Old 02-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

:wave everyone
Has anyone tried Jorge Cruise's, The Belly Fat Cure? I saw him on Rachael Ray the other day, so I did some research and it sounds like a good plan. I've been following it for about 3-4 days and so far I like it. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else is or has been on his plan?

Bobbi - I am going to check out Bitsy's Kitchen, thanks for the tip.
Glenda - congratulations on your new job!
Nancy - great job with your exercise
Lily - thanks for posting the tomato soup recipe. I love tomato soup so I am going to try it out.
reji - congratulations on your new low weight. You are so close to your goal - way to go
vdander - I can relate to wanting to hide and ignore everything when things aren't going well. I'm glad you came and posted. Don't worry about your gain for this week, you'll have a good number next week

W - 68 oz
I - I'm motivated by reading everyone's posts
N - Good today
T - The usual, bubble bath
E - Cardio 36 mins, weights 28 mins, abs, 8 mins and stretch 4 mins
R - Slept really well last night.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #77  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Hey teammates! I don't have much time, but wanted to check in and read our team thread. I wish you all good luck with your weigh ins this weekend!

W - Water 72oz - I was super busy, and didn't get to my 124oz goal - It takes a lot of planning for me to get that much in lol
I - I love myself enough to get healthy
N - Nutrition - On Plan
T - time for you - made myself exercise even though I didn't feel like it
E - Exercise - 20 min strength training
R - Rest 8 hours
Old 02-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #78  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi there my true blue buddies!

Earlier today, I posted a message that defended the Red Team, that they weren't all about smack down BS, but then I went and looked for myself. I, too, am disappointed. So, I gave my response. You can view it over on the Red Team chat if you like. Needless to say, I removed the post defending them

I'm doing pretty well, inching up on a 2# loss, but my weight goes up and down so we'll see Sunday for sure. I'm on my 3rd day in a row doing 2 miles on WATP, so I'm pleased with that.

W - only 60 oz.
I - I like the spirit of my team
N - OP and feel comfortably full
T - pretty mellow day
E - WATP 2 miles
R - Good sleep with dreams which I love

A couple more days . . . . looking forward to a good showing team, hang in there!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 02-05-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 AM   #79  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Doragone- It's a friendly competition. Nothing is being posted in mean spirited way. Many of our ladies have come on to post for support to help push the blue team along.

Blue Team- Keep up the good work. Although there are two different teams, we are all in this together to make a lifestyle change and make it work for years to come. Call yourself blue, I'll call myself red, but in the end hopefully we will all be LOSERS!!

~Your Red Team Leader
Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #80  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hello everyone!

This week has been a busy week and I havent been busy posting but I have been following my WW propoints plan. I did a Zumba class with a new instructor. It was HARD but heaps of fun! On a 42 degree celsius evening I even went to my personal training session in the park. I took 5 water bottles and drank 3 during the hour class. The trainer saw how committed I was and appreciated that I still turned up.

I am on track for this week, now to keep the momentum going. I am going to go and read back about the WINTER posts that I see everyone posting.

Catch up with you all later,
Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #81  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Blue Team! Nothing in this competition has been posted in a mean spirited way. It's a fun, friendly competition where hopefully we'll all win by losing. Members coming over here to post have done so to try and push everyone along on this journey.

We're not all smack down BS. We're a team that's posting together and motivating each other to stay accountable and be as successful as possible.

Good luck this week, Blue Team! In the entire challenge we've all lost over 420lbs already....amazing! Let's keep adding to that number together.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #82  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Dear Dora & other Blues who have been bothered by perceived "smack talk,"

This is a friendly competition, but we ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!! Can we focus on the fact that as a whole group our Blue & Red team combined has already lost just over 420 pounds and that doesn't count tomorrow's weigh-in? That's just amazing!

When I first joined in this competition I was dubious. Now, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't come on to read posts because there are so many fine ladies who inspire me. The greatest motivator of all is Rainbow and I know she inspires you too!

You know what, I'm 54 years old and I haven't felt this competitive since I was in my 20's. I didn't intend any of the comments to be mean spirited, but I do kind of like the feeling of competition again. If it helps me or any of you drop another 10, 30, 50 pounds then bravo! We'll hug it out in the end!

