The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #331  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Just wanted to say that out of all of the seasons of TBL I've watched, I how real the Pink Team was during their elimination.

"There's no need for words" translates into "Stop pouring sugar on poo you selfish yellow team and just let us leave!"
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #332  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

EWE- did the yellow team guy say he had a girlfriend, and then they showed him laying in bed with his X!?!?! What is that about. I love their chemistry together, but as individuals, they don't impress me.
I love betty sue, and her daughter looks freeking awesome after the show lost 60-something lbs!!!
WHY IS IT MEN loose all thier weight? That is so annoying they should have it separated by sex because it isn't fair.
I loved how Bob was being so honest about how he wasn't happy.
The mother and son team are total sellouts, they should be on survivor, not TBL. Now everyone will know they are fakes!!!
How about that next week, splitting up the teams and getting rid of one person, crazy huh!? I was getting so used to the couples, great ideas this season.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #333  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Betty Sue remind anyone of Rosanne? LOL!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Ugh.

I am so disappointed with tonight's episode. Bette-Sue and Ali are/were my FAVOURITES. I did love that Allison was tearing up, too, as Bette-Sue was talking.

Just... ugh.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #335  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm guessing that someone from yellow team is going home next week. Obviously Kelly and the producers would already know that Paul has a girlfriend, so there has to be a good (for the show) reason that it only came out this week.

I think the most likely reason is that one of them is going home next week, so they don't have to continue keeping everyone in suspense over whether the couple will reuninte. However, if neither of them go home, I would expect the "will they, won't they" drama to actually step up, and we'll see them at least comtemplating getting back together.

I still don't quite fathom why they voted off purple team, as it seems gray would have been a better choice if they were going for competition factor, as they had relatively good alliances built with the other teams. However, since pink was the most "shocking" choice, I wonder if there were behind the scene enticements for making the most dramatic choice.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #336  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Honestly, I cannot understand the yellow team's choice of sending the pink team home. Since black got immunity, the next logical choice would've been either the gray or orange team. In the end, they just bit themselves in the foot.

The teams that threw the weigh-in.....boy, was that a dumb decision! When I heard about the immunity, I knew instantly that someone behind the scenes knew ahead of time what the teams were gonna do, so they came up with this at the last minute. Pretty ingenious really.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #337  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I am a happy camper, woohoo! So elated that the pink team finally went home! And now if the black team would go I would be even happier!

Good show tonight for sure!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #338  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Bob must have been SO mad at those who threw the weigh in, especially after his warning!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #339  
Be the change

The yellow team should have gotten rid of the orange team. The orange team is the biggest threat next to the black team. I think the orange team would get rid of the yellow team in a minute if it served them. It really ticked me off that they chugged water. I would love to see Bob and Jillian refuse to train them for a week because they threw the weigh in.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:08 AM   #340  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Why or why did they send the pink team home? I agree with Sportmom that purple will be there til the end. If it ends up like last season they really need to make some changes. I guess it wouldn't be good tv if the team or the individual with the lowest percentage goes home without a vote. I think it was Season 1 and Season 2 (maybe) when the biggest loser automatically got immunity. I guess that's too easy too and not enough drama. You know how it is...money, money, and more money. They have to pull people in and get them to join the club and buy the products. I would've done that without all of the drama. Is it me or have they not reported the overall totals that everyone has lost as whole at the beginning of each episode like they have been doing the past few seasons? I could miss that part bc I'm always multitasking.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #341  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

I really thought they were going to send the purple team home. But again, the pink team looks marvelous now.

I was reading past posts - who has PCOS?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #342  
WMB Black Team

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'2

I'm so upset pink went home! D:<
Yellow team giving up their letters from home was really touching. I would've never been able to do that, even if it was to form alliances.
Dan in the kitchen making the oatmeal cracked me up! It's pretty much how I am.
Like I've said before, Orange team is JUST like me and my mom. I'll be devastated if they're the team that gets separated! D:
Old 01-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #343  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I just want to say that I love Betty Sue...I think that women had more spunk then any of them, and I'm sad she's gone
Old 01-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #344  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I think my clear favorite this season is the gray team for the following:
  1. You never hear them planning against anyone
  2. They are the most genuine
  3. They love there families and have adorable kids
  4. They have the most to lose
  5. They have a better friendship than most of the teams on the show
  6. They dont get a lot of face time but when they do they don't make a****s of themselves
  7. Something about them makes me feel all squishy inside with feel good feelings
  8. Did I mention they are the most genuine?

Now that I've said something they will get voted off...
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

After last season's water weight issue, Jillian said on her radio program that they had made new rules that would prevent that from happening again. Now here we are not long after and it happens again...so, either this season was already taping and new rules start next time or the rules don't really exist/aren't being enforced.

I loved Bette-Sue and the show won't be as humorous without her. I was really happy to see her daughter, she looks great and will be a knockout for the finale.