Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #16  
Meg

I've got a boob story for you ... we have an older woman gym member who won't wear a bra, despite having boobs to her waist. You truly can't watch her on the elliptical because it's just so painful to see her in action. So yesterday I read a story ( Victoria's Circuit) about powering your iPod with a sports bra, and in the article it says that a D cup in a low-support bra can travel 35 inches during exercise (!) This woman is in a NO bra and I'm wondering exactly how many inches she "travels" during exercise ...
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Maybe I'm the only one but I've actually gone up a cup size. At my highest weight, I was a B, now I'm a C. Honestly, I don't care what they end up being.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #18  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

First place I loose is my boobs. First place I gain is my Butt. So after all the ups and downs I have no boobs left...I have enough butt to fill a whole town's boobs to DD's. Why can't they just transplant it????
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #19  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I've gone from a 42DD to a 38DDD. I lost band inches but gained a cup?! How the blazes does that work? And genetically, I should be an ?almost A/ or something.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

42G to a 34C, and without lots of help they are somewhere around my knees.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

I went from a 38D to a 34DD (one of my bras is actually a 32DDDD if you can believe that!). Strange, but I think it makes sense because I was probably in a too-small cup before. I think a 36D is probably comparable to a 34DD but with the 34DD you get more cup size which takes up some of the bandwidth. Does that make any sense?

Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm 24 my chest went from 44 D to 38 B and yes as you said my boob are mall and they sag. They have strech marks on them. However as Glory said I look much better in my clothing now and I just take time to buy nice, well fitting, padded bras. It can be a little time consuming finding good bras but they help a ton. And (this might come out sounding bad) the last guy I made out with that I let get to the point of touching my breast, did not know I use to be heavy, did not know that my breas were sagging and seemed quite happy with them in my bra.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I started losing weight at 22 with a 42 D (probably truly a bigger cup but my one bra that fit was SO stretched out) -- they were always heavy and sagging since they moved on from the bud-ling stage. I'm now a 38 C, and most of what's filling my bra is loose skin. I have little tissue. I can literally pick up the loose skin a couple of inches off my boob.

Anyway, I have nearly all the bras from the Ipex line from Victoria's Secret, and they make them look pretty good. And all the guys that have seen them love them, sagging or not. And when I'm on my back, they look almost normal, except they kind of look like they are sliding off my chest. Oh well.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #24  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho View Post
And when I'm on my back, they look almost normal, except they kind of look like they are sliding off my chest. Oh well.
My enhanced chest also somewhat disappears when I lay down.... which makes going to the beach an interesting thing....... they go from nothing to magically filling out my bathing suit!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #25  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks for the perspective everyone I've been having a little trouble adjusting to my new body and this thread had helped me lighten up.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Thanks for the perspective everyone I've been having a little trouble adjusting to my new body and this thread had helped me lighten up.
I thought I'd avoided all of these problems until I bent over and saw that they become torpedoes.
40DD to 36D and I'm still praying a C cup will fix this but I'm a 30 year old smoker
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #27  
active kids, active mom

Ah, boobies. I have gone from a 46 DD (Lane Bryant Sizing -- which tends to give smaller letters) to a 38 H - (you read that right)(regular sizing). BUT they LOOK so much better. I just roll them right up and gently place them in my H cup and I look all perky and such. Then, at the end of the day, I take off the bra, unroll the girls, and we all get a little rest for the night, me on my back, and my girls curled up on either side of me.

Last edited by knitsforfive; 06-27-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: made mistake on bra size
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #28  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

LMAO! With all of you girls' talk of boobies to your knees, torpedo boobies, old woman wearing no bra in the gym boobies, and rolling up your boobies into your bra, then unrolling them at the end of the day (rofl!), I really lightened up after reading the replies to my thread.

I guess no matter what, I have saggy boobage to look forward to, lol. I guess that's the price I'll pay for gaining the weight, as one poster said (I like how you put that, it was very true and put things into a better perspective.)

In Walmart, I was looking at envy with all of these thin girls walking around in short shorts with their long firm legs (something I would not attempt at my current weight), but I know when I'm thin it's just going to be something else that I envy. For example, everybody with big perky boobs, I will inevitably stare at with jealousy. So I guess I just have to deal with what I've got!

As for breastercises, I found a few ripped from an old glamour mag. One is the lotus pose. You lay on the ground on your stomach, with your arms extended 90 degrees at your side. Suck in your stomach and start lifting up from the shoulders and chest, raising your arms, keeping them level at your sides, 90 degrees. Hold pose for 5 seconds, curl back down. Do like 10 times 3 times a week, I think it was.

The other is the tennis ball squeeze, hard to explain but sit in a chair and squeeze the ball between your hands (make sure you actually feel your chest muscles moving.) Move hands out in front of you, bring them back to starting position.

Then there's elevated pushups which target your chest muscles. Get a little bench or stool or something and lay your legs on that, while doing push ups off the floor. I improvise and hang off the couch.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #29  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

To the girl who said her boobs look alright laying down but kinda go off on the sides, oh my god, I clicked on your signature link to check out your before and afters because I saw you had lost a really significant amount of weight. YOU LOOK FABULOUS!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I've got a boob story for you ... we have an older woman gym member who won't wear a bra, despite having boobs to her waist. You truly can't watch her on the elliptical because it's just so painful to see her in action. So yesterday I read a story ( Victoria's Circuit) about powering your iPod with a sports bra, and in the article it says that a D cup in a low-support bra can travel 35 inches during exercise (!) This woman is in a NO bra and I'm wondering exactly how many inches she "travels" during exercise ...
OMG
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote