterday and ate decently....having about 1200 calories BUT most importantly....I SLEPT a GOOD full nights sleep, not just a couple hours. I still have a ton I need to get done and am pushing myself to get it done this weekend... I jumped out of bed this morning and before coffee was made was already getting things done...

OH OH OH, I stopped by my brothers store this morning on my way to do some stuff and he was on the phone with our cousin...I walk into the office and he was like "MY GOSH!! How much weight did you loose??? You got thin!!" he sees me every week, so I dont know why he hasn't noticed before...LOL anyways, my brother is very overweight, over 350lbs at least and he seemed pretty interested in how I've been doing it....So maybe that he sees that it CAN be done he might do something for himself...I told him also that is been over the last 5-6 months it wasn't overnight...MEN they just dont notice anything... OH and these jeans I'm wearing today..FANTASTIC they actually do make me look tall and thin...my perfect jeans...I could wear them everyday..
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #221  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone....Well I think I need to start posting everyday and checking in. I have been kinda letting things go and not writing everything done. I have been using Fitday kinda. On some days I do and some days I don't. I still have been CCing in my mind, so I know that I haven't been doing to bad. I went up from my low a couple of weeks ago but have made it back down to 154 again. I am hoping that the weather here will start to get warm, so I can start walking and maybe running. The funny thing of why I stop posting on here is that I would go on here while I was at work, well one day they decide that this website needed to be blocked and was a bad thing (I work in a healthcare system). So I could only get on here from home, well I was still with dial up and it took almost 5 mins to get 1 page to come up on here. But now I have high speed wireless so it's like nothing to jump on here. Anyways enough of my rambling. Looking forward to getting to know all the new people that have joined since last time I was on and chatting with you all.
Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals and J-man and welcome to the all of the new folks! I just finished making some homemade kahlua and thought I'd finally take the time to get caught up here. There has been a flurry of conversation and new people in the last few days, so it took me about 20 minutes reading to get caught up!

Zenor - I'm really sorry to hear about those side effects -- YUCK! I went to dinner last night with some friends and one of them shared how well she is doing on Wellbutrin. She has been on it about 6 weeks and is just noticing that it's kicking it. She said she had no PMS symptoms at ALL (the emotional swings), which shocked her. I wish you were having the same success. Since you are thinking of other alternatives, have you ever tried St. John's Wort? I don't think much is proven about it, but I know it's purported to help low grade depression. You have to be very careful not to get any sun while you're on it though. Anyway, I'm thinking about ya! BTW, that quiche sounds GOOD!!!

Susan
- Image of your 4' 9" x 4'9" with teeth in apron grandma =
Also, Just wanted to say WOW and yea on your recent losses. Seems last I noticed you were maybe 5-6 lbs. heavier, so you've obviously been having some steady loss. Good for you... how nice to be so svelte for your vacation!

Bobbi
-- I read (WAY back... 5 pages maybe) your comments on the body fat on your scale. Just my opinion, but that doesn't sound right. How accurate can a scale be in determining body fat??

Robin -
- Girl, you are the steady shrinker! I've said it before, but I LOVE TO WATCH ROBIN's TICKER GO DOWN! Almost more fun than watching my own! It never goes UP like mine!

By the way, my ticker is DOWN! Yea! Yesterday's weigh in was good, but I'm still higher than I was before my spring break. I feel like I'm back on track.

Miete
-- Just wanted to let you know my DH is type 1 diabetic -- it is a roller coaster for sure... he doesn't need to lose weight, but I know the daily struggles and challenges. He's a pump user.

Lara
-- I hear ya, girl! I'm 39 too and generally I feel young (I'm pretty sure that's because I have no kids -- so maybe in a way I never felt truly like a grown up?), but I am am seeing the effects of time, gravity, and genetics. It sounds to me, though, that you are doing a great job of caring for yourself -- eating well, exercising, losing weight, etc. Look at all the progress you've made!!!!

Congrats to everyone on all of your successes and losses -- Love, Justme, Coolmom, and anyone I forgot...Hope the weekend is happy and healthy for all!

Oh, wanted to share my favorite new snack -- fresh or frozen SUGAR SNAP PEAS! YUMMY! I started buying frozen ones, but now I'm starting to see more fresh available. I eat a cup at a time with my fingers for a snack, even taking them to work in ziplocs. They are my new treat!

Alright, talk to ya'll later
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #223  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Why is it the major hunger and cravings kick back in after one small treat of fatty foods? Geesh. After the fries and chicken strips last night, I have been thinking about food all day.

About 1300 cals today, after my 2400+ day yesterday.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good morning

Saturdays numbers were
1672 Calories
48 fiber
10 glasses of water

no work outs bad me.
will walk today

Claire,
I love those sugar snaps too. And they have lots of fiber, don't they.
I did find out there are good brands and not so good. the cheap ones were processed more. and got mushy. I get the frozen too. I will have to check our Farm MARKET for fresh... sounds very good.

Mary,
We had that Dial Up for a while too. I sure don't miss that!

Justme.
that is the best feeling when some one notices your weight loss! congrats!
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #225  

Calories for yesterday~1336
Fat~ 29%
Fiber~ 31 grams

I knew we were going to a company (DH company) sponsored stand up buffet and so we snacked before hand so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the bad stuff. Well, it was all bad stuff and thankfully it all looked gross to me. So I only had a few bites of dessert and didn't eat anything else. That's why I came in so low.

I'm thinking I may need to lower my range down to under 1400 calories now anyway. I still haven't seen the scale go down. I think I'm going to give it another week before I lower my calories. I think this week of ups and downs may have thrown my body out of whack!

I'm going out of town again today to see an old friend I haven't seen in ages. I'll be back tomorrow night. I'm not so worried about food this time because my MIL is very supportive and she's already thinking ahead for me. I'll get there in time for dinner and she's having her father making a WW recipe for dinner. My DH family is so wonderful. DH isn't even going with me!

Walking~ Welbutrin is the only drug that never gave me weird side effects, but my doctor said it would help the anxiety (which is 80% of the problem.) I think figuring a way to relax would be beneficial for me.

I've thought about St. John's Wort, but I'm so fair and anything that causes photosensitivity (the reason for staying out of the sun) usually makes me feel wind burned. I'll keep it in mind though. I'm willing to explore all alternative options.

I really think the fish oil will help. I read all the studies and it seems to help across the spectrum for all mood disorders. I need to up my dosage, but those horse pills are so hard to take. I'm going to try the liquid this week. I was told it wasn't gross, but I'm skeptical.

Oh, and in case anyone wanted to know. The quiche is really good cold the next day.