The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #91  

Height: 5'3"

I can't wait to see how Jerry,Estelle and Dan are doing.
It is going to be a LONG week.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:33 AM   #92  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I fell asleep before it was over....gotta go to NBC website to get the scoop. I can't believe the finale is 3 hours...that's ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #93  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I wonder which charities they donated their marathon money to.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Hmmm....what to do....

On one hand I can't STAND Ron and want him gone. On the other, I'm rooting for Tara by default, and sending Mike home would nearly guarantee her a win...

Decisions, decisions...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #95  
Owned by Dixie

I want tara and Mike to win I hope ron is voted #3 and Mike can win the at home Tarellow lia can win the big prize.

Interesting how big Heba was last night....

And does anyone else think Tara looks like Ricki Lake?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #96  
Empress/Queen

Smile

One thing about the big "elimination" vote by America that occurs to me is that it is moot. There's really no sending anyone home at this point as we will see plenty of both people that fell below the line at the finale, as well as everyone else that went home. Anyone who is eliminated from this last round has already proved themselves a winner and for the two brown team members, they are in the final three no matter what, whether it be Mike or Ron as they will each be happy for the other whatever the outcome.

I probably wouldn't involve myself so much in the show as to vote but I hope Mike wins it as that will make Ron happy.

Ron's performance at the marathon was so inspiring to me that he's already the big winner in my mind.

It almost makes me feel I could run/walk/jog/crawl a marathon myself.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #97  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEmery08 View Post
Ron just makes me frustrated. There is just something in his personality that irks me.
Me too.

I just found out that he's a politician.

That explains it, LOL!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #98  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I voted for Ron. I am all for Tara. She definitely deserves it. She worked harder than any of them and never fell below the yellow line! NEVER. Has that ever been done before?! She is a absolutely amazing and really has inspired me. We are the same height and she just got below my weight in the last couple weeks.

*Yeah she looks a bit like Ricki in her face. I never thought about that before!*
Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #99  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Im not a big fan of Ron...but last night when he didnt give up, and was going to finish no matter what...once he crossed the lines, i was in tears, to see mike and max there along with everyone else. it just proves we can push ourselfs alot futher then we think..mind over matter.

I really enjoyed seening max on the show, and bob going in and helping him with a workout, and eating. i hope mike and ron, help max. Max is my new favorite, even if hes not part of the show..im cheering him on.

Tara is my hero..i think she will win it, and when they showed her room with all the clothing..is that current clothing or all ove her old stuff.

mike..I felt bad for him that he couldnt run the marathon, but atleast he completed it. koodoos to him, and also im loving how hes proud of Max for getting involved!

Helen...im glad she finsished it, but she seemed to be complaining alot last night

I loved how the trainers went in, and showed them, that they dont need to be perfect, that this is the real world, and you are going to have potato chips, and wine, and be eating out.

Go Tara Go!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #100  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Does anyone know when last night's weigh-in was filmed? How long did they have at home between that weigh-in and the finale?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #101  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Does anyone know when last night's weigh-in was filmed? How long did they have at home between that weigh-in and the finale?
They went back to CA on March 23. Between the marathon and the weigh-in, I'm guessing it had to be 1-2 days at the ranch. I'm not sure if they did the weigh-in the same night as the marathon. So from then to May 12...seven weeks.

Quote:
Tara is my hero..i think she will win it, and when they showed her room with all the clothing..is that current clothing or all ove her old stuff.
That was what she brought back from the ranch. She said she hadn't unpacked and settled back in.

Did anybody notice Tara's mom's kitchen didn't change all that much? They didn't do the cabinets, those were the same. All I noticed different were the countertops and appliances....is that worth $25,000?

I'm impressed with Mike's vocabulary. Most 18 year olds I know would have no clue what the words voracious and apathetic mean.

Last night seemed even more scripted than usual. It was like, okay, now stand there and act surprised. Is it just me or does Helen sound like a broken record? I keep hearing the same stuff from her over and over...and it's pretty much all variations of "Look at me! Look what I can do!"

Ron's wife was noticeably absent from the marathon. It was weird to see them all there except her. BTW, I read that they met at a weight loss clinic.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 05-06-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Height: 5'6"

vixjean - I hate Taras teeth too. Too me it seems like she carries her head all wrong, her psoture seems off. I think her mind is going to hurt her in life. She can win every challange but has a nervous breakdown at home. She needs to get those emotions in check and learn how to handle them, if not she will be sitting on that bed eating pizza again. Lifestyle change girl.

Ron made me practically ball last night. His determination shocked everyone there and everyone at home. He will probably still be hurting at the finale but he did it. A marathon - Wow!!!

Helen - SHUT UP!! She whines and whines and look at me. Yes we know you are a selfish 48 year old who sent your daughter home. Not once did you hear her say anything about helping her daughter at home. Big deal you ran a marathon - next time do it with out whining and do it cause you want too.

Mike - he too was fighting with those emotions at home. I felt for him because he really wants to help his brother but doesn't feel he really knows how. Then thru all that he hurts his hip. I think it may just be a little bump in the road for him though. He will pull thru and do just fine in life.

Max - keep it up! He is gonna be picking up the hottest girl in his school and taking her to prom next year!!!

I am looking forward to the finale. I didn't start watching until February so I don't know a lot of the history of the show. It sure will be neat to watch though.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I really want to see Mike and Tara battle it out at the final weigh in, Mike will almost guarantee to win the 'at home' title if he is not part of the final 3.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I'm hoping that Mike makes it into the final three. Some have said that he's cocky but he's what? 18/19. How many boys that age aren't just a little cocky and add to the fact that this kid has improved by leaps and bounds both health and appearance wise. He deserves to be a little cocky.
As for Helen I really haven't had a problem with her until last night. She was being so frigging dramatic. I just wanted to scream "SHUT UP!!".
Old 05-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

The thing I don't like about Helen is that she has been thin before, she knows diet and exercise are the key to losing weight and keeping it off, she lost me the night she decided to send her daughter home, because she knew she had a better chance of winning. from that point on I just wanted her to go home.

I think Tara will win, but I think Mike deserves to win more. I really think without this opportunity the weight loss was not in his future, Every time I watch the Biggest Loser I always think the person who most benefited from the experience is the person who should win. I really think Mike learned so much and he has the determination to change his life. I think Tara will win, but something about her attitude just tells me that she will go back to her old lifestyle rather quickly.