Have a great day ladies, great last chance workouts, great weigh-in, and try to avoid the bad super bowl food that's bound to tempt us all tomorrow!

Peace!

Last edited by JayTee; 02-05-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning BLUE TEAM!!!!

Wow, I've been away for a bit and I see that some feathers have been ruffled between the two teams while I was gone. I hope that I have done nothing to fluff anyone's feathers or hurt any feelings. I jut want both teams to kick butt and reach their goals!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #84  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Narnia...so what's his plan about? Glad it's working for you. Sometimes it's wise to change your plans to keep from hitting the dreaded Plateaus'.
Quote:
Jorge Cruise's, The Belly Fat Cure?
I have bags under my eyes today, couldn't get to sleep until after midnight, dog woke me at 6 to go out. I just got back from the church, got my exercise in there washing the kitchen floor, general cleaning. My fingernails look terrible, somebody left the water over the sprayer dripping and it took AJax, steel wool pads and a razor blades to get it all off.
W - 64 oz. water, done
I - I have found many new friends on the "Biggest Losers' challenge.

N - Well under 1200 calories.
T - time for me.. I do Bible studies every morning, then read a few chapters in my mystery book.
E - Exercise: Good work out at church
R - Rest: 5.5 hours
I don't usually post on Sundays, my day off. I'll post my weight and save personals for Monday. Have a great week-end everyone and good luck on your weigh-ins.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys, just a quick check in. I used a carpet cleaner on my floors that, I discovered, I am severely allergic to. Not a chest-closing, dying kind of an allergic, but a nose completely clogged, sinus headache from hades kind of allergic. I feel terrible and I used it on my whole carpet, so there's no escape. The worst part is it was just a deoderizer, so I was trying to do something nice and extra to make the house extra nice. And it smacked me in the face >.<

Anyway.

@Narnia, I hope you like the soup! If you don't, lie to me! No, j/k....

Weighing in tomorrow, right in the middle of TOM, but nothing I can do about that I guess. I just hope I can breathe tomorrow. I already canceled our follow up dance class cause I feel so terrible =(
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

I've been so busy that I haven't been able to get over to this thread lately. Since switching back to the Momentum Plan I lost 4lbs and am really excited that I have only 8lbs to go before reaching 100lbs lost!!

As soon as I get my sick kiddos to bed I'll start the WINTER challenge =D Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #87  

I'm not offended by the smack talk, it actually makes me work harder so thankyou =D

Last edited by KimberlyP; 02-05-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #88  

W - I must admit, I'm terrible when it comes to drinking water but I'm going to try to get more in everyday. The only time I really drink it is when I'm at the gym.
I - I have gotten this far and will push myself harder this week. I only have 8lbs to go until I reach 100lbs lost and I am extremely focused right now.
N - I have tracked faithfully for 2 solid weeks. Trying now to use my extra weekly points but I've been using a few extra everyday.
T - Today I went to a nice little coffee shop and studied for a huge exam I'm taking next week. My husband took our 3 kiddos and did fun things with them so I could have time to myself.
E - I exercise pretty much everyday for at least 2 hours, I even walked 4 miles OUTSIDE and it was the day we had the major snow storm here in MI. I went to the gym today only to find it was closed due to the severe weather. Tomorrow I plan on getting there early and staying for 2 hours.
R - Since it's the weekend I didn't get much sleep last night. I went to bed at 1:30am and had to be up at 7am to get my daughter off to basketball and my boys to their hockey practices.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #89  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Nice job Kimberly, so close to 100, that's amazing!!

Bobbi - I hope you get some good sleep tonight, with all of that hard work you deserve some good rest.

Lily - I hope you're feeling better.

