View Poll Results: What does everyone think of a new weigh in day for the Winter Challenge?
A Sunday evening weigh in deadline with everyone and all threads starting fresh by Monday morning? 14 70.00%
Would prefer it to stay the same, as changing it may cause too much confusion. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Merry Christmas !!!! Hope everyone's Christmas wishes came true!!!

Shari-I am praying you find a job very soon. (((hugs)))
Old 12-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #92  

Hi,
It has been a little to heavy on the eating side for me, with Christmas and the fact that TOM is right around the corner. I need to get back on track. At least it has on been 2 bad days so I hope the scale isn't to mean to me tomorrow.....or maybe I'll wait til Monday and drink a ton of water tomorrow. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Shari I hope things get better for you soon...there is always a brighter day in the future, even if you can't see it now and have no idea what it could possible be...it is coming, so hang in there. You need to hang in here for support...we all need that! You are about my exact weight, so let's lose this together.

I am looking forward to a new year. 2009 has been really hard, stressful, and sad for me. Everyone is saying "where did the year go?" and I am saying "why isn't this year OVER YET?" I need a new page.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #94  

All the Christmas treats are gone and I started back on my diet plan today. I found by giving myself permission to enjoy the holiday treats I didn't go overboard like I have in the past. Go figure.

Shari, hope things are looking up for you soon. Hang in there {{{hug}}}
Old 12-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #95  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello purple people. I overate for 2 days but eh, it's Christmas and I knew what I was doing. I've got 5 days to recover until the New Year's feasts start. We'll have our kids and their families with us at NY's so that will kind of be like a second Christmas for us all.

DH didn't buy me any chocolate or junk this year. I bought him chocolate bars but I won't eat those on him. I could have chocolate in the house for months and not be tempted to eat it. I have other vices.

Today I walked for an hour and a half and now I'm heading for my bike. And I'm drinking water. It should take a week to flush out the salt from last night's family party. Yikes, so much salt in salty snacks. And let's not even talk about the fat grams. But today was good. Lots of vegetables and other healthy foods.

Purplefirefly
, I truly hope this year ends on a good note for you.

Well, the countdown is on. Don't forget to weigh in by December 29 for the Weighting for Spring Challenge.

Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Everyone.. I am back! It was so nice to get away for 4 days and just relax and spend time with my parents... but it is nice to be back home and get back to routine..
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is ready to get started soon! lol Don't forget to post your weigh ins for the Winter Challenge on or before the 29th ... 2 days left to weight in!
I will see you all tomorrow! I just wanted to check in and say hi!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #97  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Well, I've indulged in treats for the last 3 days and there's still a bunch of junk in the house that I can't throw out since we're at the IL's. I may just chalk this week up to holiday craziness and let January 1 be the re-start of POP food and exercise. I will not eat poorly on purpose, but I will eat the leftovers modestly until I can get back to my normal routine. The exercise will be back on track Tuesday (tomorrow we'll be painting all day again). I hate to sound like I'm giving in, but it's more like being realistic. Living at someone else's house makes it 10x more challenging because you don't decide what's here and how leftovers are handled and stuff. One more month and our house will be complete! Hallelujah!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #98  
Isabella

Ms Perception, sounds as if you have a realistic approach there. After all, you won't be having junk/treats around for much longer.

Glad you had a nice relaxing time at your parents place, Angela. But it's always nice to get home.

We have left-overs to do us the remainder of the year. I don't think I'll have to cook meals until January 1st unless we have a New Year's Eve party. But I have a ton of frozen foods that I can use for that if it happens. I'm off now to reheat some of those left-overs for lunch. Have a great day and don't forget to weigh in if you haven't already.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

We're getting so close to starting! I can't wait!

I have officially put the holiday behind me and moved on. I still have a stack of presents from my son's birthday party to put away, then things will feel pretty much back to normal around the house. Going to the store for healthy foods today. All junk has been cleared out...finally!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #100  

I weighed in this morning and I'm up 4.6 lbs, courtesy of too many treats over the holidays. Putting the holidays behind me now. (And I mean that literally ... that's where the 4.6 lbs went!) On to the business of undoing the damage and getting to Onderland!

Purplefirefly -
I also feel 2009 has been a stressful, difficult year. And I'm looking forward to a much better 2010!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #101  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

THANK GAWD X-MAS IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my Italian family, but the food!!!!!!!!.................. At least I only gained 4 pounds this Holiday, last year it was 10, then another 5 during the New years Holiday.So, I am ready to re-dedicate myself to diet and exercising, 1 pound at a time.

I am so looking forward to being a part of this community again and the new challenges that await us.

Echo, Diva, where are you guys? Missing you both
Old 12-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies and gents. I hope everyone has enjoyed the holidays. I've been away from my computer, apartment, and scale for over a week now. I had a lot going on last week with a bachelorette party/wedding and graduation party to attend in addition to all the holiday celebrations! Up until the last minute I had been planning to try to stay on track and maintain or lose through all of this. But then I felt myself just getting so sick of being so good all the time. I was a bit afraid that if I tried too hard to stay on track over that week that I'd feel deprived and suffer the all too familiar backlash that has taken me dark places before.

So I gave myself permission to take a hiatus from weight loss. I would enjoy my week however I wanted and accept the weight gain that comes with it. Today I'm back, a few pounds heavier than I'd hoped, and not letting it stress me out! I still have one holiday celebration left, but I will be planning and eating healthfully for that one. I'm returning to the gym this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing those numbers drop again!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 12-28-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Perception View Post
Well, I've indulged in treats for the last 3 days and there's still a bunch of junk in the house that I can't throw out since we're at the IL's. stuff. One more month and our house will be complete! Hallelujah!!!
Ms. P-you have done so well this year I don't think anyone would accuse you of giving up. You sound like you have a very realistic plan. Hooray for being in your house next month!!! We lived with my in-laws when my son was little and although we were very grateful it is hard to live with other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
I weighed in this morning and I'm up 4.6 lbs, courtesy of too many treats over the holidays. Putting the holidays behind me now. (And I mean that literally ... that's where the 4.6 lbs went!)
Too funny!! I'm up 3 lbs from vacation and the holidays so not too bad. Right back on track today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Hello purple people. I overate for 2 days but eh, it's Christmas and I knew what I was doing. I've got 5 days to recover until the New Year's feasts start. We'll have our kids and their families with us at NY's so that will kind of be like a second Christmas for us all.
Sounds like you will be having a wonderful New Year's with all of your family together. Will you be seeing the beautiful grandbaby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Hey Everyone.. I am back! It was so nice to get away for 4 days and just relax and spend time with my parents... but it is nice to be back home and get back to routine..
Angela-Glad to hear you had a wonderful visit with your family
Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #104  
Isabella

Mary, I will indeed see my beautiful baby grandson in a few more days.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #105  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi chickies!!! just wanted to say hello before I leave town again for New Years. I've not been couting a darn thing, but I didn't gain, infact I went down a little. I was working like a mad woman the week leading up to Xmas painting, sewing, moving furniture, cleaning, and I've been extra active at work, so that all led to a small loss.

So, we leave for NYC tomorrow evening, so lots of walking there!!! Looking forward to being back in the city. I would live there if I could. I love it!

Hope everyone has a happy New Year!! I'm pumped about the new challenge and the new season of TBL! My mom gave me her Polar HRM, so I need to change the battery and get it going! Yay mom!!!