The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I can't stand the woman on the yellow team! (I can't remember her name) She is such a wuss, stop crying already you big baby! OMG, does she EVER stop crying? She reminds me of Eyore from winnie the pooh! I get depressed just watching her. It's like she has a perpetual grey cloud over her head! Geez, lady...don't you eyes hurt from all that crying? UGH...get over yourself.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I have to say the yellow male partner is quite funny. I truly think in his mind he is a NINJA! LOL! I about died laughing when he put that suit on and did that karate move thing. They make quite the pair.

I was so pissed when the pink team went home. Good for them for speaking up. I can't stand that people would blow their weight loss like that for strategy. What about integrity? The purple team should go home and hang their heads in shame!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #347  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post

That BetteSue and Ali went home was JUST a travesty. I love BetteSue even more that she just cutoff the apologies, and said, "You know what, just cut the crap and open that thing. Quit talking and apologizing, we know what you wrote, get on with it." LOVE HER FOR THAT. I thought she would be more honest than that in her closing comments but I guess she left it to Ali. But at least she called out the faking and the a$$ kissing going on. But Ali is so right - they were the ONLY team that hadn't been below the line, had a decent loss even that week, and didn't "throw" the weigh in. SO what we are left with are the biggest liars, the biggest cheaters, and the one team that will always max out on the weight, the black team. Everyone else will have to just run in circles to kill each other off. Still need to tweak somethign with the formula on this show, imo, bc it's not really about being the biggest loser. Those purple girls are going to make it to the finals just like the people in the last season, bc they were not threats. UGH.

I wouldn't have voted for the yellow team in the beggining at all, so I don't even understand why this show got there - to me it was all about black or gray, but then, I'm not staring at the numbers either, so I could be wrong.

I KNOW WHY THE YELLOW TEAM GOT DIVORCED. OMG, he is SOOOO all about himself. I hope he noticed that when he FINALLY let his wife go that last time, she was far faster and more nimble than him. ANd then that whole Jillian stage scene, while practically ignoring his wife. And the letter giveaway - he just said, we're doing it, didn't ask if she was ok with it. She just stands by and takes it all. Oh man, it's all about him and his universe. Makes me ill to watch it. Now I get it - and NO, I DON'T predict they will be getting back together. He loves himself too much. Poor woman.
I have had a really tough time getting into TBL this time around and BettySue & Ally were my favorites so now I have no reason to watch really. I LOVED when she cut the BS going on in the Elimination! OMG! LOVE her! I don't know how long I have wanted someone to just say exactly what she did! You go Betty Sue!!!

I feel differently about the Yellow team now. I do think it was nice of them to give the letters to everyone but I dunno. Mr. Yellow got pretty cocky last night and I can also see why they may have split. I am not seeing them back together either. I guess the only ones left to root for is Gray for me because they just seem like really nice, sensitive, down to earth guys to me. I could care less about any of the rest of them.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #348  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I guess the only ones left to root for is Gray for me because they just seem like really nice, sensitive, down to earth guys to me. I could care less about any of the rest of them.
Gray team is the best! Convert the to the Gray side!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #349  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Gray team is the best! Convert the to the Gray side!
Never underestimate the power of the Gray side!!! LOL!

Quote:
jlbake The yellow team should have gotten rid of the orange team. The orange team is the biggest threat next to the black team. I think the orange team would get rid of the yellow team in a minute if it served them. It really ticked me off that they chugged water. I would love to see Bob and Jillian refuse to train them for a week because they threw the weigh in.
I would LOVE to see that too!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #350  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

I know that some people have been asking why they didn't vote off the Grey team or the orange team since they were a biger threat. If you remember, they said they were only going to vote fore one of the teams that voted for them to go home (Black, Pink, and Purple). With the Black team out of the running with them being the biggest losers of the week, that only left the Pink and the Purple team.

