Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

So, dance classes were awesome! We are totally, terribly uncoordinated, so we were going kinda slow, but the instructor was very welcoming and we had a ton of fun. There were some awkward moments, like when the male instructor stated firmly to my husband that he wasn't gay and if he had to touch DH it was going to be only to improve his form. That kinda made me wonder if they've had problems in the past? We were both like, umm, ok dude, whatever? We told him we wanted to start with something slow, and he was like, well, but what kind of dance were you interested in? And of course, my man, being Latin, said he'd like to learn to salsa EVENTUALLY. So what did we do last night? Worked on salsa =D

So they convinced us to sign up for 2 months of classes and private lessons! After that we're probably just going to do one or the other. I'm so excited to have something for DH and I to do together that involves getting a little dressed up and going out. Our other shared hobby is World of Warcraft, so this, I feel, is a step up... Also, I think we'll do this for kinda cardio (we're still so basic it's not really cardio yet) and then do some free weights at home to start getting workouts in...

This is for yesterday:
W - Water: Only made it to about 80 oz. Which, if I were goal weight would be good... Gonna work harder on this one today
I - I am strong, strong enough to not give up
N - Nutrition:Was totally OP, tho the chili's has me up just a tad this morning on the scale- all the salt I think
T - time for me... Went dancing! I am officially hooked- wear pretty clothes, hold my love, and get a little work out? Sign me up!
E - Exercise: See above =D
R - Rest: Got a pretty good night's sleep
Old 02-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #32  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Yesterday I drank 128oz of water. I think I burned quite a few calories walking back and forth to the bathroom. haha I am going to try to keep it up the rest of the week, and see if it helps with my weigh in.

dream - It sounds like you had a great time in Vegas, kudos for keeping up with exercise!

Dora - I hope you start feeling better soon.

Bigmid - We certainly all do have tough days, I'm glad to hear you're doing a little better. I wish you luck with selling the house, that must be extremely stressful.

Lily - It sounds like your dance lesson was really fun. You'll have to let us know how the group lessons go! I think when I finally get brave enough to take a class, I'll start out with private lessons just to get the basics down.

Mama P - It's not too late to be a loser this week.. You can do it!

Rainbow - you are really motivating, your team is lucky to have you! You did kick our butts, but we wont give up!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #33  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

W - water intake 1/2 my weigh = 62 oz. I drank much more.
I - I have lots of will power

N - Nutrition, 771 calorie (so far) + 43 gram fiber
T - time for me.. I do Bible studies every morning, then read a few chapters in my mystery book.
E - Exercise: Stepper 5 min. am and 5 min. pm (that's all my knees can take)
R - Rest: 8.5 hours
I realize my calories are too low but I usually wake up around 2, can't sleep so I eat a bowl of cereal which brings it up 140 calories more.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #34  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Mercy - Hello glad to see you here you have been very quite this time around. I hope everything is okay with you and with your mom.
Everything is going great W/Mom.I have changed my job @ work,going from rotating shifts to all mornings.I am a little off my game right now,hence me not being here that much.I need to get back on track,Dr's appt. in 2 weeks,I want to take off the last 5 pounds that I had gained since last appt.

I think you are doing a great job Jackie,once you get the house up for sale.everything will fall into place for you.

@ Maryshady, Selena,etc,thanks for the shout out and congratulation to this weeks biggest losers.Keep up the good work!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone.. I hope everyone is having a good day... I am exhausted and preparing for a huge winter storm.. or storms to hit.. supposed to be two over the next 48hrs, with a possible accumulation of 45 - 60cm of snow with high winds... I really hope it is not all that bad but they are saying that everyone should be prepared with flashlights and food..just in case. Today was a crazy busy day of office work today at work, and I have got to learn to just stop for 5 min to go get water or a snack... because today equalled a huge FAIL...when I would think okay you need water I would get distracted and before I knew it it was 5oclock in the afternoon and I had been going since 7am, I did have Kashi Go Lean cereal and a coffee for breakfast and a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch, but that was about it.. then once I got home had a complete snack attack n now feel blagh! sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol have to get more organized and have supper ready for when I get home!

W- fail...
I - I will succeed
N - somewhat okay... ending in a fail..
T - I came here to post.. and will do a daily devotional before bedtime
E - Fail...
R - I slept 7hrs. last night

Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

W-80 oz
I-I have the strength to do this
N- OP
T- sat in the hot tub and steam room
E-30 min bike; 30 min weights; 45 min pool
R-8 hours

Bigmid- Your a great leader! We don't want you to step down. Things will eventually settle down and you'll be able to be around more.

Lily-Glad to hear the dance lessons went great!

Mercy-Its good to hear from you. Its hard when your schedule changes, hopefully you be back on track soon.

Everyone else

I'm off to finish watching BL and then I'm heading to bed. Everyone have a great night.

