Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Bethbeth - I am so glad you are feeling better and congrats on the 3 pound loss!!!! You go girl!!!!

ggmugsy - Thanks! It didn't matter if I looked silly because I was the only person in the office gym at the time! Hooray for that!

Shay - Awesome mini goal!!!!! You can definitely get there! One of these days I will be rejoining Onederland as well and I will be so thrilled!

I just got back from another 15 minute visit with the treadmill on my lunch break. Yippee! Two days in a row! I am making progress! Let's do it again tomorrow! The yard didn't get mowed last night though due to the washing machine breaking on us. Grrr! I totally can't afford a new one. We have the part that we think will fix it and will try to install it tonight. Cross your fingers and pray!!!!! We'll see if I can knock out the yard tonight while my father-in-law and husband tackle the washing machine. I'll take the 3 year old out with me and she can play on her swingset while I mow. She'll love that!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 06-02-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 06-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #47  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Hey ya'll just poppin in so say well... hey ya'll Jumped on the scale out of pure curiosity today and was down almost 2 lbs WOOT WOOT! I am happy with that, can't wait to see what sunday holds!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #48  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Shay- I'm looking into starting pool classes to when I'm back in the states. They we so much fun last summer and really helped me.

Courtney- 2 days in a row GO YOU!! Good luck with the washing machine. Sending good vibes and lots of prayer your way.

SMSDreamer- Good job on those 2lbs!

Hope everyone is doing well. IT'S FRIDAY!!! here in SK anyways. Taking my school kiddos to the fish museum and to the beach. Of course, all my moms are going on the trip because I can't watch 14 3 year olds at the beach and not be worried. Yeeah for mommies!!! This weekend is a four day weekend here in SK. No big plans. Hope to get some nice walking done this weekend to aid in my weight loss. No big loss this week but last week's huge loss is holding. I'm going to use the next 3 days to try to make something happen. Time to go start drinking my water for the day.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 265/213/180

Height: 6'1.5

Hey guys! I'm visiting my family and this is the first time I've been able to get online since monday! I did fairly good with eating but haven't had much formal exercise. I've been playing with kids a lot, which feels like exercise but I've been doing workouts so regularly, I'm nervous that it might affect my weight this week. I'm weighing in tomorrow so I guess I'll see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #50  

So I did well today...I am working extra hard since I screwed up at the beginning of the week and have to weigh in on Saturday.

Hubby and I had an interview this evening with the local newspaper as they are doing a write up on us because we both made straight A's in college this semester and are a young married couple, etc.. (i thought this was awesome-i've never been interviewed in the newspaper or anything)

Well afterwards, we decided to go out to eat. I really didn't want to but was starving and he didn't want to wait 30 minutes for me to cook. (He is not on a diet) Well he picked the local mexican restaurant...I wasn't too thrilled but I managed.

I'm proud to say I ordered water instead of tea and they always bring out chips and salsa (that i love) but I denied myself and just let me hubby eat them. I sat there and thought about our weigh in and said if I eat these, they will only hold me back. I also just ate a grilled chicken burrito which is a great choice compared to what I use to eat so I was happy.

We came home and I did my evening exercise so I call today a success and wanted to share!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #51  

Hi Red Team,
Today was Dad's chemo day, he goes every 3 weeks, everything is still going really good, and we go back in 3 weeks again. One of my biggest problems is making one meal for the family while trying to lose weight and to keep Dad's weight stable. He has colon cancer and won't get surgery ( I don't blame him after finding out what they would have to do). I am doing better on the meals now it's warm enough to grill.

Tomorrow I'm going to work in the garden in the morning. The weeds have been trying to take over. I've got a bigger garden this year and I'm going to preserve a bunch of veges for the winter. I'm done planting I think, there are still a few places I can squeeze something else in. Right now I have 14 tomato plants, 14 pepper plants (4 varieties), 8 cabbages, 4 broccoli, 4 cauliflower, 3 brussels sprouts, green beans, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, leaf lettuce, spinach (not coming up good), summer squash, and zuccini. The squashes are just coming up, I have 4 hills up today. I was begining to think they weren't going to grow, I have problems with zuccini if anyone can believe that, it doesn't grow well for me. I also have strawberries, an heirloom variety that has been in DH's family for generations. Enough about all the good veges I'm going to have, I hope everyone has a great week.
Bette K
Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #52  

Bette K - Wow! I'd love to see your garden! Do post a pic for us sometime! I wish I had the space to have a big garden like that. And great job on your meals and making progress! I hope your dad will get better soon.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!

Sadly the washing machine still isn't fixed. We're going to try more repair stuff on it tonight and see what we can do. I'm going to clean out my car tonight so I can plan to take all the laundry over to my mom's on Saturday and wash it. This laundry issue may hamper my plans to hit the gym but I can do some physical activity at my mom's without it looking like exercise.

I took a peek at the scale and it is moving...in the right direction! It's so nice to see the number going DOWN again! I actually am looking forward to Sunday morning to see what it will show for official results!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #53  

I am hoping that everyone's being so quiet because they're getting in a Last Chance Workout before this weekend's weigh in!

