Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #61  

Hi I did great with eating until I got hone from work. Then it was a mini free fir all. I'm really hoping for better things to come by next week. I have not had my head in the game since mid October. I need to find my mojo again. I need spring.......but I need to lose now so I can feel good in the spring/summer clothes

Great job on the posting of the winter challenge everyone. Bobbi don't feel bad about not everyone answering or chatting. This is what always happens. Your right the ones that are still here make this team strong. We will all win this challange just by finishing it.

WOOHOO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #62  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Well - we're doing pretty good keeping up with the WINTER challenge. It does help me to remain accountable to my team. Still losing, seem to be doing better by eating more. Honestly. When I go below 1500 calories, I stand still or go up. When I'm closer to 1500 - I lose. Go figure. I am trying to get more protein and fiber into the mix, plus the water so that's probably helpful too. Man, Bobbi, you really get the fiber, must keep you . . . uh . . . busy.

W - 60 oz
I - I'm encouraged by our team effort
N - OP
T - Right now, surfing the net
E - Going right now to WATP
R - Good sleep

Dora
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Just popping in to say "Hi!"

Hope everyone is having a great week! I am having a slow week so far. Only lost .6 lbs so far but I have 1/2 way on my journey. 22.6 lbs lost with 22.6 lbs to go to 135! Will be back tomorrow to do some persies. Happy Friday!

Last edited by maryshady; 02-04-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #64  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ha Ha Dora, that's my secret key to losing weight. I don't know how that much fiber would affect you or other Blue team members but with me, it was built up gradually and I've had no ill effects at all. I get approx. 19 grams at breakfast and it keeps me full until lunch. Sometimes I'm not even hungry at noon which is why I only eat about 12oz of homemade tomato soup at lunch time. I do munch on carrots and celery with peanut butter sauce (using PB2) in the afternoons but then eat a normal supper. Since I don't eat a protein at noon, I usually eat as much meat as I want and still have plenty of calories left over for night time snacks. I'm way short of calories rather than being over my calorie limit. Sometimes at night I'll eat a teaspoon-Tablespoon of olive oil to get my calories up.
Quote:
. Man, Bobbi, you really get the fiber, must keep you . . . uh . . . busy.

Jacky...with so much on your mind, I can see why you lost your mojo. My DH and I attend a meditation class, my DH has a mind that never turns off. He is learning through just 15 minutes of meditation, he can stop thinking of things he has to do, things that need to be done, the future things that might or might not crop up. It's very hard for him and I'm thinking your mind isn't resting very much. Find your mojo anywhere you can. Do you have support in your home or from friends. (other than the Blue Team) I don't know if your're married, have kids?
I'll be back later with my W.I.N.T.E.R. Dh is waiting for me to pack a lunch for him, he's off for a scouting trip for a new place to hunt deer.
Later........
Old 02-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #65  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

HEY GUYS! I switched to the momentum weight watchers plan on wednesday and already I am down to 194.6!!! YAY! I feel like now I am on a roll and will be able to contribute more to on team loss! I'll do WINTER tonight.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Honestly, I kinda feel like the smack talk is unproductive, at least for me. If I had a hard week at work (which I did week 2) and that lead to a gain (which it did week 2), having someone make me feel bad about how the team is doing isn't going to make me feel better, especially when I already feel bad about now having to re-lose the weight I gained. But that's just my two cents.

On a happier note, my hubby and I had a fantastic tomato soup for lunch, and I thought I would share. The original is here, but I made some changes, so here they are:

2 small yellow onions, sliced
2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes
7 oz turkey kielbasa
1 heaping tbs minced garlic
3/4 can chicken stock (more if you like it soupy)
1 tbs oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil

Saute onion and garlic in skillet til soft. Add to small pot with tomatoes, stock, and seasonings. Raise heat to medium and simmer 10 min. While soup is simmering, slice kielbasa into small pieces and brown slightly in skillet. Using either an immersion blender or transferring soup to a blender, blend soup to desired amount of chunkyness. Once soup is blended, add kielbasa.

It was souper good (see what I did there?) It's kinda a light lunch, but I think with the kielbasa it will tide us over nicely at least until an afternoon snack.

(this is for yesterday)
W- check! all 100oz
I- I am strong enough to do this
T- not much of this...
E- Full contact house cleaning?
R- and how!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #67  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Team,
I am so happy for the losers! Congrats! Blue Team. I have not been on here for close to a week! Why? A ton of excuses, non of them valid!. The truth is, I feel like I can post only when I am doing okay. When I am not doing the things that are right for me, I want to hide; I just "ignore" everything. Of course, ignoring things, goes WAY beyond my physical health. It colors everything I do.

