3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team Summer Meltdown Chat Thread Week 1 (5/30-6/5) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/234347-red-team-summer-meltdown-chat-thread-week-1-5-30-6-5-a.html)

shan84 05-29-2011 06:59 PM

Red Team Summer Meltdown Chat Thread Week 1 (5/30-6/5)

Welcome to the first official week of our challenge. Hope everyone has a great week.

Don't forget to post your weigh in before 10pm AST time zone.

Also, reminder you need to post at least once during the week to be considered for biggest loser (this is for weekly Biggest Loser and overall challenge Biggest Loser).

Good luck red team!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

shan84 05-29-2011 07:08 PM

A repost from this weekend:

An interesting read: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.p...d-in-80-diets/

What I Eat: Around the World in 80 diets.

peanutt 05-29-2011 07:33 PM

Thanks for sharing that, Shan! Looks very interesting. I put in a hold at the library.

rainbowsmiles 05-29-2011 08:31 PM

welcome to week 1 RED TEAM....the most awesomest team ever!!! welcome newbies too :) good luck!! :cheer:

shan84 05-29-2011 09:43 PM

Peanutt- I put a hold on it too. It looks very interesting. How was your weekend?

Rainbowsmiles- Hope you have a great week! :carrot:

peanutt 05-29-2011 09:49 PM

rainbowsmiles - I've been thinking of you and I'm looking forward to chatting with you again!

Shan - I had a great weekend, thanks for asking! The weather has been wonderful, I ran my first 5K race this morning and I'm feeling great. I'm sorry to read about your dad. How is he doing?

shan84 05-29-2011 10:35 PM

Peanutt- He's feeling better. He went home from the hospital in the middle of the night. Turned out to be an infection. They are treating it with meds. It's always difficult for me when something happens back home and I am all the way on the other side of the world. This time was particularly difficult because even the bf is gone so I had no one to turn to really. :) But he's ok now and I'm ok. I made it thru! :)

OhMyDogs 05-29-2011 10:36 PM

I'm slightly confused...we weigh in again before the weigh in on or around June 5? Or we have to post before 10pmAST by June 5?

shan84 05-29-2011 10:48 PM

You need to weigh in by June 5th at 10pm AST. This can be anytime this week, or on Sunday...but the cutoff time to post is 10pm AST on June 5th.

bethbeth 05-29-2011 10:56 PM

Peanutt ~ Congrats on running your first 5K! :cheer: That's awesome!

Shan ~ I'm sorry you're alone right now. Keep talking to us :)

This evening I went for a nice 45 minutes walk with my husband and pushing my daughter in the stroller. She LOVES to go for walks and look at everything. I'm trying to get out with her as much as the weather will allow.

Rated 05-29-2011 11:24 PM

Bethbeth- It is great that you are taking advantage of the nice weather and getting some walking in with your family

I think I am going to have to talk my boyfriend into going for walks, playing tennis or something on nice days instead of us sitting inside watching TV and eating junk food.

peanutt 05-29-2011 11:39 PM

Beth and Rated - your posts made me think of a podcast I listened to last week. It's about the difference between activity and exercise and some of the health problems caused by too many sedentary hours. Here's the link. After listening to it I recommitted to incorporating more activity into my days.

OhMyDogs 05-29-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan84 (Post 3869774)
You need to weigh in by June 5th at 10pm AST. This can be anytime this week, or on Sunday...but the cutoff time to post is 10pm AST on June 5th.

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me :)

Rated 05-30-2011 12:41 AM

peanutt- Thanks for posting that podcast. I think they had a lot of good points and I plan on listening to more of their earlier podcasts.

I feel like incorporating more activity into my life is something I really need to work on. Do you have any suggestions? what has worked for you?

SMSDREAMER2007 05-30-2011 03:19 AM

HEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOO red team!!!! Great to see ya'll! Excited to be in this challenge and have a chance to talk to some old friends and new ones too! Lets smash the blue team!!! hehehe