Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #16  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
peanutt- Thanks for posting that podcast. I think they had a lot of good points and I plan on listening to more of their earlier podcasts.

I feel like incorporating more activity into my life is something I really need to work on. Do you have any suggestions? what has worked for you?
Something that I used to do more of and have started doing again is going to the washroom two floors down from where I work. Those stair trips don't really take too much time, but they allow me to get up from my desk longer and move around a bit more. I do the same thing at home where we have a washroom on each floor....I always use the one on the floor I'm not on at the time. I work primarily a desk job, so I'm making more of a point to stand up throughout the day, even if it's just to read something.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!

Here we are again! Another rockin' awesome Biggest Loser challenge!!!!!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the USA! Don't let the cookouts and desserts mess you up for the first week of the challenge. Wouldn't it be rough having to take a freebie so soon? Nope, we're going to be strong. We're going to have the willpower to flock to the fruit bowl and push away the pie! We're going to rock this holiday and be committed to our goals and to ourselves!

What are your plans for the week? As for me, I am taking today to get my house back in shape. I've been going strong on the house cleaning all day long. My dishes are washed and put away. My laundry is almost done. I only have a couple of loads left! (Laundry is my least favorite chore, so this is a major accomplishment!) The toys (both child and dog) have been put away. The cobwebs are gone from the corners of my rooms. The trash has been taken out. And the dining room table has been cleaned off!

What's left on my chore list?
-Clean out the Expedition
-Sweep and mop the kitchen and breakfast room floors
-Clean the bathrooms
-Dust the bedrooms
-Go grocery shopping
-Rearrange the living room
-Vacuum the floors

Then my house will be all clean! :banana: :banana: :banana: We are planning on going to see the fireworks in Senoia tonight. Brenna will love that!

I still have a LOT to get done so I'd better get off my butt-er and get back to work! This day will be over before you know it and then I'll have to go back to work tomorrow. Four day weekends are rare for me and they just go by so darn fast.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Hellllooo Red Team!!

IM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE TO KICK BUTT!!!!

I have my exam coming up just around the corner so im going to try and keep up, but Im sorry my posts may be short! But you all are inspirational!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

peanutt- excellent pod cast! Activity is the key!!!

Our family gave up TV 1 1/2 years ago (we do use Netfilx). We don't miss the constant stream. There are better ways of getting entertainment and information.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Hi all,

I'm excited that I've finished the first official day of being a Summer Meltdown red team member!! It's already Tuesday here (and its the first official day of Winter tomorrow) ....and its very cold!! We had a fire in our garage/roof and they had to take the insulation out to fix it and stop the smell .... Its a frost outside too ...

Anyway ... Shan .... thanks for all the organisation -hope your Dad is feeling better ...

Peanutt .... I like the podcast too .... I've been trying to move more in my classroom even .. it is better for teaching and my health ...

Courtney Daisy ...hope you enjoy the last part of your weekend .... your housework list is putting me to shame .... we have a long weekend next week and I need to do a wee bit ... (although the insurance company cleaned my house a month ago .... from top to bottom and everyhing in it too get rid of the smell from the fire) ....

Kneedtolose ... good luck for your exam ...

Rainbowsmiles .... I've been reading some of your posts ... I really like your positive outlook on life ...

Looking forward to getting to know you all
Old 05-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #21  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Kneed- Good luck on your exam. You can do it!!

Courtney- Talk about a major cleaning. I bet you burned a bunch of calories doing all of that. Good for you!

HMM3- He is feeling better thanks!

Ok all well I looked at a calendar today and.....40 days left in SK before I'm stateside once again. I can't believe it. The time is really flying by. Tomorrow is one of my students last day of school and I just know I'm going to be a crying mess. Even if there are obvious issues with school administration here the one thing I loved this year were my kids. 3 and 4 year olds are so darn cute and to see them learn new things everyday was the greatest reward. Oh, and today is payday so I'm planning to head to the bank to transfer money home and then going with a co-worker to see the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. My goal today- to have a lower calorie day and NOT eat anything bad at the movie theater. Being tempted is ok, but giving in to temptation is not an option for me! Hope you all are doing well this week!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 224/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey View Post
HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!

Here we are again! Another rockin' awesome Biggest Loser challenge!!!!!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the USA! Don't let the cookouts and desserts mess you up for the first week of the challenge. Wouldn't it be rough having to take a freebie so soon? Nope, we're going to be strong. We're going to have the willpower to flock to the fruit bowl and push away the pie! We're going to rock this holiday and be committed to our goals and to ourselves!

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!!!
. My weekend was amazing but...The cookouts and desserts totally got to me! From here on out I will be good and stay strong to make my goal!

GO RED TEAM!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #23  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

thank you hhm3....i need to go read them and inspire myself as i haven't been too positive lately....thanks for reminding me
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey everybody!

I'm glad the challenge has finally started. Had a great day today. POP with food. Didn't do official "exercise," but worked in the yard for a hard 4.5 hours.

I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast Peanutt posted tomorrow.

CourtneyDaisy: I'm tired just reading your chores for the day!

Kneedtoknow: Good luck on your exam!

Shan- Glad to hear your father is feeling better. BIG HUG!

Everybody else - so glad to learn more about you. I'm looking forward to this getting to know more throughout this challenge.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

It ended up being a nice day, I was glad to get my walk in 5.33 miles.

Peanut- The Cut the Fat blog has a lot of good information that might be helpful to the team. Thanks for pointing me in their direction.Diet Soda?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #26  

Height: 5'8"

Well I started off the challenge by ordering pizza Saturday night, so that wasn't the most brilliant start. Of course I had somewhat of a NSV because I did not shovel in pizza until I could not move. Instead I determined an amount I was willing to eat ahead of time and stuck to it. It is normally my weakness. On the other hand I had a full weekend of scuba diving so it didn't appear to do any damage at all. I suspect I needed the extra boost of calories because after two dives Friday night and two Saturday morning I was too exhausted to make anything. Luckily the kids had finished off the pizza before I got home from diving on Sunday since I am always absolutely starved when I get done. I was able to get right back on track with my eating.

I will say that I may not have been so motivated to get right back on track without this challenge. It is a hard 10 day stretch where three of my kids have birthdays, so that makes three birthday cakes in my house.

Now I am trying to determine a plan for exercising this week. I had started the C25K program but my knees were really suffering into the second week. I had to take a break and it was a challenge even carrying all that gear this weekend, but today they seem to have made a dramatic recovery. I am hoping in another week I can pick back up with the C25K even if I have to take it a little slower.

KaeBae, I totally had to avoid the memorial day cookouts and treats. I am just not sure I had the strength. As it stands, I am just happy that none of the neighbors have their grills going.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Hello red team!! I'm hoping this challenge will keep me on track to my goal! Let's kick blue teams butt!!!

Bethbeth- our baby girls are just 15 days apart (my daughter's first bday is 7/15)
Old 05-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! Reached a new low this morning. 186.6! My scale almost tried to quit on me...giving me an E for error the day before but it started working again. Starting my new job tomorrow at an assisted living facility. Nervous!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

HELLO RED TEAM!!!!

How is your Tuesday going? You know, even though I posted about it being Memorial Day yesterday..I totally thought it was Sunday! Hahahaha! Today totally feels like a Monday to me, even though I know in reality it's not.

I've been drinking water a lot today and eating healthy! Yay! Every step in the right direction will get me to my goal, right?

I would love to finish out 2011 on a good note and be in Onederland by January 2012! I have decided to set myself a mini goal to do that. That gives me a full 6 months to drop 53.4 pounds. It's doable really. But in order to do it...NO EXCUSES!!!!! I have to be constantly vigilant and remain accountable. I have decided I need to set myself one fitness/exercise activity at minimum to do every day! Whether it's mow the grass or talk a short walk with the dog or do some major housecleaning item, I need to make sure that I do something physical on a daily basis! I am going to go revise my Fitness Journal to include my daily goals for each day this week.

Do any of you have a mini goal that you are working towards right now? Do share it! I love to set goals and love even more to reach them! We can ALL do this!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #30  

Hey all!!!

First, I want to give kudos to anyone who was able to make it through the Memorial Weekend (those in the US of course) and ate healthy, exercised etc!

I am really bummed with myself because I JUST started my weight loss journey last Monday. I did well Monday-Thursday, then slipped up. (already) From Friday-Monday I didn't eat well or exercised, etc. I did swim in the lake but it wasn't part of my original plan of exercise.

I had lost 4 lbs those 4 days I stayed on my diet, but have gained it all back. So I'm back where I started.

HOWEVER, I am not going to let it get me down or quit like I would have in the past. I'm back on track and today is a new day! I'm going to plan out the rest of the week of what I am going to eat and how I'm going to exercise, etc.

So for those of you who might have slipped, you are not alone and we can do this! Let's get back on our feet and get at it! And to those who did what you planned, you're awesome and what keeps me going so I can do it as well!

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!!