Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #46  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for the laughs before I go to sleep!

I don't know exactly what my bra size is but I am pretty well endowed (around D-DD) and my boobies have ALWAYS been saggy. I'm only 22 (no kids!), so not fair! I want perky boobs! A redux/lift is definitely in my future!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

I've always had a large chest. Currently, I'm at 40DD so if I lose any weight in the "girls" I'd be happy. Then I wouldn't be so smushed when I wear my bullet-proof vest.
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 183/181.5/150

Height: 5'0''

I just bought a new bra on ebay..because unfortunately ebay is the only place I can get a 34F bra for less then $100. I got it in the mail today.. tried it on.. and realized that I should have bought a 36FF instead. I was so angry. I don't care if they sag at this point.. I've grown from a 34C to a 36FF in the three years I've graduated high school. I just want them smaller so its at least possible to find a bra in a department store.
Crazy Cat Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #49  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

OK, well I'll make y'all feel better -- I've been as large as 36D, during my babies and breasfeeding days. Before I lost weight, I was somewhere around a 36B or C. After losing weight I am now a .....32A. Yes, I have the boobs of a 12 year old girl in a training bra. Unfortunately, I still have the thighs of a 48 year old. I can't go to a regular department store either -- they usually START at 34B!!

On the bright side ... I don't have trouble finding a good running bra, there's not that much heft to tame. I don't have to worry about the girls sagging to my knees, there's just not enough left to sag very far. I can sleep on my stomach. And I can wear the cute little camisoles with the built-in shelf bra, which I NEVER could before. And there's always Wonder bras and stuffing with socks.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #50  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
After losing weight I am now a .....32A. Yes, I have the boobs of a 12 year old girl in a training bra. Unfortunately, I still have the thighs of a 48 year old.
MBN, you and I are built exactly the same way! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. When I first lost the weight this really bothered me. Now, not quite as much. The upside to this is that I can wear a sports bra without any trouble. I can run, jump, do just about anything without any thing moving on top. It's a trade off.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

OMG.. You guys almost made me pee my pants!

My DH teases me. He reminds me not to bend over and raise up to quickly, or jump up and down to fast because I could give myself a black eye. I have always been well-endowed and my cup size hasn't changed but my band size is smaller. I sag, but I don't care. He and my doctor are the only ones who know besides me..
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #52  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Chick View Post
I just bought a new bra on ebay..because unfortunately ebay is the only place I can get a 34F bra for less then $100. I got it in the mail today.. tried it on.. and realized that I should have bought a 36FF instead. I was so angry. I don't care if they sag at this point.. I've grown from a 34C to a 36FF in the three years I've graduated high school. I just want them smaller so its at least possible to find a bra in a department store.
I'm a 34F too - but at least it is possible to buy bras in that size hereat a decent price, just not as many stores as other sizes. I have two stores in my vicinity I can buy 34Fs in, out of maybe 15 stores that sell bras.

I would send some to you - but obviously you wouldn't want to buy a bra you hadn't tried on!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #53  
Workin' It

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up at a 32A... I'm wearing a 34B today and it is a little loose...

I'm giving serious google searches to breast augmentation sites... They were never huge to begin with, but I have brief memories of a C cup and I miss it!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Years ago, try 25, I had a child, I breast feed and I lost some 80 pounds.

My breastisiss' went from a 42 DD to a 34 B, they looked pretty good. Mind you, the girls never ever were perky and in high school I was about a 36 C.

Now that I'm older and have had and nursed 5 children and gained a huge amount of weight, I'm sure that the outlook for my currantly 46 DDDs looks rather gloomy. I know when I loose this weight that they are going to saaaaaagggggggg ALOT!!! I also know they are going to deflate like a flat tire. Oh well, I guess they served their purpose. Plus I can't wait to get into a sexy bra, even if I do have to roll them up!

Comedian Martin Lawerance said he likes ALL boobies, old, saggy stretchmarked it doesn't matter. So I guess it doesn't really matter what they look like as long as I'm happy with them :P
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:48 AM   #55  
MasterHarper

Recently I discovered some hard lumps in my boobs, all down the outside of each one.

I was really worried and was going to go to the doctor until I realised they were my ribs . . .
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #56  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

It took me losing some 80+ pounds before my girls changed. I have always been big chested little joke between my sister and I whom is the opposite of me and is very petite. She joked that I was very greedy and took more than my fair share in the boobs department and there wasn't much left for her . (she is 5 yrs younger than me.)

Back to reality I was a size 44D at my HW and I am now a size 38E weird I went up a cup size . Though I need to be measured again as I suspect my cup size has just decrease but my band size remains the same. I have found that there have been a lot of change in the last nigh on 40lbs of weight loss. I have accepted they are not going to be pert but it is only me and oh my DH who know that they are swinging like pendulums

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-02-2008 at 09:54 AM.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #57  
I feel GREAT!

S/C/G: 228/145/135

Height: 5'5

All i have to say is that mine are looking a bit hangy and empty.. I mean there is still substance to them if they are in a good bra.. but I guess its the price you pay. I am not too worried. Just have to get the pusher uppers!!
thatgirl1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleorc View Post
It took me losing some 80+ pounds before my girls changed. I have always been big chested little joke between my sister and I whom is the opposite of me and is very petite. She joked that I was very greedy and took more than my fair share in the boobs department and there wasn't much left for her . (she is 5 yrs younger than me.)

Back to reality I was a size 44D at my HW and I am now a size 38E weird I went up a cup size . Though I need to be measured again as I suspect my cup size has just decrease but my band size remains the same. I have found that there have been a lot of change in the last nigh on 40lbs of weight loss. I have accepted they are not going to be pert but it is only me and oh my DH who know that they are swinging like pendulums
You can't compare a D cup on a 44 band with a D cup on a 38 band. Completely different. The cup is just the *difference* between your band (upper abdoment/low chest) size and your breasts. So going from 44D to 38E just means you lost proportionately more in the upper abdomen than you did in the chest.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #59  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleorc View Post

I was a 42D and am now a 34F.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Cup sizes are smaller when you go down a band size. That's why it seems like you may have "gained" a cup size, but you really haven't -- the bras just fit differently.

For example, I started out 40 DD. As I lost weight I went down and ended up 36 DD. BUT....because 36 is still a little big, I end up having to get a 34 E because the 34 DD cup size is too small, yet 34 fits my rib cage better.

Therefore, it looks like I gained a cup (40 DD to 34 E) but it's only because the 34 DD cup is smaller than the 36 DD.

Yes, they have sagged for sure. BUT -- interesting as I think they are totally saggy and was even contemplating a breast lift. Yet my boyfriend (who is VERY critical and a perfectionist, not towards me though, just explaining his personality) says that they are totally fine and not that saggy.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote