Old 01-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #31  

Hi Red Team,
thanks for allt he good wishes, everything is going good with my MIL, she's holding in there. I've been spending a lot of time there, and we've started cooking and eating there together. She is still able to take care of herself most oft he time and has no pain. DS was her for a few days, he was able to get emergency leave to come and say goodbye to his Grandmother. He got an extra day on his leave due to a blizzard that swept through here yeasterday, but it was still hard to see him leave today. Thank God for the Red Cross and the people that help the military people get home for family emergencies.

My weight loss has gone by the wayside. I've even gained some back and I hate myself for it. I'm aiming for amintance right now and when things are a little more settled then I'll start working a lot harder on myself.

Everyone have a great week
Bette K
Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #32  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Just thought I'd log on really quick to come into the chat and explain why I haven't been on.

I ended up starting school much earlier than expected, so now I am working 3 part time jobs and going to school full time, and let me tell you...life has been HECTIC!

I've been thinking about you guys a lot. My apologies for having to drop out of the challenge! I'm still working on my weight loss, but there is almost no way I can possibly get on regularly enough to participate the way my team deserves.

Good luck, Red Team! Hopefully next challenge, I'll have a more manageable schedule!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #33  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well, here's how it oges. Still eating 1600-1700, stll weighing 180. HMMPFF!! Will anything work??
Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Hi! I'm sorry about your family issues...I had wondered what happened. You are certainly welcome to participate. I will put your weighin post back, just marked as unofficial. I thought maybe it was a little premature to delete them immediately. We changed the weighin day to Sunday evening by 9pm before the beginning of the challenge.
Thanks very much. I weighed in at 211.6 today, which was up 2.4 lbs from my starting weight for this challenge. My focus for this week will be getting back on track and watching the numbers on the scale start to head in the right direction again
Old 01-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redreine View Post
Just thought I'd log on really quick to come into the chat and explain why I haven't been on.

I ended up starting school much earlier than expected, so now I am working 3 part time jobs and going to school full time, and let me tell you...life has been HECTIC!

I've been thinking about you guys a lot. My apologies for having to drop out of the challenge! I'm still working on my weight loss, but there is almost no way I can possibly get on regularly enough to participate the way my team deserves.

Good luck, Red Team! Hopefully next challenge, I'll have a more manageable schedule!
good luck on your weight loss!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

hey red team. so I took a freebie this past week due to a sudden and unforseen issue in my marriage. My husband and I have only been married nine months, and he's ready to throw in the towel. He's behaving so strangly lately, it's not an affair or anything it's like a mood shift. he won't talk to me unless its to remind me he wants me to leave....so that stinks. I'm hanging in there though. I am expecting a gain this upcoming week, and hopefully by next week my life will be normalized enough to kick it into gear again.

p.s. congrats to all the losers last week!!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hmmmm....where is everyone? I hope we aren't all dozing out of the groove already...LET'S KICK IT INTO GEAR RED TEAM WE CAN DO IT!

I have been bouncing all around the place on the scale this week, kind of strange but hopefully it picks a number by Sunday!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinazarley View Post
hey red team. so I took a freebie this past week due to a sudden and unforseen issue in my marriage. My husband and I have only been married nine months, and he's ready to throw in the towel. He's behaving so strangly lately, it's not an affair or anything it's like a mood shift. he won't talk to me unless its to remind me he wants me to leave....so that stinks. I'm hanging in there though. I am expecting a gain this upcoming week, and hopefully by next week my life will be normalized enough to kick it into gear again.

This touches me personally because I have been struggling with my hubby for years and we are near a final split right now I believe. He has had those strange mood shifts as well and it has always come out to be him dealing with his own unhappiness and frustration with himself. I believe in our case we need to split to be happy, though it is so hard because he doesn't really agree with that. anyway,just wanted to let you know I am right there with you and know how difficult it is. Take care of yourself...that is the best thing you can do to make yourself feel better!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #39  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

I will definitely have a gain this weigh in. I know it and I don't wanna talk about it.

I've decided to do a one week challenge. I will post my intake daily on SP and I will follow the WW guidelines which are:

6 glasses of water
5 servings of fruits/veggies
3 servings of dairy
2 servings of healthy oils
multi-vitamin/supplements

Maybe if I do this for a week, it'll roll over into a 2nd week, then go into a 3rd week, and so on.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Hmmmm....where is everyone? I hope we aren't all dozing out of the groove already...LET'S KICK IT INTO GEAR RED TEAM WE CAN DO IT!

I have been bouncing all around the place on the scale this week, kind of strange but hopefully it picks a number by Sunday!
I agree lets GO RED TEAM! I have been posting more this week on the BL Spoilers Board as there was a lot of drama on the show this past week!

I'm still trucking along on my WOE and everything is going good! Let's go team we can do this!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies. Doing my weekly check in! Sticking with it this week, but not really losing as much as I want. Down 2 1/2 pounds so far this week. I think I might need to up my calories actually....I've been so busy I don't eat as much as I probably should have! Otherwise everything is good, just busy! Hope the woosh fairy is visiting you all since she isn't visiting me! Wishing Wooshes to you all!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Four weeks and I'm finally on track! Travelling and moving and general craziness is finally over! I did Jillians 30 day shred Tuesday and restarted c25k Wednesday and have generally eaten very well the past week. ( it helps that I'm on my own now and can't afford a whole lot of food I gained weight after the original weigh in before the challenge actually began so I'm just leaving my weight at no change til I'm back down. Looking forward to seeing some results! And since it's Friday I'll have lots of time at the gym today
Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinazarley View Post

so sorry to hear about your marriage. It sounds like you are being strong.....just try to remember to think about YOU and take care of YOU during this time This is from someone who has been there
Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

So update on me today.

This week was not great. I did fine in eating. I even varied my calories a bit more. However my workouts suffered do to a migrane I've had for several days.

Today I was semi-happy to see 149.6 on the scale. It's -0.2 from last week. However here is something interesting.

I have a spreadsheet I fill out every day with my info. I used to weigh in on Saturdays and I didn't change it there so it shows my calculates my sat-sat WI as the weight loss/gain for the week. Here is the stats since my restart on 1/11:

Week 1: predicted weight loss 1.4
actual weight loss 2

Week 2: predicted weight loss 1.7
actual weight loss 1.4

Week 3: predicted weight loss 1.3
actual weight loss 1

According to this things are moving along as expected. I typically WI about 0.3 less than "predicted" by the body bugg which is not bad.....

Interesting huh?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just completely pigged out. That is the downside of having a snow day. I feel really icky...I think I'll go take a walk in the snow...maybe that will make me feel better.