Red Team - I know you didn't mean any harm. I am going to think of you while listening to Quad City Dj's - C'Mon 'N Ride It, and burn a few more calories before I go to bed.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Good morning fellow bluesers. Sorry I have been MIA for most of the week. Was having some health problems this week. Seems somehow I have gotten a cold weather injury on my toes (ie frostbite) w/o being outside for any extended period of time. Very painful. I went to see a podiatrist but I am def going to see my primary. The pod didn't seem too worried about it but he did say my capillaries in my toes are filling up fast enough with blood. Well that worries the heck out of me. I want to know why? kwim? Anyway I move to the second part of my protocol today so I can add back in some healthy fats and more cals each day. So excited. My weight loss will slow down now but I am ok with that. I will get back to losing weight soon enough. Hoping for about a 1/2-1 lb a week now. Have an awesome Super Sunday!! Don't eat too much! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
Hi Everyone!I've been so busy that I haven't been able to get over to this thread lately. Since switching back to the Momentum Plan I lost 4lbs and am really excited that I have only 8lbs to go before reaching 100lbs lost!! As soon as I get my sick kiddos to bed I'll start the WINTER challenge =D Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

Glad your new plan is working out for you!!! Congrats on being so close to the 100 lb mark! I know how difficult it seemed when I had 50 to lose. So proud of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily In Bloom View Post
Hi guys, just a quick check in. I used a carpet cleaner on my floors that, I discovered, I am severely allergic to. Not a chest-closing, dying kind of an allergic, but a nose completely clogged, sinus headache from hades kind of allergic. I feel terrible and I used it on my whole carpet, so there's no escape. The worst part is it was just a deoderizer, so I was trying to do something nice and extra to make the house extra nice. And it smacked me in the face
Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey View Post
Good morning BLUE TEAM!!!!Wow, I've been away for a bit and I see that some feathers have been ruffled between the two teams while I was gone. I hope that I have done nothing to fluff anyone's feathers or hurt any feelings. I jut want both teams to kick butt and reach their goals!
I was thinking the same thing when I finally got on here to read this morning. I do believe it is all in good fun and it is a competition after all. Let's all motivate each other to be the best we can be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLynn View Post
HEY GUYS! I switched to the momentum weight watchers plan on wednesday and already I am down to 194.6!!! YAY! I feel like now I am on a roll and will be able to contribute more to on team loss! I'll do WINTER tonight.
WooHoo!!! So glad to hear your plan is working out so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdander24 View Post
Hi Team, I am so happy for the losers! Congrats! Blue Team. I have not been on here for close to a week! Why? A ton of excuses, non of them valid!. The truth is, I feel like I can post only when I am doing okay. When I am not doing the things that are right for me, I want to hide; I just "ignore" everything. Of course, ignoring things, goes WAY beyond my physical health. It colors everything I do. So it's February. My new years resolution was to stop just that, so I am posting as a matter of accountability. I am SO sorry, Blue, but I am going to post a gain this week. Unfortunately, I need to post it, because using a freebie will just let me ignore it for another week. I know everyone has worked so hard, and I promise this next week will be a loss, even if it is a small one.
OH! and I LOVE the WINTER challenge, and will be joining in.
Glad you finally decided to join. This is my 5th challenge and the past two are the only ones I have lost a significant amount of weight. The others I guess I just wasn't ready but you know what? It kept me accountable and I didn't gain weight. I stayed relatively the same thru all three maybe up or down a few lbs. My teammates were always supportive and that helped me get to where my frame of mind is today. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fat View Post
Happy Friday! Yesterday was a great day! I got a job offer I was hoping for. I have been very miserable at my current job so I am looking forward to making a change! But there is a huge downfall. I will not have an office. I will be traveling to different nursing homes each day. So I will be on the road alot. How am I even remotely going to be able to stay OP? Anyone else travel for work?

on the new job. I would say buy one of those small hand held coolers and plan, plan, plan, and then pack, pack, pack. This way you are always in control of what you have to eat when you need to eat it. That is one thing my plan has taught me is to always be thinking and planning ahead so I have just what I need to succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inklestinkle View Post
Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with personals. It's been a weird week..
Just a shout out to say you are doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyO View Post
Hey Blues, sorry I haven't been around much this week. The first couple of days, I ate out 2X and didn't make very healthy choices. But I'm back on track now and have been good since Wednesday. And I've worked out 3 days for around 45 minutes, so hopefully that will cancel my bad eating.
At least you countered the bad food choices with hard work. Hoping the scale fairies were good to you this morning!! lol!!

Mercy-Hey!!! Miss you!

BigMid-Thanks for last week. I think you are a great leader. Once I tried to just take over the weigh in and keep track off the weight loss each week. OMG I was lost and overwhelmed! Kudos to u for all you do it is really appreciated.