So it's February. My new years resolution was to stop just that, so I am posting as a matter of accountability.
I am SO sorry, Blue, but I am going to post a gain this week. Unfortunately, I need to post it, because using a freebie will just let me ignore it for another week. I know everyone has worked so hard, and I promise this next week will be a loss, even if it is a small one.
OH! and I LOVE the WINTER challenge, and will be joining in.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday!

Here is my update from Thursday:

W - water intake-100 oz
I - I can do this!! Each day is a new day!!
N - Nutrition, Good except for the Chinese food that added some water weight this morning
T - time for you.. Not today either
E - Exercise-Biggest Loser Power Sculpt
R - Rest, about 7 hours

Yesterday was a great day! I got a job offer I was hoping for. I have been very miserable at my current job so I am looking forward to making a change! But there is a huge downfall. I will not have an office. I will be traveling to different nursing homes each day. So I will be on the road alot. How am I even remotely going to be able to stay OP? Anyone else travel for work?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #69  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with personals. It's been a weird week.

W - I don't know the exact amount, but it's all I've been drinking today.
I - I may be having a terrible challenge week, but other parts of my life are going pretty good. For instance, I just saved a possum's life a little while ago.
N - Bad day so far, food wise. But dinner/further snacks will be healthy.
T - I wrote another chapter in my book.
E - Dancing while doing chores count?
R - I went to bed at a decent time and my hubby let me sleep really late since the kids had an "icy conditions day".
Old 02-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Hey Blues, sorry I haven't been around much this week. The first couple of days, I ate out 2X and didn't make very healthy choices. But I'm back on track now and have been good since Wednesday. And I've worked out 3 days for around 45 minutes, so hopefully that will cancel my bad eating.

Here's my "winter" from yesterday

W - about 85oz
I - I'm back on track
N - Very good, except for a few chips at lunchtime
T - watched some TV this morning before my workout
E - 45 min, 15 cardio, 30 weight-training
R - about 7 hours, cat woke my up early.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #71  
Bobbi

W - 64 oz. water, done
I - I have lots of will power
N - Well under 1200 calories.
T - time for me.. I do Bible studies every morning, then read a few chapters in my mystery book.
E - Exercise: No exercises today. Our church congregation take turns cleaning the church, today I went in to clean the two kitchens/floors and someone waxed the floors and left a message to not walk on it. I was going to use that for my exercise but will have to use that for tomorrow instead.
R - Rest: 8 hours
I had a fantastic day, DH was off scouting for new deer hunting places and I had the house to myself. We have lots of frozen tomatoes in our freezer to make low calorie soup with. I spent way too much time on the computer looking for new recipes. I found one using tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, basil, chicken broth and a surprise ingredient..........Balsamic vinegar. It turned out really delicious, only 80 calories per 8 oz. bowl.
2 cans of pumpkin have been sitting in the pantry since Thanksgiving, today I cooked 1 package of sugar free vanilla pudding with skim milk and 1/2 can of the pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
I've made this before, it's low calorie and a great way to use up those extra cans of pumpkin. It made 6 desserts @ 52 calories each. Or you can put it into 4 servings at 78 each. Have a great evening everyone and think skinny if you have to weigh in tomorrow.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-04-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

@Bobbi. That sounds like a great dessert recipe, I'll have to try it. I'm always looking for some tasty desserts that are low cal/lowcarb, because we love our desserts here. I posted a tomato soup earlier in this thread (I think on pg 5), but it may be too high cal, since it has kielbasa in it. Still, clearly we were on the same page today!

Hope everyone's having a great day. I just cleaned my room and vacuumed the floor, so I'm thinking of maybe doing some yoga tonight =D I have a very hairy dog, so normally I don't want to get my face too close ;-p
Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #73  

Hi I'm still at work and not sure when I will get off tonight so just posting a quick hello and I will be back tomorrow. Sorry about that.
I hope everyone else is having a great Friday night.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #74  
Bobbi

If any of you have time to cook from scratch, check out Bitsys Kitchen, she has a great site and many scratch mixes you can make yourself instead of buying boxed mixes.
Good Night everyone, have a great week-end.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #75  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

W - about 64oz
I - I can do this!
N - over calorie, but had a planned overindulgent meal that was just what I needed
T - watched 2 episodes of Lost with my baby
E - planned rest day
R - stayed up too late last night, and now I'm zonked. Off to bed