The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah.. there are tons of them on myspace.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #182  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
I also landed on Bobs page... HE'S 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have thought him to be MUCH younger! (not saying 42 is old by ANY means....) I just assumed he was in his 30s!
I just can't believe that! He's actually 42???!! I too thought he was in his 30's as well...wow....when you take care of yourself, it really shows!

Judging from the previews, it looks like Kim really ticked off her team in the gym...probably from demanding more than they wanted to give.....can't wait to watch!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:27 AM   #183  

I some how managed to miss the preview for next week.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #184  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hey! 42 is not old. I'm 43 and life has never been better. At this age, I've learned enough about life to feel comfortable being who I am without any regard to what anyone else thinks. (But, he does look kinda hot.)
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #185  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hey! 42 is not old. I'm 43 and life has never been better. At this age, I've learned enough about life to feel comfortable being who I am without any regard to what anyone else thinks. (But, he does look kinda hot.)
Heck I guess I am an early blooomer because I reached that at about 34'ish. I hear Rita Wilson say on Ellen this week that she's about to turn 50 and she feels like she's at the age where she's earned the right to say exactly what she thinks...and I was like well, dang, I do that now @ 40! LOL! I came to a point in my life a while back that I feel like we are pretty in this alone. Ya can't really count on anyone else or point the finger's at anyone else when we mess up. I am the only one I can count on. I will do and say what I want. I don't feel like I have to impress or earn anyones approval, ESPECIALLY my parents, so either take me as is or go about your own way. No sweat off my back. They may sound cold, but that's how I am.

Last edited by Diva; 10-12-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I came to a point in my life a while back that I feel like we are pretty in this alone. Ya can't really count on anyone else or point the finger's at anyone else when we mess up. I am the only one I can count on. I will do and say what I want. I don't feel like I have to impress or earn anyones approval, ESPECIALLY my parents, so either take me as is or go about your own way. No sweat off my back. They may sound cold, but that's how I am.
Wow... I've just started feeling this way and I'm 27. I think my husband has a lot to do with it though. I used to be a people pleaser and would be miserable just as long as everybody around me was happy. My hubby (over the course of our nearly 5 year marriage) has taught me that I only have 1 life to live and I need to do things for me. I don't want to be at the end of my life and look back with regrets of things I didn't do because it would make other people mad, sad, look at me funny. So, I've just recently started having that kind of mentality. If people (my family included) want to talk down to me, badly about me, or judge me because of decisions I make..... it's their loss for not having their heads and hearts open.

AND...GirlyGirlSebas - I never said 42 was old.... I thought 40 was the new 30?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #187  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

If 40 is the new 30, does that make me 26 now? I like that idea.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #188  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Well, I'm 35 and I'm pretty much at the point where I say what I want to LOL! And I'm beyond worrying about someones feelings getting hurt, sometimes the truth just hurts and what I've learned in my young age is that it doesnt do anyone any favors to pansy foot around the truth. Walking on eggshells never solved anyones problems. I would certainly hope that noone does that with me. I want to hear the truth...ugly warts and all! Its actually something I'm pretty proud to have learned! Diva...I feel just like you ESPECIALLY with my inlaws. But thats a whole different story! My little miss mary sunshine days ended around 30ish LOL!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Did anybody notice how when Kim and the red team were working out in the pool, the camera did a major zoom-in on Kim in a bikini?? That annoyed me to no end. Here we are watching a show about obese people working their butts off just to look normal, and the camera has to throw in that little bit of raunchiness to supposedly keep the audience interested. I dunno, for some reason that really irked me.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #190  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydisney View Post
I dunno, for some reason that really irked me.
Yeah, I thought those shots were totally unnecessary. The show has a loyal audience....no need for cheese.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #191  

Im gonna be tuning in tonight.. how bout u? Any ideas about what will happen?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #192  

I'm tuning in FOR SURE! I have no clue what will happen but I hope it involves Kim getting treadmill-burn or something! okayokay... that wasn't nice, I know... she just REALLY gets under my skin.... and I'm glad to see that tonight her team will turn on her....(or at least it seems like it with the previews) I can hope!

Can't wait to see Bob again *sigh*

and my heart belongs to THE BLACK TEAM!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #193  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
I'm tuning in FOR SURE! I have no clue what will happen but I hope it involves Kim getting treadmill-burn or something! okayokay... that wasn't nice, I know... she just REALLY gets under my skin.... and I'm glad to see that tonight her team will turn on her....(or at least it seems like it with the previews) I can hope!

Can't wait to see Bob again *sigh*

and my heart belongs to THE BLACK TEAM!!!!
For some reason I can never remember Kim's name. She just doesn't inspire me for some reason. It's like she's just a nameless extra, she's redundant. Jillian's the badass trainer, Bobalicous is eyecandy and the sensitive trainer. Kim is just there taking camera time away from Jillian and Bob as far as I'm concerned. I'm still laughing over the "Ken and Barbie" comment Jillian made on the episode when the Black Team joined back in.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
. I'm still laughing over the "Ken and Barbie" comment Jillian made on the episode when the Black Team joined back in.
Yep, I actually laughed out loud (and I was home by myself watching it) when she said that. That and when, on the last episode, Kim was patting herself on the back for how she told her team they could drink, they were adults... then it cut to Jillians interview where she was saying something about how they're there to do their job...and grow up...(something like that, I can't remember the actual words....but I laughed then and said "YOU GO GIRL!")
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #195  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I am going to catch bits and pieces of the show....it's on at the same time as 'The Unit', and I really like both shows. Besides, I get to see Bob every morning at 5:30 am, when I do my Biggest Loser work-outs!!!

I also caught the camera shot of Kim coming out of the pool. It reminded me of some one video taping something, and then wondering off at the sight of a cute figure. LOL

Last edited by Dea; 10-16-2007 at 06:32 PM.