3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Chat-April 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/108692-calorie-counters-chat-april-2007-a.html)

srmb60 04-13-2007 11:26 AM

Aren't you glad we're here for you? Flap those jaws all you want!

GrammyL 04-13-2007 11:40 AM

SusanB ~ I most definitely am glad I found this group.

zenor77 04-13-2007 12:15 PM

Calories for yesterday~ 1420
Fat 32%
45 grams of fiber

I think that this is probably due to Easter and the craziness of this week, but I think I may have hit a plateau. I won't officially consider it a plateau until after this weekend though. I haven't seen the scale change since the 4th. It usually comes off each week like clockwork, so I'm a little bummed. I do have TOM fluctuations and such, but I ignore those usually and that shouldn't hit for another couple weeks.

Lara~ I completely understand! I don't want to turn in to either of my parents (physically that is~they were awsome people.) A large part of why I want to lose weight, eat healthy, and exercise is because I don't want the health problems my parents had. They both passed fairly young and I would like to live to be old (I mean past life expectancy.)

Susan~ I think I will try taking my medication at night. I've been taking it in the afternoon and I feel so terrible from dinner time on (it was worse last night.) As long as it doesn't disrupt my sleep then it should be good.

Miette~ Like Rockinrobin my goal weight is not set in stone. I've never been able to stay under 155lbs for very long before, so I may decide to stay at 155lb. We shall see; I'm trying to keep a flexible out look on this process. I agree that Saltines may not be the best, but small steps will get you there! You may want to find a cracker that has some fiber in it, so you feel fuller. I like Rye Crisp breads.

Zoe~ Beautiful baby!

Jayjay55 04-13-2007 12:54 PM

Wow this looks like an awesome group

I have just spent a bit of time reading the last few days and what a wonderful supportive diverse group. I discovered the joy of counting calories last year and look forward to being accountable online as well as the most important person on this journey -- ME!!!

My name is Joanne -- I started counting calories last year and lost 35 pounds and to my absolute joy for the first time in my life I have kept them off!!! So I want to continue with this journey of eating right and exercising more.

I look forward to getting to know the other calorie counters here. Right now I am hovering around 2000 a day which is about 400 higher than I would like but I refuse to beat myself up.

littlered 04-13-2007 01:50 PM

"The two characteristics about my Mom that I didn't want is to be frumpy and overweight and when I saw what I saw in the reflection reality hit me and I wanted to cry. My Mom is beautiful on the inside and out but has always been frumpy and overweight, thats just my Mom, its not suppose to be me. "

Lara,
I am Not to making light of your looking like mom...

I look just like my GRANDMA! :fr:

really, short, round (yes I do have a shape, Its round). And I get shorter every year.
I found out last week That I am NOT 5 ft. :( I used to be almost 5-2".

Keep up the hard work. It will show up in the end. :grouphug:

littlered 04-13-2007 01:53 PM

Joanne :wave:

welcome! sounds like you have been doing well already. keep up the hard work.

srmb60 04-13-2007 02:15 PM

My grandma was 4'9" and carried her teeth in the pocket of her apron!

Miette 04-13-2007 02:30 PM

Thanks so much for the advice, Rockinrobin. I am on my way to the grocery store in just a minute with my mind on "veggies". I would love to graze on fruits and yoghurt during the day, but I'm diabetic, so I can't. It kicks my sugars up really high. For example, to eat a banana and not have my bloodsugar go way up, I'd have to cut it in half...eat one half...wait an hour.. eat the other half. :P it's really really frustrating. Of course, if I exercised every time I ate a piece of fruit, that might well do the trick.
I was talking to my mom, a long time calorie counter, who also suggested that I put down the crackers and move on to something like raw broccoli and carrots...something crunchy and heathier. So, I'm thinking you are all on to something here. I will try this over the weekend and see if I can handle it.
I think you're doing a fabulous job.. absolutely inspiring. :)

-Miette

littlered 04-13-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 1651701)
My grandma was 4'9" and carried her teeth in the pocket of her apron!

:D :rofl:

sounds like my hubbys grandma... she smoked a pipe. no... that that kind.

srmb60 04-13-2007 02:39 PM

Did I mention that she was 4'9" both ways? No pipe.

Miette 04-13-2007 02:42 PM

Lara, Zenor, & Joanne

Lara: I just wanted to say that I got really emotional reading your post about all you are going through. I'm 35 and I look just like my mother did at 45. I love my mother, but I have always said to myself that I will never wind up looking like her and guess what... I do. I caught a glimpse of myself in a storefront window on the way to an appointment on Tuesday and it jolted me right out of my shoes. I couldn't believe I was seeing ME! I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and you're not alone. I'm also tempted to throw myself into starvation mode and I admire your ability to see it coming before it gets unhealthy. Well done!

Zenor: Thanks sooooo much for the tips! I am really going to try hard to get in some more veggies. On the FitDay thingee there is a circle graph and on mine it's more than half of carbs! I'm diabetic and I should know better.. argh. I've never found a cracker that is called Rye Crisps here... I will look at the store and see if they have anything fiberful or at least wholegrain. I kinda doubt it. My goal weight is an approximate too... I'm glad I'm not the only one who has some flexibility when it comes to that!

Joanne: Welcome, if I can say that, because I only just got here myself! I look forward to knowing you better and hopefully we can learn a lot together.

Take care!
-Miette

Jayjay55 04-13-2007 03:08 PM

Theresa and Miette thanks so much for the kind welcome.

Miette I can't even imagine having to go through this journey with diabetes. Several years ago I got called back to my doctors office afer blood tests - the only thing I could think at the time was that he had diagnosed me with diabetes and I was scared of the results. I even dragged my husband with me to the doctors. Turns out I was diagnosed with hypothyroid -- which I finally got under control with medication. Its just so good that you are so very careful with your diet.

CoolMom75 04-13-2007 03:11 PM

the group has been chatty since I went to bed last night!

Quote:

Miette, my "goal" weight also leaves me in the overweight category
We have to have shorter goals just to keep us motivated. ;) I'm going to be thrilled when i hit my first goal of 180. Then I'll have to figure out my next mini goal.

zenor77 04-13-2007 04:41 PM

:welcome3: Jayjay!

littlered 04-13-2007 07:58 PM

Susan,
:cb:
congrats on the weight loss.
I see you made it down under the 130 mark!