I agree with DIVA and jibake, I would love to see them really slack off on the ones who threw the weigh-in (including the yellow team as they were in on it). I hope Bob and Jillian call them on it next Tuesday.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

1st, I couldn't understand anyone's reason for voting yellow to begin with. They won 1 week and suddenly they're a huge threat?!?!?! It was everyone's chance to rid themselves of the black team and they blew it. So, either there were alliances in place we were not privy to or the whole thing is rigged worse than survivor.
I didn't like pink so I don't care that they're gone.
Someone said the yellow guy is all about himself. He has to be. His ex is too busy crying and whining to step up and make any decisions. The only reason she wanted to get their second to last peg was because she didn't want the "pressure" of retreaving the LAST one. What pressure he had the other team smoked? If their strategy was for him to do all but one it made scence for him to continue since he was in a groove.
Purple, still not liking them. I started to feel sorry for them last week. They're young life sucks being young and heavy ya da ya da. Back to thinking they're just a product of the "me generation." Hand it to me, make it easy on me. They should go home.
It would be nice to see Mark go home and Jay stay. He's the much kinder gentler brother.
Nothing against Blue. They're both nice we'll have to see.
Orange, I'd like to see the son get it together. I think he's only weird, because his weight has made him too self conscious. The mom just seems like a bitter person who probably has a hard time being a real friend to anyone. Send her home so the apron strings get cut!
Go GRAY all the way! Loving these two guys and hope they can pull it off and live a long healthy life with their families.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Oh and yes, Bob and Jillian both should call every water guzzling cheater out and leave them on their own.
I want to see more working out and less crying over letters from home. I want to see some sweat. Maybe even a little vomit. ( I know gross, but...) I want to see people glare at Jillian when she says, "ok, 10 more because so and so is slacking."
Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=lovnmom;2015164
Someone said the yellow guy is all about himself. He has to be. His ex is too busy crying and whining to step up and make any decisions. [/QUOTE]

Exactly! Amen sista, that woman must keep kleenex in business all on her own. My family thinks I'm nuts because I keep yelling at the TV, "Stop crying you big baby!"
Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #354  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Bob must have been SO mad at those who threw the weigh in, especially after his warning!
Yes I'm waiting for them to show his rath on that. I think he knew something would be up though and makes me wonder if the camera people let him in on what the constestants are up to.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #355  
I believe in myself

Why or why did they send the pink team home?

I think it's partly that the pink team voted for them to leave and that Betty Sue and Ali have been putting out big numbers each week.
Yellow team aligned with Blue, Orange and Purple.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #356  
I believe in myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I think my clear favorite this season is the gray team for the following:
  1. You never hear them planning against anyone
  2. They are the most genuine
  3. They love there families and have adorable kids
  4. They have the most to lose
  5. They have a better friendship than most of the teams on the show
  6. They dont get a lot of face time but when they do they don't make a****s of themselves
  7. Something about them makes me feel all squishy inside with feel good feelings
  8. Did I mention they are the most genuine?

Now that I've said something they will get voted off...

ITA with ya Chellez. I've like these 2 from the get go.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #357  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Even though I'd love to see a woman take the BL title, I'm gonna have to root for the Gray team from now on.

I just checked out the BL website, percentages lost so far are:

Mark - 18%
Dan - 15%
Bernie - 15%
Paul - 14%
Trent - 14%
Jackie - 13%
Jay - 12%
Roger - 12%
Kelly - 11%
Brittany - 9%
Jenn - 10%
Maggie - 9%

Looks like a close competiton as individuals, especially if you factor in those thrown weigh-ins last night.

Last edited by dixied; 01-23-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #358  
I believe in myself

Maybe even a little vomit.

I saw enough of that from the kid on the Blue team their first few days at the ranch. lol
Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #359  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I think the rule was that if you had immunity and you gained weight you were automatically up for elimination.

Also, if both the purple team falls below the yellow line (which is very likely since neither of them ever puts up big numbers) then one of them will go. I'm not so sure they'll be there till the end.

I hope they show Bob giving it to Orange next week!

And, yellow team did say that they said going in that they would vote off black, gray or pink. And I think thats because those 3 teams banded together in that walking through the mud pit ball challenge. Not sure why after black got immunity they didnt go after gray but like Chellez said they are really good guys so maybe yellow saw that. Who knows. So much happens that we dont even see.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #360  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Dee...OMG!! I need the same BL shirt as you! to not look like my mom!!!! that gave me goosebumps! I totally look like my mom when I'm fat!