Last edited by dream710; 02-01-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Angela- Our winter storm must be heading your way. We didn't get much snow but what we did get the wind is blowing all around, making visibility poor. Hopefully tomorrow you'll have a snow day. Stay warm!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. I haven't posted in awhile.
Last week was kinda rough with some marital problems, hopefully they're solved now! I did alright on weight loss last week.
I'm starting to receive comments on how I look now that I've lost weight. I feel good about myself, but I'm very nervous too. Usually when people start to notice in my head it's like im giving myself permission to slide a little with what I eat. This is how I fall off the wagon. I know today I did not really overeat, but I did eat more than usual and had a few bites of a cake that now I feel guilty for. I feel very full from dinner and am worrying that I won't lose anything this week, even though I'm still working out. Any advice on how to not give in once people have noticed your weight loss? It's been a whole month, I feel like I want to eat more like I used to which I shouldnt. I think part of me gets afraid to succeed with weight loss. I always end up gradually picking up my bad habits. I need some advice!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #39  

Hi just a quick check in I need to go to sleep now. I'll be back tomorrow to post. I had a bad eating day today. Started off with great intention then went out to lunch and that blew the rest of the day/night all to heck. I took my lunch and then forgot a customer was taking me to lunch for helping her out. So here's to an OP day tomorrow. I did get in 11 out of 16 glasses of water. Going for all 16 for the rest of the week.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning Blue Team! My day yesterday was all out of whack. I woke up late, so I had breakfast way late. I didn't have any snacks at all, but I had 3 cups of coffee >.< The coffee came back to bite me last night, I couldn't sleep at all. Well, that might have been coffee or stress. I just couldn't stop thinking about stuff (work) all night. I did manage to stay OP (other than the coffee and no snacks), but My whole day was off by about 4 hours.

On the bright side, the scale was moving in the right direction today! 203 =D I've been stuck at 204 for almost a week now, so it was great to see a move down! It also puts me at an even 5% lost, which makes me really happy. Now I'm just looking forward to getting under 200 for good, and then it's on to the big goals.

This is for yesterday:
W - Water: Didn't do so hot at water again- see the 3 cups of coffee issue
I - I am strong, strong enough to not give up
N - Nutrition:OP, though very off from my normal schedule
T - time for me... Listened to some music before bed
E - Exercise: None, but Tuesday is a 13 hour day for me, so I never plan any
R - Rest: Well, better luck next time on this one. I tried.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/140

Good afternoon! It seems most are having pretty good week so far.

I am doing better than the past few weeks. I did manage to get my water intake in yesterday and I ate really good until I went to watch the BB game and decided to induldge in nachos. They were only good for the moment!!

This is from Tuesday:
W - water intake-100 oz
I - I can do this!! Each day is a new day!!
N - Nutrition, not too bad
T - time for you.. No unless you count the drive to and from work
E - Exercise-Biggest Loser Walking DVD-1 mile
R - Rest, about 7 hours

Be safe to all having the bad winter weather. Stay inside where its warm!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #42  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

For Yesterday; Today:
W - water intake - 80 or so ounces (I need to start counting); Today so far 48 oz
I - I am worth this!
N - Nutrition, went over by 123 calories but Not too bad...I went out to play in the snow with my 3 year old (lasted 10 minutes pulling him in the sled) and I didn't gain or lose maintained 196.2; Today so far I'm fine
T - nothing really but I enjoyed the day with my kids; enjoyed my exercise time
E - Exercise, only about 20 minutes of circuit training. (Today I did 105 minutes)
R - Last night was rough I woke up at 3:45 and couldn't fall back asleep til 4:30 or so and then Baby woke up at 5:30 & 7:45
Old 02-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Good morning team
So far this week is going well. I know I have a long way to go to reach my goal, but I am really feeling determined and motivated to actually do it this time.

Lily, that's great that you and your husband enjoyed the dance lesson and signed up for more. Congratulations on having the scale move down

Coco, wow 128 oz of water, that's awesome! WTG

Mercy, it's nice to "see" you

Angela, I've been hearing a lot about the storms on the news. Stay safe!

Quote:
I always end up gradually picking up my bad habits. I need some advice!
I know exactly what you mean. It's such a vicious cycle! The one time that I managed to reach my goal and keep it off, (before my injury), the thing that made the difference for me was to continually remind myself of what I truly wanted, and that I wouldn't be satisfied until I reached my goals. Also, I was very conscious of how good I was feeling when I was exercising consistently and choosing healthy meals & snacks. I think that that constant self talk really helped me to stay focussed. Personally, I know I start to backslide when I pay too much attention to negative, self- doubting inner thoughts.

For Tuesday:
W - 64 oz.
I - I am determined!
N - Nutrition was good.
T - Time for me = read a book for 30 mins before bed.
E - Weights for 29 mins.
R - Slept well

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Narnia99; 02-02-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #44  

Hi I'm just on lunch break so dropping by to let you know I'm eating my packed lunch
Water has been so-so but I'm trying. Feeling very tired today for some reason. I think itmight be from all the crap that Ive been eating so hopefully after a few clean days I'll be back to some sort of normal.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #45  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I just private mailed 25 of the Blue team to see if they'd like to join us here on the Winter Challenge. Hope we don't lose anymore.

W - water intake 1/2 my weigh = 62 oz. I drank much more plus 2 Iced Teas.
I - I have lots of will power
N - Nutrition, 871 calorie (so far) + 41 gram fiber

T - time for me.. I do Bible studies every morning, then read a few chapters in my mystery book.
E - Exercise: 10 minutes of agony on stepper (that's all my knees can take)
R - Rest: 7.5 hours
I realize my calories are too low but I usually wake up around 2, can't sleep so I eat a bowl of cereal which brings it up 140 calories more.