3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Chat-April 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/108692-calorie-counters-chat-april-2007-a.html)

Jman1 04-06-2007 08:31 AM

Totally blew it last night, folks. :( Back in the saddle this morning, though.

The crazy part is that yesterday (my "totally blown" day) I ate the same number of calories that I used to eat on a normal day.

floridarusty 04-06-2007 09:12 AM

JMan, I think our stomach gets use to a certain amount of food after a couple weeks, anyway my Dr. says that. The theory is if we keep cutting down the portions eventually we are full faster.

I sure am hoping that theory works!!! lol

Phyllis

GrammyL 04-06-2007 09:25 AM

OK, I don’t get it. Why would they put shellac, which is a polymer (plastic) in a bar for people to eat? I just read up on it really quick, I work with polymer chemists, and let me tell you the thought of plastic going thru my system doesn’t seem one bit healthy. Maybe I should eat a milk carton. HEHEHEHE! Just kidding. Anyway, I just talked to my boss who is a Biochemist who really didn’t know what it was until I explained and he said it won’t harm you at all and he said its like cellulose or fiber, it will just go thru your system untouched. Still, not appealing to me at all.

I have so many salad dressing I need to get some used up but when I do I will try the Newman’s. I may be high honey mustard and the Sesame sooner for chicken salads. I don’t know why but I am just craving chicken salads but that isn’t a bad thing so I will take that craving over others.

This morning I made cinnamon toast and sliced half an apple up on it. It was SOOOO yummy. It tasted like apple butter. This brought back some good memories because my Mom used to make me cinnamon toast when I was a kid for breakfast sometimes. I just started having it again last week. My previous plan didn’t allow bread and before that I hadn’t eaten breakfast since High school except on weekends and let me tell you their wasn’t anything healthy about our breakfast.

AustinGirl ~ Baby steps are the best way to go and it sounds like you are doing a fantastic job.

Zenor ~ Good luck. I bought a TOPS book years ago and I use that to figure the calories in foods. I know its probably not exact but I would say its very, very close to accurate.

Jman ~ Just get right back up and brush yourself off. We all fall off on occasion.

Phyllis ~ I think its true about getting full faster. There is no way a few years ago I could eat as little as I do and get full. Used to be I could eat half a large pizza in one setting and not even think twice about it and now one slice and a small salad and I am full. Keep up the good work!

Thursday Calories: 1485
Trying to make up for the horrible day before and I wasn’t really that hungry yesterday.

Justme33 04-06-2007 09:50 AM

OK EVERYONE Holiday weekend is here...LET'S BE STRONG!!! :carrot: escpecially those of us that are mommies and will be putting out yummy Easter Baskets for the young ones!! (still putting this off....)

Calories for yesterday is a little off 1400.... I wrote down my evening popcorn snack but forgot to eat it.... About 9pm my son wanted some strawberries so I washed him a couple and ate 3 myself but didnt write it down...

MORNING WEIGH IN 166.6 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Such an evil number...LOL :carrot: Love it though, my Easter goal was 166 and I didn't think I'd make it, TOM just got over and I saw 2 lbs just fly right off!! Even though its not quite 166 exactly I'll consider it GOAL...LOL

Tomorrow we have the circus and Sunday we go to my brothers for dinner...I already know he wont be cooking ANYTHING I could eat or WANT to eat...(he cooks not to my liking...LOL) I think I'll make or buy a veggie platter to take along, that way I can munch on those....He wont think of raw veggies. Normally ALL holidays are at my parents...this year my mom is in NJ taking care of her mom after surgery...so its a bit off.. WE'll all be missing her cooking this year!! (maybe its better for the diet though)

GrammyL 04-06-2007 10:21 AM

Justme ~ http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...ious/th_18.gif. 166.6 WTG!

GrammyL 04-06-2007 10:27 AM

Gwyn ~ Natural really is the way to go. I try to get as close to natural as I can get and find ways to spruce it up.

Justme ~ My Mom is trying something new this year. She decided to do a cookout. Sounds great other than it is only going to be 33 degrees. HAHAHA! I am glad I am not doing the cooking. I think she is just trying to keep the mess down and cut back on the cooking time. Anyway, there will be lots of healthy stuff and I do plan on being careful what I eat, I will be strong. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

littlered 04-06-2007 11:08 AM

Lara,
that cook out idea sounds real good.
:T mmm... bbq chicken on the grill!
I love cooking on the grill.
What are you having? do you know yet?

I was going to do baked yams and a ham... with lots of veggies. I might do the chicken on the grill too.
I don't make very many goodies... My dd will eat most of it by herself as soon as we are not looking.

And dgd can't eat lots of kinds of foods without choaking on it. (she has cp) .
we gave her a easter peanut. don't know what you call it.
she did not like it.
Hubby gave her a sip of coke... she gagged on it.
(that is good, she does not like much sugar.) No gummy worms either.
So far the only sweet she likes is Chocolate. that makes her growl! :lol:

GrammyL 04-06-2007 12:29 PM

Theresa ~ I know we are going to have chicken and I might bring a bag of salad and some of that Newmans honey mustard dressing so I can have a big salad. My Mom is making potato salad and I am going to have a little of that but will remind myself portion control. So I don't think I will do so bad. Before that we rare going to my inlaws for the traditional works but I will eat very little because ham doesn't agree with me and I am not a real big fan of it. I do like slivered ham but to just get a big old wedge of it on my plate, no thank you.

lovemyboy 04-06-2007 01:12 PM

Justme - :cheer: Congratulations on meeting your goal!

Cool Mom - I got some of those Costco blueberries too and boy do I love them. They are good. I eat them frozen and pretend it is ice cream!

jman - You can get back in the saddle today.

zenor - Good luck with your trip. It sounds like you have it planned out well. That should help keep you in control.

Grammyl - That toast sounds good.

lovemyboy 04-06-2007 01:19 PM

Yesterday I was a bit low for me around 1500 calories.

I tried the Fiber one today and it was good dry. So far it seems to have settled alright.

I have to get the stuff for my son's easter basket. I think I'm going to get Peeps and jelly beans. You couldn't pay me to eat a Peep and I don't care for jelly beans. I am pretty much not even tempted unless it is chocolate, so I won't be buying any of that. Lets hope I can make it past that part of the candy aisle unscathed.

zenor77 04-06-2007 01:51 PM

Thanks for the well wishes and support everyone! We're off now, so everyone have a great Easter!

GrammyL 04-06-2007 04:03 PM

Well I am off for the weekend. Everyone have a wonderful, safe Easter and I will be thinking of all of you. Helps keep me on track ;)

Jman1 04-06-2007 10:14 PM

Congrats Justme!! That's great!

And my eating's going swimmingly today. :)

CoolMom75 04-07-2007 12:20 AM

1705 cals today.
I bought some of the low cal fudgesicles and they're stealing some cals from me! lol

srmb60 04-07-2007 06:17 AM

Good morning! I'm really looking forward to having turkey left overs. We eat chicken and fish quite often but turkey? not so much.