Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #61  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
Recently I discovered some hard lumps in my boobs, all down the outside of each one.

I was really worried and was going to go to the doctor until I realised they were my ribs . . .
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

*sigh*

I was taking a bubble bath the other day and realized that my lopsided boobs (and yeah, I know everyone is lopsided to one degree or another) are becoming more noticeable as the right one shrinks faster than the left one.

*sigh*

Another year and I can have surgery to make 'em match.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #63  

I'm slow to find this thread too, but it was a godsend. I feel like a teenager again with all these changes to my body going on. Today i was changing into my p.j.'s when I realize just how saggy i had gotten. It's all fleshy. I've gotten smaller too, although I haven't gotten a new bra so I don't have a clue what size I am anymore.

I don't feel bad anymore! I guess I'm just normal and I think we care much more about sag than guys do. At least that is what it sounds like. Thanks for the giggles and for helping me not feel alone in this. I also double checked and guess what, I can see my ribs too! I hadn't noticed that until now, it's pretty cool!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #64  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Well it has been time for another smaller bra now I have lost a bit more weight. Never before have I had so much difficultly as this time. I was in and out of changing rooms just trying to find something that was comfortable and did the correct job. I had measured prior to going and found out the size I was now. Though the size 36C did not work there was loose skin every where.

Though on putting on the bra I did not realise that I had so much loose skin on my upper body, I suppose because it had moved south due to gravity. The bra helped it all move north again. It came as a bit of a shock. Yes I knew I had loose skin but I thought that was only on my upper arms and inner thighs. So I was in a size 38E and now I am in a 36F which fits lovely. Though trying to find the right one was so tiring. I can't wait to get to my goal weight then I am going to splash out on some more expensive and up market bra. Though for now I don't want to spend a fortune whilst I am still losing the weight.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #65  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

My first post ever here! Been lurking awhile.

So glad I found this thread! Having big ole boobies myself, I can relate. Saggy, baggy, floppy, etc. Usually beat me to my cereal in the morning.

I've lost 30 lbs. with 20 to go. My band size has gone down, but not the cup size, still a DD. But hubby still likes them, thinks they're lovely! I think he needs glasses.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 210/209/170

Height: 5'6"

Oddly enough, whenever I lose weight, my boobs always tend to get bigger. As a teenager at a healthy weight, I was a 34C. When I first began to gain weight, I went to a 36, and then a 38B. When I lost some weight again, I went back to the 34C. In my case, I just don't gain or lose in the boobs themselves, but the 'soil around the mountains' tends to build up or erode. :-)

At the 38B point right now - here's hoping I get to the 34C again!
kiltedsolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #67  
Workin' It

Actually, a 34C is a slightly smaller boob size that a 38B, if my research is right. A 38B = 36C = 34D. As the band size goes down one the cup size goes up one. I felt all cool about my boobs getting bigger because I went from a 38B to a 34D and the woman at the store showed me a chart with the measurement of the breast itself and all three of them were exactly the same (from just under the arm where the breast starts, around the front, down to the ribs where the breast stops). Here is the chart, though I can't make it format to line up side by side.

Determining Bra Size & Cup Size

Studies show that the vast majority of women wear the wrong bra size. You may think that bra shopping will be easier after breast augmentation, but this is not always the case. Bra sizes run differently according to style and manufacturer. For example, if you buy a 34D bra from Victoria's Secret, this does not mean that you will always wear a 34D in all of their bras. Ditto for other manufacturers.

Implants tend to be wider than a "natural" breast, therefore, many of us will need to wear a D cup, simply because the width of a C cup bra isn't enough.

We have our own chart here at Just Breast Implants, which works for most, but not all, people. If it does not work for you, you may want to go to and be measured by a professional, though this does not always work either.

To use the chart below, y ou will want to measure each breast. Use a soft tape measure to do this. Start where the breast starts at (near the side/armpit), and measure all the way across the fullest part of the breast. The fullest part of the breast is usually the nipple, but not always.

You will also want to measure the circumference of your ribcage. Do this by measuring just below the breast, in the area of the crease. Measure all the way around. This is your ribcage measurement.

If your ribcage measurement is an odd #, add 5" to get your band width. Example: 29" ribcage + 5" = 34" band.

If your ribcage measurement is an even #, add 4" to get your band width. Example: 28" ribcage + 4" = 32" band.

