Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #181  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hi Teammies~
Sorry I've been MIA, just been in a depressed funk that I'm finally coming out of. I have a lot of catching up to do here!! I hope everyone is doing well, I've missed you ladies big time!!
Melissa~ I will be taking my last freebie for this week, which means that I have to stay commited, cause I'm not leaving this team!!
I'm off to bed. I will be back tomorrow to catch up on reading what's going on with ya'll.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #182  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

well i am down 2 lbs since friday, was 135 this morning. TOM hit on friday and so did the bloating and eating, but i was under calories today and did my chore of 10 real pushups, wow they weren't easy. lol but i'm hoping my good eating today helps me lose more tomorrow and be under last week's 134.8 lbs. my size 8's are still loose on me, so that much is good
Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I just weighed in for the week I have a 0.2lb loss to report. Not much, but it went down, so I'll take it. We went to a dog show/fundraiser Saturday, and the nachos, hotdogs, etc, didn't really do me any good.

The weather around here has been fabulous! I hope it keeps up!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Does anyone know what the plan is for this week's exercise challenge? I assumed that we'll start a new thread for this week's chores, but I didn't know if perhaps we were going to start something entirely new.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #185  
Chrissie-Let's go Red!!

S/C/G: 283/269.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY!

What is your BIGGEST reason for wanting to lose weight?
My biggest reason to lose weight is to not get diabeties. Both my fiance and my mom have it and they have to struggle. My fiance has been admitted twice to the hospital and is not on shots. My mom just recently found out she has diabeties and she is on medication. I just don't want to have to deal with this.

I know recently I have kind of been stuck in a slump but still at each WI I have been loosing little amounts at a time. I know those arent the big numbers I need to be pulling in this challegne but at the same time they are still little numbers of weight that I have lost and with each loss I am decreasing the risks of having diabeties. This keeps me going.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Teamies!!

THANK YOU everybody for your positive comments. I worked a lot yesterday on interrogatories. Now that I've answered my questions, I get to formulate questions for him. I'm NOT going to be nice. tee hee.

Mindy - LOTS of people get stuck around the 45 - 50 pound mark. I've been stuck since June. Took some time off to maintain, and need to get back on track. When you feel down, remember that slow weight loss is permanent weight loss. I lose slowly, too. You think our name has anything to do with it?? lol.

Whoop-hoop! We have internet!! I can't tell you how much I've missed everybody!

Let's all re-vamp and plan for a GREAT week. Healthy food choices, positive attitudes, and some good sweat!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #187  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Well I squeezed out another pound I guess. I am guessing I lost a little more than planned because I was sick this week and I didn't have the best appetite.

So I am reporting a 5 pound loss this week. I'm excited but still so darned sick I don't feel like celebrating. I am going to have to rest up before work this afternoon. I hope everyone does well with their weigh ins! I am going to go lay back down after I get DS on the bus and see if I can sleep this thing off!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #188  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

congrats cat on the 5 lb loss.

I just reported a .2 lb loss this week. i was dealing with TOM and all that comes with it. i was up to almost 137 lbs during last week, and managed to turn things around and come in under last week's weight. but only by .2 lbs, but hey, it means that i can turn things around and drop the weight....so in reality i lost about 2-3 lbs this last week, but that was a gain after last weigh in and before today. lol
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #189  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I started a new exercise challenge for this week. I just did the same as last week. It really helped keep me on track with exercise
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #190  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies~ Well this weekend was nice and relaxing for us. Yesterday we had grandparents over for the boys b-days. It was nice to just sit and visit. Saturday Kev and I went and did a little Christmas shopping and bought some stuff for our room. I can't wait to paint and get it all put together. It's gonna look so nice. I'm ready for something different. Just got back from the gym. I'm back in my groove that's for sure. It feels good to be back to regular exercise. TOM hit Friday so I didn't workout Saturday like I wanted to. There was just no way I could...I felt like ****. I did do some ab work yesterday though...not much. We spent a lot of time watching spooky movies this weekend. Last night we watched The Exorcist...I forgot how much that movie scares me!LOL! The kids are super excited about Halloween. I have to say it's a super fun holiday. I like that we have it before all the craziness of Thanksgiving and Christmas hit. Tomorrow is my babys 5th b-day. I can't believe it! Well I should get moving over here. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Miriam- My comforter is jewel toned....think fall colors and that is what it is I'm having a lot of fun picking out pillows and lamps to go with it! I can't wait to see how the paint looks...we're going a lot bolder then anything we've ever done before so I cross my fingers I like it My grandmother sews and made us a nice quilt for our bed...it's just not the colors I really wanted to go with. I love it though!

Cakses- Congrats on the 5lb loss. You've been doing great the last couple of weeks

MonteCristo- I'll take a little of your fab. weather. It's cold and windy here. I guess our city is living up to it's name!LOL!

Cathy- I'm so glad your back...we all get in our funks! Glad your back though!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #191  
Red Team Member

QUESTION OF THE DAY!

What is your BIGGEST reason for wanting to lose weight?

I couldn't stand feeling like a slug anymore. With 3 kids I needed energy and I didn't have any when I was 200+ Also I wanted to be able to wear all the cute clothes and not have to pay a fortune for them. Mostly though I wanted to set a good example for my kids and be around for a long time to enjoy them!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #192  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thank you Tina, for posting the exercise challenge. I really work well with goal setting.

I'm starting to add real push-ups to my workout. I started doing wall push-ups and graduated to counter push-ups and now I think it's time I started to try to do real push-ups off the floor. I tried a few last week and I can hold my own body up, at last. So I started with 2 and now I can do about 5 although my form is not great and I can't bend my elbows very much I am attempting to do real push-ups. I can push myself up but I can't get down again without almost collapsing. But, hey I couldn't do this at all 6 months ago. Considering I'm closer to 60 than 50 years of age I'm pleased.

I've noticed that so many of you chicks consider a half or a one pound loss a slow loss. I wouldn't consider that slow. I would say if you are losing that much most weeks you are a consistent loser and you must be on plan most of the time. Your plan is working. Losing 5 pounds a week is great but most people can't keep that up for every week. After the initial bigger losses a 3-5 pound loss would be the exception not the norm (unless you are morbidly obese). So don't beat yourself up over a small loss. Over a period of time those small numbers add up to big losses. After all if you only lost an average of 1 pound a week that would be 52 pounds a year/104 pounds 2 year, etc. If you can do that give yourself a pat on the back and be pleased about it all.

OK, everyone don't forget to weigh in by tonight.
We want a good showing this week.

Go RED TEAM
Old 10-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #193  

Alooooooooha....Morning ladies....My 15 day Hawaiian Island cruise is in the past...but I logged on this morning to post my weight and it looks like I may have been removed from the thread. I know I missed posting my weight on 10/13 and 10/20 as I was at sea, but I guess I messed up on some other rule, that's the way things have been going this year.

No worries...best wishes and good luck to you all on the weight loss journey.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #194  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

well i saw the new exercise challenge for this week. thanks Tina!

I have written mine on an index card and hung it up over my laptop, so i have to see it all the time Also, I have a person interested in trading my xbox 360 for his wii....so I'm hoping to hear back from him as to when i can meet him for the trade (love craigslist!) and I can have at least the wii sports games and can get started with that, and add it to my weekly chores
and that gets the expensive part outta the way, and can work on just getting more games (like wiiplay, and jillian, and wii fit, and the hasbro family games, etc)....big plans LOL i'm so excited!!! hope it doesnt fall thru. hope we can trade today and can get started on boxing and bowling (my neighbor doesnt have the nunchuck, so i'm itchin' to try boxing)
Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #195  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Oh Mandey that would be awesome if you could trade. Dh won't be mad will he? LOL. We have a Wii and a PS3 and my DH has been hinting at a 360 and I was like no we have enough already! LOL.