I just got back from the office gym. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and an extra 10 minutes on the stationary bike!

I am making progress and it's the right kind of progress too!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good week so far

CourtneyDaisy - good job fitting the treadmill into your lunch breaks and adding extra time on the bike! Every bit counts

I have had a good week I peeked at the scale today and I am down so I am excited to post in the first official weigh in. I told my boyfriend (I was planning on keeping it a secret) and he has been really supportive going for walks with me and playing tennis. He is also keeping me on track with me eating since he has offered to give up junk food with me but we are each allowed a small treat once a week. I feel like I am on the right track this time since previously I would have given up by now.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #55  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Uh-oh, the blue team just passed us up in number of posts in their chat thread. Let's keep talking ladies. It's ok if you don't feel like you have anything interesting to say....just tell us what kind of exercise you did, or what you had for dinner. Tell us if you are feeling great about your weight loss this week, or if you are feeling discouraged. I don't know, tell us what color your underwear are right now, just tell us something

By the way....mine are green
Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Just watched the first Extreme Makeover. I like the shows where they concentrate on one person and complete the weight loss in one show. Much more inspirational! And this one is 12 months - much more realistic than BL though they did have the woman exercising 3 times a day! At least they gave her 1500 cal, it wasn't starvation.

Got off track this week - going to throw away the empty calories now. Better late than never. I still have until Sunday!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #57  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Default Biggest Loser Challenge Thread

Hello Red Team!

Please excuse the intrusion on your chat thread, but I need your opinions!

I have talked to Bigmid and she talked to Shan84, about adding a challenge thread for this BL challenge. I have volunteered to start the challenge, but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys first. I have two different ideas that I got from a couple years ago when I did the BL challenge and I'd like to revive at least one of them here in our BL challenge. So, whichever receives the most votes will be started in a BL thread for both teams, and the other challenge I'll probably start in another part of the forum somewhere.

Idea 1: We each set an exercise goal in minutes, stating how many minutes of exercise we intend to do in the month. This can be any exercise at all, it doesn't have to be working out, it can be gardening, cleaning, whatever gets you up and moving, all forms of movement can be included. Then we update our progress in the thread like we do with our weigh-ins by editing our posts. This way we keep ourselves accountable and we have some extra motivation to get up and move!

Idea 2: We do a weekly challenge thread where we all come up with challenges for each other to do that week. Like I would post something like: 20 squats and 10 second wall sits. And the next person would post something like: "I'll take that challenge! And I challenge 100 step ups with alternating legs!" And then everybody picks which challenges they want to accept and posts about how they did with the challenge, and maybe adds a challenge of their own.

I want to do the challenge that most people would find the most inspiring and helpful for themselves, so I'd really like your opinions before I start it. I think that this thread might be closed soon, as it is the end of the week, so if you'd like to pm me with your vote on which challenge thread you'd rather have, I'll wait until Wednesday to start off the challenge thread.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

/hugs around
Quilly
Old 06-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #58  

Quilly - I love the idea of a challenge thread! I would totally participate in that! It sounds fun and it a great way to inspire folks to get moving!

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

You know what today is? LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!!! Tomorrow we have to face the scale and see the fruits of our labors this week! So make it a good one! Whether you or or , it's time to get your exercise on!!!! I had planned on going swimming today but my husband has the car. That means I am stuck at home so I have to find some home-based exercise to be able to do today. I will be catching up on laundry because...

THE WASHING MACHINE IS FIXED!!!!!

I am so thrilled about that!!!! I don't have to buy a new one now! Hooray!!!!! So, while I do laundry I am going to have to do some exercise around the house. It's going to me insanely hot today so it better be something inside!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #59  

Well I just weighed in. I have lost 3 lbs. I started on Thursday morning eating right and exercising and didn't cheat those two days. I guess it was 3 lbs since that was my first days of my journey. When I've done this in the past, I usually take off 7 lbs in the first week (probably cuz I go from 3500-4000 calories to 1200-1500 lol) Then I plateau second week and usually quit since i didnt see big results again (dumb i know) so not to sure how next week weigh in will be since this is technically only a weigh in for 2 days but I will do my best!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
Uh-oh, the blue team just passed us up in number of posts in their chat thread. Let's keep talking ladies. It's ok if you don't feel like you have anything interesting to say....just tell us what kind of exercise you did, or what you had for dinner. Tell us if you are feeling great about your weight loss this week, or if you are feeling discouraged. I don't know, tell us what color your underwear are right now, just tell us something

By the way....mine are green
I agree that we have been too quite. It does take time to post but, accountability is key. Use the food and exercise tracking threads too. I do not log food or plan exercise but, checking in at the end of the day or morning should help keep us committed. I would like to see more of us doing that.

QuillysQuest- Both sound great. Challenges will keep us going. Thanks for posting your ideas!

Last edited by celrae; 06-04-2011 at 03:03 PM.