Click here for photos of how to measure (this link obviously doesn't work, it does work on the original website

32" band (27-28" ribcage):

6"=A
6.5"=Full A
7"=B
7.5"=Full B
8"=C
8.5"=Full C
9"=D
9.5"=Full D
10"=DD
10.5"=Full DD
11"=E
11.5"=Full E

34" band (29-30" ribcage):

7"=A
7.5"=Full A
8"=B
8.5"=Full B
9"=C
9.5"=Full C
10"=D
10.5"=Full D
11"=DD
11.5"=Full DD
12"=E
12.5"=Full E

36" band (31-32" ribcage):

8"=A
8.5"=Full A
9"=B
9.5"=Full B
10"=C
10.5"=Full C
11"=D
11.5"=Full D
12"=DD
12.5"=Full DD
13"=E
13.5"=Full E

38" band (33-34" ribcage):

9"=A
9.5"=Full A
10"=B
10.5"=Full B
11"=C
11.5"=Full C
12"=D
12.5"=Full D
13"=DD
13.5"=Full DD

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/size/

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 12-11-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: forget citation
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #68  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus View Post
Wow, I hope my boobs get smaller, saggy or not. I'm so tired of my DDs. They're always in the way.
I hear you on that one!!! I'm a size G in canada, not sure what that is other places. But yeh, they are always in the way, and for once I would just love if i didnt use them as bumper guards in human bumper cars I like to call crowds. lol
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #69  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiem4994 View Post
I guess I'm just normal and I think we care much more about sag than guys do.
My personal expereince, and hearing through guys... They like boobs period. Big small, perky, saggy, boobs that match, boobs that don't match, big, small, and inverted nipples... THEY DON'T CARE. Boobs will always be boobs to them. lol
Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

My guy claims he likes small perky boobs, but when we see each other again, he always seems to be quite fascinated with my chest area!

Somehow, Ace, I think you've got it spot on with this:
Quote:
They like boobs period. Big small, perky, saggy, boobs that match, boobs that don't match, big, small, and inverted nipples... THEY DON'T CARE. Boobs will always be boobs to them.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #71  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
My guy claims he likes small perky boobs, but when we see each other again, he always seems to be quite fascinated with my chest area!

Somehow, Ace, I think you've got it spot on with this:
I'm sure they all have their preferences.. Like I like small perky boobs, but I still like every other kind... ahah
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

That is so true, guys like any size and shape. Lol.

My boobs have gone up and down in size so they aren't perky. In middle school I was about a 34B then up to a 38C/D down to a 36C, now I am in a 36D and hope to stay this size.

Last edited by stellarwbz; 12-11-2008 at 06:09 PM.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #73  

i think it depends on what size you started out with before you gained weight, if you know what that is. Before I had gained weight , I wore a 34-36 dd and was 136, 5'2 , now i wear an E and wore an F when pregnant. I am 193 I think as I lose weight they will go back down. They will most likely never be small, but they will be smaller.
calimodel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Personally...I've always been saggy and never perky. However, since my weight gain and current weight loss loss they are sagcity. I thought that they were unattractive, but apparently that isn't true.

Now I'm a 44/DD, but I could wear a D cup...I'm kind of on the line. Mine are really soft, going south...they do that side thing when I lay on my back...oh well. lol
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Quote:
I just roll them right up and gently place them in my H cup and I look all perky and such. Then, at the end of the day, I take off the bra, unroll the girls, and we all get a little rest for the night, me on my back, and my girls curled up on either side of me.
Oh my God...I'm so glad I'm not the only one. And no...she wasn't joking. YOu can roll them right up like a raspberry filled jelly roll.

To the girl who said tennis balls in a sweat sock? Mine would be ping pong balls in tube socks.

Quote:
If she doesn't want to spend money on a bra, she should at least invest in some longer shirts...
this woman may not be able to wear bras. When I'm heavy, I cannot wear a bra, because I have dermatitis and heat rash so bad, I would be shredding my skin off. I get rashes wherever I have tight fitting clothes.

Quote:
I think we care much more about sag than guys do
I used to belong to a single's forum that had an older male member who could not stop making crude remarks about women...and his favorite seemed to be putting down women with sagging boobies. needless to say he was not very popular with the womens and could not understand why.

Last edited by recidivist; 12-28-2008 at 05:03 PM.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote